Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda3 Lease Questions

Comments

• whackedwhacked Posts: 14
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you please let me know the current Money Factor / Residual for the Mazda 3 iTouring Sedan with the Bose/Moonroof package in the NY area for 12K/36 months?

Thanks for your help as always.
    Mike
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here's the information that you're looking for Mike. Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan with 12,000 miles per year in your area are .00072 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • monty2000monty2000 Posts: 4
    Hey car man- can u check out my post in the VW toureg section

thanks
    Sure, I'll head right over monty2000.

Car_man
    Host
  • kukuchpakukuchpa Posts: 1
    Hi Car-Man,

Can you tell me the money factor and residual for 2012 Mazda 3 i touring Hatchback 10K/42 months in central New York area??

Thanks in advance.
  • dfwguy2dfwguy2 Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    Hi Car Man:

Hoping you could provide residual value and MF for a 2012 Mazda 3i Touring w/ Bose Speakers and Moonroof for a 15k mile/3 year lease. Location is DFW, Texas.

Thanks!
    Hi kukuchpa. Chase's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Mazda 3 i Touring Hatchback with 10,000 miles per year in New York are .00066 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go dfwguy2. Mazda's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan with 15,000 miles per year in Texas are .00112 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Just got today, July 2nd, 36 mo 2012 3i touring with mf .00072 and 58%, 12k mi
  • timmyb2timmyb2 Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

Can you provide the residual value and money factor for a 2012 Mazda 3i Sport 4-door (automatic), with 10k miles per year for 3 years? Located in Boston, Mass.

Thanks,
    Tim
    Greetings Tim. Chase's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Mazda3 i Sport 4-Door with auto and 10,000 miles per year are .00066 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • sentientsentient Posts: 4
    edited July 2012
    I wanted to report back on my experience for the potential benefit of others. I think I got a decent deal, although I'm sure someone out there has pushed even harder. It seems like a good deal to me though and I was happy to sign.

Here are some of the relevant numbers:
    Mazda3 iTouring Automatic
    MSRP: $20,345
    Agreed value of car: $18,833
    Term: 42 months
    Miles: 12K per year
    Residual: 56%
    MF/Interest Rate: 0.00091 or 2.18%

Here are all the other fees I ended up paying. Some are of course nonsense.
    Acquisition: 750
    Sales/Use Tax: 280
    Title/Reg Fees: 250

That should be all the info anyone needs to calculate it out.

Notes:
    -The Acquisition fee is marked up from 595 to 750. I questioned them about it and they fed me a total lie about money down vs no money down leases. They didn't charge me a "dealer doc fee" though, which I'd been expecting. So it's a wash.
    -I don't know where the 280 tax comes from. It seems too low to be the sales tax on the car and too high to be for any of the random fees. This is still a total mystery to me, but I am happy with the end result so I suppose it doesn't matter.
    -My sale price is $18,833 and TMV is $19355. But you should tack onto the agreed price the $150 they bumped the acquisition. So in the end I guess I picked it up for $19K with no other dealer fees.

I let them get away with the Acquisition fee b/c I was happy with the end result and the payment they gave me. I have no idea if they would have gone lower, but this seemed aggressive to me already.

I plan on babying this car and then potentially buying it out and flipping it to clawback some value if it is significantly higher than residual value at lease end. I'll see what is smartest once I get near lease end. I'll probably start investigating a buyout ~32 months in when a few months are still left on the warranty for any potential buyer. If not, I am thrilled to drive it for the 42 months total.
  • tonesterttonestert Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I don't post much at all on here but I just wanted to give potential leaser's my experience with my leased Mazda.
    At around 20,000 miles and just a little over 2 years on my lease for my 2010 Mazda 3 hatch and had to replace the tires and this was after rotating them every 5000 miles. Mazda seems to put crappy tires on thier cars.
    It really sucks to have to pay $500.00 on tires that I will only use for a short time then turn the car in. Bad thing is my previous lease was a VW GTI and I had to replace the tires on that too. Now I thought that was my fault as I did not rotate the tires enough but it seems at Mazda and VW do not put very good tires on thier new vehicles.
    This is the last lease for me as I can't afford to keep wasting money on tires on cars I'm not keeping.
  • autonomousautonomous Posts: 1,769
    It really sucks to have to pay $500.00 on tires that I will only use for a short time then turn the car in.
    Agreed!
  • Hi car_man,

Can you tell me the residual value and money factor for a 2012 Mazda3 i Touring automatic in the Philadelphia area for 42 months/15000k per year?

Also, I may purchase up to an additional 3000 miles upfront. Every dealer I talked to (Mazda, Subaru, Honda, etc) is charging me 10 cents a mile if I buy them upfront. It's 15 cents a mile at the end of contract. 10 cents seems high to me. I read in an article here on edmunds that it should average 5 cents and that's what edmunds lease calculator seems to uses. Considering leases correlate with the used market, I checked the TMV of an '09 mazda3 with 45k and 54k miles. The mileage adjustment came to $207. Divide by 9000 miles and it comes out to 2.3 cents a mile. I think 5 cents is reasonable for both parties. Does anybody have any experience on this matter?
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,150
    edited August 2012
    The TMV? That's not the whole picture, I don't think. An uptick in mileage changes the residual value, and I can pretty much guarantee it is more than $207.

A salesperson once told me that 5k miles adds about $15 to the payment ... or about 10 cents per mile.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• The reason I looked at the TMV was because the residuals try to predict the value of the car at the end of the lease, factoring mileage and age. The dealerships I went to had published residuals to 15k/yr. After that they charge a rate of 10 cents per mile. So I was using the TMV to get an estimate on the value of the car after the additional mileage.

For your example do you mean 5k/yr? Cause if that's the case, assuming 36mo lease, 15*36=540 540/15000=3.6 cents per mile.

Looking at car_man's posts where he provides rates for multiple mileages (735, 737, 750) he states the difference between 36mo 10k->12k at 1% and 12k->15k at 1% as well. 1% of a $20,000 car is $200 which equates to 3.3 cents and 2.2 cents respectively. Say we double the depreciation to 2%. That still puts us at 6.6 to 4.4 cents per mile. Working backwards from 10 cents, for an additional 3k miles per year for 36 months means the cars residual would have to drop 4.5%. That seems too high for an economy car.
  • @ car_man

I forgot a detail, the car I requested the info for is the 4-door sedan. Thanks!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,150
    oh, right. 5k/year.
    i'm so tired today.
    sorry about that.

I'm not sure why they just aren't using a different residual rather than charging per mile ... unless you are going above and beyond. In other words, I think most leases are available up to 18k/yr, but then they have to go per mile above that.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• It would be easier if they'd use a residual for 18k per year. But both the Subaru and Mazda dealer I visited would only quote 15k and then charge for the extra 3k miles. Arguing less than 10 cents shouldn't be too hard, I'm just worried they'll just say the leasing company charges that flat rate and they can't change it. I of course wouldn't be able to verify if that's really the truth.
This discussion has been closed.