Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda6 Lease Questions

Comments

• Car_man
    I haven't actually ever posted on the forum, however your information I have used in numerous of my previous car purchases. So I wanted to thank you prior to asking this question. What is the residual and money factor on a 2007 Speed6 Grand touring with 15000 miles a year. In addition, what are the current factory incentives being given?
    Thanks,
    Brian
  • Hi teach42. Mazda's current lease program for the Mazda6 isn't bad. Like most manufacturers' advertised lease payments, I suspect that it leaves a little meat on the bone so to speak. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable and chances are that Mazda is not advertising a rock bottom price on this car. If it did, its dealers would be pretty annoyed. Shop around and negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the Mazda6 that you want. Make sure to take the $1,500 lease cash that is currently available on '07 Mazda6 Sedans into account during your negotiations. Then have the dealer that you are working with calculate its lease payment using its buy rate lease money factor. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Mazda6 Sport Value Edition with 12,000 miles per year are .00261 and 64%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi majbabyarm. $8,0000 is a pretty big discount on this car. A base 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 Grand Touring has a spread of $2,300 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to that the $3,750 customer cash and $500 dealer cash that are currently available on this model and there is a total of $6,550 to play with. So it looks like an $8,000 discount is well below dealer invoice. Unfortunately, I don't believe that Mazda Credit is offering leases on 2006 models any longer. As a result, if you want to lease this car you will have to do so through an independent bank, if there are any out there that are still leasing '06 Mazdas. Chances are that you will be better off paying cash for or financing this car than leasing it this late in the model year.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Welcome aboard, Brian. I'm glad that you have found this forum so helpful. Here's the information that you're looking for. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this car for, so for now I will assume that you're interested in a 39 month lease. Let me know if you want something different. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 007 Mazdaspeec6 Grand Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00168 and 49%, respectively. When you negotiate your lease on this car, make sure to take the $2,500 lease cash that is currently available on it into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Car_man,

You've helped me with my last few leases, and I want to extend another big thanks for that!

Currently, I am looking for a lease on a 2007 Mazda 6i Sport Value Edition with a manual transmission. I want a 10.5k mile/yr lease with $0 down, but I'm trying to determine the best term length to go for to get the lowest monthly payment possible. Anything between 27 and 48 months will do.

All I need are money factors and residuals and I can at least spare you the math. I think the 27 mo. numbers are 65% and .00261, but I'm unsure of the longer terms (36, 39, 42, 48?). Do any of these terms have numbers that might make for lower payments?

I also have a question on the lease cash for this car. A local ad (Pittsburgh, PA) last week said $1000 customer cash and $1000 MAC, but you (above) and the Mazda website say the MAC is only $500 for this month. Which is correct?

Sorry to take up so much of your time with all these questions. I greatly appreciate your help.

Many Thanks!
  • Hi Car_man,

We went ahead with the lease. I had the numbers a little wrong. It seems the automatic Mazda 6i VE had a 27 month residual of 65%, but the manual's residual was only 63%.

To bring our monthly payment down a bit, we decided to go with a 48 month lease. The residual was 46% and the MF was .00254. Total rebates on the car came to $1500.

I was also unable to find out anything about an acquisition fee, but it seems there is one for $595 (assuming I wasn't being deceived). I accepted it, in any case.

The purchase price of the car was $16,900 (a pretty good deal, I thought), and with the acquisition fee rolled in, the total came to $238.XX/month (I don't have the # in front of me at the moment) before tax with no money down.

Our up-front costs came to $420 for first month's payment and title fees. I've gotten better lease deals in the past, but I found this one completely satisfactory.

We had a very pleasant experience with Rohrich Mazda (e-mailed them my offer) after getting jerked around at Hamilton Mazda more than I cared to tolerate.

We really like the car a lot. Although we wanted to pay less per month, the Mazda 6 is a lot of car for $16,900.

Best Regards,
    Wagagog
  • dudette3dudette3 Posts: 39
    Hi car_man,
    Do you know if there are any lease incentives on the Mazda 6 right now? I see the $2500 on the mazda speed 6 you mention above, but it is not listed on the incentives and rebates site (perhaps it has expired?). I am interested in the mazda 6 i VE sedan, please let me know if you know of any lease incentives. thanks!
  • rdawgrdawg Posts: 15
    Car_man

With the $3,500 incentive plus $1,000 car show incentive, the dealer advertised price is great, but the dealer takes the incentives off of the sticker price. I always negotiate to buy at or below invoice price. Shouldn't the dealer start below sticker price then subtract the incentives? Can they even go that low?
    I'm looking at an advertised 6i sedan VE for $16,488, which is $4,600 below sticker, but I always figure they leave haggle room on their advertised prices.
    I'm still undecided on whether to buy or lease one.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    You're very welcome, wagagog. Generally speaking, the longer a lease is, the lower its monthly payment will be. Here is the information on this car's current program that you're interested in. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Mada6 i Sport Value Edition with 10,500 miles per year are .00229 and 65%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00193 and 55%. Lastly, the numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00249 and 48%. I believe that Mazda is providing a total of $1,750 lease cash on the '07 Mazda6 Sedan this month.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi dudette3. I'm not sure why the lease cash that is currently available on the 2007 Mazda6 is not listed in the incentives section of Edmunds.com. I believe that in March, Mazda is providing a total of $1,750 lease cash on all 2007 Mazda6 Sedans.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi rdawg. Unfortunately, the customer cash incentives that you mentioned are not compatible with Mazda's special lease program for the Mazda6. Having said this, Mazda is currently providing a special $1,750 lease cash incentive on '07 Mazda6 Sedans. Negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the car that you want and then have the dealer that you are working with subtract this lease cash from that. If I was in the market for this car right now, I would shoot for a selling price of $500 over invoice minus the $1,750, or around $1,250 under invoice. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for this car lately: "Mazda6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi I'm looking at a MazdaSpeed6 Sport. It is a demo w/ 5k mi. $3500 down, $300/mo, 50% residual, 0.0021 on a 39/mo lease @ 10.5k mi/yr. The $300/mo is tax included. Is this a good deal? (PS - they are extending out the warranty and mileage to include the 5k already on it.) Your help/opinion is appreciated. The numbers don't seem to be great, but for this kind of car, the term, and the monthly payment, they fit my needs, so I just wnat to know if it looks good? Thanks
  • mbmanmbman Posts: 5
    I am about to lease a 2007 Mazda 6i Value Ed. 4 door w/wing spoiler. Final negotiated price of the car: $18966.00 + $87(PZEV Emission) + $260 (rear wing spoiler) + $595 (transportation) + $328 (New York Assessment) = $20236.00
    Lease terms are: 10.5K yr for 39 months. money factor 0.00193, residual 55%.Mazda may promotion : - $1750. Aquisition cost reduction $595.
    Monthly payments $228 due at signing $1868.52 consists of tax on total monthly payments $766.94 + tax on $1750 customers cost reduction $150.94 + tax on aquisition cost reduction $51.32 + acquisition cost reduction $595 + 1st month payment $228 + NY Inspection fee,Documentation fee and NY tire fee $67.50 _ tax on the $67.50 which is $5.82 all these makes up $1868.52 at signing.
    residual value is $11852.
    My questions are:
    1. $328 for NY Assesments ?
    2. Residual is 55% of MSRP ? i.e $21550 x55%= $11852 ?
    3. Am I suppose to be paying taxes on all of the above as listed..i.e. my payments, tax on the rebate of $1750, tax on aquisition and the rest as per listed above ??
    What would be the best $ value be to lease a 2007 4 door 6i w/AT, with rear wing spoiler? I am in NY, sales tax 8.625%

I thought I was offered a good deal until I read your forum..

I need to lease this car by April 2 to take advantage of the current promo..unless you have an insight on the next promotion.

12K/36 months is preferred..

SUPER CONFUSED !! HELP !!
  • I helped my friend get a great deal on the Mazda 6s SVE w/AT in OC.

Here is the breakdown of the lease:

MSRP: $23735.00
    Cap cost: $20011.39
    Terms: 39 months (12,000 mi/yr)
    MF: 0.00193
    RV%: 52%
    Down payment: none
    Acquisition fee + CA vehicle license fee: $679.00 (total drive off fee)
    Monthly payment: $259.09 + 7.75% Tax = $279.17

IMHO, I think this is a great deal for a V6 vehicle.
    BTW, the car color was Tungsten gray.

The dealership is called "Surf City Mazda" in Huntington Beach, CA.

I can't guarantee you will get the same deal as I did for a friend.
    PU 2007 Mazda 6i Value Edition, Onyx Black, Black interior, rear wing spoiler,PZEV Emissions plus dealer also included remote start.

MSRP: $21550.00
    Cap cost: $19463.45
    Terms: 39 months (12,000 mi/yr)
    MF: 0.00193
    RV%: 55%
    Down payment: none
    Acquisition fee + NY Registration 2 years + new plates + 1st month payment: $444.50
    Monthly payment: $255.90

I rolled eveything into the monthly payments..
  • steevosteevo Posts: 330
    Nice deal. What dealer did you use? Are you on LI? Did you do this by email or face to face?
    THanks!
    Huntington Mazda, ask for Charlie, the Englishman...straight forward kind of a guy no b.s.
    Hi gto2xturbo. Let be begin by saying that in my opinion $3,500 is way too much money to put down on a lease. I personally always advise consumers not to make any capitalized cost reduction when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing them if their car or truck is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

The money factor that you were quoted looks about right to me, it has since been revised to .00195 for the money of April, but you never mentioned what this car's selling price is. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were financing or paying cash. This is especially true on demo vehicles where you should be getting an additional discount on top of the one that you would normally be able to get on this model. I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you tell me what this car's MSRP and selling price are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello mbman. I am not personally familiar with how sales tax is calculated on leased vehicles in your state, but you may be able to find out more information on this subject by visiting the following sites: New York State Department of Taxation and Finance or New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum