Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda6 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi slonobus. Here's the info that you're looking for. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda6i Sport Sedan with an automatic transmission and 10,000 miles per year are .00033 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ineed2knowineed2know Posts: 2
    Hello Carman,

I need to know the MF and residual for 48 months lease for both 12k and 15k. I am looking to lease the car asap. And is there any cash rebate or any rebate of such kind. I am in NYC area but willing to travel into parts of NJ.

Thanks.
  • drdjdesidrdjdesi Posts: 1
    Im glad I found this forum, lots of great info!!

I need the MF and residual value, 36 months, 12 miles per year. Im located in Tampa Fl. Any extra advice regarding incentives are appreciated. Lastly, is putting money down an absolute no no?
    Last deal I was "quoted" was 450 a month, 2500 down. Is that any good?
  • icy507icy507 Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man;
    Whats the money factor and residual on 6i Sport for 24 and 36 mths with 15k miles?
    How can I calculate the monthly payments on a zero down lease with that info?
    I got an internet quote for $17584 which seems pretty good.
    Thanks.
    Hi ineed2know. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2009 Mazda6i Grand Touring Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00250 and an atrocious 35%, respectively. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year this car's residual value would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome drdjdesi. I'm glad that you find the information that's available here so helpful. Here's the info that you're looking for. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda6 i Grand Touring Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00034 and 45%, respectively.

Mazda is currently providing an $850 cash incentive on leases of this car in select regions.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the info that you're looking for, icy507. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Mazda61 Sport Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00083 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00034 and 47%.

You can use the forumla that is outlined in the following article to calculate a lease payment using the above information, this car's MSRP, and its selling price: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi, I am looking at an 09 Mazda 6i Touring with the Convenience Pkg and a total sticker of $25030. I currently own a Mazda and am eligible for an additional $1000 discount. I offered $20,500 and was countered with a price of $21,000.
    I want to use the lease special that Mazda is offering on the 6 but I do not know the numbers for Money Factor and Residual. I live in the Midwest Region. Please share the appropriate numbers so that I can make sure I get the best deal, thank you.
    Hi billsbuddie. Here's the information on this car's current lease program that you're looking for. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda6 i Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00034 and 46%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
  • You made the correct assumptions, Car_man, thanks for your help.
    Hooray, I win. You're very welcome billsbuddie.

Car_man
    Host
  • I am looking to lease a 6i Auto w/ moonroof package. Please let me know the Gross Capitalized Cost and Money Factor for a 36 month, 10K miles/year lease.
  • car_man, do you know the residual value and money factor for this lease?
  • I leased a 6i Automatic Grand Touring with Moonroof/Bose package (black on black leather) for 36 months, 10,000 miles/year. Monthly payment $289 and a trade-in valued at $2750. I was also eligible for Owner Loyalty discount. The dealer is in central NJ. Any idea how the deal is? It's a little too late now but just wanted to check. :-)

During the signing of the papers, the dealer sneaked in a $300 fee from Chase to be paid at the end of the lease. I think it was called 'disposition fee'. Is this legit?
    Wow that was quick, gauravgarg. I was about to fill you in on the information that were looking for and you pulled the trigger. Congrats on getting your new Mazda6. Disposition fees are an annoying, yet legitimate part of leasing. Most banks charge them on leased vehicles and $300 is an average fee. Few things are more annoying than having to pay money to give your car back :sick: , but that's how leasing works.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man, what are the current numbers for a 6 i GTA w/moonroof; 15K/yr; for 24mo & 36mo?

I'm in the midwest and have numbers from a dealer leased thru Chase:
    MSRP: $28,240
    Dealer discount: $520 (terrible)
    Mazda Cash rebate: $2,500 (great!)
    MF: .00112 (24) .00051 (36)
    Residual: 47% (24) 42% (36) (these aren't very good)
    Acq Fee: $595 + Disp Fee $150 if paid up front; or $300 on back end

Are the Mazda numbers better than these?
    Thx!
  • mystamimystami Posts: 3
    Hi, I am trying to lease a 2009 Mazda6 i touring with convenience package and remote engine start. I'm looking to put down $3750 and pay no more than $229/month. I want to lease for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year. I live in PA. I'm currently in negotiations with a local dealership for an i sport with remote engine start with the exact same pricing. My question is, do you think it's possible for me to get the i touring I want at this price?

Thanks in advance!
  • mystamimystami Posts: 3
    I also should add that I'm looking to lease within the next 2 weeks and the $1,500 rebate I'm getting is over on Friday. Do you think next month's deals will be better since the 2010s are finally hitting the lots? Is it worth it for me to wait? Also, my credit is decent but not great, about 650-660. This is part of the reason I'm putting so much down, that and significant student loan debt.
    Greetings rocketman27. Mazda no longer operates its own captive finance company. It runs all of its special leases through Chase.

Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Mazda6i GT with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00112 and 49%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00051 and 44%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mystami. I see that you are considering putting $3,750 down on your lease. I personally always advise consumers to put as little money as possible down when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your car's monthly payment will be a little higher, it is much safer to go with a zero down lease.

It is difficult for me to say off of the top of my head whether the payment that you want is attainable. I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the exact model that you are considering for you if you provide me with its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You can find both of these numbers over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site. Let me know what they are and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host