Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions

Comments

• kazielkaziel Posts: 2
    Hi car_man,

I just negotiated the following deal for a fully loaded RX350 AWD with nav and blind spot assist in the NYC area. Mind telling me if this is a good deal?

MSRP $49915
    Cash price $44923.50 (10% off MSRP)
    Trade in $9600
    Driveoff $4200
    Cap reduction $5400
    Money factor 0.0007
    Residual 62%
    Term 30 months
    Monthly payment $335

What else should I negotiate if this is not a good deal? Thanks a lot!!
  • tlguy5tlguy5 Posts: 7
    question on your deal. i am also negotiating the same car. is the money factor .00075 or .00070?

Car man, can you tell me the buy rate money factor for the 2013 rx350 awd?

thx.
  • kazielkaziel Posts: 2
    The money factor on my deal is 0.00070.
    i picked up a 2013 rx350 awd today with msrp of 49915. I traded a vehicle but was cut a check for the entire trade value (i.e. none of the value was applied toward the lease). they gave me fair value for the trade based on 4 others quotes i received from non-lexus dealers (acura etc). they also made my first payment. here are the specs

36 months/10k miles, 58% residual
    msrp - 49,915
    Cap Cost - $43,500 (this includes the $1500 lease cash and all processing fees)
    acquisition fee - $700
    disposition fee - $350
    money factor - .00060 but i put down 7 security deposits ($3,500) to lower the money factor to .00004.

total payment before taxes only (but including approx. $350 of titling/registration costs) was $436.

how did i do?
  • jlowevajloweva Posts: 1
    Hi:
    Looking to lease a new RX 350 with MSRP of $50,160. I live in Virginia. I want a 27 month lease and 15k miles.

Dealer just quoted me selling price of 47800. He didn't mention the 1500 lease cash, but i presume he factored it into his "discount". Processing Fee is 399, taxes 1542, tags 119 for a net sales price of 49860. He then said there would be a down payment of 2699, but quoted 6468 due on delivery (but didn't itemize everything), with a monthly payment of 527 for 27 months and anLEV of 31,600. I think the first 527 would be picked up by Lexus.

I have never leased before and have a hunch I would be getting screwed. Can someone please tell me what would be a good deal? I don't really need the best deal in the world, just a pretty good one.

Thanks!
    you are getting screwed. pm me and i'll share a spreadsheet that should allow to understand the inputs to a lease and make an informed decision.
  • sridharssridhars Posts: 25
    I was shopping for rx last week (in NJ/CT) - so here are my thoughts -

Best case - Selling price (in CT) should be around 45000 for that MSRP. So your lease payment will be around 565 (pre tax) per month. Upfront costs - bank fees/doc fees/reg. etc will be additional. This is without any down payment. If you putting down, divide that amount by 27 and deduct from 565. Also you may be better off with 36 months lease. Check the numbers out in VA.
  • s24ws24w Posts: 19
    CarMan,

Thank you for your help on this forum. The factory lease for 27 mo for 389/ month is not available in my Detroit area. And I'm only getting 1000 off MSRP around here.
    If we pursue an RX LEASE in Westport, CT from out of state, (who I hear has great customer service and offers great pricing) and we are able to negotiate a low sale price as has been mentioned on the RX 350 pricing forum, how do we best determine the lease figures including the lease payment tax portion, and how much should I expect to pay for delivery to MI? If not delivery, I would fly one way there. On a factory lease, the sale price is negotiable, right?

Do I use CT area quoted residual value, lease length, money factor and state tax to come up with a monthly payment calculation?
    In MI, the MF is currently .0004, lease length specials are on 36 month, not 27 and residual 58% for 10k miles on vehicles around 44k MSRP.
    I would like to know how to approach the out of state dealership and then obtain the total out the door figures for everything including fees at lease signing and then shipping vehicle, if available. Don't think I can necessarily wait until the end of the month though. I already sold my used car...
  • Hello carman
    I was wondering if you have the mf & residual on a Rx350 in SoCal. Thanks for all your help, I've been sifting through this thread for a while and it's full of great info. I appreciate all your help!
  • wchewche Posts: 3
    A friend just leased an rx350 with the following:

MSRP 47,799
    27 months
    12k, 65% residual

537/ month tax included
    889 due at signing (includes 1st month)

How did he do? He negotiated by monthly payments...
  • I got the following quote in the DFW area.
    lease with 0 down is $578/mth for 36 months with 12k miles/yr applying $2100 in rebates from Lexus.
    Residual is 57% of 52275 and money factor is 2.4%.

Is this a good deal? Not that I'm complaining but I am not able to get these same numbers when using the lease calculators that are available online. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
  • Carman:

You were a big help when I leased my 2010 RX 350. It's time to turn it in on a 2013 RX 350. Can you give me an idea on what I can expect on a 36 month, 15,000 miles per year lease on a FWD model? MSRP, Residual Value and mf?

Thanks
  • rhpdevrhpdev Posts: 11
    I am looking for information that will be useful in looking at quoted dealer lease. Looking at 2013 RX 350 AWD with Navigation and blindspot. Four year lease for 12K miles.

Anyone out there have Iowa information? Money factors, residuals, etc.
  • s24w - i am in the mkt looking to lease a 2013 Rx 350 AWD in MI & have been following the posts here. Looks like you are in a similar area so checking if you got any good deals either in MI or in neighboring states.
  • i am looking to lease a 2013 RX350 for 36months/10k mi in MI & have excellent cr. I checked the MSRP comes to about 48k.
    whats the spread between the inv & msrp. what wud be the residual & mf.
    what % of msrp ( or inv ) should be starting the negotiation at.
    thanks in adv
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,652
    Hello,

NO email addresses in the forums, please.

Lease calculations are very simple. Also, there are a number of lease calculators and apps available for this very purpose. (Google is your friend) My 11-yr-old son created my first lease spreadsheet. If you have any familiarity with Excel, you can do it yourself in 5 minutes.

thanks!
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• debs944debs944 Posts: 1
    I want to lease the RX 350 and the current deal here for the Premium pkg is $3399 due at signing, $389/mo for 27 months based on 10K miles, MSRP of $46800 with residual of $30888. There is also an offer of the lesser of $700 credit or first months payment. The terms don't include taxes, fees etc. Is this the best deal to expect seeing that 2013 is coming to an end or will there be better offers?

What are the latest MF/residuals for this SUV for RI? Thanks to anyone who can provide me more info !
  • mike9_0mike9_0 Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Excuse me, I quote a Rx 350 MRSP 46805 for 36month 12000 miles per year. They did not tell me the OTD price. This is my first time to lease a car. But they give me a 0 down payment, $540 per month after tax, with 0 first month payment. I don't know whether there are some other fee at last...because I don't know that at that time. Are there anybody can tell me how about this price?
    I am in NJ, with 7% tax.
    Thx
  • mike9_0mike9_0 Posts: 2
    Excuse me Carman,
    I want to lease a Rx350 AWD, MSRP 46805 without NAV for 36 months, 12000 mile per year. I am in NJ with tax 7%. They offer me a 0 down payment, 0 first month payment, $540per month after tax. But they didn't tell me the real sell price of this car, like the out door price, and the MF. But they told me the Residual value is 57%. This is the first time I lease a car. I also did ask whether the 0 down payment is equal to 0 due at sign. Do you think this is a good deal? Or still have a space to nego. I think they used the 1500 rebate from the Lexus. Right now there is a national event, 389 before tax for the same car, 3399 due at sign, 27 month, 10000 miles per year.
  • art3002art3002 Posts: 1
    I am looking for information that will be useful in looking at quoted dealer lease. Looking at 2013 RX 350 AWD with Navigation and blindspot. three year lease for 12K miles.

Anyone out there have mid-Atlantic (NY, NJ, DE, PA, MD, DC, VA) information?

How to figure a monthly with 0 down 3K down?

Money factors, residuals, etc.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.