Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus GS 350 / GS 460 Lease Questions

Comments

• adpcsadpcs Posts: 57
    CarMan,

Can you please tell me what the current MF / Residual is on a 2007 GS350 - 2WD w/ Navigation, no Mark Levinson - MSRP - $48997? Location - Houston, TX
    36 months / 45K Miles.

Thanks in advance!
  • adpcsadpcs Posts: 57
    Carman,

Now that the Golden opportunity sales Event is going on, what is the MF / Residual on a 2007 GS350 RWD w/ Navigation (MSRP - $48997). Location - Houston, TX - 36 months / 45K miles

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi Bushwack. Given your high credit score, I believe that there is a good chance that Lexus Financial Services will waive its security deposit requirement on your lease. Check with the dealer to make certain.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi adpcs. According to the latest information that I have seen, Lexus Financial Services' new buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Lexus GS 350 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_Man,
    Can you please educate me on the current residual and MF numbers on the 2007 and 2008 AWD GS 350? 12000 miles per year.
    I'm no longer considering an Acura RL.
    Thanks.
  • I would like some advise regarding the terms of a lease. MSRP is 51,890 the negotiated price is $49,670. I am looking at a 36 mos lease/15,000 miles with a 49% residual value. The price I am being quoted is $890.61 which includes 6% sales tax. The money factor is .00235. There is $2800 due at acquisition. Is that a decent deal? What can I negotiate? Thanks. Rravon
  • carman,

Living in NJ and looking to lease a 2008 GS 350, the only option needed is the nav system, assuming I get the car for 1k over invoice with a 36 month lease with 15k per year what should my payments be. ( 2500 down )

Thanks
    KK
  • macdadmacdad Posts: 65
    What is the "December to Remember" MF & R on a 2WD 350 24 and 36 mo with 12K miles. Base only. Unfortunately Lexus' next step up in options must include Nav. which I do not want.

Would this program remain through December or would it change in December.

macdad
  • I was just quoted a money factor of 0.00295 and a residual factor of 0.46 on a 2008 GS350 (15k mi/yr). This sounds very high to me, particularly for the "December to Remember" program. I didn't bother haggling and left, waiting to hear if this is correct. Anyone know what the lease terms are for 15k mi/yr?

Thanks in advance.
  • Hey newacurabuy. If you haven't leased the GS that you are interested in yet, you're in luck. Lexus just introduced its new December to Remember sales event. Through the end of the year, Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Lexus GS 350 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00185 and 52%, respectively. This money factor is a dramatic improvement over the one that Lexus was offering on this car earlier this month.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings rravon. The 2008 Lexus GS 350 AWD has a pretty large spread between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price, over $5,500. This is a brand new model, but even so if you are in a market that has several Lexus dealers I would not be surprised if you were able to beat the $2,200 discount that you were quoted by shopping around a little.

Lexus just enhanced this car's lease money factor to .00185 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Make sure that this is the factor that the dealer you are working with uses to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi amtrakkeith. Let's work up a sample lease on this car and see what we come up with. The MSRP of a 2008 Lexus GS 350 2WD with navigation is $46,765. Its dealer invoice price is $41,171, so a selling price of $1,000 over would be $42,171. Using these prices, I estimate that this car's 36 month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $656 assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier. I worked up a zero down lease for you because it is in your best interest not to make any capitalized cost reduction when leasing. Any down payment that you make might disappear if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. If you really want to make a $2,500 cap cost reduction, it would lower the monthly payment for an otherwise identical lease to around $582.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi macdad. This is a great time to lease a new Lexus. Through the end of the year, Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 GS 350 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00185 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00185 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're right, rflumerfelt, the money factor that you were quoted is way too high. Lexus Financial Services' new December to Remember buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Lexus GS 350 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00185 and 49% for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. Make sure that this is the factor that the dealer you are working with uses to calculate your car's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • that residual rate is horrible. The money factor is good.

i cannot believe Lexus only offers a 51% 36 month 12k residual. BMW is 10% higher.
  • Yep, the residual value for the Lexus GS 350 is surprisingly low for a redesigned model. Having said this, its residual value is probably a lot more realistic than the artificially inflated ones that BMW Financial Services uses for many models.

Car_man
    Host
  • Agreed BMWs could be artificially inflated, but that doesnt matter if you turn in the car at the end of the lease.

I see this as a 'game'. Either high residual and higher interest (BMW MF is 0.00225 or higher) or lower residual like lexus and lower interest. Both end up with similar payments actually given similar cap costs etc.
  • macdadmacdad Posts: 65
    You are correct.

I thought the December program for Lexus was supposed to be a great time to lease but the figures are the same as they were over the summer. I am coming up to the end of a 5 series lease and I now have a good advantage over lexus - BMW gives a discount on the money factor for a current owner. I went to the local Lexus dealer a couple of days ago, explained that I understood how a lease works, and the sales person offered me a 2007 GS 350 - MSRP 51350 for 43500 and wanted a 48 month lease with around 1200 down for almost 700 a month. So much for him paying attention. However, at that price it may be worth buying it instead of leasing. We will see what BMW has to say on Monday when their December rates come out.
  • i was told by a dealer today that BMW is contiuing their rates through the end of the year. But that is one salesman in one email.

My Lexus salesman hasnt even returned my email. Go figure.
  • My experience was the same -- the Lexus lease payments were ridiculously high, even though I had negotiated a terrific reduction in MSRP with a good dealer. Instead, I purchased the car, but still wish the leasing option had been realistic, it is far better for me to lease than purchase for tax purposes. The Mercedes E350 forum shows lease monthly prices that are easily 35 - 40% less than Lexus -- with very low drive-off, on cars with MSRP within $1000 of each other. I had also discussed leasing a 5-series BMW -- and the lease payments and driveoff were simply insane.
  • Hey Car Man,

Thanks for the rates on the GS for a 36mo lease.

Can you provide the rates on a 48mo lease - I assume the MF is the same but what is the residual ?

Also what is your opinion on MSDs ? Are MSDs at risk if the car is totaled or stolen ? TIA.
  • moolmanmoolman Posts: 122
    Hi everyone,
    I had a question about the MSD. Last year I leased a RX350 and for every MSD, I got a 0.0001 reduction. I'm thinking of leasing a GS now but I see that some people mentioned that the MSD reduction is 0.00008 now. Did the MSD rate change for the worst this year.

My second question is the Encore program, allows be an extra MSD reduction for free for leasing my 2nd lexus, correct.

Thanks
  • What price should I be looking at about? 2008 GS 350 36 months 12k a year. Nothing down. Any ideas? I live in south florida.
  • gb350gb350 Posts: 14
    Does anyone know what the current December to remember lease, residual and money factor numbers are for a GS350 AWD with both 10k & 12K per year are?

Thank you,
  • espo1espo1 Posts: 27
    For 12k and tier 1 MF is .00185 and 52% for 10K I believe you get 53% with 9 deposits you can lower the MF by .00072 to a MF of .00113. Depending on where you live and what the competition is in your area you should be able to get the car for $1000 over invoice or better.
  • can someone offer me some guidance
    i'm looking at leasing a 2008 gs 350 awd
    msrp is $50,470.00 according to the lexus website
    i'd like to do a two year lease with 12k per year, as little down as possible

what price should i be shooting for? what's the mf and residual?
    i want to compare this lease with the mercedes e350 4matic.

also, pardon my ignorance, but what is MSD?

thanks for your help!
  • I ended up purchasing a 2007 gs last spring, because the lease rates/costs from Lexus were outlandish compared to the Mercedes E series. (at least 50% more than the E350). For whatever reason, the Mercedes leases -- and you should check carman's forum for Mercedes -- are far less expensive. The residual on the Mercedes is much higher than the Lexus (and I am mystified about that -- given the long-term reliability of the GS). Hope this provides some help.
  • gb350gb350 Posts: 14
    December to remembers Northeast Deal.

2008 GS350 AWD with Nav. (No ML) MSRP: 51,135.00

Cap cost: 2,500.00 + Tax, Bank Fees, DMV fees = Total Due at signing: $5,985.38.
    Monthly: 569.99

Term: 39 months.

Mileage Restriction: 10K a year.

Option to purchase: $26,9XX.XX

Did I get robbed?

P.S. I traded in a car worth $3,500.00, am I supposed to have this portion exempt from tax on the down payment / cap cost?
  • Yes, your post was very helpful, thanks! I've been checking the Mercedes forum as well. If you're leasing, the higher the residual the better. Mercedes is currently pushing 24 mo leases where Lexus is offering 36 or 39 mo leases, and I'm not sure I want to be in the car that long. I'm guessing that Mercedes will do rather well selling two year old cars coming back off lease. Friends of mine in the business tell me that they make a heck of a lot more money selling cars that came in on trade than they do selling new cars.
  • I'm no expert, but this is the exercise I would have gone through were I in your position:

Your 39 monthly payments plus your downpayment total 24730. If you add 24730 to the residual, your total is 51630 vs a 51135 sticker price. If you exercise the option to purchase, you've essentially gotten a 39 month interest free loan on the car. Of course, you're paying sticker, and I don't know to what extent Lexus discounts, but seems ok to me. If your trade in is on top of these numbers, then 3500 works out to around 7% simple interest. Still not bad.

Anyone see a fault with my logic or math?
This discussion has been closed.