Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda3 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi Car Man / Host,

Can you please provide the buy lease money factor and residual value for configuring a lease (I believe they vary according to length of lease terms, so I am open on length) for an '07 Mazda3 S 5-door Touring model?

Thanks!
  • kbill07kbill07 Posts: 17
    What is the cheapest lease payment I can get for 36 months with 0 down. Looking to pay around $200 a month. Is this possible. What can expect to pay for zero down with 12000 miles
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,141
    I'm curious about the current Mazda3i lease deals. Specifically, we'd be interested in a 3i touring automatic 4-door. The advertised deal is $203 with $2199 due for 27 mos at 12k per year. If I'm figuring correctly, it looks like a staggering 76% residual. Can that be right??

What's the MF on this deal?

Thanks.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    I'd be happy to help you out, stoavio. I'm not personally all that familiar with how accurate the specific lease calculator is on Mazda's web site, but in general I have found that for some reason the calculators that manufacturers sites are often not all that accurate.

Let me begin by saying that it is not a good idea to make a large down payment on a leased vehicle. Consumers who make one risk losing it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You can and should lease any car that you want without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction.

I would be happy to use Mazda's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with the selling price of the car that you are interested in. Always remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. For now I will assume that you will be able to negotiate a $500 discount. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan that has an MSRP of $17,810 and a selling price of $17,310 through Mazda Credit right now for 27 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $261.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi stoavio. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00231 and 68%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, glevitt. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 27 month lease of a Mazda3 s Grand Touring Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00231 and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease of this car are .00229 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi what2get07. Mazda's lease program for this car varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 39 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Mazda3 s 5-Door Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00184 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings kbill07. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey qbrozen. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00231 and 68%. So this car's residual value is pretty good, but not quite as good as the one that you came up with.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    So, what am I missing when I look at the advertised deal on Mazda's site?

2007 MAZDA3 i Sport 4-Door $179/Month, 27-Month Lease, $2,179 due at Lease Signing. Includes 1st Month's Payment. Excludes taxes, title and fees. (**)
    (*) The Amount due at Lease Signing is higher in the following states: Connecticut ($2,616); Massachusetts ($2,681); Rhode Island ($2,725); Virginia ($2,441); and West Virginia ($2,452). (**) Dealer participation required. Not all lessees will qualify for lowest payment through Mazda American Credit. Some payments higher, some lower based on residency and other factors. Lessee responsible for excess wear and mileage over 27,000 at $0.15/mile. Total payments of $4,833. Purchase option at lease end for $10,996. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 4/2/07. See participating dealer for qualifications.

According to this, the residual on a mazda3i sport is $10,996. Unless there are hidden options they aren't giving details on, a Mazda3i sport is $14,390. $10,996 is 76.4% of $14,390.(???)

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,597
    MSRP is $16,170 with automatic and air...

I'm guessing that is the car in the ad..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

the numbers certainly work. i wonder why they wouldn't state that in their ad. Oh well.

thanks.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,597
    Yeah... most ads give the MSRP of the vehicle the deal refers to... At least, Honda ads..

On the positive side... they didn't quote a deal for a car that no one would want.. :)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• sdoo25sdoo25 Posts: 25
    I wanted to know what the residual was for a 5-dr touring and a 5-dr sport w/12k miles per year. I see from one of your earlier posts that the money factor for March is 0.00184. What would the money factor increase to if you had tier B or C credit?

Thanks!
  • calvinccalvinc Posts: 11
    I see the deal for the sport model, does that mean there's no deal for the grand touring model? I'm pretty set on a grand touring.

I posted this question on another the honda lease section also...should I negotiate the car price first, w/o mention of a lease? Then, after settling on the price, go for the lease negotiation? Is it even a negotiation or is it basically whatever they tell me? How can I shop around for the lease deal if I'm already set at one dealership for the pricing for the car? Thanks!
  • luke111luke111 Posts: 5
    Hi, I was wondering if anybody can comment on this deal:

No added options
    MSRP $19,910
    Sale price $18,410
    Term 39 months
    Money factor 0.00184
    Redisual 55% - $10,950
    Monthly payment $231
    Upfont charges total $2446:
    - $500 cap reduction
    - $595 acquisition fee
    - $272 tags and registration
    - $231 first monthly payment
    - Paid taxed in advance $848
    not too good.

Just last weekend we picked up one for my brother-in-law. An S touring sedan with moonroof and automatic. MSRP was around $19,800.

27 months, 69% residual. 595 acquisition, 285 DMV, the fees were high at $600, but they gave him $500 more for his trade than it was worth, so that was a wash.

They gave him $3k for his jetta and he put down $200 cash. His payment is $211 with tax included.

Yes, he put down $750 more than your deal, BUT his lease is 12 months shorter and he has a $20 cheaper payment. So your deal just doesn't seem to make sense. I think it mostly has to do with that residual. I mean, 69% after 27 months is better than 55% after 39. Maybe you should ask them to work up a 27 month deal. That is where mazda's incentives lie right now, after all.

• steevosteevo Posts: 330
    Car_Man..do you have the April MF and Residuals for 15,000 per year?
    Thanks!
  • tucci314tucci314 Posts: 2
    I don't really know much about leasing cars, but I'd really like to find a way to get a 2-year lease for this model with the sunroof & 6-CD changer package for somewhere between 200 and 240 a month. Is that possible? What exactly would I have to do to pull it off? Any information people could share with me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    anything is possible with enough money down.

That's the same vehicle my Brother-in-law is now driving for 27 mos at $211 and his down payment was the $3k they gave him for his trade-in.

With zero down, it would be somewhere around $340, i think. If you want $240, you'd have to put down probably somewhere around $2500.

This discussion has been closed.