Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• I was curious how you all were able to get the sales reps to give you quotes over email rather than wasting time on the phone and going in to the dealership. I have sent the dealership requests for quotes for a 2009 C 300, but all i have gotten back are sales calls wherein the sales rep tells me to come in and we can talk about what I am looking for. I don't want to play around, I know what I want and what I want to spend. How can I get the sales rep to give me a quote without the games?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

I don't know if it makes a difference but I am dealing with dealerships in south Florida.

Thanks
  • mbcosmbcos Posts: 19
    sdhlaw, Thats exactly what you have to tell them in your e-mail. I don't have time to play around and I want your best quote now. Be firm just like they are with you when you are in their dealership. Don't be scared to walk away because there are plenty other MB salesman who will sell the car.
    Mandy, after all is said and done, the lease deal on the car is not terrible, although I would prefer to lose that $1,000 additional to the inception fee. Or get the payment down to the $520s. Try Erik at Paramus Mercedes. I think he can help the best. Hope it works out for you.
  • arturobarturob Posts: 25
    Hi All,

I am interested on the following car.

Details-

C350W - $39,000
    775 Iridium Silver - $720
    P02 P02 Premium II Package - $1,350
    057 iPod Integration Kit - $375
    DESTINATION & DELIVERY - $875

TOTAL - $42,320

Here is the offer I got so far:

C350 with P2 package
    Money Factor - 0.00134
    Res - 52% - $22,006
    Vehicle Price: $42,320.00
    MBUSA DISCOUNT: $1,101.00
    Selling Price: $41,219.00

Sales Tax (estimate): + $2,563.13
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $316.00
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $8.50
    Dealer Service Fee: + $599.95

Balance Due (estimate): $44,706.58

I want to lease for 39 months at 12,000 miles a year. The dealer is requesting $3,500 cash due at signing and the monthly lease payment is $599 a month. I don't think this is a good offer yet... any help is appreciated! mbcos?

Please advice.

Thanks a lot!
  • joebeanjoebean Posts: 3
    Picked up a beautiful 09 C350 yesterday in East Bay area, CA. Let me add disclaimer here that yes, I know cap cost reductions = general bad practice. I have my reasons for playing a little with cap reduction and am overall VERY happy with the deal I got. Was looking serious at A4 but MB was able to be more aggressive with pricing.

It's a C350 in palladium silver, black interior with COMMAND/NAV, P2 package and iPod integration kit.

MSRP - $46.310
    Residual - $24,081
    Cap Cost - $41,322

Taxes / Fees - $1,095
    Cap Reduction - $2,825
    Net Cap - $39,591

Base Payment - $461.89
    Plus CA tax of $38.11
    Total monthly = $500
    Total drive off = $4k (obvious including 1st month payment)

This forum was invaluable in the buying process. Thanks to those who share their stories and experience.

This is for 39 month lease with 39k miles.
  • Thanks mbcos for the advice, I will try that approach.
  • lion2122lion2122 Posts: 1
    I shopped around for the Mercedes C 300 4matic. I live in Northern Nj and I got quotes form prestige mercedes in Paramus, Globe mercedes in Fairfeld , and Millinum mercedes in morristown. I must say the person who gave me the best deal is Mike Fumai at globe mercedes. I ended up getting the p1 ,multimedia ,Pano roof and ipod with 3500 down at $455.00 monthly. Granted we could of put alot less down and our payment would of been in the high 4's but we wanted to keep our payment in the low to mid 4's. I spoke to the guy Eric at Prestige mercedes . Yes, he was very nice but he wanted to give me a deal for 3500 down for 489.00 a month But I could only get the p1 package no ipod multimedia or pano roof. So obviously I I took my busness elsewhere.
  • jeff9241jeff9241 Posts: 2
    I just picked up my C300 4-Matic from Rallye Motors in Roslyn NY. What a great deal I got. First of all they paid off all my 6 payments on my 2006 C230 at 485.00 per month. They also of course paid the 595.00 turn in fee. My new car is the sport model with the premium 1 package and i pod kit. I got 15000 miles per year and am paying 499.00 per month. My only upfront fee was the bank and motor vehicle fees. The first month fee was a wash since it was due on the old car the same day---Tax is included in payment ---Don't think u can beat that!
    Hi, not sure if I am too late to weigh in, but I think your deal could be lower. A payment of $599 a month on top of a cap cost reduction of $2000 is not good at all. I know you said that you are putting $3500 down, but about $2000 of that money is just a cap cost reduction and the rest is the registration, bank fee, etc. You are really paying $650 for that car. We are in a recession. You need to be much lower. Are you paying the tax up front? Don't do that either when it can just be in your monthly payment. That way, you can hold onto your money longer. Really, this car should be $1500 out of pocket and in the high 4s or low 5s. The price of the car you want is like the car I got just optioned differently. Forget the residuals and money factor. It is not your job to make sure the dealership makes a good profit on you. Good luck to you.
  • cneffcneff Posts: 65
    well here is where I am with my options - I currently have a CLK which I love but this past winter gave me some 2nd thoughts....anyway MB will buy out the rest of my lease - 5 left at $521 (pretty good anyway for a loaded CLK 350 - 06).

New 09 CLK would be higher with money down - at least that is the deal I'm being offered - now

For a C class
    C300 4matic sport black with black MBtex - P1, Multimedia 12k miles, 39 months, $1,500 to drive off (includes 1st month payment, reg, etc) - we are hovering around $480/mon with tax. Maybe will get pan roof tossed in...they are sweating so it is possible.

North Jersey location

Again love the CLK and I do think it is a step back to a C class but more practical transportation is calling.
  • assameseassamese Posts: 15
    I signed a lease on saturday with Ray Catena. I also shopped with: Contemporary mercedes, Little Silver...My recommendation is to go with Ray Catena, Edison. Here is what I got:

Make/Model : NEW 2009 C300-4matic
    Options:
    P1 package
    iPod Integration

Color: BLACK exterior, BIEGE Interior

LEASE TERMS
    39 months/ 12k miles-per-year
    $475 per month (this will be my monthly payment, including GAP insurance and everything else, NOTHING EXCLUDED)
    NO Downpayment
    $1880 at the time of signing lease (includes everything: taxes, DMV, 1st month's payment, bank fees doc fees, destination fees, whatever)

waived the following on my existing lease:
    - Remaining 2 payments (as of March 28)
    - Disposition fees

The new car will be delivered by March 28
  • arturobarturob Posts: 25
    thanks, mbcos!
    I will continue to negotiate more and let you know the results. So I guess I should only focus on the monthly payment - based on the car I want - and inception fees and forget about residual and money factor?

thanks!
    cneff, that sounds like a nice deal. Good luck with the car if you go for it.
    arturob, yes, forget about these residuals and money factors and blah blah blah at this point. Look at the recent posts from people in this forum. The car is only worth what it will sell/lease for. The last few deals have been really good, even better than the one I got last month. Work off the deals that people got in this forum and compare it to the offer you got from the MB dealership you went to and you can see the large difference. Just go to a different dealer if the one you are at won't work with you because C300s/C350s do not lease for $600 a month, especially with a cap cost reduction. Be firm and don't give in at the car dealership no matter what they tell you. Go to a car dealership and tell them what you want to pay and how much you will pay for it. Good luck.
  • frankb036frankb036 Posts: 22
    You got a nice deal on the c class...I live in NJ too, please let em know the dealership's name
  • boltsfanboltsfan Posts: 18
    jeff9241 - I want the same deal as you got. Nice job!

Any good dealers in San Diego anyone has leased a C300 from recently? I got my current C230 from MB Escondido. Currently have 6 payments left on current lease and want to turn in early. Big "Spring Event" email sent out today from the MB dealership. CA sales tax is going up 1% on April 1st.
  • I need the experts help. I just got the following offer and I would like to know if this is a good deal or should I press for better.
    The car is a 2009 C350 Sport, Silver w/ Black interior and includes the 18" AMG wheels and the Ipod integration Kit. The offer is a lease for 39 months/ 15K miles per year. Here is the break down of the offer:

Vehicle Price: $40,970
    Appearance Protection: $499
    Door Edge Cup Guard: $295
    Preferred Customer Discount: $4,377
    Selling Price $37,387

Sales Tax: $2,324.71
    Tag/Registration Fees:335.00
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: $8.50
    Documentation Fee: $599
    Balance Due: $40,655.16

Cash Due: $1,567

Total Monthly Payment: $564 tax included

So what does everybody think? Is this a good deal? It does appear to be below invoice but, the way the numbers are presented it could be misleading and I end up giving the dealer a lot of profit. Advice? Opinions?

Thanks for all the input.
  • dbmediadbmedia Posts: 1
    I noticed in a previous thread you're located in S Florida. I've just started looking into the C350 or 300. What dealerships have you been talking to? I'm curious to see what you come up with or if you have any other input from your process. In other threads I've read, people claim to be leasing C350s valued at well over 40K for less than 500/month with 0 down. Not sure how that works out or if location has anything to do with it but apparently that's the case.

Thanks
  • cneffcneff Posts: 65
    The dealer is Morristown - still negotiating because I'm finding it really hard to tear myself away from the CLK ;) I like options and that always jumps the price (though still under $500) I've been with Motown for years and leased many cars from them so I'm sure that helps. I know not everyone has had good experiences with them but it has been great for me. I always go to the same sales guy, very up front and low pressure - initials are H.C. if I'm allowed to post that.
  • Hi Guys-

I frequent this forum a lot, and used it extensively when buying a Lexus for my wife a few months ago. I've bought / leased 2 Mercedes (C300 Sport w/NAV & CLK 350 Cabrio) in the last 18 months from Prestige MB in Paramus, NJ. The C300 was delivered a few weeks ago, and I got quotes from most of the dealers in Northern NJ as well as New York State. Morristown MB was very tough to deal with and did not want to negotiate at all. I knew more about the car than any of the salesmen I talked to. I ended up back @ Prestige simply because they had exactly what I wanted (Metallic Silver ext, Black Int w/ Aluminum Trim, NAV) and were willing to negotiate. My salesman was Rob Kant - knows the cars well, no BS'ing, very professional. They're running some great specials on the CLK's right now as well. I highly recommend Prestige, made the process a whole lot easier than it had been with my other car purchases.
This discussion has been closed.