Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda3 Lease Questions

Comments

• -MSRP ($17,955.00)
    -Agreed upon value (Buyout is $12,179.85)
    -transaction costs ($745 – set by Mazda, non-negotiable)
    -Residual factor 67%
    -Money factor .00232
    -pre tax monthly payment. All taxes incl. in payment – this is set by Mn law regarding leases

Terms of lease are 12k miles a year, $0 down, 36mo.

Please help me understand if I am getting a good deal or if I need to continue to bargain. Thank you so much.
  • MSRP ($17,955.00)
    -Agreed upon value (Buyout is $12,179.85)
    -transaction costs ($745 – set by Mazda, non-negotiable)
    -Residual factor 67%
    -Money factor .00232
    -pre tax monthly payment. All taxes incl. in payment – this is set by Mn law regarding leases
  • When you lease a car you are supposed to maintain the car per the manufacturer's specifications. That does not mean you have to have to have the maintenance done by Mazda, just that it is done. In reality the maintenance required in the first 3 years of a new car comes down to oil changes and an occasional tire rotation.

When I have turned leased cars in there was never a discussion of the maintenance done, they just inspected to make sure there was nothing more then normal wear and tear.

Since Chase, not Mazda, is the company you are leasing a new Mazda from there might be different lease turn in criteria.
  • I'm looking for money factors and residuals on 2011 mazda3 touring and sport. Any help?
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, mrbucket.

Mazda's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00232 and 63%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 Mazda3 s Sport Sedan AT are .00232 and 66%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I am looking to lease a 2010 Mazda 3 iTouring Sedan AT with moonroof/bose package. Can you provide me with the mf and residual for a 10,000/36 lease?

Thanks in advance!
  • Hi rolento76. Here's the information that you're looking for. Mazda's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda3 Sedan Touring with 10,000 miles per year are .00158 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Guys, lease is a big no-no these days. Cars holding the value much better. You don't drive out and lose 3 grand anymore. since the internet, people no longer pay outrageous amounts to dealers in the first place. Cars are better and you can keep them longer to drive the cost down.
  • Guys, lease is a big no-no these days.

In your opinion. For the person that gets the itch to get a new car every three years and continually rolls their negative equity into a new loan leasing is the way to go.
  • My wife and I are shopping for a new vehicle lease for the first time. We decided that with the number of vehicles we go through and the number of changes we make that this is the right choice for us. I think we have fair credit after estimating our FICO score at myFICO. (630-680). We are interested in a Mazda3 S sport 4 door or i Touring. My first question is what should I expect if we finance through Chase with our credit as far as money factor? Additionally, I used the Auto Lease calculator and want to know if these are reasonable numbers.
    2011 Mazda3 S Sport Automatic
    Vehicle Sales Price: $19857 (invoice cost and destination fee)
    Sales Tax: $1092 ( I live in WI)
    Title Fee:$298 (not sure if this is correct for my state)
    Cash Rebate:$1871
    Cash Down:$0
    Lease Term:36 months 45000 miles
    Residual value: $14160 (taken from edmunds true cost to own)
    Money factor: .0016
    Acquisition Fees: $0
    Security Deposit: $200 (automatically put in, but would actually be $0)
    Total loan amount:$18644.00
    Payment with tax: $186.77

Am I shooting to high? Thanks!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,328
    I don't know all the real numbers, but I don't see you getting a zero down 15k/yr lease for $186.77. No way. If it was that cheap, Mazda wouldn't be able to keep them on the lots.

The deal i just saw Mazda advertising is $199/mo with zero down. Again, didn't look at details, but my guess is that is for 12k/yr and a base model with auto trans.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• The numbers are my own from doing research and plugging into the edmunds.com lease calculator. Cost was invoice plus destination fee (who wants to pay MSRP?) The biggest unknown factors are the money factor (My FICO is in the 630-650 range) and taxes. I'm looking for an answer as to what I should expect from Chase ( I believe they are the major Mazda financier) as far as credit approval for a zero down lease. The advertised lease is for 42 months and 42000 miles at $199/month. The dealership is offering their own incentives on the i touring automatic (they have 11 in stock) for purchase. I included the same incentives in my figures, since either way it clears their inventory. The invoice price is for the S sport (the model I'd prefer), but I do have numbers I could figure for the i touring if anyone is interested in looking at those.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,718
    edited November 2010
    I was thinking that was a pretty low payment, too..

But, my local Mazda dealer is advertising the 2011 Mazda 3 for $233 down and $159/mo..

1) 42 month lease

2) 10K/year

3) Doesn't give the "due at signing" amount, other than to state there is no security deposit required (so.. is there an acq.fee due? don't know.. Is it $233 due at signing, or $233 + $159?)

4) Obviously a stripped model (includes A/C!)

Now, with the caveat that 42 months is a long time to lease a car.. let's look at worst case.

a) Actual due at signing may be: $233 +$159 +595 (acq.fee) = $987

b) 3% lower residual to bump to 15K/yr mileage allowance (add $600)

c) $233 +$595 +$600 = $1428 / 42 mo. = $34/mo.

d) Total lease cost: $159 + $34 = $193 +tax..

That's still very, very cheap to lease any car at 15K/yr... and, who knows...maybe the acq.fee is included in the ad price.. If so, knock $15/mo off..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

it is cheap... and after you add DMV and tax, you are probably in the $215 range for 42 mos ... but that is still quite a ways from the $187 WITH tax for 36mos the OP stated.

• The dealership that is closest to me is advertising 2011 Mazda3 i sport for $199/month. Zero down sign and drive, no first month's payment. Problem is that they don't have any i sports available, and the terms are take from dealer stock. I then looked at the inventory of i tourings, and the dealership had 17 in stock. Then I looked at the options available, and the s Sport is actually less expensive with a better motor and the options I am looking for, which is how I arrived at the decision for which model I would prefer. Then I looked at what kinds of discounts they were offering and subtracted that amount to arrive at the cost and added the destination fees. Is the way I figured the numbers reasonable? I did find that the money factor is 0.023, not sure for what credit tier. Still looking for that answer. I'll more than likely make a trip to the dealership on Friday, so any additional thoughts are appreciated! Thanks!

http://www.holidaygmcars.com/fond-du-lac-new-2011-mazda-mazda3-vid68956945-1m65

I would want to add fog lights and rear spoiler to this one.

http://www.holidaygmcars.com/fond-du-lac-new-2011-mazda-mazda3-vid69247836-1m71

Option #2 from the same dealership.

http://www.holidaygmcars.com/inventory-results.aspx?standardmake=EQ,Mazda&standa- rdmodel=EQ,MAZDA3&standardtrim=EQ,4dr%20Sdn%20Auto%20s%20Sport&&selectedcat=new&- categories=new,preowned&page=1

The option I based my OP on.
    You lost me here. How is the S cheaper than the i? The only way would be to compare an optioned up i to a base S. However, I'm willing to bet the $199 advertised deal (which is also the national deal I mentioned above) is for a Base i model with auto trans only. i sport auto is $17,555. S sport auto is nearly $3k more.

I don't think those links work as you intended. Both take me to a screen where I'm supposed to choose options.

• Does anyone know the MF and RV for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda3 iSport Automatic with 12,000 miles? THANKS!!!
  • Hi bmack11. According to the latest information that I have seen, Mazda's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda3 i Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00136 and 66%, respectively.

I believe that Mazda is currently providing a $400 cash incentive and waiving the first month's payment on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi i need to lease a mazda 3 2005 year model.. could anyone tell me where to get the beast deals.. ?
  • In month of December (it is now 12/30/10) for model year 2011, 15,000m/yr, and 36 months and for 42 months. please advise soonest. Cannot seem to find anywhere. Mazda 3 s sport AT, sunroof, bose, msrp $21,140. MF, RV?

Happy New Year

Trying to close deal now.
    Thanks
    Rich
  • Hello everyone,

I need some help. I need the figures to be able to negotiate a lease for a mazda 3 grand touring either in NY or NJ. I dont' need more than a 10,000 mile/year lease and I'd like to lease for 36 months only if possible. I'd like to pay no more than $250/month, and not put anything down if possible. I dont' know if this is realistic, but any help would be great. Thanks!
  • bmack11bmack11 Posts: 18
    Thanks Car_man. Do you know if these MF and RV values are the same for January? Is there somewhere online where I can get this info rather than bother you with it? Thanks.
  • No problem bmack11. Mazda's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Mazda3 i Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00102 and 64%, respectively.

I believe that Mazda is currently providing a $400 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • ch48ch48 Posts: 4
    I was quoted $211 per month (including taxes) for a 2011 Mazda3 S 5-door hatchback with their current 42 month, 35,000 mile lease. This is for an automatic 3 S without any of the option packages. Do you think I can do better than that?
  • bmack11bmack11 Posts: 18
    edited January 2011
    How much do you have to put down? Are you comfortable with only 10,000 miles per year? Do the warranties only cover you for 36 months and not 42?

According to Trucar.com, your agreed upon value of the car is a GREAT PRICE if it is less than $19,690 and a GOOD PRICE if it's less than $20,360 (in my area - NJ). How does this compare to what you negotiated?
  • ch48ch48 Posts: 4
    $0 down. 10,000 miles per year is no big deal as I'm going to be about 7500 miles under my mileage limit on my current car for which the lease ends in March.
  • Car_man, I'm looking at the 2011 Mazda3 i Touring 4door.

Could you post the February MF and Residual for 36 and 42month leases @ 12k miles per year?

Thanks
  • Sorry Car_Man but due to the ridiculous weather we have been having in NJ, I still haven't pulled the trigger. Can you give me the same info for February? Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.