Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda6 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Thanks nelphusmd. Mazda's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Mazda6 Grand Touring with 12,000 miles per year in North Carolina are .00055 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2014 CX-5 Touring AWD are .00043 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi Car_man do you have 10k and 12k mi per year on a Mazda 6 Sport AT in NY? Looking for money factor and residuals.

Thanks in advance!
  • xasthurxasthur Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    got a dealer offer for TOURING with TECH Package. MSRP ~$27,200...lease term is 36mo/10k miles... they want $328/mo with ~$1350 down(tax+1st mo).. is that a good?
    also they offered me $350/mo with the same down payment ~$1350 for the GRAND TOURING MSRP~$30,500.
    TIA
  • gee22gee22 Posts: 82
    If you viewed my post, you will see that I got the GT with MRCC for $360 in April. MRCC adds about $8 so I would be down to $352 without it. Mine would go down about another $12 if I did 10K mile per year so now I'm at $340. If you put the $1,000 for taxes into the lease, your payment would go to $380, so your lease would be $40 more than mine. Assuming the money factor and residual hasn't changed (do you know what they are for May?), then your dealer is making about $1,300 more than mine.
    Absolutely wordsmith419. Chase's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport AT with 12,000 miles per year in New York are .00027 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man, I think you got it wrong for a 12K per year lease. The residual for the GT that I got last month was 60% so 56% for a Sport seemed low to me. I just visited
    http://www.driveamazda.com which is the site for NY/NJ/CT dealers and the Sport Automatic 12K lease has a residual of $13,974 which comes out to a 60% residual.
  • westisbestwestisbest Posts: 5
    CarMan, firstly: Thank You for your time spent helping others!

Secondly, please provide me (and others) Southern California money factor and residual value for 24 and 36 month, 10k and 12k miles, on Mazda 6 Grand Touring.

Love you! Thanks!
  • nelphusmdnelphusmd Posts: 3
    Hey Car_man and company,

any idea what the Doc fees in North Carolina should be? (I'm getting a Mazda6 GT) Also, is Gap Insurance typically listed as a cost on the lease breakdown or automatically included?

Acquisition Fee - 595
    Doc Fee - 489
    GAP - 595
    Title/Lic - 138.10

Appreciate all the help guys!
    Some leases include GAP insurance and on others it's an add on. Leases through Mazda Capital Services (actually Chase) include GAP insurance so the dealer is trying to pull one over on you. I asked the dealer if GAP was included and he said yes (just like my old Subaru lease thru Chase) but you scared me for a second so I called MCS to confirm.

According to truecar.com, average doc fee in NC is $478.
  • shellzshellz Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    Sticker price was $31,190, which included the forward obstruction warning and radar guided cruise control. Dealer also threw in window tint and drove it in from Austin (gratis) since they didn't have one on the lot.

Selling price was $29,568 (which they claim was invoice) less the $1000 owner loyalty (we just bought a CX5 last month). Total due at signing was $400 (first month's payment plus $4.20) for a monthly payment of $395.80, which includes Texas 6.25% car sales tax on the entire value of the car ($1863). Residual was 59%. Money factor was .00055. 12,000 miles a year, 36 months.

If you're in the Houston area, I highly recommend Russell & Smith Mazda. This is the second car I've purchased from them in as many months. For both cars, I negotiated the price over phone and e-mail and just showed up to sign the paperwork, which took all of fifteen minutes. Very painless and almost enjoyable.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 790
    Over Memorial Day weekend, Mazda had some pretty awesome lease specials listed for every trim level of the 2014 Mazda6. The one for the GT was $308/month for 36 months, $2200-ish due at signing, 10k miles per year...how does that compare with what I'd pay if I walked into a dealer today with $2200 in hand (1st payment included) and wanted a 36-month lease with 10k miles per year allowance?
    My deal was in April so it's apples to oranges but I will try to get it down to all apples as best I can. My lease was $360 with only first month payment due at signing for a GT with MRCC/FOW package. If I back out registration and tax, it would be about $332. It was for 12K miles, so I'll assume a 1.5% difference in residual. That would have brought down my paYment to $320 if I did 10K. The MRCC package added about $8 so if take that out, I'm at $312. This deal requires $2,200 due at signing (but check the fine print, it may not include dealer fees). Subtracting the $308 payment leaves about $1,900 and if you did not put in that down payment into the lease, the payment would go up $57 to $365. That's a difference of $53 between this deal and mine adjusted. I figure about $5 of that is due to an increase in the MF from Apr to May so $48 of the $53 relates to dealer profit so ballpark, I think he's making about $1,500 more on this deal than mine. Awesome, but unfortunately, for the dealer :(
    Thanks and you're very welcome westisbest :) . Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 Mazda6 Grand Touring with 12,000 miles per year in California are .00027 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for a 24-month lease of this car would be .00049 and 69%.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    A quick aside about doc fees. Doc fees are junk. They're nothing more than a way for dealers to pad their profit on deals. Before anyone jumps on me for bashing dealers, I'm not. I have the same opinion about destination charges that manufacturers deceptively split out on new vehicle prices.

The price should be the price, without any tricks ad trinkets to make it appear lower than it really is. Look at the doc fee as part of the vehicle's total selling price. It doesn't matter how the fees break down as long as you're getting the vehicle that you want for the lowest total selling price.

Car_man
    Host
  • mbl_carguymbl_carguy Posts: 11
    Was just offered the following (I am in NC):

The MSRP - $25,290 (Touring model, no option packages)
    Sale Price - $24,000
    36 month lease, 10k miles per year
    Money Factor .00085
    Residual 58%
    Due at signing: $334 ($0, only first month payment)
    Monthly Payment: $334

Is this an ok deal? I've seen some slightly lower money factors and though the residual with 10k miles / year would be a little higher, but I'm thinking it's not the worst either? Car_Man, does this line up with the data you have?

Thanks.
  • My reflex blue mica Mazda 6 GT with radar cruise control stickered for $31,290 here is Los Angeles. Dealer had Lo Jack installed already on the car, so the total sticker was 31,885.
    With A+ credit tier, I leased it for 36 month/10k miles with $1385 out of my pocket TOTAL, and my payment is $322.00 a month. Love the car. =]
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 641
    can you share:
    sale price
    residual
    sales tax rate (unless tax was included as part of the $1395)
    money rate
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 790
    I love the Reflex Blue also. Just curious, did you get the Black or Almond interior?
    That residual looks low. My guess is that he is using a third party leasing company where he's making some additional fee rather than using Chase (Mazda Capital Services). Does the $334 include taxes (and if so, how does NC tax leases?), registration, doc fees and lease inception fee. Really can't comment without understanding all the components.
  • Residual value for my Mazda 6 GT, after 36 month with 10k miles annually is 60%, here is SoCal. Sales tax is 9.25% - my $322 payment includes sales tax. Money rate is 0.00027. Sales price was couple of hundred dollars below $30K - don't remember exactly, and don't have docs in front of me. I also get a $1000 loyalty from Mazda because there is another person in the household who's currently leasing Mazda. As long as registering address is the same, one qualifies for this $1000 in loyalty. If not the damn Lo Jack My payment would have been low $300's.

Got at Galpin Mazda