Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover Range Rover Sport Lease Questions

Comments

• what is the correct money factor wene leaseing 24 to 36th months is it better on a longer lease...iv also noticed that ussally the shorter the lease the higher the payment but through benz thats not true ...shorter leases have lower payments why is that
  • gasdocgasdoc Posts: 13
    I too would like to know if anybody has any info on the MF's since I'm about to pick-up my RRS S/C'd on Wednesday and I haven't signed anything yet. Help.....
  • Norma,
    So I assume that you got them to deal at less than invoice price (because of the $4000 dealer cash provided back then)?
    If so, what was the selling price of the car and the money factor you got this for? I am desperately looking for a deal on the RRS HSE and seeing that the 08 models are due soon looking for a similar deal that you were astute enough to get.
  • Did you pick up the car gasdoc?
  • To the experts in this forum, please help out here. I am looking to lease and looks like I can grab a deal that's in the low $900 with no cap reduction on a RRS HSE with luxury package from what I've been reading - esp. with the new 08 model out very shortly. What are my chances?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi standardauto. It is difficult to say exactly what Land Rover will do with its third quarter lease program for the Range Rover Sport. If I had to make an educated guess, I would say that its lack of lease support on this model will continue and that its residual values will drop by a point or two making it more expensive to lease in July than it is now. Again though this is just a guess.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi herculesjefff. Mercedes-Benz is providing quite a bit of lease support on the E350 Sedan right now, but Land Rover is not providing any lease support on the Range Rover Sport. As a result, even though these two vehicles' MSRPs are similar the Range Rover Sport will be much more expensive to lease right now.

I see that you are considering making a $7,000 to $8,000 down payment on your lease. Even though your monthly payment would be higher, you would be better off going with a zero down lease and keeping that money in the bank. I always advise consumers against making large down payments on leases. Those who do risk losing all of part of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. There's nothing wrong with trading in your Hummer when you lease your new Land Rover, just have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in it rather than using the proceeds as a down payment. If you are upside down on your trade, you will either have to pay that money out of your own pocket or roll your negative equity into your new lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey herculesjefff. Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor for a 24 month lease of any 2007 Range Rover Sport is .00306 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Its money factor for a 36 month lease of this truck is slightly higher at .00333.

You're right that generally speaking the longer a lease is, the lower its monthly payment will be. This is because new vehicles experience their most rapid depreciation during the first year of ownership. The longer a lease is, the more payments there is to spread out the large initial depreciation hit out over. From time to time certain manufacturers will provide extra lease support on 24 month leases to encourage the leasing of select models for a shorter term, but more often than not short leases are more expensive than long ones.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi standardauto. Let's work up a sample lease on this truck and see what we come up with. Its monthly payment will depend upon the selling price that you are able to negotiate. The MSRP of a 2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE with the Luxury Package is $60,950. For now I will assume that you will be able to negotiate a $1,500 discount on this truck. Let me know if your actual discount is higher or lower than this. According to my calculations, if you were to lease an '07 Range Rover Sport that has an MSRP of $60,950 and a selling price of $59,450 through Land Rover Capital Group right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $1,015. It doesn't look like you are going to be able to get this truck for the $900 per month that you are looking for. You'd have to get this truck for around dealer invoice for that to happen and given the lack of lease support on this model right now I suspect that you won't be able to find a dealer that is willing to sell you one for that low a price. You may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "Land Rover Range Rover/Sport: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476
    There aren't many 2007 Sports around right now so no big discounts. Maybe if you catch a demo or at the end of the month if someone is one sale away from an objective but that is it.

Also think how many more E350s Merc sales compared to Range Rover Sports. I bet Mercedes sales more E-classes in the US then Land Rover sells vehicles period. All of that volume allows them to put support behind the vehicle that Land Rover can't and/or won't do.

The reason dealers aren't discounting 2007 RRS is because there are not many out there.

I think I even said this would happen back last year when people asked of the 2007 MY discounts would equal the 2006 MY discounts. With 2007 MY being a short production run I didn't think there would be the need to discount the 2007 MY vehicles like the 2006 MY cars were.

At the end of the 2006 MY Land Rover put 4,000 dollars of marketing support behind the RRS. So far Land Rover has not put a penny of support behind the 2007 MY RRS.

Some dealers are sold out of 2007 Sports. I am.

I just checked in new england and right now there are 112 HSE Sports showing unsold in dealer inventories. There are only 40 SC Sports unsold in dealer inventories. That is only about 11 sports per dealer if you divide them all evenly which of course they are not because some of the dealers are HUGE and some are very small.
  • andres3andres3 CAPosts: 5,284
    Tranny failures at 1,000 miles past warranty aren't covered!
    Unacceptable on a car that visited the dealership repair shop over a dozen times.
    I don't see what that has to do with Range Rover leasing.
  • sb07sb07 Posts: 6
    Can I get some numbers on a RR Sport Lease
    2007 RR Sport, Xenon, NAV, Wheels,
    15,000 Miles
    24-36 Months
    Lease factor, % residual, monthly payments with $2,500 down
  • Thank you for your insight/help car_man.
  • I'd be willing to PayPal $100 to somebody who has a $1500 certificate discount towards purchase/lease of a Range Rover Sport or can help me find one. (the one that expires at the end of the month)
    Please let me know.
  • docretinadocretina Posts: 1
    just checked into 2007 range rover hse $77250
    WANTED TO KNOW CURRENT RESIDUAL VALUES/percentages, money factors
    12000 miles 36 month lease
    for negotiation purposes
  • lzamarelzamare Posts: 1
    Hello:

I want a 2007 or 2008 RR Sport w/Luxury Package to lease with a payment as close to 700 as I can get.

Please give me your advise on the following. It is not what I originally wanted but if its a better deal I am thinking about taking it.

2007 Sport 58,400, 3,459 discount pp 54,991 10,500 annual miles, 7500 down, money factor .00349 pmt approx $685.
    Putting that much money down on a lease is never a good idea in my opinion.
  • roverboyroverboy Posts: 26
    You never want to put that much money down on a lease. It may make you feel like you are paying $700 per month, but if you spread out that 7500 by the term of the lease (let's say, 36 months) you are essentially paying $200 per month more but you are paying it up front (instead of investing it or using it for other purposes). Bottom line is you should ask what the price would be with no money down. My guess is that you won't be able to get a RR Sport Luxury for less than $1000 per month when you include tax. Try Swapalease.com. they usually have the best deals, but be careful because they use huge down payments to make it look like the payments are cheap. and they don't include tax. I got mine for $930 per month after tax, luxury pack, but I had Ford X plan pricing. My guess is you will pay $1000.
  • mcho3mcho3 Posts: 36
    i am also looking for RR sport w/ luxury.
    could you tell me some of the details of this ford x plan.
    i have been working the lease calculator and cant get the payment less than 1000. thanks mike