Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover Range Rover Sport Lease Questions

Comments

• andres3andres3 CAPosts: 5,341
    Tranny failures at 1,000 miles past warranty aren't covered!
    Unacceptable on a car that visited the dealership repair shop over a dozen times.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476
    I don't see what that has to do with Range Rover leasing.
  • sb07sb07 Posts: 6
    Can I get some numbers on a RR Sport Lease
    2007 RR Sport, Xenon, NAV, Wheels,
    15,000 Miles
    24-36 Months
    Lease factor, % residual, monthly payments with $2,500 down
  • Thank you for your insight/help car_man.
  • I'd be willing to PayPal $100 to somebody who has a $1500 certificate discount towards purchase/lease of a Range Rover Sport or can help me find one. (the one that expires at the end of the month)
    Please let me know.
  • docretinadocretina Posts: 1
    just checked into 2007 range rover hse $77250
    WANTED TO KNOW CURRENT RESIDUAL VALUES/percentages, money factors
    12000 miles 36 month lease
    for negotiation purposes
  • lzamarelzamare Posts: 1
    Hello:

I want a 2007 or 2008 RR Sport w/Luxury Package to lease with a payment as close to 700 as I can get.

Please give me your advise on the following. It is not what I originally wanted but if its a better deal I am thinking about taking it.

2007 Sport 58,400, 3,459 discount pp 54,991 10,500 annual miles, 7500 down, money factor .00349 pmt approx $685.
    Putting that much money down on a lease is never a good idea in my opinion.
  • roverboyroverboy Posts: 26
    You never want to put that much money down on a lease. It may make you feel like you are paying $700 per month, but if you spread out that 7500 by the term of the lease (let's say, 36 months) you are essentially paying $200 per month more but you are paying it up front (instead of investing it or using it for other purposes). Bottom line is you should ask what the price would be with no money down. My guess is that you won't be able to get a RR Sport Luxury for less than $1000 per month when you include tax. Try Swapalease.com. they usually have the best deals, but be careful because they use huge down payments to make it look like the payments are cheap. and they don't include tax. I got mine for $930 per month after tax, luxury pack, but I had Ford X plan pricing. My guess is you will pay $1000.
  • mcho3mcho3 Posts: 36
    i am also looking for RR sport w/ luxury.
    could you tell me some of the details of this ford x plan.
    i have been working the lease calculator and cant get the payment less than 1000. thanks mike
    X plan is 4% over invoice, plus destination fee and RAG fee. Look up the invoice price and just add on the 4% and the fees and then do the math. They will try to rape you, but you have to be smart and stick to the 4% over invoice. Once you caluculate the price of the car (reduced cap cost) then you can back into your payment. But again, I got lucky, it's tough to get it below $1000. good luck
    so what was your selling price on your RRS HSC w/ Lux?
  • 07range07range Posts: 4
    I saved $5,000 0n my 07 rrsport/sc and could help you also. I searched and searched and finally went with a private dealer who came through great. 07 rr sport/sc - 0mi. loaded to the gills w/ black oak int. I paid $1029.00 plus tax per month - $0.00 down!!! Only 1st & incept. BEAT THAT!
    MSRP was $61,450 for luxury package. Had X-plan, so it was 4% above invoice, plus RAG, plus destination fee. Payments $930 per month AFTER TAX. That is the best deal you can ever get and I had to negotiate and chip away for 2 months to get that. And I almost had a legal battle with the dealer bc they tried to tack on another few grand at the end, but I wrote them a nasty legal letter and they backed down. I think they realized that I got the best of them. It will never happen in my lifetime again. lawyer vs. car salesman. battle to the death.

To the dude who posted that he got $1029 plus tax. That's not that great. Tax is around $70 bucks per month, so you are looking at $1100. I think that price can be beat if you look hard enough. the problem is, it's all about supply. if they keep supply low forever, the buyer will never get a good deal bc too much demand.
    You think that this deal could be beat but your not sure right? let me tell you I tried 5 different dealerships/dealers and the best was $1300.00 w/ $1000.00 down. I beleive 0 down $1094 is incredible and when I old the dealers they said it was unheardof. Anyway I'm thrilled w/ my truck and even still anybody I ask about theirs is paying way more than I am! :) I'd be intereted to see if it can be beat. GOODLUCK!
    saved $5,000 0n my 07 rrsport/sc and could help you also.

Ok so what did you pay for the car? Assuming the Base MSRP of 71,250 did you pay 66,250?

I searched and searched and finally went with a private dealer who came through great. 07 rr sport/sc - 0mi. loaded to the gills w/ black oak int.

A private dealer? Do you mean you didn't buy it at a Land Rover dealer? If you didn't buy it at a Land Rover dealer you didn't buy it new. You can't compare a used car, even one with only a few miles, to a new one.

What does loaded to the gills mean? There are only four options on a SC Sport and hand polished oak wood is not one of them as it is a no cost option.

I just ran the lowest mileage best term lease you can do using the least expensive SC Sport and a 5,000 dollar discount.

With all the taxes pulled out I came up with $1,014.43 per month with $1,563.16 down.

Sounds like you got something extra tacked on somewhere or you didn't pick the best term. Now can I see a Rover dealer taking a 2,000 some dollar skinny deal on a SC Sport? Ehh maybe if they are a big dealer and need to cut some inventory but that is it.
    The truck said 10 miles and the cap was $66,900. Maybe you known something I don't. I had all the #'s check out and was told it was good.
    The truck said 10 miles and the cap was $66,900. Maybe you known something I don't. I had all the #'s check out and was told it was good. I picked 48m/w/15miles.
    Yikes you did 48 months at 15,000 miles a year... :surprise:

Good luck with that when you are 10,000 miles out of warranty.

When leasing I follow two principal guidelines.

Number one is never lease out of the warranty period. Doing a high mileage lease is fine but do it on a short enough term so that you never run out of warranty miles.

Number two is don't lease for more then 36 months. The whole point of leasing is to reduce your exposure to risk and to get a new vehicle more often. By leasing for a long term and leasing out of warranty you are increasing your risk exposure.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here is the information that you're looking for, docretina. Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE with 12,000 miles per year are .00334 and 57%, respectively. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    i just got a monthly price of 980, 12k 30 months for 2007 RRS w/lux. Should i go for this deal?
  • rrs_bosrrs_bos Posts: 3
    Hey ... I've been reading these forums and finally have a question of my own. I'm about to pull the trigger on this deal (Boston area) ... let me know if I should go if I can get a better one:

07 RRS HSE with Lux (new)

61,350 (Lux plus satellite)
    57,350 Selling price
    1,000 down
    ------------
    56,350 cap

24 month lease
    .69 residual
    .00265 MF

$3040 at delivery

Payments (870) with sales&excise taxes (120) come to roughly $990 a month.

Thanks! Please respond asap. Also -- if anyone has a coupon please let me know. I can post my email.
    I was able to get this same car for $55,950, 30 months, 12k/year, with $2000 down for $950 a month. I hope this helps
    Thanks for the info mcho3.

Can you tell me what your cap, selling price, MF & residuals, and whether or not you used the coupon (I saw it in your prior posts). Was the 55,950 before or after the $2k down?

So that I have enough info to go back to the dealer with a counteroffer.

Thanks!
    55,950 was before $2000 down. Money factor seems close to what you have and residual was lower.(but not sure what it was) Hope this helps. mike
    Mike -- thanks! Yea -- it helps. I went to a different dealer (who didn't have anymore '07's) and he told me that there was $4000 in dealer cash for '07 Sports! I'm going to try to renegotiate. Thanks again for the info.
    I just heard from my dealer that they gave me a residual that it 1% higher. But they are not going to change my monthly payment. For 30month it was 61% but they have it on the paper as 62%.
  • Can anyone tell me the residual difference (if any) between 07 and 08, both for hse, 36 mo, 15k miles/yr? Reading through this board and it seems like somewhere around 56-57% residual for 07, wonder if it's higher for 08?
  • Hello All Range Rover Lovers,

I have been reading some of the threads. Very helpful these are. Ok, I am looking to lease a 2008 Range Rover Supercharge MSRP $93600. Thats with the Navagation, Rear Entertainment DVD, and backup camera (if an option). What is the lowest I should accept for a monthly payment on a lease for 24 months? Any feedback is appreciated. I got some quotes from some dealerships in my area ranging from $1,369 all the way up to $1948.

Thanks

Lance.
  • Hello wanted to know what the residual and money factor is for 24mo/10k yr and 30mo/10k yr, also is there any lease incentive besides the coupon. Thinking about leasing on Monday. Thanks -JP
This discussion has been closed.