Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda3 Lease Questions

Comments

• woods77woods77 Posts: 23
    Hey Dan what dealership did you go through for this lease? I live in Central Florida and would be willing to drive down south for a really good deal. Congrats on the new car. I am looking to lease a Mazda3 Hatchback.

Thanks in advance,
    Michelle
  • docmridocmri Posts: 25
    HI Michelle,

I went with Delray Mazda and Bret was the sales person
    Dan
    Thanks Dan. I will check them out and see what I can come up with. I'll keep you posted if things work out. :)
    Hi Car_Man,

This is the car that I would like to lease. I wanted to see what the money factor and residual value for this car was lately. I really want this car with the navigation and 6 CD changer with Bose upgraded sound system. I have $1000 to put and I am looking for primarily a 24 month/24K mile lease. If you could post what the 36 month/36K mile lease figures are as well I would appreciate it too. I did email a dealer and was quoted $414 + tax. He said the MSRP was $24,525. It doesn't sound like he gave me a break. I would like to try to see where he got that number from.

If you have the residual value and money factor for the 5 door sTouring for 24 month/24K mile, I would like those as well. I am thinking I might have to settle for this model.

Any help is definitely much appreciated. ;)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here you go, woods77. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of any 2008 Mazda3 5-Door S with 12,000 miles per year are .00129 and 63%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00197 and 53%. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $250 lease cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thanks Car_Man, but are these number just for the Sport or for the sGrand Touring? I am looking at specifically the sGrand Touring. Thanks in advance.
    No problem, woods77. They're for all Mazda3 5-Door models.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you so much, Car_Man. You are a lifesaver! :shades:
  • bshaf18bshaf18 Posts: 1
    I just leased a 2008 Mazda3i Touring VE, and I want to know how I made out. I was really in a bind (no car, not much money, yadda yadda yadda), so it was basically a one-day deal. I didn't have much leverage in terms of walking away, sleeping on it, chasing down competitors pricing (I did so minimally) or other negotiating tactics, but I gave it my best shot. I'll spare you all of the back and forth, but here are the final terms. Let me know what you all think...

Delray (FL) Mazda:
    2008 Mazda3i Touring VE (5-speed manual)
    MSRP $17,230
    27 months
    12,000 miles
    $850 down out of pocket
    $191.50 (+tax) per month

Any feedback - good, bad or indifferent - would be useful. Thank you in advance.
  • mmenardmmenard Posts: 47
    Hey car_man:

Can you give me an opinion on this lease payment for a Mazda3 s touring with the moonroof package MSRP 21015

Quote: 19216
    $2000 down, 24-month lease, 12k miles/year
    $241/ month including tax.

Thanks,
    mmenard
  • Called up the guy I had talked to at the dealership, told him i was wanting something like follows

5 door Grand Touring with the bose/sunroof
    3yr, 15k/yr
    and i want to write a check for 3000
    23425 is what the sticker says.

he calls me back and quotes 395-415/month
    that just sounds wrong. that's lexus is territory.
  • brandj5brandj5 Posts: 7
    Is Mazda still leasing the '08 Mazda3?

I saw on the Mazda6 forum that they are no longer leasing the '08 Mazda6.

It's getting difficult to find a decent price on the i Touring Value right now because of the popularity of the car due to fuel prices.
  • mmenardmmenard Posts: 47
    I got offered on the mazda3 hatchbacl itouring
    $2000 drive-off
    12000 miles, 36 months

$241/month tax included.
    You're very welcome, woods77.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_Man,

Could you please let me know if the money factor and residual value has changed for July on the Mazda3 i Touring Value Auto? I'm specifically looking for 36 mo / 12K miles per year. The MSRP on the base model is about $18145.

Thanks for your help!
    I was able to answer my own question today at the dealership.

On the Mazda3 i series, the current July money factor for a 36 month / 12000 mi per year lease is .00185. The residual value is 55% of MSRP (deduct 2% for a 15000 mi per year lease).
  • brandi5

Did you happen to come across July MF and residuals for the s Touring?

Car_man, can you confirm if these have changed since you posted them for woods in June? With a second child on the way, we've decided on a 5-door 3 instead on an SUV. I'm excited!
  • Car_man? Any help on above question? I'd really like to know the numbers before going into the dealership at the end of the month.

Looking for MF and residuals for 24 and 36 month lease on s Touring hatch.

I was just quoted. MF=0.00224, and 50% residual for 36 month lease. the MF seems high.
    Hi space_pilot. You're right, the money factor that you were quoted is too high. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Mazda3 s 5-Door with 15,000 miles per year are .00087 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00126 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • benneybbenneyb Posts: 13
    Hi all,

I'm considering leasing a Mazdaspeed 3 as the local dealers have a number of 08's on their lots - lease info seems hard to find though, and expensive.

Does anyone have recent figures?

Thanks in advance.
  • jicbulkjicbulk Posts: 20
    In Jan07 I leased a Mazda3S Touring for 27 months, so my lease is up next April. Is it possible to extend the lease for another 12 months? How would that work?

I know that I could always purchase the car, or roll it into a new lease, but I love the car and it is Phantom Blue Mica - a great color that is no longer available.

-Jicbulk
  • I am new to the process of leasing and/or buying new cars. Just test drove a 3 and friggin love it.

live in San Diego, but have noticed outrageously drastic differences in advertised prices between san diego and neighbors to the north (orange county, LA)....

I am looking to lease a Mazda 3, trim irregardless except that I want power everythign and the 2.3 L engine (the 2.0 is just not enough for me..)

i am looking for a 3 year lease - i actually plan on buying the car at the end, so I don't know if its worth getting the 15k or or the 12k, but im wondering what i should expect in terms of lease offers. I have approximately 1500 to 2k to put down.

also - what are the fees that dealers normally include that can actually be waived and or lowered? I am willing to put down money but would prefer that money be SIMPLY a down payment and not a million fees. Please help me somebody...i am trying to do the right thing here.
    Hi Jicbulk. Banks are often willing to allow consumers to extend their leases for a couple of months, but twelve months is a long time. I suspect that Mazda Credit will not let you extend your lease for that long, but you never know. Give them a call and see what happens. You don't have anything to lose by asking. If you wouldn't mind, stop back and let us know what they say. I'm curious.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings caliguy84. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible and then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. On a Mazda3 in an area that has a decent level of competition, I would not be surprised if you were able to negotiate a selling price that's pretty close to dealer invoice. You can find the invoice price of the exact model that you want by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. The buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '08 Mazda3 i is .00182.

In your post you mentioned that you have $1,500 to $2,000 to use as a down payment on your lease. It actually would be in your best interest not to make any capitalized cost reduction when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments on leases risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled. You would be better off only paying your car's first month's payment, acquisition fee, and security deposit at signing.

Car_man
    Host
  • jayp130jayp130 Posts: 4
    I wanted to get idea if this lease deal is good

16620 MSRP
    36 month lease 15k miles
    2500 down
    8.375 tax here in rockland county ny
    239/month?
  • What is the residual value and money factor on a 5 door 2008/9 MAZDA 3s GT auto for 3yr/36k and 2yr/24k leases? Are there any special incentives currerntly in effect?
  • Hi danny14. Mazda is no longer providing support on the 2008 Mazda3, but it does have a special lease program on the 2009 model. Its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda3s GT 5-Door with 12,000 miles per year are .00260 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 24 month lease are .00081 and 61%. I do not believe that Mazda is currently providing any cash incentives on this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_Man when you say they are not supporting the 2008 models any longer what does that mean? Are the 2009 numbers applied to the 2008 models then???

I'm looking at a 2008 s Touring with Moonroof/6CD/autodim mirror/rear spolier... I'm looking to see what the residual value is on it, as well as the money factor... could you help me out...

Thanks,
    -Jason
  • Hey, new to the forums, but I've narrowed in on purchasing a Mazda3 so I thought I'd post. Here's the lease I'm considering (live in Delaware):

2009 Mazda3 sedan
    Grand Touring
    Black
    Manual
    Sunroof/Bose Package

ZERO down, 12k/36 months
    $20,500
    Residual value is .55 and interest rate is 5.7%
    $380 per month

Any thoughts? I've test driven the car 2x (also driven the Saab 93, Volvo S40, Jetta Wolfsburg & SportWagon, WRX, Audi A3, Mini Clubman) and love it, just all around great car. Reviews don't hurt, everyone seems to rank them at or near the top...

Thanks.
  • Hey Jason. Nope I mean that one can no longer lease an '08 Mazda3 through Mazda Credit. Technically one probably would be able to do so, but its standard lease program for the '08 model would be so bad that they wouldn't want to. If you really want to lease a Mazda3 right now, you would be better off going with a 2009 model, though you might be able to lease an '08 through an independent bank.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.