Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus GS 350 / GS 460 Lease Questions

Comments

• Carman, can you tell me what the rates are on a 2010 GS350 RWD @ 36 mos and 15K miles? Are there any anticipated specials for March?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited February 2010
    Greetings calael. Here you go.

Lexus Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 GS350 RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00220 and 54%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease, keep in mind that Lexus is currently waiving the first month's payment on this car.

Lexus' current lease program is scheduled to run through March 31st. While it is possible that Lexus would make an unscheduled enhancement to its program before then, more likely than not it won't. It's difficult to say what its April program will be like at this point, but I suspect that it will be at least as attractive as its current one. Time will tell.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • outieoutie Posts: 42
    edited February 2010
    Has anyone leased a GS recently? I would like to know what kind of negotiated price to expect - invoice + $xxx or $xxx under invoice? Thanks.
  • Thanks for that information, I am looking to lease or purchase by the end of March. After much research, I have decided the GS 350 is the vehicle for me!!
    You're very welcome, calael.

Car_man
    Host
  • glex1glex1 Posts: 21
    edited March 2010
    Lexus is advertising the GS this month at roughly 4k down(drive off total) 2yr lease at 10k miles/yr for 599mth, 62% residual. What are these rates bases off of, meaning what is the money factor on this lease?
    If I were to offer invoice for the vehicle which on the lot in PA is at MSRP of like 53,823, what would the breakdown be for a 36mth lease with 12k miles a year.
    Or really I should be asking, how do I figure this out? I can obviously get the invoice of the vehicle. So then how can I figure out what the payment would be if I knew the invoice, know the money factor and residual lexus is offering? How does the payment change if I move the yearly miles up or down?
    I apologize in advance if these are basic questions or if I'm not asking the right ones, but I forget and haven't not been on here since I leased a car 4 years ago.
    I'd like to try to get a payment in the 500 range with roughly 1500 drive off cost and I'm not sure if this is posible but just figured I'd ask or try... :shades:
    FYI: I do know the difference between the invoice and the MSRP price. I'd either ask the salesman to see the invoice of the car or just order the report off of here to what it is.
  • glex1glex1 Posts: 21
    I guess I'm not going to be getting any sorta feedback....haha...??
  • newcar_vwnewcar_vw Posts: 3
    edited March 2010
    Help:

I am thinking of purchasing my 2007 GS350 at maturity date. Resid Valu approx 24K and the car is in mint condition with less than 20K miles. I believe Edmunds value is 28K-30K for comparable car.

Questions:
    1. can I negotiate further with either Lexus Financial or any of the local dealers on price?
    2. i have heard that there are dealer fees of around 650 dollars due at time of transaction for paperwork? seems silly for that?
    3. any other considerations I am missing?

I have until Friday....so prompt replies, suggestions are highly appreciated !!! Thanks much
  • wanker39wanker39 Posts: 3
    Carman anyword on Lexus Programs in April 2010 for the GS 350 also I'm turning in leased 07 GS 350 this month what should expect when turning the old lease for a new lease same car just a newer model any ideas. Thax in advance
    I have seen Lexus' April program. Lexus Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 GS 350 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 52%, respectively.

I suspect that LFS will be fairly lenient when evaluating the condition of the GS that you are returning. Unfortunately Lexus is not running any cash loyalty programs right now, the fact that you are a returning lessee won't really do much to help you in your negotiations on your new car.

Car_man
    Host
  • wanker39wanker39 Posts: 3
    Thanks Carman,
    For my cap cost on 2010 GS 350 2WD with nav no mark lev do you know what the invoice is ? Should I start from invoice? What is the best way to approach? thax
  • socaljdsocaljd Posts: 6
    If you are a returning LFS customer, they'll drop your MF by .00008 on your next LFS lease. If you do the MSD option, you will get credit for 1 sec deposit off your total MSD. Depending on the model you lease, it could be a $400-1000 value . . .
    You're very welcome. You can look up the exact dealer invoice price of the GS that you're interested in, as you want it equipped over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • BushwackBushwack Posts: 258
    For anyone who may know the answer...

My three year lease on an '07 GS350 (with 21,000 miles) ends this June. From the dealer's perspective, would the dealer rather I return the car (which I assume goes back into their inventory) or buy out the lease? How would the dealer profit best?
    You're very welcome.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Bushwack. The dealer would prefer that you return your current leased vehicle and purchase or lease a new one from them.

Car_man
    Host
  • emurrayemurray Posts: 1
    For those who might read chucko's email. You have lots of options at lease end. You can buy the car! Might sound stupid(see last sentences). You can sell the car to someone else and keep the difference between the payoff and selling price. I kept my G35 in top shape and am selling it for $3000 more than stated residual. That's equal to my cap cost reduction when I picked it up! I had more car for less money the entire time. You can also buy the car during the last month or two and still try and sell it. This works if you have maintained the vehicle well, kept miles reasonable (going over is OK if you buy it from the leasing firm).
    If you want to buy it to keep, consider my situation. $34k msrp vehicle. $3500 down, $399/mo for 39 mo/12k miles per year. Residual is $18400, at lease end, my car is worth $25,000! Total payments during lease about $15000 (less than half of car's cost). Buy at $18500 and car is still under sticker price! When money factor is low and residual is high, you can have a nicer car for less money and less money down. Money down is optional, too.
  • akhi2006akhi2006 Posts: 14
    Hello Carnan, can you please let me know the May lease rates for 2010 GS350AWD vehicle.

Interested in MF, Residual fof 12K miles per year. Thanks.
    Carman,

I'd also like to know the two and three years lease rates for a 2010 GS350 RWD, 12,000 miles/yr (MF & Residual).

Also, would you happen to know...like a CPO purchase, is Lexus also offering 1.9% for new car purchases this month?

Thank you. :)
  • sonnierdsonnierd Posts: 2
    2010 Lexus GS 460 w/ Luxury Value Option
    10k miles
    3 year lease
    THANKS!!!
    Here you go, akhi2006. Lexus Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 GS 350 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00165 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

If you are a current Lexus owner, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 loyalty cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Bushwack. Lexus Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 GS 350 RWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00165 and 54%, respectively.

Lexis is providing special financing rates on select models in May, unfortunately the GS 350 is not one of them.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to, sonnierd. Lexus Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 GS 460 with 10,000 miles per year are .00165 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • calcougcalcoug Posts: 3
    Is there a market for buying GS 350's coming off leases? I would like to buy a 2007 or 2008 GS 350 from someone ending their lease and pay a price above their buyout price. Is there a market for this anywhere that you know of?
  • mohan12mohan12 Posts: 2
    In case it helps anyone on the boards- quote received last week:

GS350
    MSRP: $50,555
    Term: 36 months
    Annual Mileage: 15,000
    Lease Acquisition fee: $700.00
    NJ tax (7%): $1,586.20
    NJ Tire tax: $7.50
    Doc fee: $239.00
    Registration fee: $501.75
    Loyalty Rebate: ($1,000.00)
    =====
    Monthly Payment: $610.00
    Total due at signing: $2,644.45 ($2,034.45 + $610.00)

Any thoughts or things I should push back on? I'm leaning towards closing on this over the weekend..
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks for the May lease rates but unfortunately I couldn't make a deal (family obligations got in the way :).

So....for June, do you know the three year lease rates for a 2010 GS350 RWD, for 10,000 and 12,000 miles/yr (MF & Residual)?

Also, are there any special finance rates available (should I purchase)? I would think Lexus would have a big promotion to coincide with Independence Day in a few weeks.

Thanks again!
    Hi Car_man,

In case you missed my post from a few days ago...

Thanks for the May lease rates but unfortunately I couldn't make a deal (family obligations got in the way).

So....for June, do you know the three year lease rates for a 2010 GS350 RWD, for 10,000 and 12,000 miles/yr (MF & Residual)?

Also, are there any special finance rates available (should I purchase)? I would think Lexus would have a big promotion to coincide with Independence Day in a few weeks.

Thanks again!
    No problem, Bushwack. Here's the latest. Lexus Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 GS 350 RWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00165 and 54%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Lexus was running a special financing program on this car a couple of months ago, but unfortunately it is not offering one today.

Car_man
    Host
  • kmontkmont Posts: 3
    Hey Mohan12, Did you do this deal? I would like to. I live in NJ and all of the numbers look good to me. Can you tell me where the quote came from?
    if you would like to call me directly, 856-334-2124
This discussion has been closed.