Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Here is how it breaks down.

MSRP 44,135
    Net Selling Price 39,940
    Prepaid Maintenance 769
    Total Sales Price 40,709
    Tire Tax 1.25
    Doc Fee 150
    Trade-in Equity 300
    Cash due at signing $773.95 (1st payment, 1.25 tire tax, $150 doc fee, 15 days of interest on current car which I should get most of it back)

Lease Term 27 months
    Mileage 33,750
    Residual $30,534.72

I am pretty sure they didn't give me the buy rate of .00084 but rather .00125 or something close to that.

Monthly Payment $454.70 + $31.83 sales tax = $486.53

Still sound like a good deal?
  • Hi acura_tl. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 C300 Sedan without 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00084 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for both the Sport and Luxury models are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi Matt. A dealer discount of nearly $3,200 plus the use of the available dealer cash is an excellent selling price for a 2010 C300 Sedan.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi bcvc71_li. The dealer cash is indeed available on leases through Mercedes-Benz Financial.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi mssurrey. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 C300 Sport 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00083 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If I am not mistaken, Mercedes' "Value Added" program enables consumers to use its 36 month numbers for 39 month leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey acura_tl. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 C300 Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00084 and 68%, respectively for consumers who qualify for it stop credit tier.

I believes that Mercedes' "Value Added" program allows the use of its 24 month numbers for 27 month leases.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 2% higher.

The lease program for the '11 C350 is completely different. The numbers for a 24 / 15 lease of it are .00200 and 66%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi bcvc71_li. Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00083 and 57%.

The numbers for the Luxury model are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi claweave. Mercedes is running a couple of other programs on leftover 2010 C's this month in addition to the dealer cash.

One is an $800 cash incentive on leases of them through Mercedes-Benz Financial.

The other is option credits for a free automatic transmission on the 2WD and free 4Matic on the AWD versions of this car.

One should be able to negotiate a substantial discount on a '10 C-Class at this point.

Car_man
    Host
  • ckungckung Posts: 42
    Hi Carman:

In your opinion, b/w the 27 months and 36 months lease, which one has the better deal?

thanks
  • I calculated the monthly payment based on 0.00084 and 12K/year and came up with $434 base payment and $464 including 7% tax.

Although They didn't give you the lowest money factor, That is still a very good deal The good thing in this deal is the $4100 discount. This is very good for a 2011 model. My local dealers are offering only $2500 on this car.
  • Hi ckung. I haven't crunched the numbers for both, but generally speaking, 36 month leases have lower monthly payments than 27 month leases. To take it one step further, a 39 month lease would likely be lower than both of them.

39 months is probably the route that I would go if I was in the market for this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • ckungckung Posts: 42
    Hi Car-Man:

Thank you very much for your input and really appreciated your time.

Following is the vehicle I got:
    2011 MBZ C300 Sport -Auto + Nag
    MSRP: $37645
    Sell: $33672
    Safe Lease: $855
    Maintenance: $769
    Acquisition: $1095
    Gross Cap: $36391
    MF: 0.00093
    % of residual: 70%
    27 months / 12,000miles per yr.
    Monthly Payment: $450.80

The questions I have are:

1) Is it worth to get the “safe lease” during the lease term? According to the finance manager that MBZ is very detail and strict on the lease return vehicle, is it true?
    2) I tried to negotiated down the acquisition fee, nevertheless, the dealer stated that every dealer adds up $300 in the acquisition, if not, the fee would add in some other catalogues, is it the fact?
    3) Do you think it’s a good deal overall?

Thank you very much
  • acquisition fee is for MBF is $795, dont pay more, its just additional profit.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    A reporter is hoping to talk with a new Mercedes C-Class owner, as well as anyone who recently bought a new Mercedes after having owned Lexus models in the past. Thanks for sending your contact information to pr@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, October 12, 2010.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Can someone please post the October lease rates for a 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic 36 month / 15,000 mile lease? Thanks very much!

-B
  • You're very welcome ckung. I personally have leased Mercedes vehicles in the past and haven't found MB Financial to be unreasonable when evaluating the end-of-term condition of vehicles. I definitely would not get the $850 wear and tear coverage if I was leasing one.

While some Mercedes dealers certainly mark up MB Finance's $795 base acquisition fee, I wouldn't say that all dealers do. I really don't think that the mark up is that big a deal on this particular lease because you are getting a very substantial dealer discount on this car's selling price. If they were't marking your acquisition fee up, they might try to charge you $300 more for the car.

The money factor that the dealer quoted you is a little on the high side though. MB Finance's October buy rate for a 2011 C300 is only .00016 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers. Try to get the dealer to use this factor to calculate your car's payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'd be happy to help you out, bcvc71_li.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 C300 Sport 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00114 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 model are .00240 and 53%.

When negotiating your deal on the 2010 model, make sure to take the $4,300 dealer cash incentive and free 4Matic option that Mercedes is currently providing on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • I have found a silver C-300 with 7 Spd Auto, wood trim, IPod integration and Sirius. MSRP $37,380 marked down $9000 from MSRP.

They claim there are no longer any financing incentives from MB and the cheapest lease payment they can do with $800 down is $473/month. They claim that with $3200 down they van lease me a 2011 MSRP $38350 for $349/ month for 27 months.

Are there in fact any purchase or lease incentives remaining on 2010s?

I find it hard to believe that a 2010 with a sales price of $28,380 is $124/month more than a 2011 with a sales price of $38,350!

Any advice? What should the money factor and residuals be for a 2010 lease anywhere betwen 24-39 months for an individual with an 820 FICO score?

Thanks in Advance!

Beachlife.
  • Beachlife - I'm not sure from your post whether the $473/month is offered as a financed purchase (you use the word financing) or as a lease payment. I've been researching 2010's for the past month and I'm not aware of any financing specials for the 2010's. There are, however, the $4,300 marketing support and $2,010 cash to customer rebate for 4Matics, which can be used for either a purchase or a lease (to reduce the capitalized cost/selling price).

With regard to leasing, as Car Man posted above, the 2010 C300 4Matics presently have a 53% residual and 0.00240 money factor for a 36 month/15,000 miles per year lease (the lease rates were the same for base models and 4Matics in September; I don't know about the base model rates in October though). Those numbers are good through the end of the month. With a 820 FICO score, you should definitely qualify for that lease rate and, according to my calculations (assuming the lease rate for your base model is the same as for a 4Matic), the monthly payment should be $354/month for the vehicle you describe exclusive of taxes, title, and license costs, and dealer doc fees.

Obviously, if you are financing a purchase, that monthly payment will be much higher and will depend on the interest rate offered by the financing company you go with (e.g. a $27,500 loan for 5 years at a 2.99%/year interest rate is $494/month).

Ask Car Man if you wish to confirm the 2010 base C300 lease rates this month.

I hope this helps.
  • Thanks for the info! Yes I was talking about lease rates. Are 24-27 month leases available on 2010s? I was looking for a 10k-12k mile 24-27 month lease and was interested in the numbers for that. I would love to get a 4matic but this was the only 2010 I could find here in SoCal. I don't think 4MATICS are as popular here in Socal.

Anyone know what the residual and money factor are for a 36-39 month lease on a 2010 Sport 300 for a 10k-12k mile lease? Can that $300 be used toward cap reduction?

Thanks Again
  • Sorry I meant $4300 toward cap reduction.

Thanks!
  • tixmantixman Posts: 1
    2011 C300 Sport with Nav and Sat Radio
    Cap Cost is 43,000
    Residual is 70%
    Term is 27mo w/ 12k miles per year.
    Zero Down

They are asking 684/mo

What incentives do they currently have to bring down the cap cost?

We currently lease a 2009 C300 equipped the same with a cap cost of 45,795 w/ 15k per year over 39 mo. MB provided a 7909 Cap Reduction. Payments 578 per mo.

There is a big difference here.... I am confused.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    A reporter wants to talk with someone who is deciding between a new Lexus, BMW and/or Mercedes. Please email pr@edmunds.com asap with your daytime contact info, your city and state, and the vehicle models currently under your consideration.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• epl1epl1 Posts: 4
    Car_Man,

Can you provide the November MF and residual for the '11 C300 Sport 4Matic with 12K miles for 27 and 36 months? Thanks.
  • I;d be happy to help you out, epl1.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2011 C300 Sport 4Matic with 12,000 miles per year are .00114 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00114 and 59%.

Car_man
    Host
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    edited November 2010
    Hey car_man, got a question.

An editorial in Automotive News mentioned M-B was offering a $300/month lease on the C-class. They didn't specify which year or the terms, though.

Base models start at $33.9k or so, is that figure possible with current incentives?

I'm assuming a 39-month lease on a base model, 10k miles/year, would be most likely to reach that number, is that payment realistic or would it have to be with a huge down payment?
  • hull22hull22 Posts: 28
    I almost leased a 2011 C300 Sport with Premium 1, Burl walnut wood, ipod adapter and heated seats. Somehow their monthly payment came out a bit different than I calculated using my iphone lease calc program(as well as online lease calculators).

Here are the numbers:
    MSRP 39805
    Selling price 37916(USAA price for invoice+500)
    Cap cost reduction in the form of USAA$1500 incentive
    MF 0.00116(had to fight for this)
    residual for 27month lease 68%(using 24mo numbers)
    all taxes and fees upfront

They quoted my 460-something a month. I'm calculating 420/month. I thought they mistakenly gave me the 24month lease numbers instead, which is 463, but they insist that they are not.

What am I missing here?
  • When you say "all taxes and fees upfront", are you including the $795 acquisition fee? They usually roll that into the lease, which would increase the payments by $30 or so per month.
  • hull22hull22 Posts: 28
    I don't remember if they factored that in. That would only increase the monthly to $450, but the quote is still int he 460s. I guess I'll have to pin them down on the cap cost and residual tomorrow
  • Did you factor in the Doc fees, Bank fee, lic fees, etc...? That could be where the difference lies.
This discussion has been closed.