Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions

Comments

• Thanks for your quick response,,I am going to talk to the salesman now and update you on his answer!
  • Hey Carman,
    Just looking for some validation that we made the right move...We have 8 months less on our 2010 RX 350, with 42,500 miles, for which we have been paying $525/month. We will go over the allowed 52,000 miles by at least 2000 miles if we keep the car to the end. It also had some body work needed to due to side swipes on the back 1/4 panels (not dents, but swipes right down to the metal that can't be buffed out.
    We turned it in and leased a 2013 RX FWD one with Premium package19" wheels, ventilated seats, backup camera, wood trim, no navi. Sticker was 46,065. Cap cost total was $42,991 (this includes agreed upon price of $41,461 plus $741 lease balance and $100 acquisition fee). They applied $1500 in loyalty rebates/first payment.
    Lease is for 42 months
    15K miles/year
    Paid $800 out of pocket for first month, taxes, tags.
    Total monthly payment, is $470.97 plus tax for a total of $499/mo.
    Wh :) at do you think under the circumstances? Susan
  • Hey dealnodeal. This looks like a good deal to me. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi salineg. Lexus Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RX 350 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello car man,
    I need the residual and money factor for a 12k 36m lease for a 2013 2wd rx350?
    Thanks
  • Here's the information that you're looking for davidg73.

Lexus Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2013 RX 350 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00100 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks! For your time!
  • I NEVER FULLY UNDERSTOOD THE LEASE OPTION. SEEMS TO ME LIKE YOU ARE PAYING WAY TOO MUCH. THE FIRST RX I BOUGHT I PAID CASH AND THEN I FIGURE I CAN TRADE FOR 5K PER YEAR. I TRADE EVERY 3 YEARS FOR 15K. DOES THAT MAKE GOOD SENSE?
    JACK
  • Car Man:
    I'm inclined to lease an RX450h ÐÊI have a 2008 BMW 528xi and would like a bigger car but want to do the right thing for the environment. My question: is now (early Feb) a good time to go in and talk about leasing, or are there better opportunities in the near future (like President's Day) when I might get, as they say, "a more attractive lease option?"

Thanks for any advice you can give.

TogaDad
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
    If you can trade for $5K, every three years, then that is likely cheaper than leasing...

I'd think over a few cycles, that is going to be hard to do.... Of course, if you own it, you can always stretch out to 4 years, which is usually not cost-effective on a lease...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• kyfdx/Carman,

Looking to pull the trigger on a lease this week. Can you confirm the residual and money factor on a 36mo lease with 15K/year.

Thank you.

If anyone has recent purchase details, it would be appreciated.
  • Same here, what are the lease rates for Feb?

We have a 2010 RX 350 FWD coming off lease. Was at $512/month... looking to get similar car (with Navigation) for less... possible?

Also is there a way to get pricing on how much finance rates we could get if we buy out the 2010 RX 350?
  • what is a reasonable price to lease rx350 2013 msrp about 49,500 with about 2,000 out of pocket for 1st payment,inception ,bank fee,registration and doc fee ? am turning in rx350 2012 with under 30,000mi 3 months early.
  • clasysclasys Posts: 26
    I have 2010 RX 350 AWD with 4 months ($535 per month) left to go. Just got a call from Lexus corporate, Loyalty Dept. and they informed me that so-called "Pull ahead" (they called it differently) program is live now and current lessees with less than 6 months remaining are eligible.

I called my sales person, the one I worked with, and he quoted me the following over the phone. Same car as I have, no nav, few new options that weren't available on 2010.

2013 RX 350 AWD
    Base features +
    - Display audio package
    - Heated and ventilated front seats
    - Parking assist option
    - Premium package with blind spot monitor system
    - wood & leather steering wheel & shift knob
    - cargo mat, net, wheel locks and key gloves

MSRP $47,300

At first, he said that even if 2013 is few thousands more (47,300 via 45 and change), he will happily match my current lease terms: $1235 due at signing ($700 bank fee + 1st month), 10,000 miles, 36 months, $535 a months NY tax included. He said that he used 60% residual and MF of 0.00100, and those are Feb numbers. They of course will wave all remaining payments on my 2010.

Then, after few minutes of chatter, he offers me this:

33 (???) months lease, 10,000 miles/year, $1235 due at signing ($700 bank fee + 1st month + $6?), 32 remaining payments of $529 (tax included). Lease via Lexus financial, not a 3rd party bank.

I played around with numbers in lease calc, and it looks like in order to get that monthly payment, selling price must be around $42.7K. It looks like a very good deal to me.

What do you guys think? This is first time I'm hearing about 33 months lease... Next time I speak to the guy, I will ask him what exact MF and residual he used for 33 months quote.
  • here's what i got---2013 rxx350 all pkgs-premium,comfort, navigation at 380-36mos. at $580 a month 3mos left on old lease which they wii pay,$ 2000 out of pocket including 1st mo payment of $580 . what do you think?
  • NRINRI Posts: 11
    I think you may have little room for negotiation. Similar configuration in Maryland, I got for little less than 42k .

GOOD LUCK
  • Went into lexus today
    rx 350 with appearance 24 months 15 k msrp 49275
    selling car for 44.500

550.00 month with 1380 out of pocket

is this a good deal
  • if that's awd, you got a better offer than i did. i was offered a 2013 rx 350, msrp 49.500 for $580 a month 12,000 miles a yr for 3 yrs, with $...2,000 out of pocket. this is in new jersey. they won't budge. should i take it?
  • NRINRI Posts: 11
    Please specify accessories.
  • Interesting thread this.. Here's my take. My accountant has advised me that in my case, leasing is the same as buying, if I can:
    1) avoid paying a drive-off premium, 2) get the right residual and 3) obtain the right money factor. Also, whether I lease or buy I expense 80% of my payments because I use my car for business.

What makes leasing a better proposition at this point in time is that, from what I've learned, Hybrid technology is on the cusp of a great leap forward. In three years I want to be able to turn-in my obsolete and rapidly depreciating 2013 hybrid and either lease or buy 2016's generation of Hybrid. Worst case scenario, I'm no worse off turning in my 2013 and leasing or buying a 2016.

Bottom line, if you understand the residual and the money factor and you don't pay a drive off, except for your sales tax and the cost for your license plates, leasing is not more expensive. It's the same thing.

There is one last point. What if your car appreciates or holds its value and you could make money buying it from the dealer and selling it for more? My car salesman advised me to check into that towards the end of my lease. If the numbers are in my favor I can sell the car to Carmax, pay off the dealer and pocket the difference. That may be worthwhile. I don't know if there's more to it than that, but I will find out when it's time.

Looking forward to your critique
    Meegwell
This discussion has been closed.