Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions

Comments

• Greetings avgjoe1. Lexus did enhance its lease program on these trucks. Last week it rolled out its annual December to Remember sales event. Lexus Financial Services' new buy rate lease money factors are .00155 for the '08 RX 350 and .00215 for the '08 RX 400h for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

If you are in an area that has a high level of competition, I suspect that you should easily be able to do $500 to $1,000 over the dealer invoice prices that are listed here at Edmunds.com on these trucks. In areas that have less competition, you may have to pay a little more than that. Make sure to stop by the "Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" and "Lexus RX 400h Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussions to see how much other community members have paid for these trucks lately.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi newbie23. This is absolutely a good time to lease an RX 350. In fact, it is probably the best time to lease one. December is usually a pretty time to purchase or lease a new vehicle as dealers are often motivated to blow vehicles out to make their annual numbers look better. On top of this, Lexus runs its biggest sales event of the year during December. Lexus Financial Services' new buy rate lease money factor for the 2008 RX 350 is .00155. It's .00215 for the '08 RX 400h.

As far as how much you should pay for these trucks goes, if you are in an area that has a high level of competition, I suspect that you should easily be able to do $500 to $1,000 over the dealer invoice prices that are listed here at Edmunds.com on these trucks. In areas that have less competition, you may have to pay a little more than that. Make sure to stop by the "Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" and "Lexus RX 400h Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussions to see how much other community members have paid for these trucks lately.

I haven't crunched the numbers, but I suspect that a 48 month lease of either of these models would have a lower monthly payment than a 36 month lease would.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey jim53. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 RX 350 AWD without the entertainment system with 12,000 miles per year are .00155 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. I haven't looked into the details of LFS' multiple security deposit program in a while, but the last time that I checked it provided a .00010 reduction in vehicles' money factor for every additional deposit, up to a maximum of nine.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings johndem1350. I haven't seen this truck's specific lease program for your area, but in the areas that I have seen it for Lexus Financial Services' new December to Remember buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 RX 400h FWD without the entertainment system with 15,000 miles per year are .00215 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're very welcome, Ken. I'm glad that I have been able to help you out in the past. Let's see what we can do for you on your next lease. Lexus Financial Services' new December to Remember buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Lexus RX 350 AWD without the entertainment system with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. Navigation does not have any impact upon this vehicle's residual values, but the entertainment system does. The residuals for models that have the entertainment system are 2% lower than vehicles that do not have it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, amybwhite. Lexus Financial Services' new December to Remember buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 RX 350 FWD without the entertainment system with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Let's take a look at the selling price that you were quoted. You are being given a $3,468 discount on this truck. It probably has a spread of around $5,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. If so, then the price that you were quoted is around $1,500 over invoice. That isn't bad, but if you are in an area that has a high level of competition I would not be surprised if you would be able to beat it by a little bit and do $500 to $1,000 over. Make sure to stop by the "Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car-Man!
    I really need your help. I posted once before & got no response, so I decided to send this to you personally hoping you would respond. I live in Alabama and have 3 options of dealerships in the State. I most recently got a quote on the 2008 RX 350 FWD. This is for the Basic SUV, Luxury Value Edition, Memory Drivers Seat, Rainsensing wipers, Towing Prep Package, Cargo Mat, Wheel Locks, Power Liftgate, 18" 5-spoke aluminum alloy wheels, with XM Radio included. MSRP was quoted as $40,878. Sales price given to me was $38,200. (36 month lease/15,000 miles per year) A .00175 Money Factor was quoted for Tier 1 (IS THIS TOO HIGH? I HAD BEEN SEEING .00155 ON SOME Of THE FORUMS), with a residual value of 54% (Again, is this the correct residual?....somewhere I read it should be 55%). 3% Lease Tax for Alabama. I was quoted a monthly payment of $595.31. Could I do better? I am wanting to purchase the 1st week of December, and COULD REALLY USE YOUR HELP AND KNOWLEDGE!!!!! THANKS!!!!!
  • I was just quoted a price for a 08 RX350 AWD, Nav
    MSRP 45756
    Cap Cost of 41819
    36 Months
    18K miles per year
    MF .00155
    incl NJ Tax 673.51 per month
    Is that a good deal?
  • Car_Man,
    Can you tell me which areas are offering the money factor and RV your talking about? I was offered a MF of 0.00235 and RV of 52% out in Mission Viejo, California. Thanks for the help.
  • Hello,
    Can you please tell me if this is a good deal on a Rx 350 awd lease in the Philadephia area:
    18,000 miles w/Nav
    4090 due at start (includes tax, cash cap reduction)
    36 mos
    Money factor 0.00155
    Residual 54%
    MSRP 45,756.00
    22,908.24 residual amount
    Monthly payment = 593.74
    Any feedback is appreciated.
  • Hi Carman:

Thanks again for your help. Wow, it's hard to roll back into another RX. I'm just coming to the end of a 36 month lease on an RX330 and the residual was 59% on that car... I think I'll look at the X3 as residuals appear to be around 65%! I'd appreciate any update on the X3 mf/residual over on that car's board.

Thanks again,

Ken

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    You're very welcome, Ken. I'm glad that I have been able to help you out in the past. Let's see what we can do for you on your next lease. Lexus Financial Services' new December to Remember buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Lexus RX 350 AWD without the entertainment system with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. Navigation does not have any impact upon this vehicle's residual values, but the entertainment system does. The residuals for models that have the entertainment system are 2% lower than vehicles that do not have it.

Car_man
    Host
  • riminirimini Posts: 14
    Hey Guys,
    Just wanted to share the deal I got on 12/3/2007 on Lexus RX 350 w/Nav Black on Black:

36 Months/10K

$1500 Out of Pocket - $561 first payment + bank fee + NY DMV fees
    Monthly Payment - $561

I think it's a pretty good deal considering I've called about 25 dealers before landing this deal.

Gene K
  • Hi Gene. Can you tell me where did you get that deal? I was able to find $585 on the 12K lease for the Premium + with NAV.

Please let me know.
    Thanks.
  • faulkfaulk Posts: 2
    end of november traded in my old rx for a newbie

36months/12K

$2,000 out of pocket (inc 1st month,bank fees,taxes,cap cost reduction)
    monthly = $450
  • riminirimini Posts: 14
    I got it from Lexus of Edison, NJ
    There is a guy in sales named Viraaj - tell him you are from Mark Yuzovitskiy who leased RX 350 from him this past Monday.
    Please, let me know how it goes:)

Good Luck
  • Faulk, can you please provide us more details like what is the msrp and what is the residual and money factor. When you trade in your old RX did you put that as down payment? Is the 450 includes tax? Thanks.
  • I was just quoted the following from my local Lexus dealer
    Lexus RX 350 AWD
    $599/mo with $1500 total out of pocket.
    3 years & 36k.
    money factor .001550 tier 1 credit
    MSRP $45700 on the premium + navigation/DVD with heated seats and 7 spoke liquid graphite rims.

is this a good deal?
  • Gene
    I dont believe that your dealer has included the sales tax,
    An RX 350 with navigation and based on your figure of 1500 down, the best you'd be looking at is roughly 600/mo. give or take a few dollars.
    at 561.00 per month and 1500 down they would be below cost on that vehicle and losing money on the deal. not possible.
  • faulkfaulk Posts: 2
    akhi2006-

$450/mth includes the tax....

msrp was ~$43,100
    residual is $24,100 not sure about money factor.....
    got credit towards the cap because my old leased rx was in good condition.

good luck!
  • I posted a longer version of my experience on the "prices paid". But this is in response to the patsfan2/gene $561 discussion.

I leased FWD, nav, prem +, tow prep, mats, wheel locks, heat w/rs, 5 spoke alloy (MSRP 44371). My cap cost was 39,900 (including the 600 acq fee). According to AAA's website it's $193 over invoice.

I wrote a check for 937.71 for 1st mo + title/reg/fees + doc fee + tire tax at the dealer's. (With the fairly low money factor, .00155, I didn't see the need to put more down)

I have 36 mo/36,000 mi and my payments are 561.25 (which includes los angeles county tax)
This discussion has been closed.