Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus GS 350 / GS 460 Lease Questions

Comments

• pimanianpimanian Posts: 3
    Where did you acquire this deal?
    My Portland dealer says for their GS350 AWD
    MF of 0.00249 , 49% residual on 36 mo @ 15K/yr.
    MSRP for the one I am looking at is about $53.5K and they won't budge below $50K.
  • kmrodkmrod Posts: 1
    A buddy of mine is a finance guy at a lexus dealership. At $1000 over invoice the payment is approx $720+ tax w/$1200 total drive off here in socal. fwiw.
    Wow, does your buddy want to make quick deal? :) Email me pimanian@yahoo.com
  • I bought mine at Longo Lexus in El Monte, Ca. I think they have the best deals in so cal since they are the largest Lexus dealer. I called another dealership that was closer to me and they couldn't come close.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi richardjohn. The car that you are interested in, a 2008 Lexus GS 350 RWD w/Navigation, has a spread of at least $5,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $5,000 discount that you were quoted looks very attractive to me. It is probably less than $1,000 over invoice. The .00170 money factor that you were quoted is right in line with what Lexus Financial Services' buy rate was for this model last month. However, Lexus actually enhanced it to .00150 in March. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses the new money factor to calculate your payment. Other than that, this looks like an outstanding deal. If you like the car, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • asteinbergasteinberg Posts: 138
    Edmunds was very helpful with my last car.
    (1) Not sure whether to go for Lexus GS350 or Infiniti G35.
    (2) My last car--BMW was leased due to discount, MF, high residual.
    Does Infiniti promote/subsidize sales or lease?
    (3) What should I pay relative to invoice?
    (4) What is MF for 3 yr 12,000, 3 yr 15000?
    Thanks.
    I'm in So California and prefer to deal with local dealership unless they are not competitive.
    I'm leaning toward Lexus GS350 over Infiniti G35, but higher price is a factor.
    G35 seems to be available a bit above, or at, or below invoice.
    Is GS350 available at or near invoice (which I assume includes "ad allowance.)"
    From standpoint of what Lexus offers, is it best for me then to buy or lease?
    What is finance rate for buying? What is MF for leasing for 12,000, 15000 miles?
    What should be cost for acquisition fee? For document prep fee?
    Does Lexus provide lower lease payments in return for multiple security deposits.
    (Through CarMan's advice 2 yrs ago, I secured 2006 BMW530i MSRP $56,765 for 2 yr lease, 12000 miles annually; capitalized at 53,700; acquisition fee of 625, doc prep of 45; I gave 5200 of multiple security deposits to reduce montly to 574.34+47.38 sales tax. It seems like Lexus costs less, but might cost more to lease due to higher MF or lower residual.)
    Still must decide between three DIFFERENT 2008 cars -- all that I like Lexus GS350, Cadillac CTS (with blue tooth added, giving me separate screen), or Infiniti G35. Then, must decide whether to buy or lease. Incidentally, Lexus has best mileage, but Cadillac uses regular gas. I currently have BMW 530i expiring lease which, with Edmunds help, I had leased for net MF, and much less, with multiple security deposits.
    Anyway, for GS350, G35, and CTS, could you please provide:
    (1) Target deal relative to invoice+destination (and any rebate)
    (2) If buy, available finance rates
    (3) If lease, money factor or interest for 24mo, 36 mo for 12K, 15K annually
    Any better MF or interest rate for multiple security deposits?
    Thank you for this information. I'll also put on other forums, in case you guys see that first, to try to get info.
    Thank you!
  • hhpnhhpn Posts: 10
    I just got a deal this afternoon in houston tx 3/22/08.

gs 350 RWD, msrp $49,630. (Navigation w/o the sound)

term: 36 months, 750 monthly payment

that was it, i just had to pay for the first month payment of 750.

is this a good deal anyone?

term: 36 months, 750 monthly payment

term: 36 months, 750 monthly payment, 12 k miles/year

• smithsongasmithsonga Posts: 123
    750 for 36 month lease?

Depends how much you like that car vs. other options. You can get a E-series or 5-series for much less $ at that MSRP.
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Posts: 378
    a strip 5 or e series for that msrp.
    hi everyone:

i just got a deal and about to sign paper work with them so i need your help (this is the very first time i do a lease contract)

2008 GS 350, MSRP $49,630 (Navigation w/o ML Sound)
    lease term: 36 month, 12,000 miles/year, $750 monthly payment, pay out option at the end of three years is $24300
    i do not have to pay anything now, just $750 first month pmt.

is this deal acceptable to you guys? please i really need some info from you guys.

thank you so much
  • akhi2006akhi2006 Posts: 14
    Can you provide more details like what is the selling price, residual, and Money factor so that I can let you know if it is a good deal or not
    thanks Akhi, i forgot my lease contract at the dealership so i do not have that kind of info, but i remember money factor was 15, i will have to come back up to resign because they put a wrong vin number on the contract. the first dealer i delt with, give me same deal $790 month, i contact this second dealer, and they gave me the best they can of 750. the first dealer is calling me, it looks like to me that they are willing to go lower, but ten or 15 dollar off that 750. i am very tired, i dont want to go back and forth just for several hundred over three years term.
    Well I negotiated for my mom's 2008 GS350 AWD with Nav & ML system. MSRP was about $53K, we got the price down to $50K. The MF 0.0015 residual 49% for 3 years at 15K / year. Monthly came out to be $780. Due at signing was 1st month, registration stuff, and some outrageous $600+ in bank fees. I couldn't argue with them to remove the bank fee, they said it's manditory. Probably BS, but we were a lil tired of dealing at that point so we just took the deal.
    Not sure if yours had AWD, but since we got AWD + ML system and at 15K / year, you probably have some room to negotiate.
    This is in the Portland Oregon dealer
    thanks pimanian; i did sign paper work this evening, well, i can lower the payment by a few dollars, but i just let it go since they offered other great thing after all (pickup services, free maintenant for two years...)

even though i do not have the Sound and AWD (I do not need that here in tx) i do not wanna buy that option since i will probable turn it back in after three years, i dont want to pay for it then give it back.

my deal was not that bad compared to yours. my MSRP is 49600, i got everything in the car but AWD and the sound. i knocked the price down to 42700 then they added all the taxes and fees to the bottom line of 44's. your other fees plus the first month pmt cost you 2000's i only had to give them 750. my residual is also 49% (people kept talking about this figure but there is nothing we can deal with it since it was set up by the Lexus). well, it cost me 27k to drive that car for three years, i can probably cut it down to 26500 but 500 for over three year is not a material amount, plus i think i did get the best deal we can get, what do you think?
  • akhi2006akhi2006 Posts: 14
    Carman, can you please let me know the MF and Residual for 08 GS350AWD for 12k miles per year and 36 months. The dealer quoted me MF .00095 and the residual is 49%. Thanks in advance.
  • rmedinermedine Posts: 2
    Hi all, this is my first post here. I currently have an IS350 but am looking to get out of my lease and get into a GS. I got an offer from an Los Angeles dealer to take backmy IS and give me a 2008 GS350 fully loaded, Mark Levinson sound, parking assist, etc. smokey granite, grey interior with black wood. MSRP 51.9K. The deal is 48 month lease, 2K down (includes first month, taxes and fees), 15K miles per year...for $650/month (taxes included). Is this a good deal?

Resid Rate = .38, MF = .0115

Thanks in advane for all of your thoughts and opinions.
This discussion has been closed.