Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda6 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hey mystami. Mazda's special lease program for this model varies by region. It did increase the cash incentives that it is providing on this car for the month of August in certain regions, such as the Northeast and Western. If you let me know what state you are in, I should be able to provide you with an accurate picture of what this vehicle's incentives are like in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mystamimystami Posts: 3
    Hi Car man, thanks for your response. I ended up getting a 2009 i GT with the moonroof/Bose package. I put down the $3750 and am paying $259/mo for 42 months. The dealer got new incentives 3 days before I got it.MSRP was $28,480 with $3210 in incentives. It hurt to do the large down payment, but I'm in love with this car, so I'm not going to complain about it. Plus, once my student loans kick in, the lower monthly payment will work better for me. Thanks again!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    You're welcome, mystami. Thanks for letting us all know how everything turned out. If you'd like, you can hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to tell everyone about your recent dealer experience as well.

Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • Do we have to replace the tire with the exact same brand when returning the car back to the dealer?

For eg: My car has the Michelin pilot tires on them and i need to replace one of them. Should I buy a new michelin tire or can buy bridgestone etc?
  • Bay Area mazda dealers are offering $7,000 MSRP on the remaining 2009 Mazda6 inventory...can they refuse to provide this for a lease?
  • Hi raghavr. You'll have to check with Mazda Credit (I assume that's who you leased your 6 through) to see what their exact policy is on this matter. Many banks that lease vehicles do not require that they be returned with the same brand of tires, but that the tires at least match. If you're only replacing one then you might want to match it to the others. Perhaps you can find a used matching tire that still has enough tread left on it to appease the bank.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man:

Saw this promo on Mazda's site, any idea what the money factor and residuals they are assuming here?

Any one know what the promo would be for a Grand Touring if at all it is applicable?
  • Hello Carman,

Can you please post the MF and Residual for the 2010 Mazda 6i Touring Automatic? This would be for 10k per yr and 36 months. Thank You.
  • Hi rj123456. I am familiar with the advertised lease payment that you mentioned. I believe that Mazda is using a money factor of .00123 and a residual value of 57% to arrive at it.

Mazda is providing lease support on the Grand Touring model as well. Its money factor would be exactly the same, but its 36 month, 12,000 mile per year residual value would be 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello ajpbf7. Mazda's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda6i Touring with an automatic transmission and 10,000 miles per year are .00123 and 59%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_Man,

My wife is looking to lease her next car and I was intrigued by Mazda's $199/month lease deal on the new 6. However, she's accustomed to driving top line trim levels. So having said that, could you please tell me what the MF and residual is on a 2010 Mazda 6 S Grand Touring would be for a 36 month term and 15k miles per year? I don't think I could convince her to drive a 4 cylinder with cloth seats. Nice, huh?

It's down to this or a 2010 Volkswagen CC 2.0t with dsg tranny. Whichever we can get the better deal on.

Thanks!
  • yovoyovo Posts: 1
    Looking to lease a 2010 i Touring Plus for 36 mo, 12k a year. Turning in a leased Volvo at the ended of the month. I want to put no money down. What should I expect to pay? Thanks!
  • HA I had the same problem, kmouradian, but over the years I've finally worn my wife down ;) . Mazda's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda6 s Grand Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00123 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • HI yovo. I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the exact car that you are interested in for you if you provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least its MSRP and invoice price. You can find this information over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man....do you happen to have the november lease numbers for the Mazda 6 (all trim levels)? Looking for 12k mi/year. Thanks!
  • Car_Man

I've been following your great work over the years and now I need your help. I went to make a lease deal and I believe they quoted me just below sticker. Can you please quote residual value and money factor for both models based on 36 and 42 month lease assuming sticker price of $29,140 for the V6 and $26,685 on the V4. 15k miles per year.

Basically, the scenario is that I wish to negotiate the sticker price to somewhere around what I would pay if purchasing. I believe somewhere between $27-28k for the V6 and somewhere between $25,250-25,900 for the V4 are good prices according to what I can find online.

On the V6, assuming a price of $27,750 + dealer doc fee and motor vehicle fee of $720 for a total of $28,470 and putting $1k down, what would you consider a good monthly lease for 36 and 42 month @ 15k annually.

On the V4, assuming a price of $25,750 + fees of $720 for a total of $26,470 and $1k down, what would you consider a good monthly lease rate for 36 and 42 month @15k annually.

Also, am I better waiting until T-giving weekend or the end of the month, or even the latter half of December? My current lease expires Jan 6 and I am considering staying with Accord or trying Altima/Mazda6.

Thanks so much!
  • Hi sprinkler13. Mazda's current 36-month buy rate lease money factor for all 2010 Mazda6 trim levels is .00092.

Its 36-month, 12,000 mile per year residual values are as follows, 56% for the Mazda6i Sport, 55% for the i SV, 56% for the i Touring, 55% for the i Touring Plus, 52% for the s Grand Touring, and 53% for the s Touring Plus.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks jeff7800. With that sort of start to your post, you've got my undivided attention ;).

I see that you are considering doing a 42-month lease. I really wouldn't lease this car for too much longer than its basic warranty coverage of 3 years, 36,000 miles if I was in your situation. It would be beyond annoying to have to pay to fix some sort of issue out of your own pocket before returning your car. Here are the 36 and 39 month numbers.

Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Mazda6 Grand Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00092 and 50%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease of this car are .00105 and 48%.

Let's work up some payments for you and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Mazda6 Grand Touring that has an MSRP of $29,140 and a capitalized cost of $28,470 for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $426. The payment for an otherwise identical 39-month lease would be $416.

If you were to lease a 2010 Mazda6 Grand Touring that has an MSRP of $26,685 and a capitalized cost of $26,470, the 36-month, 15k payment would be around $402. The 39-month payment for this car would be around $392.

I see that you are considering making a $1,000 down payment on your lease. There's nothing wrong with paying a little money at signing to cover things like your first month's payment, security deposit, even the acquisition fee if you really want...but it's not a good idea to make a capitalized cost reduction when leasing. Consumers who make large cap cost reductions on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Mazda's current lease program is scheduled to run through the end of the month. It is difficult to say what its December program will be like at this point. If I had a lease that was scheduled to end in January, I personally would wait until December to lease for two reasons:

1) I would avoid wasting a payment by either turning in my current car early or paying for two vehicles at the same time for a month

and

2) I would not be surprised in the least if Mazda enhanced its incentives in December to make a big push to make its annual sales total look as respectable as possible.

Of course, it is difficult to predict what automakers will do with their future programs with 100% accuracy, but that's what I would do if I was in your situation. Good luck and make sure to let us know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man,

I'm interested to hear if you think Mazda's latest lease offer on the 6i sport is a compelling deal or not. Zero due at signing and $269 a month for 42 months. Does the 42 month term ruin this deal because of it taking it outside of warranty coverage?

Thanks in advance.
  • It depends on which bank you are using, If they are using Mazda Bank it will have a different money factor or rate than Chase for example, specify which Bank they are using when getting quotes