Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover Range Rover Sport Lease Questions

Comments

• I agree that you should put 5k down and extend the lease for a year. the sweet spots are usually around 30-36 month leases. But the thing that people get screwed on is that they don't treat their down payment as part of their monthly payments. and they don't factor in tax. You have to realize that a down payment is essentially amortized over the life of the lease, plus you lose interest on that 5k that you would get if you invested it for 3 years instead. that's why you should try to make smaller down payments even if the monthly price goes up. does the $823 include tax?

and take a look at swapalease. they are ads from DEALERS, and then you call the dealer. it's better than any deal you'll get.
  • jsd39jsd39 Posts: 5
    Yes, the $823 includes both sales and property tax. I checked on swapalease and called one dealer, and its deal was actually very close to this one if you add in the property tax.
  • chop4chop4 Posts: 1
    I'm in the market to either buy a 2008 range rover sport or lease. i'm confused to which makes more finacial sense. these dealers do not seem to want to make any kind of deals on these cars. what price would be a good deal on a 2008 standard sport or would a 2008 lux be a better choice. buy or lease? this car really comes without any extras. racks, tow hitch...etc. what to do to get a good deal. would it be benefical for me to get a 2007 if i could find one?
  • I was offered RRS w/ lux and rear entertainment (MSRP 64,400) for 3.5k off. I have the coupon that i got in email a few days ago for another 1.5k off. should i go for it or look around a bit more? thanks
  • uecuec Posts: 4
    Greetings Car_Man,

Could you please share any residuals and money factors for 2008 RRS 36mo & 48mo with 15,000 mi/yr with Land Rover financial and US Bank if possible.

Thanks a lot!
  • jbratxjbratx Posts: 40
    What's the difference between going through the dealership and car leasing companies? They say they offer better deals. Does anyone have any experience leasing through one of these companies?

i.e ( http://www.phillipsautoleasing.com/ )

- Thanks
  • eights38eights38 Posts: 137
    jbratx - Car leasing companies typically receive lower prices due to strong relationships, knowledge of all rates, residuals, and incentives, and higher volumes. Do your research, visit the dealer, and then give a leasing company such as www.yourautoadvisors.com a call. You really have nothing to lose.
  • I am looking for prices that are currently being paid for 2008 RRSC Full Size. There is only one dealer in San Diego...and they use that and not deal. Besides they have limited availability of any RRSC F/S anyway and no demo vehicle...lame! I am prepared to have a vehicle shipped from anywhere in the US if I can get good enough deal. Southern Cal dealers really are not interested in any kind of dealing for these cars...or perhaps I am just a bad at trying...could be. If anyone knows of dealers that will deal I would be very grateful. Just found this site...some very good information here. Thanks.
  • eights38eights38 Posts: 137
    oliie67 - It is difficult to find a 2008 RRSC F/S. Are you looking to lease or purchase? If you need more help, please feel free to email me or reply.
  • My wife wants a Range Rover Sport (basic model not supercharged). What is the current residual and money factor on a 36 month lease at 15,000 miles per year? Also, is the residual figured on the MSRP or on the actual price you pay. Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi emepstein. Here's the information that you're looking for. Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE with 15,000 miles per year are .00275 and 52%, respectively. Vehicles' residual values are calculated using their full MSRPs plus the MSRPs of any factory-installed options.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Guys,
    I am in the market looking at RRS & RRSS for 24 months with 15k/yr.

The best price I have are as follows:
    1. RRS - MSRP ($64,900) - dealer discounting it to $60,900 - $1053
    2. RRSS - MSRP ($74500) - dealer discounting it to $70,500 - $1251

For both I am paying just the first month's payment and the monthly includes taxes.

Should I be looking at details such as money factor and I am also considering buying the car at the end of the lease what should that price be?

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi alwaysarookie. You were smart to find out the selling prices of the trucks that you are interested in. Many consumers forget that the selling prices of leased vehicle are negotiable and just focus on the payment. It definitely wouldn't hurt to find out what money factor the dealer is using to calculate your monthly payment. Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE is .00224. The number for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 Range Rover Sport Supercharged is .00283. If the dealer tries to use higher money factors than these to calculate your lease payment, they are likely trying to mark-up your truck's money factor to add additional, hidden back-end profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • So this is what I was able to work out:

Range Rover Sport for $999 a month/12k miles/yr with $1500 out of pocket and 24 month lease.
    Ranger Rover Sport Supercharged for $1099 a month/12k miles/yr with $2000 out of pocket and 36 month lease.

Now which one should I go for? I test drove both last evening and Supercharged def handles better and the pickup is just amazing but does not come with Rear Entertainment and stuff. Just base Supercharged and on the other hand, the regular one is not bad and comes with Rear Entertainment, Luxury and Sirius. So which one to go for?
  • scottinkyscottinky Posts: 194
    why do you want to spend so much money per month on a POS you won't
    own? damn. this economy sucks, gas is high, get something more
    reasonable and fuel efficient for less money.
  • donchardonchar Posts: 22
    the Sport Super sounds like a decent deal, what capitalized cost, money factor and residual were you quoted? was is from US Bank or Landrover capital?
  • current1current1 Posts: 1
    Carman,

I was wondering if the Land Rover Financial lease money factors and residuals have changed since your 11/26/07 post, and if so, what they currently are for 24, 30, & 36 months leases with 10.5K, 12K, & 15K allowed miles?

Thanks
  • jbratxjbratx Posts: 40
    Does anyone know when the 2009s will be available?
  • mrchilimrchili Posts: 17
    Hey Carman,

Does this deal look good or can I still negotiate????

$54,995* ON 2008 RANGE ROVER SPORT HSE
    $699* LEASE FOR 24 months $0 down if current LR owner
    10500 miles year

Could you fill me in on the Lease factor and Residual for a Sport??

Thanks
  • Mr Chili

Here is my insight on it:
    I went with the RRS MSRP of $64500 - $999/month $2k out of pocket (tax, title etc) 12k miles a year

From the MSRP prespective I looked at a few other cars:
    - I negotiated at $54,000 BMW down to $1500 out of pocket and $579 a month (including Taxes)
    - Audi Q7 $55,000 - $849/month for 24 months
    BMW has the best 24 month lease while Audi has the best 36 months. If the quote you are getting is the ad special you might be able to break it down a bit more.
This discussion has been closed.