Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• I am considering a one pay lease on a 2006 4matic c280. What should I expect to pay? I know options come into consideration - but - you know, ball park. Thanks in advance. Doc
  • Hello tiks102. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sedan through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00295 and 60%, respectively. If you can lease this car using the aforementioned program and with a selling price that is below dealer invoice you definitely are getting a good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Hi Mike. I assume that the $42,045 price that you mentioned is this car's MSRP. If so, you never mentioned what the selling price of this car is. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what the selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings madmanager1. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sports Sedan through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now for 39 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00295 and 62%, respectively. As you thought, the money factor that you were quoted is a little high - assuming that you qualify for Mercedes-Benz Credit's top credit tier.

As far as the rest of this deal goes, you are only being given a $1,000 discount on a car that has a spread of over $2,000 between its MSRP and invoice price on the base model (this is probably even more with options). You may be able to negotiate a lower selling price than this. I would shop around to see if you can do better. If there is a lack of competition in your area, you may not be able to.

Also, I notice that you are considering making a down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your C-Class would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $1,400 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi alexwalex1. I believe that Mercedes-Benz Credit's base lease acquisition fee is $795 in all states. As a result, it appears as though the dealer that you are working with is marking up this fee by $200 to add a little extra back-end profit to your deal.

Using the numbers that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $32,865 and a selling price of $30,619, I estimate that this car's 39 month, 12,000 mile per year, $1,300 down lease payment should be around $376. So other than the minor acquisition fee mark-up, this looks like a pretty good deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello milldoc. I'd be happy to give you an idea of how much you should expect to pay to lease, or one-pay lease in this instance, the car that you are interested in. However, in order for me to do so I need some additional information from you first, including how long you want to lease it for, how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it, its full MSRP, and an approximate selling price for it. You can find the MSRP of this car by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. You should be able to get an idea of how much you may pay for it by visiting the following discussion: "Mercedes Benz C-Class: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Let me know and I'll tell you how much this lease should cost you.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man, Thanks for your response..I negotiated the price down to $41045 (YES, $42045 was the MSRP)..this is the deal being offered:

Lease: 39 Mos, 15k/year
    Pay approx. $1900 up-front (1st Month payment $569 + DOC $199 + registration for 4 years $322 + acquisition fees $795 + sales tax $48)
    Monthly Payment: $569
    Disposition Fees : $595

What do you think?
    Is the maintenance of the car included in the lease price...I forgot to ask

Thanks in advance. Michael
  • You're very welcome, Michael. A base 2006 C280 Sedan with 4Matic has a spread of around $2,400 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice prices. You are being given a discount of $1,000 on the car that you are interested in. If you are in an area where there is a decent level of competition for your business, i.e several Mercedes dealers, I would not be surprised if you were able to beat this price by a little.

For now, I will estimate what this car's lease payment should be using the prices that you mentioned and Mercedes' actual lease program. According to my calculations, if you were to lease an '06 C280 Sedan with 4Matic with an MSRP of $42,045 and a selling price of $41,045 through Mercedes0Benz Credit right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $549. As you can see, this is a little lower than the payment that you were quoted. Mercedes-Benz made an unscheduled enhancement to its incentives on February 10th. I suspect that your lease was based upon the old program. Make sure the dealer that you're working with uses Mercedes-Benz Credit's current buy rate lease money factor for this model, .00185, to calculate your lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • lacoastlacoast Posts: 4
    Can you tell me what the money factor is for March on a 2006 C230 sedan. Also, what is the bank fee and residual value? Selling price of $31,049

I was quoted 2.8 MF, and $1095 bank fee.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi lacoast. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you are allowed to drive it. Mercedes' most attractive lease term is usually 39 months so for now I will provide you with the info for that term and for a lease with the common mileage allowance of 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. If you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sedan through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00280 and 59%, respectively. MBC's lease acquisition fee is bad, but it's not as bad as the one that you were quoted. Its base fee is currently only $795. It appears as though the dealer that you are working with is marking up this car's fee to add a little hidden profit to your deal. Make sure to insist that you only pay $795.

Car_man
    Host
  • msdavismsdavis Posts: 11
    Dear car guy, Thanks for the help on my vw and my family members vw's. A good friend of mine is intrested in leaseing a mb c230 for 27 or 39 months and we were able to obtain the residuals but unable to confirm that 795 is the acc fee. Every dealer is quoting some variation form 895-1095. What I am also intrested is knowing the base money factors for those terms of 27 and 39 months. Thanks So much. Also is there any manufacturers cash that is combindable with the mb financial special lease?
  • My question is about financing a new car purchase (C280) through MB-Credit, through a dealer in the DC area. I know that during April MB is offering 1.9% for up to 36-months, and 2.9% for 48-months, on new C-class purchases. I brought this up with my salesman, who pretended to act as if this was news to him (over three weeks into the month). He "found" the same information once he looked, however. He said that this was the rate the dealership got the money at, but that I would pay a markup (on 36-months) to somewhere between 3.0% and 4.0%, but that this was still a good rate.

My previous (all non-MB) purchases have been cash, so I don't have experience with manufacturer/dealer financing. Is it customary for dealers to do this sort of thing? Or just with those people that let them get away with it? Or, do I say that I expect the interest rate being offered and promoted by the manufacturer, period? (We haven't talked price yet, but I know this dealership is usually not particularly competitive. It's just the closest to my home, and I don't have the time or energy for a whole lot of shopping around.)

I didn't discuss leasing with the guy, but a lease could be appealing, given decent terms. Does this 1.9% rate on new C-class purchases imply that the money factor would be around 0.000792? That is, do leasing interest rates reflect promotional interest rates on new car purchases?

Thank you all very much.
  • rickshakrickshak Posts: 2
    Dear Car Guy-

Can you please tell me if this looks good?
    MSRP $35435
    Selling price: 32,200 (could be a bit more)
    39 month lease
    15000 miles/year
    FEES:
    1st payment 414.17
    Acquis- $795
    Doc Fee- $150
    Plates- $322
    Something else- $7.50 (cant read the writing)

Total cash downpayment- $3500 leaving a $1811.33 cap reduction..

PAYMENT: $414.17

I did not recall the residual or the lease rate on this and I'm feeling vulnerable as a result. It sounds like a good deal but I would like some verification please. Thanks a million
  • mkundrandamkundranda Posts: 1
    dear car guy;
    Could you please take a look at this and tell me if i have a good deal on this lease.
    C230,Black,Manual trans,sunroof package and heated fron seats.
    39 month lease,15000 miles/yr. Rate is 0.0028 and mnthly payment 465/month, no down payment(only the first month payment,title and tags 1500$)
    Thanks a ton
  • schulhofschulhof Posts: 71
    I got mine in February.

C230 with Auto trans., sunroof package, Granite Grey

39 month lease, I think 12k miles a year. I gave them $2500 and have $417 payments.

Hope this helps.
  • doug30doug30 Posts: 1
    hello car man ,just wanted to tell you that this is the best site ever and i appreciate your help and advice. car buying is a hassle you go in stress free and come out stressed out,but you have made it a lot easiear and fun thanks again.

here is my question .
    i live in maryland am looking to lease a car,i already read all the great advice you have given everyone ,i am just cofused on the down payment part ,i know zero down is what you advice ,does that include taxes and tags. thats all.thanks again in advance
  • prlprl Posts: 10
    Car man,

Would appreciate some advice. I live in northern NJ, so I have been to several dealers. Two dealers had a car in stock that i was interested in and got the following numbers:

2006 C280W4
    Black/Black
    C1: Lighting Package
    C3: Sunroof Package
    Power Driver's Seat and Steering Collum
    CD Changer
    Folding Rear Seat

MSRP: $39,415

They want $539/mo for 27 months with 15,000 miles per year and about $1,800 in inception fees, with no cap cost reduction. There is also the typical $595 turn in fee at the end of the lease.

The other dealership offered $571 a month for the almost the same car except it was Pewter which causes the MSRP to go up slighty for the metallic paint. Also similar inception fees and no cap cost reduction. He said he was already selling the car for ony $500 over invoice. When I called back to tell him that I would probably go with the Black one, he said what if we can match it. I said I'd be in touch becuase I like black better anyway.

This would be my first experience leasing a car since I'm in college, and I'm hesitant to do this since my car is in perfect shape now and I have $0 per month expense on that. I would appreciate any insight you might have!
  • txbelletxbelle Posts: 2
    Can you please post the 27 and 36 mos 10k/year, money factor and residual values for the 2006 C280 for June?
  • whensel1whensel1 Posts: 1
    Car Man-
    I am looking @ leasing a 2006 C-230 Sport Sedan for my girlfriend and I am trying to get the best deal possible. So there is a MB lease offer now for a 27 month lease for $329 per month with $3,624 down payment. Here is my question: What is the best deal that you have heard of anyone recieving for a lease on this model, with as least $ down as possible?
  • juliacjuliac Posts: 1
    I'm interested in leasing a C230 pewter car. 39 month lease, 15K miles per year. MSRP for this car is $34030 (includes sunroof, 7 speed auto transmission & entertainment package). According to Edmunds Invoice for this car with options is $31648. Considering putting $4500 down (low ball on my trade in). Add $795 acquisision. What should my payments be - I've never leased so don't understand lease money factor & residual - thanks so much for your help!
This discussion has been closed.