Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions

Comments

• gx470818gx470818 Posts: 16
    I'm in the market for a 400h, a so cal dealer has qoute me a price for a loaded 2008 2-wheel drive for $44,900, is this a decent price? Obviously these is still more room for bargaining but is these guy being sincere? Thanks in advance.
  • I'm aware that right now there is a $2000 dealer incentive on 08 rx350's so what im trying to find out is how likely my scenario is to being possible.

I was hoping to haggle down the car which has a msrp of 44,000 to 38,000 which is 1k below the invoice. Have many people had luck getting the full 2k under invoice in light of this incentive?

Secondly, I've been told that it's best to establish the price of the car and once you have an offer inform them that you are wanting to do a lease on the figure determined. How likely are they to work a lease out for 1k under invoice? I see that a stipulation of the Dealer incentive is that it can not be combined with another LFS lease offer but assuming i dont mind not qualifying for the lease offer can i just focus on the dealer incentive?

Lastly, I havent really dealt with a lease before but what is the minimum otd you can achieve assuming top tier credit? I'm guessing at least 1st months payment + acquisition fee but I can't find anywhere that tells me exactly. Thanks for all the help sorry if the questions seem novicelike.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    No problem, jebell. The reason that the dealer can sell you the RX that you are interested in for less money if you lease it through an independent bank instead of Lexus Financial Services is that Lexus is providing $2,000 dealer cash on it right now. This cash is not compatible with the special LFS lease program, but you would be able to take advantage of it if you lease through an independent bank.

Lexus is not currently providing any support on the 2009 RX. It is focusing its support on the remaining leftover 2008 models to help dealers clear them off of their lots. As a result, if you were to lease an '09 RX through LFS you would have to use its standard lease program. Its buy rate standard money factor for a 36 month lease is .00235 for Tier 1+ customers in your area right now. You definitely would be much better off going with the '08 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi gx470818. It's difficult to say whether the selling price that you were quoted for the 400h that you are interested in is attractive without knowing with its full MSRP, or better yet its dealer invoice price is. You can look up that information by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. Let us know what either or both of these numbers are and I am sure that someone here will share their thoughts on your deal with you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi iceburnztt. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would not be surprised if you were able to negotiate a selling price of $1,500 under dealer invoice after taking the $2,000 dealer cash into account. Unfortunately, you would not be able to use this price on a lease through Lexus Financial Services. The two grand dealer cash is not compatible with Lexus' special lease program. If you want to use it, you would have to lease through an independent bank, which some community members have reported doing.

On a lease through Lexus Financial Services, you would have to pay your vehicle's first month's payment, its $600 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees at lease signing. You should be able to roll the acquisition fee into your truck's capitalized cost to make it part of your monthly payment instead of paying it at signing if you want. If you go with a bank other than LFS, the acquisition fee and security deposit requirements will be different.

Car_man
    Host
  • jebelljebell Posts: 54
    Prestige in Ramsey NJ
    Thank you very much. In my area the 08s are nearly gone. Only one dealer in three (Prestige) has any. My wife ONLY wants Brandywine Mica with Black interior so I will have to go with an 09. I wish she would get a job. :D
    In the interest of full disclosure, be aware lgarnes is a salesman at Prestige Lexus in NJ. I think everyone should know this
  • Hello, I am looking to lease a rx350, and am looking for current residual values and MF for the chicago area, to calculate my monthly payments. I am looking for 10, 000 or 12K miles a year for 3 or 4 years. Is there a specific website that lists current numbers?
    Also, does anyone have typical cap costs I can expect from chicago dealerships? thanks for the help.....
    Car Man,

According to Edmunds.com, MSRP is $48,085, invoice is $42,497, therefore this guy is quoting me $2500 above his invoice. Again my question is "is this a decent deal, a good deal or a lousy deal" Thank you.
  • lgarneslgarnes Posts: 6
    It's on my profile jebell , I'm sure all are aware :)
    I do not see it on your profile for this forum. And to see the profile one needs to sign in. I did find it on your CarSpace profile. I do not believe you are trying to hide anything but I do believe members of this forum should know you are a salesman at Prestige Lexus in Ramsey, NJ. For this reason, some members may want to be careful in what they say. BTW, the next time I am in Ramsey, I will stop in and say hi. :)
  • lgarneslgarnes Posts: 6
    I'm sorry about that confusion jebell :) , Due to the rules and regs of this website I was warned not to advert because it is seen as soliciting. Trust me I'd love for EVERYONE to see what I do and where I am , but yes next time you are in the area, please do stop by :shades: Have a great week!
  • ctfarmboyctfarmboy Posts: 11
    Can anyone tell me if the $489/mth lease deal for the '08 RX350 being advertised everywhere by NY/NJ Lexus dealers is a good one?? The deal they publish is 36mths, MSRP $43,121; 12,000 miles/yr; $2,500 down.

What would the best deal I could hope for be??
    OK, I did a little more digging and talk to the dealer about the options that come with the 2008 FWD RX400h, they are VN, PT, HH, FT, WU, & TO. MSRP: $49935, Inovice: $44059 and the offer I have on the table is $44900 which is about 900 over the invoice. Can someone tell me is this a good price or not. TIA.
  • tv and newspaper ads are stating rx350 08 AWD with 10k for 36 months. there is also 2500 down. do you know what premium packages are included ? is the navigation system and bluetooth part of the deal for 489? Is there a disposition fee with this deal ?
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
    A reporter hopes to speak with consumers who want to buy hybrid SUVs that are having a hard time finding them at dealerships and/or are frustrated by dealers marking up the prices on the hybrids. If you are a consumer looking to purchase a hybrid SUV, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Tuesday, March 25, 2008.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• hamomhamom Posts: 13
    Hi...I am interested in the 2009 RX350 AWD...with Navigation System. I would be looking for 36 mo, 15K miles a year. No money down...accept for fees and taxes. I would be looking to do this in April 2008. Yesterday we went to Prestige in Ramsey...they were helpful and gave me a monthly price...but didn't break it all out like I know they should. So..I wouldn't do any deal until saw all that. The price they were quoting was a monthly payment in the low $600's. Can someone help me with what my breakouts should be...and what a "good" monthly rate should be. Thank you!
  • dawavedawave Posts: 1
    We got the RX350, MSRP around 45000,

Base Unite +
    Navigation System/Mark Levinson Package
    Premium Plus Package
    Heated Front Seats w/Rain Sensing Wipers

We got $750.00 off since we drove lexus prior to this car. So they have this loyalty deduction of $750.00

$2500 Drive off
    463+ tax = $500 monthly payment.

We tried to talk to more dealers about it and no one can go lower about it (We were thinking about getting 2 at the time)

So just FYI.
    In April the Money Factor will probably change but last month I leased an 09RX350 AWD with Nav. from Lexus of Bridgewater, no cap cost reduction, $1600 OTD, for $600 month. 36 months, 12K per year. They used UNB not LFS. Ramsey will probably use Haan which I would stear clear from.
This discussion has been closed.