Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions

Comments

• My dealer tells me it's not worth leasing a CPO even though LFS offers the program. Does anyone know the lease money factors and other information on a 2006 RX330 lease? Assume ~35,000 miles and a sale price of $30,000.

Thanks in advance! - oh I should mention, this forum saved me $5000 on my ES350 purchase last year!
  • indus2indus2 Posts: 20
    looks like there are decent lease deals to be had on an rx350 these days in the tri-state area. 36 months, 15k/year, inception fees out of pocket (i.e. no cap cost redux), no sales tax up front (i.e. rolled into the monthly paymt) - around $450/month
    to the best of my knowledge, 09 RX350 AWD (non-NAV and non-Entertainment)numbers for November are as follows (36mo/15k). Car_man - would be great if you could confirm...

Residual: 52%
    MF: 0.00095

There is also a $1K dealer cash, and some sort of a $1K coupon from Lexus that can be used toward an up-front paymt.
  • I think the residual is 54% but then again, I'm looking at the Nav which might change things. Ah, I see you're doing 15k so 52% is likely correct. I'm looking at 12k.

Yes to the .00095 mf for top tier fico scores from what I'm hearing, too.

What quotes are you getting? Mine are all over the place.

Cheers.
    $36.8K for the non-NAV (MSRP $43,591)
  • briegelbriegel Posts: 139
    indus2 and marinite...What region of the country are you two in? My daughter and son-in-law were quoted a mf of .0013 and $39,000 for a non-nav in Seattle.
  • Was shopping all day today. The best deal I've got so far: 08 RX350
    $495/m, 10K/y only, and no NAV. Not good at all :( Any advice would be appreciated. and yes, my fico is in upper 700. Looks like you are getting much better deals. Have you seen anything printed or on TV? I'm in try-state area.
    i'm in the tri-state area (nj)
    Citiboy - leases are far better on 09's now than the 08's. I recommend you do your shopping by phone (ask for Internet sales), this way you can cover many more stores and find one that's willing to negotiate. Suggest you call a couple of dealerships in Northern NJ, I found they were most flexible. The advertized special, if I recall correctly, is 2009 AWD, $3495 cap cost redux and $399/month for 36 months/10k. The deal you're being offered on the 08 is about the same as that advertized lease, Trust me, you can do MUCH better than that now.
  • womblewomble Posts: 28
    anyone know current residual and money factor on rx400h? I am coming to the end of my lease on my 2006 rx400h and will probably get 09, but hear they are much more expensive to lease now. There were a lot of them to choose from back in 2006 so dealers were flexible. thanks
  • SF Bay Area. Top tier m.f. was verified at .00095 - and best offer I've seen if for $37,588 for a FWD with Nav (Premium Value pkg). I have to say that the AWDs are only a bit more.

I did ask one dealer about matching Rosalinday's price and he said "no way." And, this was the same dealer she used, he found no record of a purchase for that price, that day either - so not sure what's up there.

Rosalinday - if you're still reading, let us know pls!! Thanks!
  • Thanks Indus2,
    I'm getting in the mid to high $37,xxx for one with Nav., $38,xxx for awd.

I just saw an invoice with the dealer numbers and there's more than 1500 in profit (holdback, finance, and tda) if they get the 1000 rebate and 1000 certificate from the manufacturer, which I think is the case. So, nobody wants to dip into that so far, assuming the manuf is kicking in the rebates/certs.

Any thoughts? Seems fair enough, they need to make money and with this economy, they seem to be giving less of it up lately. One GSM didn't want to match another dealer's quote so going to a volume dealer might help. Just my 2 cents.

Fwiw, yes - shop the '09s, better deals to the person looking to lease. Should be able to get something in the high $400s w/no down, by my calculations. www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm has a great lease calculator.

Cheers and good luck all!
  • Congratulations on getting your new RX, uis00sn. You certainly used all sorts of tricks to get your truck's monthly payment down, coupons, credit card points, MSDs...I'm impressed. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi marinite. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2009 RX 350 is .00095 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. Lexus is also providing 0.9% to 2.9% special financing and $1,000 dealer cash on this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • You were very close in your estimate. just got a couple of quotes and the best one so far is $495 inc. tax, no down, no options, '09 AWD, 10K/y, 36 months. Same with Nav. package $520. Still seems a bit steepy, but..
    Should I pull the trigger or continue shopping, or wait for Thanksgiving/End-of-year specials? As usually the dealer is pushing saying that the price includes a coupon which will expire soon. BTW, do you know anything about this coupon expiration day.
  • hey sharkaphobe,
    looks like you've got a sweet, sweet deal something around $490/m before tax for a VERY good package. mind to help me find this dealership (no phone. just name, city and state). hope they still have this deal.
  • This is the opening offer I received on a 09 AWD w/Nav 36 month 15k lease:

- MSRP $46,240
    - Money Factor 0.00085
    - Residual 52%
    - Tax, title, tags included
    - $2000 down (covers first month payment & tax)
    - $617.00/month

I figure I'm getting about $2000 off MSRP, is this about what the market is giving? I'm located in Ohio.
  • briegelbriegel Posts: 139
    Car man...Does that .00095 mf apply in the Seattle/Northwest Region? My daughter and her husband are being given a mf of .0013 in Seattle. Thanks!
  • Hi indus2. The money factor and residual value that you mentioned are correct.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi womble. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 RX 400h AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 48%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi briegel. To the best of my knowledge the .00095 money factor is a national program. Keep in mind that this money factor is for consumers who qualify for LFS' Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Cityboy, i think you can do better than $495 for 10K/yr lease now, I'm not sure where they'll be around thanksgiving. I've been quoted ~$490 for 15k/yr without much negotiating. Try calling Prestige and Tri-county and see what they say.
  • womblewomble Posts: 28
    thanks car man... do any of those numbers change for a 2009 rx400h?
  • mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Posts: 159
    Car_man,
    How much does each security deposit decrease the MF with the lexus rx350 lease?

Have you heard of a $1000 close certificate through lexus - I saw this on the prices paid forum?

Mark
  • Hello 2IUgrds, Are you nuts, do not pay over 600/month lease. Get 40k net price, then get 100 off rebate, and then get the lease, should be less than 500.
  • mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Posts: 159
    I just found out that each security deposit decreases the MF by .00008
  • I figured, and actually I got a much better quote from a Cleveland dealership.

- 0 down
    - 41000ish Net cap cost
    - payment of $545/mo including tax

This is about 5k off MSRP, would this be about right? I'm going to a dealership in Columbus tomorrow.
  • 2iugrads, your car's MSRP is way to high. But it is really about personal preferences. In NY tri-sate you can get around (depends on tax at your place) $500 including tax for 36 mo., $ 0 down,10K mi/y, MSRP $45,426 (Premium Plus, NAV, heated seats, wiper sensors, 18" tires, etc.), but your credit have to be in Tier 1. And this is not just talks, I've got three offers in writing v. email. Using mf of .00095 and RV of 55% you may see that Ajusted Cap. Cost they use (considering my tax is 8.125%) was around 39,500. That is about $400-500 less than invoice price. How did they do it I do not know. Probably they used $1,000 dealer cash Car_man mentioned or some other coupons currently available to them or to us which we do not know of.
    I think you can get similar deal nationwide, but most definitely in Northeast.
  • Thanks for the reply. I think my current deal is pretty comparable.

36mo
    15k mi/y
    MSRP + destination $46,240
    cap cost = $40,240
    MF 0.00085
    RV 52% (5k mi/y more)
    $0 down
    7.75% tax included
    payment $545.00

Have this quote in writing and confirmed over the phone
  • mjfloyd1, I understand the economy of this deal, but how to apply this in practice. Mind to share any knowledge?
    Moreover, are these security deposits would be refundable if car stolen,totaled, etc.?
This discussion has been closed.