Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions

Comments

• lgarneslgarnes Posts: 6
    It's on my profile jebell , I'm sure all are aware :)
  • jebelljebell Posts: 54
    I do not see it on your profile for this forum. And to see the profile one needs to sign in. I did find it on your CarSpace profile. I do not believe you are trying to hide anything but I do believe members of this forum should know you are a salesman at Prestige Lexus in Ramsey, NJ. For this reason, some members may want to be careful in what they say. BTW, the next time I am in Ramsey, I will stop in and say hi. :)
  • lgarneslgarnes Posts: 6
    I'm sorry about that confusion jebell :) , Due to the rules and regs of this website I was warned not to advert because it is seen as soliciting. Trust me I'd love for EVERYONE to see what I do and where I am , but yes next time you are in the area, please do stop by :shades: Have a great week!
  • ctfarmboyctfarmboy Posts: 11
    Can anyone tell me if the $489/mth lease deal for the '08 RX350 being advertised everywhere by NY/NJ Lexus dealers is a good one?? The deal they publish is 36mths, MSRP $43,121; 12,000 miles/yr; $2,500 down.

What would the best deal I could hope for be??
  • gx470818gx470818 Posts: 16
    OK, I did a little more digging and talk to the dealer about the options that come with the 2008 FWD RX400h, they are VN, PT, HH, FT, WU, & TO. MSRP: $49935, Inovice: $44059 and the offer I have on the table is $44900 which is about 900 over the invoice. Can someone tell me is this a good price or not. TIA.
  • tv and newspaper ads are stating rx350 08 AWD with 10k for 36 months. there is also 2500 down. do you know what premium packages are included ? is the navigation system and bluetooth part of the deal for 489? Is there a disposition fee with this deal ?
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,030
    A reporter hopes to speak with consumers who want to buy hybrid SUVs that are having a hard time finding them at dealerships and/or are frustrated by dealers marking up the prices on the hybrids. If you are a consumer looking to purchase a hybrid SUV, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Tuesday, March 25, 2008.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• hamomhamom Posts: 13
    Hi...I am interested in the 2009 RX350 AWD...with Navigation System. I would be looking for 36 mo, 15K miles a year. No money down...accept for fees and taxes. I would be looking to do this in April 2008. Yesterday we went to Prestige in Ramsey...they were helpful and gave me a monthly price...but didn't break it all out like I know they should. So..I wouldn't do any deal until saw all that. The price they were quoting was a monthly payment in the low $600's. Can someone help me with what my breakouts should be...and what a "good" monthly rate should be. Thank you!
  • dawavedawave Posts: 1
    We got the RX350, MSRP around 45000,

Base Unite +
    Navigation System/Mark Levinson Package
    Premium Plus Package
    Heated Front Seats w/Rain Sensing Wipers

We got $750.00 off since we drove lexus prior to this car. So they have this loyalty deduction of $750.00

$2500 Drive off
    463+ tax = $500 monthly payment.

We tried to talk to more dealers about it and no one can go lower about it (We were thinking about getting 2 at the time)

So just FYI.
    In April the Money Factor will probably change but last month I leased an 09RX350 AWD with Nav. from Lexus of Bridgewater, no cap cost reduction, $1600 OTD, for $600 month. 36 months, 12K per year. They used UNB not LFS. Ramsey will probably use Haan which I would stear clear from.
  • hamomhamom Posts: 13
    Thanks for the answer..forgive my ignorance...what is
    UNB, LFS, and Haan...and why should I stay away from Haan. Thanks!
    Sorry, those are finance companies, UNB is United National Bank, LFS is Lexus Financial Services, and Haan is Haan. I have heard Haan is very unforgiving with "normal wear and tear" and has a disposition fee around $400.
  • nvnick1nvnick1 Posts: 9
    We're looking at the 09 RX350 awd & 08 Volvo XC90 3.2 AWD 7 pass. Can you post the April numbers for a 24 or 36 mo lease with 12k miles yr? I know Toyota has different rates/ different regions; we are in Indianapolis. I've posted the same message under the Volvo forum too. Thanks Car man.
  • jliu1jliu1 Posts: 1
    I am being quoted a 39 month lease with 1300 down and 592/month, 12000 miles
    any input into the value of this lease?

TIA
  • marks1965marks1965 Posts: 10
    I have been trying to read the various posts and also been trying to follow Car Man's responses. I have seen prices all over the place. I am likely going to go to Lexus of Englewood shortly to attempt to lease a 2008 or 2009 RX350. I would like the navigational and rear dvd entertainment systems. 12,000 miles per year/36 months-standard lease. I've been trying to get an estimate on what the monthly payment would be, with very little out of pocket. Any suggestions.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi nvnick1. Lexus Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Lexus RX 350 AWD without the entertainment system with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00190 and 56%.

For the sake of comparison, Volvo Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Volvo XC90 3.2 AWD 7 passenger with 12,000 miles per year are .00168 and 58%. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00209 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • gx470818gx470818 Posts: 16
    Car Man,

Do you have similar info for the RX400H for April? Thanks
  • We're looking at the 09 with 18,000 miles built into the lease. quotes in Rochester, NY and Larchmont NY are close around $700 with nav. No rear entertainment.
  • gr8trfoolgr8trfool Posts: 19
    Car_Man-

Got a quote today from a DFW Lexus dealer showing 62% residual for a 2009 350RX on a 3 year lease. Your prior post showed this for 24 month lease period and 56% for 3 year lease. Has this changed?
  • vascovasco Posts: 16
    I am in process of Leasing a RX 350 and this is the quotation that I got yesterday:

'08 RX 350 FWD
    Premium Plus
    Navigation (any difference between an 08 and 09 navigation ????? as I see that '09 mentions a new generation (GEN 5) sytem????)
    RSES (dealer install option to the head rest)
    Other usual items that are pretty much standard

MSRP ~48K
    Negotiated Price ~41K

Lease Terms:
    $935 drive off (includes the 1st month and DMV, etc...)
    $563 (includes tax) for 47 more months
    12K miles

Is this is a good deal and does it sound right (for all the experts out there

Thanks for all your help and this forum has been a HUGE help in our desicion process.
    My error....I calculated residual from the selling price of the car, not MSRP. It appears that this should always be based on MSRP from my more recent research. So residual was 56% of MSRP (62% of selling price). My bad.
  • vascovasco Posts: 16
    Got the new '09 RX 350 last night:)

'09 350RX FD
    Nav
    Premium Plus
    18" 7 Spoke Wheels
    Rear Seat Ent
    Heated Seats w/RSW

MSRP $45886 + $1000 for the dealer installed RSES
    Selling Price 38568
    + taking over 2 of my last payment for the current lease from Volvo $1120

Total selling price $39688 +TT

Residual was I believe at %56 and money factor was 0.00190

TOTAL Drive off $950
    12K, 36 month lease @ $593 (includes tax)

Good luck and hope this serves as a guide for the new prespective buyers out there.
    Just closed on lease. 2009 RX350 with premium, no nav. MSRP $41,116, dealer adds tinting front windows and a few other small goodies for no change in MSRP. $37,200 (invoice +/-$36,400). MF .00225. Dealer applied sales tax credits to lower effective sales tax rate for DFW area from 6.25% to 1.2% ($1825 savings to me). 36 month and 12,000/year. Residual 56% = $23024. Under $490/month. LFS financing. Paid the tax ($500, licensing $185) and $2100 (cap cost reduction) at signing. Also paid 1st payment.

Possibly could have squeaked a few dollars more out, but one never knows. Couldn't get to .0019 MF (1% lower interest rate) referenced as the base rate.
  • gza001gza001 Posts: 2
    Car man - can you post the Lexus Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2008 Lexus RX 400h AWD with 10,000 miles per year?

So far, I've been quoted a money factor of .002 and a residual of 53%. Thanks in advance!
  • gza001gza001 Posts: 2
    From the Lexus website:
    link title
    Special Lease Offer
    Now through June 30th, special leases are available on the stylish RX and the technologically advanced RX Hybrid. For details, see your Lexus dealer.

I'm specifically interested in the 2008 RX 400h, but the dealers I have spoken to in the past couple of days have told me the lease terms from LFS are not very good. MF of .002 and Residual of 53%. Doesn't seem very 'special' to me.

For a 400h w/ Navigation in the NYC area, I've been quoted an MSRP of $50k and net cap cost of $46k. For a 36 month, 10k/year lease with no money down, I'm looking at monthly payments @ $750/month (including @ $58/month in sales tax).

This seems pretty steep to me, but I'd definitely appreciate some input from others who may have recently leased a 400h or may have spoken to a dealer about current lease specials. Thanks.
  • vantage78vantage78 Posts: 7
    Wow, that is barely above invoice? I am struggling to find a Houston dealer that will let a 09 RX350 (NV, PT, HH) go for less than 41k. I'm looking for invoice + $500. Any leads? TIA.
  • ks_manks_man Posts: 2
    I'm soon going to be in the market for a new RX350. I'm planning on leasing it.

What are the current money factors for the lease and what are the residuals? I'm debating both 12 and 15k leases for 36 and 48 months (or something in-between).

Are they standard numbers or do the dealers have wiggle room? I want to make sure I'm prepared when I walk into the dealership. Negotiating on the cost of the car is pretty straight forward, but I know that some dealers pad their profits with higher lease rates and lower residuals.

Thanks.
  • rwschillrwschill Posts: 7
    Looking for RX350 in Wis/Minn area. Who has best prices in this area - Minn, Appleton, Milwaukee, and Madsion? Is it better to lease a 2008 or 2009 now?
    Thanks
    Hi gx470818. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 RX 400h AWD without the entertainment system with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Tier 1+" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new RX, vasco. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Real world examples like this are always helpful to others who are in the market for similar vehicles. Make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.