Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions

Comments

• jalilijalili Posts: 16
    You left out an important fact, how much is the drive-off. You can get a RX for $5 a month if you pre-pay enough.
  • roho1roho1 Posts: 317
    Do you really think they going to give that information in sales flyer?

They low ball a payment and when you show up at the dealership they tell you they just sold the last one at that price but we have these that are a little bit more.
  • detcardetcar Posts: 5
    carman,

do you know how the .0075 and 54% changes if the lease is 36 mo 12k miles? how about 48 month 12k miles? what "extra" should I ask for if we've already got another 450h leased via LFS sitting in our garage??

thanks!
    carman,

I'm thinking about putting a large cap reduction on my rx lease and I'm afraid I don't understand the potential for loss of my large pay down.

lets say the car is 50k and the cap red I give at sale = total depreciation of about 20k, leaving a monthly pmt of say $50. if I total the car the day I get it then I owe Lexus my 30k residual plus 48 months*$50 = $32400 plus I paid them 20k up front. I will have spent a total of 52400. the insurance check to me will be for, say, $45000 for th 1 day old car, and the gap coverage in my remaining lease will cover the 2400 that I still owe. so at the end of the day it looks to me like I'm out 52400 - 2400 - 45000 = 5k not 20k if I total it on day 1.

nobody wants to lose 5k but it's better than 20k plus with the big reduction I get the benefits of less tax, easier way out of the lease, savings on the rental fee part of the lease, and a monthly pmt that is sustainable in case of unemployment.

I'm sure there's a flaw in my analysis somewhere. what m I missing???

thx!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,206
    When you put the $20K cap reduction down, the payoff of the lease is the original CAP cost minus the $20K....

So, the payoff on the car isn't $2400, its more like $30K ($50K cap minus $20K downpayment)....

So, the insurance company gives the bank $30K and gives you the other $15K (totaling the $45K value), and you are out about $5K for driving the car a couple of days...

GAP insurance never comes into play... GAP is only there to pay the lessor, if the value of the car is less than the payoff....

To use the other scenario... if you made ZERO cap cost reduction.. The payoff on the vehicle is $50K..... the insurance company pays the lessor $45K and GAP insurance pays the lessor the other $5K, and you are out nothing extra...

Hope that helps..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi detcar. The money factor for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual value would be 2% higher.

The numbers for a 48-month, 12,000 mile per year lease of a 2013 RX450h would be .00075 and 45% for top tier customers.

Lexus is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck to all customers. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the selling price of your vehicle. I am not aware of any additional special incentives on this model for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi everyone. Sound the trumpets...the first ever Edmunds.com Forums user survey is here. If you have a few seconds please click on the following link and fill it out:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EdmundsForums

Thanks. Have a great day!

Car_man
    Host
    thanks so much! would it be of any interest for your "records" to know that my offer (that I declined!) was 36 months, 56% and .002 basically at "tmv" price and a trade in offer at 48% of black book value. when I asked for th 48 month residual, the sales mgr said " I'm not sure "!!!!!
    You're very welcome detcar. Thanks for the real world example, even if you did turn it down. They're always useful.

Car_man
    Host
  • This site has been very helpful.

I just leased a RX 350 AW for
    msrp 49,915 Selling price 44,415 + 1500 Rebate ($7000 off)
    NJ Tri country Lexus

My lease term is

27 month
    10,000 K miles
    485/month
    1150 with First month payment, Title, reg , doc included

I contact the dealer from their website. They sent me spec sheet, price quote.
    And the internet depart made the purchase super easy and smooth.

No tricks.
    well, great updat... you have been very helpful in this carman! after I rejected the offer in the above post, new offer 3 hrs before closing on last day of month: rx450h msrp 55743 for 52034.68 at .00075 and 45% residual for 48 months with $1650 cash credit at closing. put 20k down(sorry! that's just my style!) and now have a tax inclusive monthly of 210.04

totally satisfied... the residual number and MF were critical in this... they didn't even blink when I put it on the response bid!
  • oldgatoroldgator Posts: 2
    Thanks for your help, Car man. I was wanting to comaore to RX350. We'll stick with the RX350, will send along details of my deal when finalized.
  • Where did you get your GS350 from? Putnam, Pleasanton or somewhere else? Which rep (first name only)?
  • stanleetstanleet Posts: 2
    Hey Car man,

Do you have May residual and MF numbers for a 2013 RX350 FWD (36 mo/12k mi.) in Southern California? I was close to a deal, but now the dealer is telling me that the MF went up to 0.00125 in May, which is a huge jump from the 0.00075 last month. Not sure if he's marked it up or if it really has jumped.

Thanks!
  • cupertinocupertino Posts: 12
    Hi Car man,

Do Lexus dealer have different money factor ?
    It is legal to offer higher money factor ?
  • starbuck23starbuck23 Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Looking to lease 2013 Rx 450h next week. Want the bigger wheels and led lights. Can you help me with what price I should try to get the car for and what residual value and mf I should try to get. Went in this week and they quoted me, without led lights and bigger wheels, 55,490 Sales Price with a residual of 57% 31,629.30. 5,000 down payment was 754.11. 10k down payment was 603.05. No money down payment was 907.25 Also, would give me a 1,500 rebate. Upfront charges 181.00, total cap reduction - 411.75. Didn't ask what the mf was. Looking at a 3yr lease, 10k miles a yr.

Thank you so much for your help,
    Lee
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy NYCPosts: 95
    The Lexus RX350 deals are almost back to where they were in September. I think the only cheaper 1 I had done for someone was about $425 per month. Make note that the national ad for this car by LFS is on a non Navigation car MSRP of $46,800, 10,000 miles per year with a due at signing of $3,439 plus fees, taxes and dealer charges. What are dealer charges? Be an educated buyer and shop thoroughly!

CUSTOMER DISCLOSURE
    Customer Name: Inside Car Buying, LLC WD Deal ID: 451053
    Sale Vehicle: New 2013 LEXUS RX 350 AWD 9424 4dr Wgn w/AC , Automatic , Odom: 0

Payment Details
    Term 27
    Base Payment 446.67
    Total Payment 446.67
    Purchase Option 32,943.90
    MSRP 49,915.00
    Est. Miles Per Year 12,000
    Excess Mileage Charge 0.25

Amount Due at Signing

1st Month Payment 446.67
    Acquisition Fee 700.00
    Fees & Insurance 375.00
    Upfront Taxes 1,057.21
    Total Inception Fees 2,578.88
    Rebate as Cap Reduction 1,500.00
    Total Drive Off 4,078.88

Total Cash Required on Delivery 2,578.88

Tax Information
    Customer State: New York Customer County: WESTCHESTER
    Type Amount Rate Paid
    Cashdown Tax 167.78 7.3750 Upfront
    Upfront Tax 889.43 7.3750 Upfront

Fee Information
    Description Amount Paid
    Reg 277.50 Upfront
    Insp 10.00 Upfront
    Title 12.50 Upfront
    DocFee 75.00 Upfront
    Hi Kingsley;

Do you know if they will ship it over to California ?
  • What is the May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36, 39, 48-month lease of a 2013 RX 350 with 15,000 miles per year ?

What payments are people getting?
    Ready to sign, just want to hear from you guys, is this ok ?

3 yr / 30K miles Lease deal

MSRP 50,675.00
    Residual @ 59%, 29898.25
    MF 0.0011 *2400 = 2.64%
    Sale price 46135.00
    Rebate -1500.00
    Final Sale price 44635.00

Down 500.00
    Monthly Payment 577.82

3yr total Payment 20801.52
  • dennisnkydennisnky Posts: 2
    I'm not sure, but I thought the difference between final sale price and that residual is supposed to be used to figure the lease payment.

If I'm right, then final sales price minus residual, should be the amount that you are basically financing.
    So, 44635-29898 = 14373.
    at 2.64% per year, that would be $415.71 per month.

If I'm wrong, can someone clarify this for me?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,206
    edited May 2013
    That difference is the principal amount you are paying... that's depreciation.

What's financed? The full CAP cost..

So, the finance charges are applied to an average of the CAP cost and residual, not the difference...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• guruunoguruuno Posts: 23
    Can a real world example be given with all the numbers, so it can be used for a 'template' to assist in shopping and pricing and deciding which dealer to go to, which dealer is playing games, which dealer is sincere and wants business, which dealer can play with numbers to get the real world examples!
    It would be extremely helpful if someone (carman?) could use some sort of base guideline with a half a dozen variables to use for examples that are pretty much the standard.
    I'd like to lease a new car, but given the reading of these forums, numbers are thrown in, questions are asked, "is this a good deal, is that a good deal, what should I pay, etc., etc.", and no consistency is available.
    What should be the expectations? Should I go to 4 different dealers, get my offers, post here, go back, ask, haggle, or find the best possible sweet spot with some sort of base calculator that you can plug the variable into. Much like what the finance guys use, right? Can this be done? Can it be provided? It sure would make a LOT of people very happy!
    You're very welcome oldgator.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi stanleet. It looks like the dealer is trying to mark your money factor up.

Lexus Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RX 350 FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00075 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi cupertino. The buy rate lease money factor for a 2013 RX 350 that is leased through Lexus Financial Services right now by someone who has a good credit score is .00075. Lexus dealers are allowed to and often try to mark this factor up to bake additional back-end profit into deals. Savvy consumers who know what this model's money factor should be are often able to get dealers to use the buy rate to calculate their vehicle's payment. You certainly should try to.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,

So how are lease monthly payment calculated ?
  • infinitiluvinfinitiluv Posts: 16
    InsideCarBuy, what are you trying to say? Is the Nav deal better than the current non-Nav national deal?
  • infinitiluvinfinitiluv Posts: 16
    Hi Car_man. I'm looking for a new 2013 RX 350 with Navigation and luxury pkg. I want to lease at either 10K or 12K miles. Can you give me the current MF, other numbers and monthly payment on this vehicle? MSRP is $49,190. Please let me know if it includes the $1500 leasing offer incentive shown here on Edmunds. Thanks for the help!
    Good question cupertino. Edmunds.com has an article on this very subject. Here's a link for your convenience: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.