Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover Range Rover Sport Lease Questions

Comments

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,724
    Tranny failures at 1,000 miles past warranty aren't covered!
    Unacceptable on a car that visited the dealership repair shop over a dozen times.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    I don't see what that has to do with Range Rover leasing.
  • sb07sb07 Member Posts: 6
    Can I get some numbers on a RR Sport Lease
    2007 RR Sport, Xenon, NAV, Wheels,
    15,000 Miles
    24-36 Months
    Lease factor, % residual, monthly payments with $2,500 down
  • standardautostandardauto Member Posts: 14
    Thank you for your insight/help car_man.
  • standardautostandardauto Member Posts: 14
    I'd be willing to PayPal $100 to somebody who has a $1500 certificate discount towards purchase/lease of a Range Rover Sport or can help me find one. (the one that expires at the end of the month)
    Please let me know.
  • docretinadocretina Member Posts: 1
    just checked into 2007 range rover hse $77250
    WANTED TO KNOW CURRENT RESIDUAL VALUES/percentages, money factors
    12000 miles 36 month lease
    for negotiation purposes
  • lzamarelzamare Member Posts: 1
    Hello:

I want a 2007 or 2008 RR Sport w/Luxury Package to lease with a payment as close to 700 as I can get.

Please give me your advise on the following. It is not what I originally wanted but if its a better deal I am thinking about taking it.

2007 Sport 58,400, 3,459 discount pp 54,991 10,500 annual miles, 7500 down, money factor .00349 pmt approx $685.
    Putting that much money down on a lease is never a good idea in my opinion.
  • roverboyroverboy Member Posts: 26
    You never want to put that much money down on a lease. It may make you feel like you are paying $700 per month, but if you spread out that 7500 by the term of the lease (let's say, 36 months) you are essentially paying $200 per month more but you are paying it up front (instead of investing it or using it for other purposes). Bottom line is you should ask what the price would be with no money down. My guess is that you won't be able to get a RR Sport Luxury for less than $1000 per month when you include tax. Try Swapalease.com. they usually have the best deals, but be careful because they use huge down payments to make it look like the payments are cheap. and they don't include tax. I got mine for $930 per month after tax, luxury pack, but I had Ford X plan pricing. My guess is you will pay $1000.
  • mcho3mcho3 Member Posts: 37
    i am also looking for RR sport w/ luxury.
    could you tell me some of the details of this ford x plan.
    i have been working the lease calculator and cant get the payment less than 1000. thanks mike
    X plan is 4% over invoice, plus destination fee and RAG fee. Look up the invoice price and just add on the 4% and the fees and then do the math. They will try to rape you, but you have to be smart and stick to the 4% over invoice. Once you caluculate the price of the car (reduced cap cost) then you can back into your payment. But again, I got lucky, it's tough to get it below $1000. good luck
    so what was your selling price on your RRS HSC w/ Lux?
  • 07range07range Member Posts: 4
    I saved $5,000 0n my 07 rrsport/sc and could help you also. I searched and searched and finally went with a private dealer who came through great. 07 rr sport/sc - 0mi. loaded to the gills w/ black oak int. I paid $1029.00 plus tax per month - $0.00 down!!! Only 1st & incept. BEAT THAT!
    MSRP was $61,450 for luxury package. Had X-plan, so it was 4% above invoice, plus RAG, plus destination fee. Payments $930 per month AFTER TAX. That is the best deal you can ever get and I had to negotiate and chip away for 2 months to get that. And I almost had a legal battle with the dealer bc they tried to tack on another few grand at the end, but I wrote them a nasty legal letter and they backed down. I think they realized that I got the best of them. It will never happen in my lifetime again. lawyer vs. car salesman. battle to the death.

To the dude who posted that he got $1029 plus tax. That's not that great. Tax is around $70 bucks per month, so you are looking at $1100. I think that price can be beat if you look hard enough. the problem is, it's all about supply. if they keep supply low forever, the buyer will never get a good deal bc too much demand.
    You think that this deal could be beat but your not sure right? let me tell you I tried 5 different dealerships/dealers and the best was $1300.00 w/ $1000.00 down. I beleive 0 down $1094 is incredible and when I old the dealers they said it was unheardof. Anyway I'm thrilled w/ my truck and even still anybody I ask about theirs is paying way more than I am! :) I'd be intereted to see if it can be beat. GOODLUCK!
    saved $5,000 0n my 07 rrsport/sc and could help you also.

Ok so what did you pay for the car? Assuming the Base MSRP of 71,250 did you pay 66,250?

I searched and searched and finally went with a private dealer who came through great. 07 rr sport/sc - 0mi. loaded to the gills w/ black oak int.

A private dealer? Do you mean you didn't buy it at a Land Rover dealer? If you didn't buy it at a Land Rover dealer you didn't buy it new. You can't compare a used car, even one with only a few miles, to a new one.

What does loaded to the gills mean? There are only four options on a SC Sport and hand polished oak wood is not one of them as it is a no cost option.

I just ran the lowest mileage best term lease you can do using the least expensive SC Sport and a 5,000 dollar discount.

With all the taxes pulled out I came up with $1,014.43 per month with $1,563.16 down.

Sounds like you got something extra tacked on somewhere or you didn't pick the best term. Now can I see a Rover dealer taking a 2,000 some dollar skinny deal on a SC Sport? Ehh maybe if they are a big dealer and need to cut some inventory but that is it.
    The truck said 10 miles and the cap was $66,900. Maybe you known something I don't. I had all the #'s check out and was told it was good.
    The truck said 10 miles and the cap was $66,900. Maybe you known something I don't. I had all the #'s check out and was told it was good. I picked 48m/w/15miles.
    Yikes you did 48 months at 15,000 miles a year... :surprise:

Good luck with that when you are 10,000 miles out of warranty.

When leasing I follow two principal guidelines.

Number one is never lease out of the warranty period. Doing a high mileage lease is fine but do it on a short enough term so that you never run out of warranty miles.

Number two is don't lease for more then 36 months. The whole point of leasing is to reduce your exposure to risk and to get a new vehicle more often. By leasing for a long term and leasing out of warranty you are increasing your risk exposure.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here is the information that you're looking for, docretina. Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE with 12,000 miles per year are .00334 and 57%, respectively. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    i just got a monthly price of 980, 12k 30 months for 2007 RRS w/lux. Should i go for this deal?
  • rrs_bosrrs_bos Member Posts: 3
    Hey ... I've been reading these forums and finally have a question of my own. I'm about to pull the trigger on this deal (Boston area) ... let me know if I should go if I can get a better one:

07 RRS HSE with Lux (new)

61,350 (Lux plus satellite)
    57,350 Selling price
    1,000 down
    ------------
    56,350 cap

24 month lease
    .69 residual
    .00265 MF

$3040 at delivery

Payments (870) with sales&excise taxes (120) come to roughly $990 a month.

Thanks! Please respond asap. Also -- if anyone has a coupon please let me know. I can post my email.
    I was able to get this same car for $55,950, 30 months, 12k/year, with $2000 down for $950 a month. I hope this helps
    Thanks for the info mcho3.

Can you tell me what your cap, selling price, MF & residuals, and whether or not you used the coupon (I saw it in your prior posts). Was the 55,950 before or after the $2k down?

So that I have enough info to go back to the dealer with a counteroffer.

Thanks!
    55,950 was before $2000 down. Money factor seems close to what you have and residual was lower.(but not sure what it was) Hope this helps. mike
    Mike -- thanks! Yea -- it helps. I went to a different dealer (who didn't have anymore '07's) and he told me that there was $4000 in dealer cash for '07 Sports! I'm going to try to renegotiate. Thanks again for the info.
    I just heard from my dealer that they gave me a residual that it 1% higher. But they are not going to change my monthly payment. For 30month it was 61% but they have it on the paper as 62%.
  • william2563william2563 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me the residual difference (if any) between 07 and 08, both for hse, 36 mo, 15k miles/yr? Reading through this board and it seems like somewhere around 56-57% residual for 07, wonder if it's higher for 08?
  • bxnycbxnyc Member Posts: 1
    Hello All Range Rover Lovers,

I have been reading some of the threads. Very helpful these are. Ok, I am looking to lease a 2008 Range Rover Supercharge MSRP $93600. Thats with the Navagation, Rear Entertainment DVD, and backup camera (if an option). What is the lowest I should accept for a monthly payment on a lease for 24 months? Any feedback is appreciated. I got some quotes from some dealerships in my area ranging from $1,369 all the way up to $1948.

Thanks

Lance.
  • 65wagon65wagon Member Posts: 3
    Hello wanted to know what the residual and money factor is for 24mo/10k yr and 30mo/10k yr, also is there any lease incentive besides the coupon. Thinking about leasing on Monday. Thanks -JP
  • pinaropinaro Member Posts: 1
    i just leased a 2008 range rover sport, and trade-in my old SUV for 14,000. For 36 months lease I am paying 830$ a month. isn't that horrible?
  • bogi1bogi1 Member Posts: 7
    That is. Is there a 3 day period where you could still back out of it and reneg?
    If it is so horrible why did you sign the papers? Sports are leasing between 1,200 and 1,400 a month depending on equipment level and mileage.

What mileage is your lease for and what options does your sport have?
  • antonellaantonella Member Posts: 2
    WHICH IS THIS A GOOD DEAL OR IS IT A GOOD DEAL?
    2008 Range Rover Sport w/luxury interior package, satellite radio and rear seat entertainment (Option #2 or #3 seem to work best).

MSRP: $64,400
    Your Price: $62,185

Option #1
    24 months; 12k miles per year; taxes up front
    Money Factor: .00250
    Residual: 68%
    Monthly Payment: $1,031.32

Option #2
    30 months; 12k miles per year; taxes up front
    Money Factor: .00263
    Residual: 64%
    Monthly Payment: $970.91

Option #3
    36 months; 12k miles per year; taxes up front
    Money Factor: .00213
    Residual: 54%
    Monthly Payment: $971.33
  • dcoreydcorey Member Posts: 1
    Being told by Dealer that Land Rover has added 3 months to it's 3month pull ahead program. Does anyone know if this is smoke and mirrors? Buying/Leasing a RRS S/C and turning in LR3.
    Yes it is now six months early out on all Land Rover models. Previously it was three months early out and it only applied to 2008 LR3s.
    Here's the information that you're looking for, 65wagon. Land Rover Capital Group's fourth quarter buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Range Rover Sport HSE with 10,500 miles per year are .00200 and 67%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease are .00257 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bogi1. Unfortunately the three day recision period for new vehicle purchases is a myth. Once you have signed the paperwork for your lease and drive off of the lot in your new vehicle, you're stuck with it. This is why it is extremely important to research any new vehicle purchase prior to finalizing any deal. Don't let the fact that you might be paying a little more than others for your new Land Rover ruin the wonderful experience of getting a new vehicle for you. Just chalk this up as a learning experience and do more research on your purchase or lease next time.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi antonella. The truck that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $5,400 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That puts the selling price that you were quoted at around $3,200 over invoice. I think that Range Rover Sports are selling pretty well, but I do not know what the going rate for one is in your area. There is enough room here that it wouldn't hurt to comparison shop a little bit to see if you can find a dealer that is willing to give you a larger discount. The money factors and residual values that you were quoted look good to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • antonellaantonella Member Posts: 2
    Car_man, thank you very much!
    You're very welcome, antonella.

Car_man
    Host
  • cstatencstaten Member Posts: 2
    Car_man -
    I'm interested in a 2008 RR Sport HSE with Lux and Satellite..I also have the X plan. The dealer quoted me a MF of .0036!! This seems very high..Can you confirm the current MF? I'm looking to lease for 30 months, 15K Miles...The residual is 60% I believe.

Thanks for the help.
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Carman, would be so kind as to provide me with the residual and MF on the above referenced vehicle for 24, 30 and 36 months with 10.5 and 12K miles. Additionally, are you able to confirm that the acquisition fee is $595 and if there is an additional $700 in advertising fees, etc. on each vehicle. Furthermore, are there any incentives in terms of certificates from Land Rover (similar to the $1500 certificates for the '07) models or marketing support. Finally, when do these residual and MF figures change?

Many Thanks,

Steve
    Hi cstaten. You may want to find a different dealer to work with. The money factor that you were quoted is definitely too high. Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30 month lease of a 2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE with the Luxury Package with 15,000 miles per year are .00263 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, Steve. According to the latest information that I have seen, through the end of the year Land Rover Capital Group's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE with 12,000 miles per year are .00247 and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 30 month lease are .00261 and 65%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00291 and 55%. The residuals for leases with only 10,500 miles per year would be 1% higher. Land Rover Capital definitely charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases, but I'm not familiar with the advertising charges that Land Rover tries to pass on to its dealers. Land Rover is not currently providing any cash incentives on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • jsd39jsd39 Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I'm new to leasing and a very poor mathematician, and am curious what you think of the following quote for a 2008 Range Rover Sport with luxury package and satellite radio, 24 month lease with 12,000 miles per year: $10,000 total due at signing, $823 per month. This is apparently a residual of 68% and a lease rate of .00285, with a $1,500 discount off of list price. I'm told that these payments include both sales tax (6%) and property tax (which seems somewhat unique to Land Rover). I know that putting this much down on a lease isn't recommended, but it gets my monthly payments into my comfort zone. Is this a good deal, or if not, what should I expect my monthly payments to be with a $10,000 down payment? Thanks a lot!
    Dude, this is NOT a good deal at all. First of all, do not put that much money down. Just don't do it. It's not smart. I know you want to get your "comfort level" payments per month, but that's irrational and frankly idiotic. Hate to be blunt, but it's just honesty. You should look to pay around $1000 per month, with NOTHING down for that car. Period. If you divide your 10k down payment by the term of the lease (let's say 36 month), that's $277.00 per month that you are paying in your down payment. So if they are saying your monthly is $823, you have to incorporate the $277 and so you are really paying around $1100 per month, which is way too high.

also, there is no property tax. that is a total scam. never even heard that one before.

take a look at swapalease.com. you should be able to get your payments down to under $1000 or near it (this includes tax) without paying any down except for title and registration, and destination fee.
    The only thing right in your whole post is that you shouldn't put that much down on a lease.

Everything else is wrong.

All Land Rover leases through Land Rover Capital Group include property tax. It is not a Scam, it is not wrong, it is not the dealer trying to screw you out of 60-100 bucks a month it is how the lease is structured and it is a better way to do it. You will not get under 1,000 dollars a month for a Lux interior range Rover sport with nothing down. I just ran that lease using the numbers he provided and with $1,600 out of pocket he is just over 1,200 dollars a month including property and sales tax.

In order to get under 1,000 dollars a month with nothing down on a 24 month 12,000 miles a year lease on that Sport they dealer would have to sell it for a 1,000 dollar loss which they aren't going to do. What he should do is increase the term to 30 months which will put him under 1,150 a month if you keep everything else the same.

Come in on a 30 month 12k a year lease and about 5,000 in cash to get you at around 1,000 dollars a month.
  • jsd39jsd39 Member Posts: 5
    Okay, thanks. Other than the fact that no one likes the idea of me putting $10k down, using my numbers, does the $823 sound about right if I was to pay that much up front on a 24 month lease? I'd like to use this as a basis for knowing if I'm getting screwed or not, so I'll know how to deal with the dealer. Having said that, perhaps your suggestion of $5k down, $1k per month for 30 months, makes good sense -- except for the fact that I'm not sure if I'll want to keep the car that long. Thanks again!
  • ctdubl07ctdubl07 Member Posts: 6
    BR - assuming their are fair lease programs on RRS '07's available, could the combination of the $4k marketing support (shown here on E.com) plus the $1.5k coupon position one for a more attractive lease deal than on an '08?

Second - any updates as to US diesel availability any time soon?

thanks
This discussion has been closed.