Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions

Comments

• hulahula Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

I got quoted a lease rate of....

36 months/$1800 down/12,000 miles/MF.00130/monthly payment $575 (includes tax)
    MSRP: $48,522.00

Thanks,
    Hula
  • hulahula Posts: 2
    residual of 59%...

hula
  • You're very welcome mhueso. I'm glad that we were able to help you out.

According to the latest information that I have seen, Lexus Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RX350 AWD with the Entertainment System and 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier. This factor might vary slightly by region

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

This truck's payment will depend upon what its MSRP and selling price are. I need both numbers, or at lease MSRP and invoice, to work up a payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi Hula. The money factor that you were quoted looks good. It's right in line with Lexus Financial Services' buy rate for this model.

How good a deal this is depends upon what this truck's selling price is. We could play around with the numbers and probably back into an approximate selling price, but it would be much easier to just ask the dealer what they are charging you. the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Let us know what this number is and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • After one month, we had to return new 450H; cabin integrity compromised. Repeatedly, following a long time, then going uphill, my wife could not breathe, and my son. Others validated problem. But Lexus dealer would not/did not replicate driving conditions. Lexus service advisors theorized about possible toxic substances, including cosmoline. Perhaps build after Japan nuclear accident. Anway, we had to pay $5000 to end lease, but health more improtant. Lexus Corp refused even to pick up $5000. Now, we'll ahve to follow this up with goernmental authorities, and litigation. Anyone with similar experiences, please contact us.
  • Hi - I am looking into leasing my first car. I have done enough research to understand the 3 important factors (Sales price, Money Factor and residual value) but feel like the price I was quoted over the weekend (in South carolina) was extremely too high. I've been approved for Lexus' Tier 1 credit. The quote was for a FWD 350 without Nav but with all other options. The MSRP is 45,323..the dealer said they could only come off approx $700. The Money Factor was .00230 with a 57% Residual value. For a 36 month lease / 15,000 miles with $4000 down - they quoted me $704 month! This seem too high, right?!? They tried to tell me that my taxes were added in (which I realize are high b/c car will be registered in MO at 8.5%) but I still think they aren't quoting me an honest price....especially with a credit score of over 800 and pre-approval.... Please help!
  • Hi Car Man:

Could you please provide the current money factor and residual on a 2012 Lexus RX350 with navigation for a 2 year lease with 15,000 miles/year. Thanks.
  • Hi smileyrtt. As you suspected, this is not a very good deal. Not only is the selling price that you are being offered high...probably around $2,000 over invoice, but the money factor is being marked up as well. It should be more like .00130, for a Tier 1+ customer, not .00230. I definitely would look for another dealer if I was in your situation.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go cfitz22. Lexus Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 RX 350 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 67%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Car_Man! I thought the numbers were high too so I have checked around. I found a RX350 that MSRP is 49232 and they are offering it to me at $44,000 - .00130 mf and 57% residual...sounds much better! I thought it was interesting that out of 10 dealers I questioned...the mf's ranged from .00130 to .00230! I thought the MF was a standard number across the board....guess not. Quick question - I did get a call today with a dealer in the Midwest offering a MF of .00100 ?!? How is this possible? I thought the best mf right now was .00130
  • Thanks Car Man,

Here are the numbers for an RX350 AWD / w Prem Package and rear seat ENT Package W NAV.

Edmunds Pricing
    Invoice $44095
    MSRP $48755
    Market Value $45518
  • You're very welcome, smileyrtt. Good job, that deal definitely is much better. Banks' buy rate or base money factors are fairly standard, but individual dealers often have the right to mark them up to add additional, hidden, back-end profit to deals.

It's possible that there was some sort of enhancement to this lease program in a certain part of the country, Lexus does have some regional variation. Having said that, incentives are usually based upon where one lives, not where the vehicle is sold. So even if you were to buy from a dealer in an area that had better incentives, you might end up having to use the incentives that are available in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're welcome mhueso. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Lexus RX 350 AWD that has an MSRP of $48,755 and a selling price of $45,518 through Lexus Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down pre-tax monthly payment would be around $614, assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jincajinca Posts: 6
    Car_Man - I am working on a very similar deal right now. I only have Tier 2 credit though so can you give me an estimate on that payment? I am also wondering about the Lexus Loyalty discount. Would that come off the price, say in this example would the price then be $44,518?
    It seems the $ factor is what it is so they can't play games with that correct?
    Also, can you give me any rough guidelines on downpayment and how that changes the monthly payment. I really don't want to go much above $550.
    Thanks very much. Love, love, love reading all your posts.
    Reading through some replies and I am seeing now that the money factor can be manipulated. Can you also tell me realistically (with my marginal credit) what kind of MF and residual percentage I should be expecting? Thanks again.
    Hi - I was told by one dealer that a car I am looking at with another dealer has a lower invoice. He said the car must have been there awhile which doesn't bother me. He said that the invoice would be 2% less. Does this help me in any way other than the fact that the same car is a priced a bit lower at one dealership compared to another?
    Thanks much for any feedback,.
  • mofitmofit Posts: 3
    Hey, Carman! I just started working on a 450h, 10k, 36 month. Do you have numbers for residuals/factors that I should be shooting for? Thanks!
  • bbrainisbbrainis Posts: 3
    Hi CarMan:

I would like to know the MF and Residual for the 2012 Lexus RX for a 10K and 15K 36 Month Lease. It looks like with the Conquest rebate, a negotiated price should be at best around $4500 off MSRP ?
  • Im looking to buy a 2011 Lexus 350, 18,995 miles, price listed is $42,387. Certified Pre-Owned . Efficient 3.5 Liter V-6 engine. dealer is located in Massachusetts. Not sure what the best price would be. Would love some help.

Navigation, one-touch open/close moon roof, HID headlamps, rain-sensing windshield wipers, XM Satellite radio, remote engine start, heated and ventilated front seats, Bluetooth wireless, premium roof rails, backup monitor.

Thanks!
  • rakeshreddyrrakeshreddyr Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    Demo car with 1100 miles
    MSRP $49,360 (with Nav) and AWD incl $875 dest fee

12K miles/Year/36 mos
    Monthly $545 (incl tax - NJ)
    Zero Down towards cap reduction

Is this a good deal? I was also offered a new Rx350 with nav and heated seats(not the entire comfort package) for 529 Including tax for 12kmiles/36months.

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey mofit. According to the latest information that I have seen, Lexus Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RX 450h AWD without entertainment with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • nystarnystar Posts: 26
    Nice deal, may i hve the dealer name? thanks
  • club619club619 Posts: 52
    Just curious if there's a place online that has all of this info. Not that it's not appreciated, because it definitely is, but I feel bad having to come here every month to ask "have the #'s been updated?" if I can look them up myself.

Thanks!
    Russell
  • Freehold Lexus
  • hazmartyhazmarty Posts: 9
    Car Man

I would like to lease a 2012 Lexus RX350 with higher yearly mileage allowances. Can you provide lease rates (money factor/residual) for 15,000 miles, 18,000 miles, and 20,000 miles per year? Thank you.
  • I just leased one (MSRP 44150) with 15k miles and $3000 down for $410 including taxes. It also helped that I had "equity" in my existing lease, which they bought out and applied, but they made this deal before seeing my car, so I'm not sure that mattered.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hello hazmarty. Lexus Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RX 350 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

15000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that LFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • masterjinmasterjin Posts: 5
    edited March 2012
    Recently leased 2012 rx350

RX 350 AWD
    Nav
    Premium
    Vent/heat front seat
    wood trim

MRSP - 47,200
    Nego Price - 42,400

MF - .0013
    RV - 60%

TTF - $1250
    Conquest incentive - $1500

Paying $535 with 0 Down

Dep fee - 392
    Finance fee - 93
    Tax - 44

Had all the numbers broken down before I started finalizing with the Dealer.
    Dealer started with 609 Monthly payment, I showed told him 529 is the right calculation.

we ended up at 535. should have fought extra $6 per month but dealer was really NICE and I didn't fight for it.

overall EXTREMELY satisfied with the new car and with the dealer!!!!!

Thanks everyone for the information!!!!! without I could have not saved much..
  • hazmartyhazmarty Posts: 9
    Thanks Car_man
    That looks pretty much how the dealer quoted it out to me. From 15K miles per year up to 20K miles it looks like the additional miles price out pretty close to $0.19 per mile up front vs. $0.25 per mile at lease-end.
  • What is ttf and conquest incentive?

What state is this in? I am in Florida. I know LFS has different deals in different regions.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.