Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda3 Lease Questions

Comments

• Thanks for the input bomb. Yeah I've seemed to notice the same thing here in PA with the MS3. I will definately look into the other cars you suggested and see what their offers are, thanks again.
  • I just saw that Mazda has offered $1000 in rebate cash on 09 mazdaspeed3's for the month of April. In the fine print it says there are no restrictions on the offer. Can this money be used in a lease? I've been shut down from using rebates in lease negotiations in the past, but if this works, it could lead to a good deal. thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi z2adambomb. Unfortunately, Mazda is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of the 2009 MazdaSpeed3 in April.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jonfra7jonfra7 Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please tell me the residual and money factor for a 3 year lease with 10K miles/year for a 2010 Mazda 3, 5 door touring package?
    Are there any incentives/rebates for 2010 Mazda 3, 5 door leases?

Thanks,
  • ls1momls1mom Posts: 1
    Mazda is running a lease deal for April 09, for $229/month for 36 months, per their main website. The "AT" means automatic transmission, correct? That's what I take it to mean, but we walked into a dealership tonight and they tried to tell us that lease price was on the manual transmission only. I think they are trying to jerk us around. Your thoughts? :confuse:
  • megcm1megcm1 Posts: 2
    Hello,

Can you please provide the current MF and residual for a 3 yr/36 mile lease on a Mazda 3 isport and itourang?

Also as a general question - Is the residual value of a car based on the purchase price or the MSRP? Thanks!
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    Residual is always based on the MSRP
  • gluzgluz Posts: 10
    Car man, would it be possible to get the 10K and 12K miles numbers for 36 month lease on 2009 Mazdaspeed Grand Touring?

Thank you.
  • megcm1megcm1 Posts: 2
    Just wanted to add on with the lease rate I negotiated. I am leasing a 2009 mazda 3 itourang, with auto trans and moonroof/6 disk cd. With 1,500 down I will be paying 225 a month. This is including tax/title/reg. This seems like a pretty good deal me to. It's about 500 below dealer invoice.With the release of the 2010 mazda3, many dealers are anxious to get rid of 2009 models.

Regards,
    Here you go, jonfra7. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3i Touring with 10,000 miles per year are .00262 and a really solid 65%, respectively.

I don't believe that Mazda is currently providing any cash incentives on the '10 Mazda3 (it feels weird writing '10 doesn't it :surprise: )

Car_man
    Host
    You're right, ls1mom. "AT" does mean automatic transmission. The car that Mazda is advertising a lease on is equipped with an automatic transmission. Not only should you be able to negotiate the deal that Mazda is advertising on its website, but I would take it a step further and try to beat it. Manufacturers' official advertised leases usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if you were able to negotiate a lower selling price than the one that was used to arrive at the official payment if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello megcm1. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3i Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00262 and 65%, respectively.

As Kingpc mentioned, vehicles' residual values are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and the MSRPs of any options that are allowed to be residualized.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, gluz. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda3s Sedan Grand Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00121 and 52%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • gluzgluz Posts: 10
    Car Man, thank you very much.

However, I was looking for lease rates for Mazdaspeed3, not the regular Mazda3.

Would you be able to provide those numbers please?

Thank you.
  • olkausolkaus Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

are the money factor and residual value still the same in May?
    Dealers keep saying that it would cost more per moths if I lease it then if I buy. But with a money factor of 0.00121 I get about $60-70 less per month for a 36 mo lease vs. 60 mo financing.
  • sd83srrsd83srr Posts: 7
    I am wondering the same thing about the "May Deals" (if any). I am looking to Lease or Purchase a 2010 Mazda 3 (i or s) in the next couple weeks and I am not finding much info about May (probably because no one has bought any yet in May or hasn't had the chance to post their deals yet). Anyways, if you know the money factor / buy rate for May on the 2010's that would really help. I am trying to compare the difference between leasing or financing to see which would be ideal for my situation. Also, do they do any 15K leases? I am planning on moving to where my round trip work commute will go from 5 miles (max) to 40 miles (max). Uggh! Thanks for your help in advance!
  • jvsajvsa Posts: 3
    Can anyone tell me what the residual and MF are for a 2010 mazda 3 5 door GT with auto trans??
    You're welcome, gluz. Unfortunately, I don't believe that Mazda is currently providing any lease support on the MazdaSpeed3.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi olkaus. The May lease program is a little different than the April lease program was. Mazda's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda3s Sedan Grand Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00083 and 51%, respectively.

Plus Mazda is providing $750 bonus cash on the '09 Mazda3 this month. Make sure to take that cash into account when negotiating your car's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello sd83srr. The May lease program is a little different than the April lease program was. It varies by trim level. You never mentioned exactly which Mazda3 you are interested in, so for now I will have to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different. Mazda's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3i Sport Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00245 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, jvsa. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3 5-Door GT with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00245 and 59%, respectively. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
  • cartunescartunes Posts: 1
    I would love to get anyone's input on my lease deal I recently received. The car I am interested in is a 2010 Mazda3 Grand Touring Automatic Sedan with the Bose/Moonroof package. Its a 36 months lease with 15,000 miles. I was quoted with $2,000 down the payments would be $339/month. What do you guys think? Can I do better?

MSRP:$24,365
    Invoice:$22,749
  • qsylverqsylver Posts: 1
    Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me with Mazda's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3s Sport Sedan with 12,000 miles per year
  • rgebargeba Posts: 4
    The 4-yr lease on my Mazda3s ends in two weeks. I was planning to buy the car because I like it, it's been trouble-free, it's in great shape, and the option price is favorable at $8500. Now I discover that the buyout must be done through the dealer (Mazda Credit tells me that technically the dealer owns the car.)

The dealer is tacking on an outrageous $995 admin. fee on top of a $298 document fee (in addition to the title/registration fee) to sell me the car. I think these fees are unjustifiably high and a pure ripoff. I have read the contract carefully, and I think the dealer is legally allowed to do this by the phrase "plus official fees and taxes" added after the purchase option price.

It may be legal, but it's just plain wrong! The dealer is well aware of the resale value of this car, and I think he wants to make an extra $1,000 from me, or he will happily take the car back and resell it for even more.

Do I have any recourse here, or am I truly hosed for the admin. fees if I want the car?
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    Mazda Credit tells me that technically the dealer owns the car.

I have never heard of such a thing. If this is indeed true Mazda is quite the opposite of any other lease I have seen. In every other lease I have seen the finance company owns the lease, and the selling dealer has zero to do with the car once it is sold. The only thing they do with the car when it comes off lease is store it for Mazda until it is carted off to auction.

I really think you are getting bad information on this. If this were true why are you able to return your car to another dealer if you have moved? Mazda Lease Return

Official fees are governmental fees that you are required to pay like title and registration, not fees that the seller might add on.
    kingpcgeek,
    I have leased several vehicles in my life, and this is the first instance where the dealer is involved to this degree. I did notice at the top of my Lease Agreement, I am listed as the "Lessee", the dealer is listed as "Lessor", and the "Holder" is CAB East LLC. The car is registered to CAB East LLC. The Agreement is a Mazda American Credit document.

I hope I'm getting bad info, but it came from a MAC representative. She said any additional fees to buy the car are between the dealer and me. I plan to call them again to make sure.

I had assumed that "official fees" were related to title and registration, but I'm not sure that is the legal definition.
    Hi qsylver. Mazda's May lease program is scheduled to run through today, June 1st. I will give you the details of that program now. Please feel free to check back with me in a few days for an idea of what the new June program is like.

Mazda's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda3s Sport Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00245 and an outstanding 65%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rgeba. Someone at Mazda actually told you that the dealer owns the car? That doesn't seem right at all. The bank that leased you your vehicle owns it. Having said that, I can see where negotiating a lower end-of-term purchase price might be a little difficult on a Mazda that you leased several years ago.

Mazda used to have its own captive finance company, Mazda Credit. Mazda Credit is no more. Mazda now runs all of its official leases through Chase, but since you leased your Mazda3 several years ago your deal was run through Mazda Credit. It is entirely possible that there isn't enough people left at what once was Mazda's captive finance company to negotiate purchase prices on leased vehicles on an individual basis. Mazda Credit could have laid everyone off and farmed out almost all of the lease return process to Mazda's dealer network. That's one possible explanation for this situation.

Whatever the story is here, over $1,000 in fees for you to purchase your leased vehicle is absolutely nuts. Even if the car was a great deal, I personally would almost feel compelled to walk away from it out of principle. Have you tried visiting another Mazda dealer. You do not have to return your car to the original dealer that you leased it from. Perhaps a different dealer would be more reasonable and only take a couple hundred bucks onto this transaction.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,
    Yes, someone at Mazda Credit did tell me that the dealer owns the car, and yes, you are correct, this is NOT true. I made a few follow-up calls to to the Mazda Credit 800 number, and it seems to me that it is a call center staffed with people with differing amounts of knowledge and savvy. I finally got to someone at Ford Leasing services, and she verified that they (Mazda American Credit) own the car. She also confirmed that the lease buyout had to be done through a dealer, preferably the original leasing dealer. She agreed the amout of the admin. fees sounded unusual. It seemed that it would be OK to try a different dealer.

I am going to call a few dealers today and see what they say. I am a bit concerned that they may want to "protect" the original dealer so that they don't hurt their relationship with them if they need a favor down the road (getting a specific car, etc.).

I also plan to talk to the owner of the original dealer since the sales manager said that only he can make any decision related to fees.

Like you, I am so irritated my these unjustifiable fees that I would rather walk from the buyout rather than give this dealer any more money.
  • nycarguy2nycarguy2 Posts: 2
    Does anyone happen to have the current June residual and money factor for a 36/12 lease on both the S Sport and Grand Touring models?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.