Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions

Comments

• Hello Car_man,
    I wanted to know if the residual and money factor are better this month on a 27 month lease than on a 36 month lease for 10K miles/ year?
    And if you lease for 27 months can you extend it to 36 months? Will Lexus let you make the same monthly payments?
    Just let me know what these numbers are so I can start contacting my local dealer, as I like to have the numbers on hand before even starting the negotiations.
    And again, any kind of incentives along with the Winter to remember? Loyalty rebate of $1000 still valid right?
  • Hi 4tune,
    I don't know much about the RX leases yet, but this deal seems incredible. Is that on an RX350 AWD?
    The residual value is particularly good. Is that what the official Winter to remember residual value for 27 months or did you negotiate it? What money factor was used?
    I'm looking at a very similar car, just want the comfort package instead of remote start and waiting for someone to post the numbers for the Winter to remember event for both 36 and 27 month. If the 27 month is better i will go with that.
    For what I have read here, you got a good deal :D
    What region did you get this deal?
  • Based on numbers in your post...
    Net cap ( 44400) - residual 69% ( 34482.75)= 9918
    9918/ 27 monthly payments= 367.33
    Total interest= 238 ( with money factor at 0.00100 and credit tier one)
    Interest per month for 27 month lease= 9
    Tax at 6% ( depends on ur state)= 27 approximately
    367+27+9= 403 per month.

Though paying less in down payment, almost 85 more month is 2295 more in 27 months.

I may be totally wrong here..
  • You're very welcome minirad. Thank you for the kind words. You should be able to roll most of the up-front charges into your vehicle's capitalized cost.

If the adjustment is the same as the last time that I looked into it, each additional security deposit would lower this vehicle's monthly payment by around $8 or so.

Since we last spoke, Lexus began waiving the first month's payment on leases of this vehicle, so you don't have to worry about that any more.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi lexus350rx. Lexus Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RX 350 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00100 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Just a heads up that Lexus is now waiving the first month's payment on leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello roxanne1010. Lexus Financial Services' December to Remember buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RX 350 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00100 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The only cash incentive that I am aware of on the 2013 model is the waiver of the first month's lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi jmors. LFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RX 350 F-Sport with 10,000 miles per year are .00100 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If I was in the market for this truck right now in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 to $1,000 over invoice. Don't forget that Lexus is waiving the first month's payment right now as well. You can look up this vehicle's invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the information that you're looking for salineg. Lexus Financial Services' December to Remember buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RX 450h AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00100 and 45%.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this vehicle's residual values would be 2% higher.

There is indeed a $1,000 owner loyalty incentive on leases of this truck right now. There is a waiver of the first month's payment on top of that.

I don't think that you can purchase additional miles at lease signing on a 12,000 mile per year lease, only one with 15k.

I'd say that the selling price that you mentioned seems reasonable to me if you're in an area that has a decent level of competition.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi roxanne1010. Lexus Financial Services' December to Remember buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RX350 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00100 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

There is a $1,000 loyalty cash incentive and the waiver of the first month's payment for everyone on this truck right now.

If I was in the market for this truck right now in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice minus incentives.

Car_man
    Host
  • 4tune4tune Posts: 15
    Yes the lease is on an RX350 AWD. Yes, its the posted residual by Lexus for a 27 month 10k/yr lease. MF used was 0.001. I haven't negotiated anything yet. This deal was offered by the dealer without me saying anything. I don't know what more I can negotiate on this deal.
  • Hello Mr. Car Man,

I've previously posted, and got no replies.
    Am I doing something wrong to get an answer?
    Looking at this specific post, with these numbers (36-month lease of a 2013 RX 450h AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 56%), how do I calculate a price (monthly payment), from any of the numbers I get from a window sticker or a negotiated price under sticker? The formula or method to calculate a number for a payment is?
  • 4tune4tune Posts: 15
    This is what I calculated. Can anyone tell me if I am doing this right and why the deal has a $16 difference. Car_man please help.

Residual= .69 (49995)=34497
    Net Cap=44400
    Depreciation=44400-34997=9903
    Monthly Dep=9903/27=366
    Interest= (34997+44000) X .001 =78
    366 + 79 = 445
    Tax=.0625 X 445 = 28

Total payment = 366+79+28 = 473
  • Thanks Car_man,
    I saw from someone else's possible lease that the residual value for 27 months and 10K miles/year is 69% with the same money factor as all other leases .00100.
    My question is: I hate the whole process of buying a car and would rather not have to do it too often. Since it seems that the numbers right now are giving an advantage to 27 months lease versus 36 months lease (please correct me if I'm wrong, I just see that money value is the same but residual value is higher so monthly payments should be lower), would it make sense for me to do a 27 months lease but then extend it to 36 months once I have reached the 27 months time? I know that some auto maker allow you to extend your lease and keep the monthly payments the same, but I don't know about Lexus? is this even possible? and is it a good idea?
    Thanks
    (About to go test drive "my next car" :blush: and get in touch with the local Lexus dealer, I didn't want to go without all informations in my hands first!)
  • I think the formula is under tips and advice for leasing a car. Also, try posts with calculations from others.
  • Hi Car_man and everyone else,
    I just want to confirm that the lease I was offered is pretty bad: the car is $50,580 MSRP offered for $48,800 including the $1000 loyalty rebate.
    Monthly payment for 36 months, 10k miles/year are estimated at $629.55 (top tier credit numbers).
    What do you all think? Am I crazy or is this a bad deal?
  • Hi Car Man,

I am looking to lease a 2013 RX 350 with 12k/yr. The negotiated price is $46,761. With the residual of 60% and money factor of .00100 i calculate the lease payment to be $564.01 from leaseguide.com. Is this correct? The dealer and I can't seem to get on the same page. He states he doesn't know where I got the .00100 from as he states that number is not realistic as it's the "buy rate" for them from Lexus. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
  • roxanne1010roxanne1010 Posts: 63
    edited November 2012
    Can anyone tell me if Lexus requires a down payment?if yes, is it $1000? I mean other than taxes and tag? I got a better lease offer and noticed that the dealer put a down payment of $1000 required at closing as well as 1st payment, taxes and tag (no acquisition fee). Then he wrote that 1st payment is paid by Lexus and $1000 down payment is paid byt the loyalty rebate. That seems very legit to me, just want to know if it's correct.
    He's giving me a better price but not on the color I wanted. If I settle for silver RX350 AWD MSRP of 49,065 he's telling me he will sell it for $500 above invoice. However, his number for $500 above invoice don't add up, as he's giving me a price of $46,700 instead of 46,381 (I calculated the invoice at 45,881). I called him on it and waiting to hear back.
    Please advice me if it's a good deal this time like I believe.
  • Maybe my numbers are wrong, but that appears to be the price for a 12,000 lease if your tax is 6.5%

Yes, in my opinion, it is a bad deal. TruMarket value is listed at around a 48,400 selling price and I don't think that would include your loyalty credit. I would shoot for invoice with the credit (Somewhere around 47,300). That would bring your payment down to around $582. That's a big difference
  • I too, need some sort of 'proof' or 'validation' for the rates, as I'm seemingly getting blown off by the salesperson(s), and I'd like to make this a December to Remember, but I need my ammunition to win the battle (which I feel it should not have to be a battle at all).
  • Well, I contacted the dealer regarding the small discrepancy regarding the number he gave me compared to invoice available on Edmunds. He said that he wasn't talking about $500 above invoice but above his charges (prepping car, cleaning car...). So the deal I got is really $832 above invoice. Before applying the $1000 loyalty discount. It still seems like a fair deal to me, especially since Tulsa isn't a very competitive area and Lexus is really popular here, especially the R350.
    Disappointed I won't get the white, and even more important, the nice light parchment interior, instead got light grey. But don't think I can say no to this deal.
    Advice?
This discussion has been closed.