Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover Range Rover Lease Questions

Comments

• I am considering leasing a 2008 RR SC for either 24, 30, or 36 months with 15k miles. It would be great to know the corresponding money factors and residuals for these leases.

Thanks,

Jim
  • Car man...HELP!
  • jvitijviti Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I'm about to lease a new RR HSE Supercharged and I'm trying to figure out if I'm getting a good deal. While the internet says MSRP is 93k several dealers are telling me the MSRP is 96k and they'll drop their price to 93k (although that includes a rear entertainment system which cost $2500 . Not sure if they're gaming me. That said the lease terms I'm getting are roughly consistent across dealers and are as follows:
    30 months; 12k miles/yr; 4,474 down; 1474/month. This includes tax (which is 8.25%). The residual value is 59% and the money factor is .00176. I really want a 36 month lease but they drop the residual value to 50% and increase the money factor to .00220 making for 7,067 down and 1,462/mo. Any opinions/advice??
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi Jim. Here is the information that you're looking for. Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Land Rover Range Rover SC with 15,000 miles per year are .00146 and 62%, respectively. The numbers for a 36 month lease are .00211 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi jviti. Have you looked up this truck's MSRP and dealer invoice price here at Edmunds.com yet? The prices that are listed here are usually very accurate. If a dealer quotes you an MSRP that's higher than the one that is mentioned in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com, they are probably adding some sort of dealer installed option(s) or fees to it.

The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Land Rover's buy rate for this model. That is always a good thing. One thing that I don't like about this deal though is the large down payment that you are considering making. I always advise consumers not to make large capitalized cost reductions on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, you would be better off going with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • njwlognjwlog Posts: 8
    Car_man,

Is Land Rover Capital still offering a 30 month lease on a '08 Range Rover Supercharged? What is the residual and money factor?

Thank you for your great service to all car buyers!
  • guess400guess400 Posts: 1
    I think this is a great price but I want to make sure before I go ahead with the deal. It is on a brand new 08 base Range Rover HSE no options dealer is just throwing in some rubber mats. $799 a month with 8800 down this includes tax and title up front for New York. It is for 24 months with 10,500 a year. Should I pull the trigger on this or wait to get a better deal
  • bully5bully5 Posts: 6
    I believe its very good. Best I could do is 1350 per month on RR base model but with TV's for 36 months, 0 down, 10.5K miles. If you add in your pre pay 8800 your payment is around 1150 per month.
  • jbratxjbratx Posts: 40
    $8,800 down seems a little steep for a lease.
    You're very welcome, njwlog. I don't think that Land Rover's 30 month lease program on this truck is anything special right now. If you really want to lease one, you would probably be better off going with a 36 month lease. Your monthly payment will be lower. Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged with 15,000 miles per year are .00302 and 56%, respectively.

If you are a current Land Rover owner or lessee, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 owner loyalty cash that is currently available on the '08 Range Rover.

Car_man
    Host
  • Carman

I am getting the following deals both for 24 months:
    RR Sport HSE - $1067 a month/15k miles with only First month payment, tag & title out of pocket.
    RR Sport Supercharged - $1347.34/15k miles (same as above).

I am looking to bring down my payment to around 1k for Supercharged. Can I get it down by reducing my miles to 12k and leasing it for 36 months instead?
    What should the money factor be for both 24 and 36 months?

Thanks
  • donchardonchar Posts: 22
    Hey Car_Man, why are the money factors for RRS.SC up so much recently? Late last year, you were posting in the high teens to low 20s and now they seem to be in the 30s! Additionally does any one know what the typical markup from auction or trade-in is? Thanks everyone.
  • jbratxjbratx Posts: 40
    Does anyone know when the 2009s will be available?
    Hi alwaysarookie. Reducing this truck's mileage allowance would definitely lower its monthly payment. Getting the dealer to lower its selling price would as well. Did you negotiate the selling price? If not, you definitely should do so. As far as the length of this lease goes, normally 36 month leases have lower monthly payments than 24 month leases. However, Land Rover appears to be steering consumers towards 2 year leases of this truck by offering lower money factors on that term. It is difficult for me to tell off of the top of my head which term will provide a lower monthly payment.

Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE with 15,000 miles per year is .00224. The factor for a 36 month lease of this truck is .00260. The numbers for 24 and 36 month leases of an '08 Range Rover Sport Supercharged are .00162 and .00211, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • rsinghflrsinghfl Posts: 3
    I am looking to lease RR HSE with entertainment package. My 2006 is up for lease, and the 2008 I am getting is with 2k out of pocket, 12k miles, 24 month and 1200/month is this a good lease?My 2006 was 1070/month with 2500 out of pocket but it was for 10500/miles and didn;t have a entertainment package.
    I am looking to lease RR HSE with entertainment package. My 2006 is up for lease, and the 2008 I am getting is with 2k out of pocket, 12k miles, 24 month and 1200/month is this a good lease?My 2006 was 1070/month with 2500 out of pocket but it was for 10500/miles and didn;t have a entertainment package. This is in NJ.
    Car_man:

I am getting a RR with rear entertaintment from 3 dealers for 1200/month, 12k miles, 24 month lease and total 2k out of pocket. I am a current RR customer so do get the 2k royality. Is this a good deal or can I do better. My current RR was for 1097 but it was for 10,500 miles/year.

Also how much should be added for a luxury package?

Please advise.

Thanks
  • Hi Car man,

RR leases used cars. I found that out today when I looked into very nice and well equipped HSE. But the money factor the dealer showed me was horrible. here are the numbers. '06 RR HSE MSRP 41,000 adjusted cap $38,500, 36mo, 12K miles per year. Residual is 28% but that is on the original 77,000 MSRP. Money factor - 0.00495. payment came before tax 711. 12% interest seems outrageous right now and i was wondering if that's a dealer scam or special interest applies when leasing a used vehicle. thanks
  • okaasokaokaasoka Posts: 2
    I was shopping around to get another Range Rover lease and I was wondering if anyone found a good deal. my current lease is $994 and change with 12k for miles @ 24 months. i had to put 2,000 down for that payment. i figured the way the market was maybe someone knew of something better?

Thanks!