Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• c 300 2009 actual msrp was 39910. sold at 34,155 I believe. I actually put 2800 down after all said and done and paid 437 a month. It was a sport premium one with i pod and wood trim
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi luvdeals. Mercedes-Benz Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 C300 Luxury 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00198 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi ursus. I'm not sure why dealers quoted you a higher dealer invoice price than the ones that are listed here. Chances are that the dealers are including some sort of charge or charges in their version of the car's invoice. I wouldn't worry too much about the difference. You know what this car's true invoice price is. Use it to determine approximately how much you want to pay for it right now. Then comparison shop with a few dealers and go with the one that offers you the lowest total selling price. $2,000 under dealer invoice is an excellent selling price for a leased 2009 C300.

Car_man
    Host
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Posts: 854
    The correct invoice price is the one the dealer gets from Mercedes-Benz. It includes the IRG (Regional Adv) charge, which is part of the dealers cost. This charge ranges from $300 to $600 roughly, and will vary depending on geographical area. Edmunds does have a clickable link explaning these charges, but most folks don't bother to check, and it doesn't give you the amount. So you can't rely on Edmunds to give you the true exact invoice price. It will get you close, however.
  • Car Man,

I am looking into an 09 C300 4matic Sport is with an MSRP of 42205 and selling price of 36759. Could you please tell me the MF and residual for a 36/39 month lease with 10 and 12k a year please?

Thanks!
  • Actually, it seems that there aren't any more 09's. Could I please have the info on a 2010 c300 4matic with 10 and 12k miles a year for 36/39 months?

Thanks!!
  • What dealer did you buy your c300 from and who was the salesman? I live in NYC.

Thanks for your help!
  • Hi jwilliams2. The fact that something is a real cost to dealers doesn't make it part of a vehicle's invoice price. You don't see dealers charge fees for a myriad of things that are real costs to them, such as their power bill, their floorplan interest, etc... The invoice price is the invoice price and the dealer has to sell a vehicle for enough over that price to cover its expenses, including advertising charges. We're splitting hairs here anyhow.

The bottom line is that consumers should look up the invoice price of the car that they want, subtract any available cash incentives, add a little to that and then start comparison shopping with a few dealers in there area, going with the one that offers them the lowest total price.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey christina271. Here's the information that you're looking for. Unfortunately, Mercedes isn't providing lease support on the 2009 C300 any longer. You can still lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial's, but if you do so you will have to use its standard lease program...which is not very attractive. Its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 C300 4Matic Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00395 and 53%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Even though Mercedes isn't providing lease support on the '09 C300 4Matic, it does have $3,000 dealer cash on it right now. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your deal.

If you really want to lease, you probably would be better off going with a 2010 model. MBF's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for an equivalent '10 model would be .00163 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • HA, I see that you changed your mind and went with the '10 like I suggested, christina271. Please see my previous post for this car's current program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man. Sorry, but you are totally wrong on this. The IRG charge is on the actual dealers invoice that he pays to MB. At the dealer I deal with, the charge is $500 per car. So the dealers invoice price is $500 higher than what Edmunds shows. You may think that $500 is "splitting hairs", but then your advice to "add a little" to the invoice can actually result in a price that is below the dealers actual invoice.

I realize this is of no big concern to the fine folks at Edmunds. But it makes a huge difference to the dealership and its sales team. Edmunds should strive to offer accurate information, and brushing aside facts hurts your credibility, and furthers misunderstandings to the consumer.

And your comment about "power bills, floorplan", etc it totally off the wall. Don't know where you came up with that. You need to get your facts straight if you are going to pose as an authoritative voice of Edmunds. Otherwise, you are simply misleading people.
  • I am looking to lease a 2010 c300 sport. Currently MBUSA.com is adverting a special lease offer of $399/month for 36 months with $4,844 due at signing. This includes 10k miles per year, automatic transmission and premium package.

I am interested in getting this lease, but either eliminating the premium package or substituting other options.

Can the Mercedes special lease offers be modified?

I am hoping that by eliminating the premium package i can either reduce my monthly payment or down payment.

Please Advise...thanks in advance
  • billmvbillmv Posts: 142
    jwilliams2.....I don't understand what you mean by your statement that CarMan's comment "about "power bills, floorplan", etc it totally off the wall" Could you please elaborate on that?
  • Hi Billmv, the discussion had to do with why the dealers invoice is higher than the numbers on Edmunds. Car_man is simply mistaken when he assumes IRG is not included in the MB invoice to the dealer. The numbers shown on Edmunds are understated, which leads to questions like that posted by ursus.

Edmunds does have a clickable link under their "National Base Price" explaining IRG or ADV, but most folks don't bother reading it.

Power bills and floorplan simply have nothing to do with it, and weren't pertinent to the conversation.

Thanks.......
  • I just leased a 2009 C 300 Sport White w/ MM + P2 + Ipod + Amg wheels .. MSRP of $44,XXX . I got it for $38.5k 10k miles 39 mo lease .. payment is $435+tax. No cap cost buy down.. about $2k drive off that included 1st pay+ title/lic + bank fee.

how did I do?
  • A reporter is looking to interview a consumer who passed on purchasing a Cadillac because there was no attractive lease option. Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Wednesday, September 16, 2009.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• looking to lease a c300 sprt 4matic p2, mm blk ext/int 36 mth/12k 0 cap cost reduction whats a good price i can expect to get?
  • Scottamc....That sounds like a pretty good deal...What was your money factor and residual? Do you know that the residual would be for 36mo/10K for 2009 C300 Sport?
  • Need September's MF and residual value for 2009 C300 Sport for 36mo/10k?
  • I was just offered this deal after going into the dealership last night.

Note I am going to speak with them in a bit regarding the exact details so will update it when I get back.

MSRP
    minus Margin in Car (I would think margin in MSRP - Invoice, so at invoice)
    Addition 4k off for selling price

Lease rate of 233 (employee lease rate?)

What do you guys think?

Residual 55% on 36 mo
This discussion has been closed.