Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover LR3 Lease Questions

1222324252628»

Comments

• britman4britman4 Posts: 27
    No is the simple answer to that

The Devaluation and frankly complete lack of interest from financing companies to do it mean that if you did you would be financially significantly worse off than buying.
    You might get a deal on a Range Rover Sport, because they are pretty flush with them in the US. Saw one the other day at 680 month.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi padraic. Unfortunately britman4 is right. Land Rover is not currently providing any lease support on the 2009 LR3. If you really want one, your best bet would be to finance it through Chase at 0% for 3 years, 0.9% for 4 years, or 1.9% for 5 years ant get a $1,000 cash bonus.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • pj1966pj1966 Posts: 1
    My lease for a 2008 LR3 HSE ends in mid August. I went to the dealer today to discuss purchasing the vehicle after the lease expires. I figured that with the economy where it is, gas prices still high, the LR4's on the way, and folks still not buying cars that I might be able to negotiate a good deal. The residual value from my contract is about $37K. The dealer was not willing to budge off the residual value and they said they could make a lot of money off it if I did turn it in at lease end. Anyone else have any recent experience purchasing a 2008 at lease end or know if I really can't do any better than a buy out price of $37K?
    Well I ended up buying out my lease in May. I was way under the mileage, the car was assessed as in perfect condition and I was pretty attached to it.

I got a lump of cash off the lease buy out. Something like 7k. The dealer was very realistic and at the point when he started negotiating he was quite clear we were going well under the buy out price.

You can get some unused 08's with all sorts of package add ons and style kits for 37. So a brand new or nearly new.

There is NO WAY, they will sell the thing for 37k. Just let them have it back and go and negotiate for a 2nd hand or frankly a new LR3.

The only exception is when it is out of the dealers hands. But the fact that he thinks he will make money from a used 08 at 37k means he has lost his marbles.

I recon you could buy that car for 30/32 depending on mileage,
  • lhr7lhr7 Posts: 11
    Just as an example, I recently purchased a new 2008 LR3 HSE with everything for $40,000. This price also included the maintenance package, as the car falls under the 2008 warranty package including regular schedule maintance for the first 50,000 miles.

I have also seen loads of new 2008 LR3 SEs for the $33 to $37 range, depending on the options. $37,000 for a used 2008 is a little crazy. Although, the buy out price may be out of the dealers hands. My original buy out price was controlled by the Land Rover Capital, not the dealer.
  • soxsucksoxsuck Posts: 3
    My lease is also up, and Land Rover Capital will not budge on the residual either. If I buy a non-titled 08 LR3, it still gets the scheduled maintainance? As well as 0.9% financing, and $1500 owner loyalty?
  • crestonavecrestonave Posts: 219
    Does the LR4 replace the LR3 in 2010, or is it an additional model?
  • postermikepostermike Posts: 28
    The LR4 replaces the LR3. Production on the LR3 has ceased and LR4 is already being produced. They are on their way over to the States as I write this.
    Why have they done this, I can see no real difference.

All seems a bit silly frankly
  • lhr7lhr7 Posts: 11
    Yes, if you buy an untitled 2008 the vehicle still falls under the maintainace program. While, I am not sure about the loyalty program. That depends on the dealer and the customer.
  • eelpouteelpout Posts: 32
    Edmunds doesn't have much info on their site (yet) so check out the following links here and here.

They've updated a lot of the cosmetics, electronics and the engine from Jaguar and made it more upscale (many of the cubbyholes I'm use to are now gone). It looks like they are making it more "soccer mom" friendly and less utilitarian. Which is good or bad depending on who you are. What they didn't do and I'm very disappointed about is improve gas milage; i.e. bring over any of the turbo diesels. That may be a deal breaker for me when my LR3 lease is up.

The demo units should be arriving in dealers in the next couple of weeks and I think shipping dates are in October.
  • jt1977jt1977 Posts: 2
    Hello Car_man,
    My question is related to an 08 LR2. I'm at the end of my lease and trying to figure out how much approx I'll owe in fees when I turn it in. I know what the turn in fee is and excess mileage but not sure how they charge for scratches......there's one on the front bumper that's about 6" and some on the rims over 3-4". There's also a tiny nick on the windshield. Do you have any idea what the charges might be, would it be cheaper to get it all fixed on my own? I'm still debating on whether to buy it out, considering these fees and went 2000 miles over. The buyout is $22774.
    Thanks,
    JT
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited August 2010
    Hi jt1977. If you leased your LR2 back in 2008, I believe that your deal was run through Land Rover Capital Group rather than Chase (which LR uses today). Here's a link to its excess wear and tear guide to help you evaluate whether you will have to pay an sort of fine for excess wear and tear:

Land Rover Wear and Use Evaluator Card.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum