Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda6 Lease Questions

Comments

• romil01romil01 Posts: 75
    I went to a Mazda dealership this morning before they were open. They had a 2014 Mazda6 sitting outside with no sticker on it. It was the Soul Red Metallica color that Mazda has used in almost all the promo photos, and man was that a beautiful car. Easily the best looking midsize sedan available, even when compared to the Fusion or Sonata. I can't wait to go back and test drive one when they are actually on sale and they have more stock to choose from. This one appeared to be loaded from looking inside the window.
  • Car Man, can you help me out? What is the mazda residual and mf at 36 months, 10K per year, for the above car (MSRP $22,520 incl. destination)

Appreciate it, Car Man. Thanks!
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    ref: 340
    Hope you know that these 2013's are going for 4-5k below msrp since the 2014 is now visible at dealerships. time for a deal...
  • Yes, got a quote at $17.4, but can probably do better. Thanks, Pegasus. Lease deal not quite as good. The price in the lease is about $17.8 (before acq and doc).
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Posts: 536
    With the new model hype starting over the 2014 mazda6, I am looking at finding a deal on a 2013 loaded V-6 model. Can you provide the MF and residual % for a standard 12k/year lease on the s Grand Touring model?
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 796
    Mazda has a lease deal showing for each trim level of the 2013 Mazda6. For the 2013 s Grand Touring, it is shown as follows-

$337/mo for 36mos
    $2,127 due at lease signing
    12k miles per year
    Based on MSRP of $30,785
    Includes $2700 Leasing Bonus Cash and $850 Dealer Contribution.
    Residual at lease end- $13,057

I've found a VERY tempting deal on a 2012 Mazda6 at one of the dealers here in metro Atlanta. I went yesterday to check it out and take a test drive...and they let me bring it home for a "48-hour test drive". So I have it until Monday.

It is a 2012 Mazda6 s Grand Touring, Silver/Black, Technology Package & Navigation System- MSRP- $34,390, MY PRICE- $24,499 + Sales Tax! That is $9,891 off MSRP...or 29% off! As of now, I plan on buying it on Monday instead of returning it! =)
  • Hi romil01 Yes, Mazda did just introduce the lease program for the 2014 model a little while ago. Chase's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Mazda6 i Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00168 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Greetings pegasus17. Chase's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Mazda6 S Grand Touring with 12,000 miles per year are .00005 to .00060 (it varies by region) and 49% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $2,700 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi hondaman38. Chase's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Mazda6 i Sport Sedan with an automatic transmission and 10,000 miles per year are .00005 to .00060 (it varies by region) and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $2,700 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey pegasus17. I just answered your post a few seconds ago. Please scroll up for my response. Thanks and have a great day!

Car_man
    Host
  • nvnick1nvnick1 Posts: 9
    Carman -

Can you provide the current MF & residual for the '14 6 Touring here in Indianapolis? That's for a 36 mo, 12k miles/yr lease. Mazda recently announced that they were adding the manual transmission to the Touring car (currently only available in the base Sport model); does your crystal ball know when it will be released??? As always, thanks Carman!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Certainly nvnick1. Chase's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Mazda6 Touring Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00168 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Currently the manual trans is only available on the Sport. I'm not sure when it will be available on the Touring model.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi,

I am getting a 39mo lease (10k mi a year) with $0 down for touring with navigation package for $350 a month. I'm not sure how good of a deal this is...going to check out a couple of other cars but if anyone can tell me if this is a good price, i'd appreciate it.

Thanks1!
  • huskerfan5huskerfan5 Posts: 163
    You need to find out the residual, money factor and capitalized cost of the car as well as any fees included or not included in the capitalized cost. Any reputable dealer will tell you if you ask. You can't comparison shop on monthly lease amounts. You could go to ten dealers and nine give you one price and the tenth gives you a price $100 lower. You think you just got a great deal, but you put the numbers into a calculator and you find out the lowest lease quote actually priced the car out at abover MSRP.
  • Perhaps I am missing something, but what you have stated doesn't make sense. Why should the buyer care if the lowest lease quote actually priced the car out above MSRP? First of all I don't think this is likely, since generally the higher the selling price the higher the lease (generally).

But secondly, the buyer is only concerned with how much money he is putting down and how much the monthly payment will be while meeting the desired terms of the lease (lentth and miles per year).

So if Dealer X is meeting my terms at the lowest monthly lease rate, but on paper the selling price is higher, I don't care if the dealer is making more money on the deal as long as I am paying LESS than at another dealer.
  • will_ksuwill_ksu Posts: 8
    Hi Car_man,
    Would you please provide the leasing information for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport Automatic for zip 66502 in Kansas? This would be for 36 months at 12,000 miles/year. Feature, economy, & price wise, I'm thinking it might be a better deal than a Mazda 3 i Touring HB & wanted to compare.
    Thanks,
    Will_KSU
    You are missing quite a bit and that is the reason a dealer would love to have you walk into their showroom.
    Let's say you saw a car with an MSRP of $26,000 but with a selling price of $25,000 advertised by several dealers. Based on that, you would figure you could probably get the car for under $25,000 but worst case the full $25,000.
    However, you are interested in leasing and visit three dealers. Two quote you $350 a month and the other $340. $325 is in your budget, so after some haggling, you knock it down to $325 a month and go home happy. Now, to calculate a lease payment, you need the residual, money factor, MSRP and selling price of the car. We know the MSRP of this car so let's use some typical residuals and money factors (60% and .00125) to back into the selling price. To get to a $350 monthly payment using these figures, the selling price would be $26,300. The $340 payment means they are selling you the car at MSRP. The $325 payment you bargained for means a selling price $25,500. I walk into any of the dealers, ask what the residual and money factors are and then ask for their lease amount. I put them into my calculator and tell them you are charging me more than the $25,000 advertised price. If I use a selling price of $25,000, the payment would be $312 so they say, oops, we must have made a mistake, of course we will use the $25,000 selling price. So you are happy with the $325 and I'm even happier. They are lots of people out there who would never think of paying MSRP for a car but haven't realized they actually did when they leased their car.
    and since your second point mentions using a down payment, I just want to add that unlike a purchase, where it's a good idea to put down as much as possible, it's the exact opposite with a lease. Should the car be stolen or totalled, you will not get back any of the money paid at inception. Yes, you would be paying a little more in interest but that should be considered really cheap insurance. You put down $5K on a lease to lower your payment by about $150/month and the car is stolen, you are out the $5K.
    Hey will_ksu. I see that you're looking at multiple Mazdas ;).

Chase's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Mazda6 Sport with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00073 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Good luck and let us know which one you decide to go with.

Car_man
    Host
  • will_ksuwill_ksu Posts: 8
    Car_man,
    Thanks so much! It's still up in the air, but factoring in insurance, fuel, monthly payments, and taxes, it looks as though the Mazda6 Sport Auto is extremely comparable to a Mazda3 i Touring Auto HB with Preferred Package. For the Mazda6, fuel economy is comparable, insurance and payments are slightly cheaper, and property taxes are slightly higher. All this for a newer model year with a brand new design with more room and more power and equivalent features. It's definitely going to come down to how each one drives.

I know this month has barely begun, but any chance of guessing how they'll change the rates in May?

Thanks,
    Will_KSU
    You're very welcome will_ksu. It's difficult to say what the May programs will be like at this time.

Car_man
    Host
  • You made a great post and I want to acknowledge that. However, I am very familiar with leasing. I have a spreadsheet in which I enter money factor, residual value, etc and I determine the monthly payments in advance based on what I am looking to pay for the car.

I think I skipped a step when I interpreted your post. I assumed that someone would always calculate the selling price beforehand. So in your scenario, if a dealer comes up $100 less than my calculated payment for the same car with the same equipment as other dealers, then I wouldn't really care how he is getting it done.

That being said, this scenario is unlikely because either I would had miscalculated my numbers terribly wrong or the dealer did. Math is math as much as I hate it. So I would surely double check my figures before committing.

Finally, I have also found that dealer MF and Residual numbers are sometimes different than numbers obtained here. Whether that's lying by the dealer who knows, but sometimes their figures are not te same so their calculations are different. This is assuming top-tier credit.
  • biggbrotherbiggbrother Posts: 42
    edited April 2013
    Car_man I have several questions:

Are these numbers for the 2014 Mazda6 Touring the same for April as March?

Also, could you post the April MF and Residual for a the Touring, 36 months, but with 10K miles per year?

I notice you mentioned Chase, but Mazda's website mentions Mazda Capital Services. Are the numbers the same regardless?

Do you know the acquisition fee for the Mazda6? Is the security deposit the same as the first month's payment?

Thanks!
  • I have been looking at the Sport model and it seems to have everything that I am looking for already standard.

So could you please post the money factor and residual value of a the 2014 Mazda6 Sport Automatic with both 10K and 12K miles?

Thanks!
  • samalisamali Posts: 12
    Very informative stuff here..

I was recently offered on the sport model automatic based on msrp of 23340 ( MSRP on mazdausa.com is 22495...)

15k miles per year, rebate 1000, cash down 1000

total payment 281.31 (includes tax)

Residual 60% 14,004 and net cap cost 22732

Can this deal get better? I'm doing further research, and would appreciate any input
    samali-

Are you aware of the lease 'promo/special' for April on the 2014 Sport AT?

It's a 36-month lease, $1999 due at signing (includes 1st mo & acquisition fees), $229/month (plus taxes, title and fees).

It allows 12k miles per year with $0.15/mile overage. MSRP is $23,290 including destination and payment is based on Cap Cost of $21,515.

Purchase option at end of lease is $14,207. Dealer participation required, as is top-tier credit.

You mention a $1000 rebate, is that the Owner Loyalty Incentive or something else?

I'm not sure if this will help at all or not, but just thought I'd throw it out there....
  • samalisamali Posts: 12
    igozoomzoom,
    I wasn't aware until now. Thank you, for informing me, as it gives me leverage . But, I just got another offer from another dealer who I think may have closed the deal, if everything goes smoothly during the actual purchase.
    257.60 a month w/ 1K downpayment and 1k owner royalty (for anyone w/ a mazda at your address)

based on 21919 (w/ rebate) + 595 acquisition fee.
    Glad I could help! It's actually $1989 due at signing and $219/month in some markets.

But the $257/mo OTD is sounding pretty sweet! What color (interior and exterior) are you getting?
    This is a very vague question, but I’m only looking for a vague, ballpark answer...

I’m helping a friend of the family find a new car before the lease experies on her 2010 Infiniti in a few weeks and she turns it in.

She loves the Mazda6 i Grand Touring and plans to lease again. She is 60-years old, credit score in the 780+ range and owns a Physical Therapy practice that cleared over $200k last year.

Currently, cash flow is a bit of an issue, but it will return to normal in less than two months. She just had some MAJOR unplanned expenditures (over $15k) very recently. So she would like to keep the amount due at lease signing as low as possible.

1- What is the least down payment she could expect to pay on a 36-month lease on a 2014 Mazda6 Grand Touring?

Any chance of $1000 due at signign (which I know typically includes first month payment).

2- What is a ballpark estimate for the monthly payment on a 2014 GT 36-month lease? Is $350 realistic? Or $400/mo?

I just need a very general idea, can I tell her a payment between $300 and $400 is doable?

She is in love with the Mazda6 and so am I. I also have a 2012 CX-9 GT and just gave my nephew my beloved 2006 Mazda3 5-door for his 15th b-day!

If we can’t make the Mazda6 lease work out, Acura is currently running $0 down lease specials on a lot of models. The godawful TL 3.5 ‘Base’ is $390/month for 36mos with $0 down, but a TSX Tech 4-door is also $390 with $0 down.

The TSX SportWagon is $360/mo, same term, $0 down and the TSX ‘Base’ 4-door is $330/mo.

The TSX Wagon would be my (distant) 2nd pick after the Mazda6....

HELP me out guys! I’m just dont’ want to pursue the Mazdat6 any further and get her hopes up if it isn’t financially realistic for her!
    Hey biggbrother. Chase's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Mazda6 Touring with 10,000 miles per year now vary by region. In some areas the money factor is .00073. In other areas it's .00045. If you tell me what state you are in I can tell you what factor is available in your area.

The residual value for this lease would be 59% everywhere.

Mazda Capital Services is just the brand name that Mazda uses for leases that it runs through Chase.

Chase charges a $595 acquisition fee on every Mazda that it leases. I think that you will probably be able to get your vehicle's security deposit waived.

Car_man
    Host