Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions

Comments

• gavrikgavrik Posts: 27
    Car_man,

please confirm with me: current RX350 AWD /w premium pkg ($45308) lease offer is taken directly from Lexus website. In the Chicago area, the vehicle above has residual of 61%. Lexus says with $3500 down+1st payment, the monthly lease is $449.

Based on my calculations, this translates to money factor of 0.000792 (1.91%). You mentioned current money factor is at 0.0015 (3.6%).

What gives?

I need your urgent reply as I am going to lease one tomorrow. Thanks.
  • Gavrik,

You are assuming the selling price is the same as the MSRP - which it isn't and I believe the $700 lease acquisition fee may be in the $3949 due at signing - so it's less actually applied against capitalized cost. The .0015 MF seems to correct because it matches all the other regional ads.

Steve
  • Hi CarMan - I see data on 10k and 15k, but not 12k. Can you provide the Money Factor and Residual % for 12k miles annually on a 36-month lease? Location is Los Angeles. Thanks!
    I am not assuming anything. I took the numbers directly from the offer page.

It says "selling price" of the vehicle of $45,308, "residual" of $27637.88 (61%), due at sign-in $3949, $449 1st month payment. So, this makes cash payment of $3500.

This would be my 4th Lexus lease and never before I had to pay any lease acquisition fees. Based on the above number, financing rate comes to 1.9%. This is not a coincidence.

I visited my closest Lexus dealer earlier today. They would not budge in on the selling price. He was telling me they must make $2500 in profit and not interested in moving inventory quickly.

It's time to go visit other dealerships in the area.
  • I live in miami fl and puchased a new rx350 from n miami lexus. Iwas charged $50 for electronic processing e-tag plus $100 transfer fee plus $20 3rd party tag agency. I think this is excessive. Now the new title has arrived and they want another $65! comments please.
  • stimstim Posts: 33
    Currently working on a deal - actually have the car sitting in my garage - with a dealer in the St Louis area.

Was "trading" a BMW X5 (2008) which is leased and ending in December. The deal is as follows:

Stargazer Black with Black, Premium/Comfort and remote start total MSRP is 50250.

Dealer price is 46500
    Equity in BMW Lease is 4100 less 1K for tires so 3100 applied as a down payment.
    Still have to pay final payment to BMW and in Missouri we have Personal Property Tax

Total monthly payment including tax is around 595.00 but with the PPT and BMW payment it jumps to 635. Will be paying the BMW Payment and PPT on my own because you basically have to pay tax on the amounts and I would have paid those on my own anyway.

They gave me a 60% residual (12000 per year) BUT the MF was quoted as .00225 (5.4%) which I though was VERY high considering my credit score is about 820. To me it seems that they are "bumping" the MF to make up for the BMW trade value. First months payment is waived via Lexus promotion.

Can CarMan verify that the MF for November is indeed .00225? The other dealer in the area quoted something like .00180 a week ago. They only gave a 1000K allowance for the BMW though. Their monthly payment would have been about 585 including tax - BUT I'm not sure of the BMW final payment/PPT which I assume is not included. Their sales price was 46500.

Would appreciate the info ASAP because I have a deal sitting on the table / car in the garage. Thanks.
  • Hi joshd1. Lexus financial Services' residual values for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher than its 15k and 1% lower than its 10k residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • qwazrqwazr Posts: 11
    Car Man,
    Could you give me the November residual values and lease rates for a 2012 RX350 AWD 36 month lease with 15,000 miles?
    Thanks you
    Qwazr
    Ok, I leased RX350 AWD w/ Premium and Acc Pkg 36mo 10k per year today. They had the vehicle in stock with color combination I wanted. The dealer started at MSRP but in the end would not budge in on the selling price of $42.5k ($3K off MSRP). They did give me more money on the trade-in ($3k more) than the dealer I talked to several days before. So, the trade-in was a wash but did help me offset the sales tax.

$541 per month with 1st payment paid by Lexus. I paid upfront net sales tax, doc and transfer fees.
  • I purchased from lexus of north miami in florida. I paid $50 efiling fee for tag transfer, $100 fee to transfer tag plus $20 third party tag agency fee. Now the dealer received the new registration and wants another $60! I think this is excessive.

Additionally i researched prices online and have printed proof of the actual fees, which are $15. Efile, $18 to transfer tag.... Any suggestions on how to handle this with the dealer?

Thanks
  • stimstim Posts: 33
    Leased a 2012 Stargazer with Black - Premium, etc Total MSRP was 50250.00

Selling price was 47100. Plus they took a BMW X5 2008 that was leased as a trade which had a positive equity of 4100. Deducted for tires and had 3100 in total cash equity. My residual was 28100. One payment left on lease. If I kept the BMW another month - the tires would have been an issue and I'd have to pay some serious money out of pocket for a new or even used set to meet the lease requirements.

So the bottom line was a payment of about 620 which included all taxes. They applied the equity and I got the keys no real money down and the acq fee and dealer fees were just rolled into the lease.

In Missouri we have a personal property tax which I had to pay amounting to 895 which I would have had to pay at the end of the year for the BMW anyway. Also the BMW sec deposit of 650 was deducted from the last payment and the property tax - only wrote a check for 805.

MF and Residual was .00190 and 60 percent for a 12K 36 month lease.

Could I have done better - maybe / maybe not. They could have - possibly - reduced the selling price a little more - 500 max. Only have two dealers in the area and the other wanted nearly 600 + 2000K down and the BMW wasn't an option really on the trade. Less money out of pocket do the fact that the BMW had equity and the money really couldn't be cashed out unless I tried to buy and sell the car on my own which is a real crap shoot.

A couple of other dealers were offering the same cash out of equity deal - VW for one. Looked at a Tourareg Exec which was 54000. They would have taken the BMW nearly the same price but the VW doesn't have a backup camera. Also the ride was a little stiff (even compared to the X5). Inventory on the VW was very sparse. Colors difficult to get.
  • topgun7topgun7 Posts: 409
    Hi car_man, I live in N. Cal and I have a $1500 certificate from Lexus for my LS460 valve spring repair that will expire in 12/10. I am wondering what is the december to remember lease rate and residual for a 2012 RX 350 FWD 36 months 12Kmi per year? Also is the mulitple deposit reduction still 0.00008 per deposit up to 9 deposits (did the multiple deposit at 0.0001 for 2002 LS 430 and SC 430 and 0.00008 for 08 LS460)? Many thanks for your help over the years..
  • Hi Car_man,

Can you please provide the MF and residual for a 2012 RX350 FWD - 36 months 15K miles per year?

Thank you!
  • Hi Car Man,

Can you please provide me with the Dec money factor and residual for a 2012 RX 350 with 12K & 15K miles? Also please let me know if there are any incentives for this month.

Thanks so much for all your help!
  • Hello qwazr. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RX350 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited December 2011
    Hey topgun7. Lexus Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RX 350 FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00150 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

I believe that the MSD program that you described is correct, but I haven't looked into it in a while.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi nolefan95. LFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RX 350 FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi cntv121. You should be able to get the information that you're looking for from my previous couple of posts.

As far as the cash incentives go, Lexus is currently providing $1,000 dealer cash and another $1,000 cash to loyal customers or owners of select competitive luxury vehicles on the 2012 RX 350.

Car_man
    Host
  • bigbutrbigbutr Posts: 111
    Carman,

Will be looking at a 2012 RX350 this weekend. It stickers for 48,767 and Edmunds invoice is 44,039. We will be trading in our 2009 RX350, so we would qualify for the loyalty. Should I shoot for a selling price of 42,500 or is that going too low?
    Also, what would that make our lease payments on a 36 month, 15,000 mile a year deal? I'm thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of $550 or so.
    Thanks!
  • Thank you Car_man. I appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.