Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions

Comments

• I have been quoted 640+tax on a 36 year (think 15000 miles)

2007 400h
    nav
    prem plus
    wood steering wheel

Seems high to me, but i don't have anything to compare it to yet.
  • Hi hpt. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In answer to your specific questions, even though you missed the "December to Remember" sales event, Lexus is still running a pretty attractive lease program on the 2007 RX 350.

While some manufacturers run early lease termination programs for current lessees that lets them out of their deals a couple of months early at no charge, if you want to get out of a lease earlier than that you are usually going to end up paying more for your new vehicle than you would have had you waited until the scheduled end of your current lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • I would be happy to help you out, briegel. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Lexus RX 350 AWD without the entertainment system with 12,000 miles per year are .00217 and 55%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $1,250 dealer cash that Lexus is providing on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Lexus Financial Services' 36 month, 12,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2007 RX 400h AWD without the entertainment system are .00203 and 56%, respectively. There is no dealer cash on this model right now.

Both of the aforementioned lease programs assume that you qualify for LFS' "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi cidsparks. You're right, I believe that dealers are starting to receive 2008 RXs in February. You will probably get a much better deal on a lease of a 2007 model than you will on a 2008 model right now. Not only will you be able to negotiate a lower selling price on an '07, its money factor is better than the '08 model's, and there is $1,250 dealer cash on the '07.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings salineg. Lexus Financial Services' normal buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2007 RX 400h AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00203 and 42%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1+" credit tier. Its 12,000 mile per year residual value would be 2% higher. Consumers who pay for their entire lease in advance, reduce a .00100 reduction in their vehicle's money factor. So this truck's buy rate would drop to .00103 for an advance pay lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi gigi5258. A 48 month lease is a little long, but still acceptable, but you definitely shouldn't lease this car for 60 months. Not only is that way too long to lease any vehicle because a lot can happen over the course of five years to make you want / need something different (a change in commute, lifestyle, etc...), but Lexus' special lease program for the RX 350 is only available for a maximum of 48 months. If you lease for longer than that, the money factor that is used to calculate the interest portion of your lease payment will be much higher than it should be.

Also, it's never a good idea to make large down payments on leased vehicles. Consumers who do risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. There's nothing wrong with trading in your Honda Accord when you lease your new Lexus, just have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for it instead of using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease.

I would be happy to give you an idea of what sort of lease payment you would have to pay on this truck right now, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its approximate selling price. You should be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for it right now by visiting the following discussion: "Lexus RX 350: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Lexus Financial Services will likely require you to have full insurance coverage on any vehicle that you lease through it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • In a 3 year 36k lease, other than oil changes what services are mandatory and do most people leasing do the major services i.e. 15 and 30k?
  • Thx... I need to buy this car this weekend. Looking at AWD with Nav, Leather..mo DVD...what is a good deal over invoice? Is there another car out there I should look at? I have Infiniti FX35..looking to move a little higher up the scale on this lease or purchase..thank you kindly
  • I have been looking for RX 350 for my wife, and here's the offer my dealer has given. Any thoughts?

2007 RX350 AWD
    Packages - Heated Seats, Rain sensing wipers, Towing Prep, Luxury Value (Leather, etc.)
    MSRP - $41746
    Lease CAP Cost - $38,500
    3 year, 45,000 lease
    Residual - 53% - $22,125.38
    Payment - $598/month + tax
    Lease Factor - I calculated to .00236 based on all the information provided.

I noted there is an additional $1250 dealer cash on this now (2007), and Edmunds TMV price for this is $40,306, less the $1250 and my $38,500 still seems pretty good.

Anything I'm missing?
  • lj233lj233 Posts: 4
    Is this .00203 money rate still good now? My dealer won't budge on a .00325 money factor... which I think is outrageously high. I'm looking at a 36 or 48 mo lease on a 2007 RX.
  • If you check at Lexus.com and click on RXH, the bottom right of the window it will say "What's New", the first option is "special leasing" deals. It doesn't tell you the apr but it does tell you that the deal goes to April 2. I got my RXH last thursday and I got it at 0.00203. But I do have tier one plus credit which does make a difference. So not sure what your scores are and what dealerships have you tried? Lindsey, Pohanka, Towson all gave me that rate but Annapolis and Rockville wouldn't budge. Shop around and good luck. Call my man Destin in Towson, he is younger and more hungry than all the other internet guys. I'm surprised that some of the other internet guys know how to use a computer. Anyway good luck
    Sorry, I should have said... I am looking at an RX350, not they hybrid. I read on some other post from a couple weeks ago that the money factors were in the .002 range for the RX350. My credit score is 790, so I think the .00325 I'm being quoted is a real rip-off.

Has anyone ever used South Bank Leasing?
  • The lease I signed last night had the Money Factor at .00194. I paid nothing down but 1st payment/tags, and even rolled the ACQ fee into lease. 36 Months / 15K year

$563/month + tax

Having some insurance issues right now though, so I haven't picked the car up yet :( First quote I got from my agent for insurance was WAY more than I expected.
  • nahreatnahreat Posts: 12
    Did you see the post from Todd in Ohio? He got 0.00194 on a 36mo lease. That's is 4.65% vs. 4.87% that I got for mine. Looks like your credit rocks so I would just stay firm on your offer. I actually ran into a couple of dealers that claimed "our finance guys have to make money too"! WTF is that all about. Anyway, shop a couple of dealerships and see what you can do. Also it depends on the area you live in too. Wealthier areas don't move b/c they know most people will cave in b/c a couple thousand bucks doesn't really matter to them. Crazy huh... Just know that most dealers are overstocked with suv's and most mid-sized sedans like the BMW 530xi, A6, Acura RL etc...that are in direct competition with SUVs all have AWD now. Most places are sitting on so many of the RX350s right now. Anyway good luck
    Thanks for the replies. I'm in Tampa, FL. RX inventories are pretty low here. They lowered the rate to .00265, but that's still equivalent to 6.36%. If only I lived in Ohio... that's closer to what I was expecting to pay!
  • geekmageekma Posts: 20
    What was your final price on the RXH?
    Hey check it out man, the dealership that told me "our finance guys have to make money too" just sent me another email. Check out the site and see what the deal is. I know the deals vary from region to region so... but just chekc it out anyway. Ask the dealer straight out what the buy rate is and insist on seeing the finance rate from LFS. good luck

http://www.lexusofannapolis.com/ou/annapolis-lexus/?make=lexus
    i got it for $45,678. Nav, premium, 18" wheels, towing package, wood steering wheel, cargo and floor mats. pretty standard options. the deal was supposed to be 1k over invoice but i didn't insist on seeing the invoice b/c i got my target price so...what numbers did you get?
  • action80action80 Posts: 2
    I was told Lexus of Orlando was having great lease deals on leftover 2007 RX350s. I have never leased a car before but since leaving the dealer with these numbers I began doing some leasing research. I used a couple of different calculators including the one on this site and my numbers do not match the dealer. When the sales manager called back and I told him out numbers do not match, he said the internet calculators are inaccurate. Here are his numbers. Thanks

MSRP-40,400
    Price-38,500
    Down payment-4300.00
    36 months
    1200 miles
    tax-6.5%
    Residual-54%
    Money Factor .00265
    Monthly Payment---$596.00 less one month
  • gtophgtoph Posts: 22
    Didn't run the numbers, but somehow I doubt "internet calculators are inaccurate". Maybe within a penny, but big whoop. Try the calculators on http://www.bankrate.com and see if they match. If they do, let the dealer know he's full of BS and walk out.
This discussion has been closed.