Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda RX-8 Lease Questions

2»

Comments

• Does anyone have the August program?

MF's
    Residual's
    Rebates?

Im looking for an 07 Sport, 6sp man, 36/15k
  • 23109vc23109vc Posts: 218
    I went to my local mazda dealer. test drove a loaded GT 6 speed RX8.

loved it. i really really liked the car. MSRP was around 33k. they said they'd sell at invoice. problem is the lease figures.

residual for a 36 month lease with 12k is 50%.
    MF was .00176
    if you put down 2500 up front. you pay $450/month with tax.

on an S2000 - which comes standared with about what the fullyl oaded RX8 does, you put downt he same 2500, buy at invoice and you're about a full $100 LESS.

i like the RX8 but for $100/month.. i think i'd rather have a convertible.

c;'mon mazda. you need to do something to move these things. if price were the same i might go rx8. not for 100 MORE a month though.
  • neomckneomck Posts: 1
    What are current lease programs on 2008 rx-8?
    Can the dealer use $3000 incentive to bring down the cap cost?
    What is current MF?
    What is residual value of 2008 rx-8 40th Anniversary?

I'm looking for:
    $26,000 cap cost
    .00176 MF
    51% or better on the residual value since it is a 40th Anni version.
    = $390 per month with no money down.

Most dealers still have 2007 rx-8s and 2009s are due in a month or two. I'm thinking they want to get these out as soon as possible.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi neomck. Mazda's lease program for this car varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda RX-8 (I don't believe that Mazda is providing lease support on the '08 model any longer) with 15,000 miles per year are .00140 and 50%, respectively. Mazda is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the '09 RX-8.

You would probably still be able to lease an '08 RX-8, but given Mazda's lack of lease support you would probably have to do so through an independent bank. If you do lease this car through a bank other than Mazda Finance, you would be able to use the $3,000 cash incentive that is currently available on it to reduce its capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi CarMan,

WHats the Res. and MF for a 36 month, 15k miles lease?

Any additional money or incentives on the lease?

Thank you so much, most useful place on the NET! ;)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here I am to save the day, coast2coast :). Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 RX-8 with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 48%, respectively. Mazda is currently providing a $1,750 cash incentive on leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • slockoslocko Posts: 107
    Hi. It's slow around here in lots of these forums. What is the latest on the RX? Any lease incentives? I'm assuming I should be able to get invoice on these right?

Does anyone know of any 2 door 5 seaters besides the Saturn Astra?

Thxs.
  • Hi slocko. Mazda is currently running a special lease on the 2009 RX-8. Its 36 month buy rate lease money factor for this car is .00149 right now. That's equivalent to an interest rate of slightly over 3.5%. In addition to this special lease rate, Mazda is providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this car.

I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the RX-8 right now, but given the current auto market I would not be surprised if you were able to get one for dealer invoice.

Car_man
    Host
2»
This discussion has been closed.