Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• sgtslatesgtslate Posts: 16
    Well it is usually not reccomended that you trade or put down alot on a lease. If you drive the new leased car off the lot and total it in in an accident the lease will get paid off but you just lost the entire trade or big deposit.

Money factor is the rate of interest charged for the duration of the lease. The lower the money factor the less interest. Multiply the money factor by 2400 and that is you %intrest charged for the lease. The residual value is how much the car is worth at the end of the lease. Once again, the higher the residual, the less you should have to pay since you are only paying for the difference btween residual cost and new cost plus the intrest rate.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Thanks doug30. When I advise consumers not to make any down payment when leasing, I mean not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction. There's nothing wrong with paying your vehicle's first month's payment, security deposit, acquisition fee, or even taxes at lease signing. If you want to lower the money that you have to pay at signing, you can always roll the acquisition fee into your vehicle's cap cost and most states allow consumers to do so with tax as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Greetings prl. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You never mentioned the specific selling prices of the cars that you are interested in, other then the fact that you are getting them for $500 over invoice. $500 over is a very good deal. It still would be helpful to know these cars' exact selling prices. The selling prices would enable me to use Mercedes-Benz Credit's actual lease program to estimate what their monthly payments should be. Doing this would enable us to see if the dealers that you are working with are trying to add any hidden back-end profit to these deals by marking up their money factors. Let me know and I'll run these cars' payments using their base lease programs for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Here you go, txbelle. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C280 Sedan through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00160 and 60%, respectively. I have not seen this car's 27 month lease program, but I can give you info on its 24 or 30 month programs if you would like.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi whensel1. The easiest way to get a good deal on this car is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible and then have the dealer that gives you that price calculate your car's lease payment using Mercedes-Benz Credit's buy rate lease money factor. I have seen consumers get C-Classes for $500 over invoice recently. That's probably a good target price to shoot for, but stop by the following discussion for additional feedback on how much you should pay for this car right now: "Mercedes Benz C-Class: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Mercedes-Benz Credit's current buy rate money factor for a 27 month lease of an '06 C230 Sport Sedan should be .00240. Once you know this car's MSRP and approximate selling price, I'd be happy to estimate what its monthly payment should be for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi juliac. You would be much better off having the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for your trade than using rhe proceeds from it as a capitalized cost reduction for your lease. Making such a large down payment puts you at risk of losing this money if your car is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Since you have never leased before, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. It is much easier for dealers to take advantage of consumers who don't understand how leasing works.

Your monthly payment for this car will depend upon its selling price. For now, let's assume that you can get it for $500 over invoice. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sedan with an MSRP of $34,030 and a selling price of $32,148 through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $435. This assumes that you pay a security deposit and acquisition fee at lease signing and qualify for Mercedes-Benz Credit's top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • ed108ed108 Posts: 34
    Hi there,

I too am looking at this lease. As advertized by MB it is $329 a month for 27 months with 10K a year on MSRP of $32,185 with $2500 down, and $795 aquisition.

Is is realistic to aim for the $329 monthly payment but with $0 down and 12K miles per year?

Thanks.
  • allycarallycar Posts: 2
    I received a quote at the Benz dealership of: My car trade in (valued at $1750) + 1350 at signing. The monthly payments will be 358.00 for 27 months and 10,000 miles/year. Is this a good deal? I'm brand new to leasing. All help is appreciated!!
  • juanito1juanito1 Posts: 15
    Carman:
    Could you help us with the base MF and residual for a 2006 C230 Sport. I did a quick back of the envelope calculation for a 27mth/10K per yr lease but wanna see what you come up with. I want to recalculate with no downpayment so i need the true MF and residual. Also, will MBUSA accept extra SD's in lieu of down payment which would further reduce the MF? How much would each SD reduce the MF?

MSRP: $32185
    Sell: $30912
    Additional costs: $795 acq fee + $329 first payment
    Down: $2500
    Residual: 71% (???)
    MF: .00156 or 3.7% (????)
    Taxes: 7.75%
    I come up with $329 + $26 tax /mth
  • allycarallycar Posts: 2
    Thanks for your response. This is exactly why I need your help, as I do not even know what you're referring to when you say "MF" and "SD." Please get back to me on this. Thanks again.
    Dealer told me 71% Residual for 10,000 miles a year and 70% for 12,000 and the MF he "thought" was .0024 which seems kind of high for a lease special.

Still trying to work out a better deal myself. Last day of the month today, he may be motivated.
    The advertized lease is $2500 down and $329 a month. What they're offering you is $3100 (trade and money)and $358 a month. Doesn't sound all that good to me....my two cents.
    Yeah, the .0024 seems kinda high. I'm gonna stop in today too. THey have so many in stock and each week there seems to be more on the lot....something has got to give. Good luck! Let me know what you work out.
  • coastal3coastal3 Posts: 1
    Car Man - Could you tell me if this is a good deal on a one pay lease offered from a N. New Jersey dealer.

New 2006
    On pay lease
    24 months (he said 27 months would be more expensive)
    $15,750.00 one pay amount
    18,000 miles
    June program
    Black (non-met)/black
    sunroof pkg
    sat radio
    6 cd changer

We were talking about a $36,000 or so price on the car
    The one-pay seems high to me now.
    I left a 500.00 deposit

Your prompt advice is appreciated. Thanks!
  • carguru7carguru7 Posts: 3
    I just leased a 2006 C280 AWD. I shopped around and got quotes from atleast 4 to 5 dealers. I explored options for both 27 and 39 months lease. I went with 39 month lease since MD State calculates taxes on selling price of vehicle (instead of lease payments). I have only had the car for couple days but I am very pleased with the deal and the car. Details of best quote:

Pewter with Stone interior, Sun roof, Sat radio & 15 K miles / year. I had to sacrifice CD changer and memory seats to get this deal.

27 month lease
    $6000 down includes everything (down payment, acq. fee, 1st month, tax, tags)
    $ 335 per month

39 month lease
    $6000 down includes everything (down payment, acq. fee, 1st month, tax, tags)
    $ 345 per month

P.S. One pay sounds high !
  • bsedrishbsedrish Posts: 26
    Just got back from talking to a dealer and was offered the following deal on a DEALER USED 280 with 9,000 miles on it:

C280 (no 4MATIC)
    Sunroof Package
    6-Disc Changer
    Heated Front Seats
    Power Dr Seat/Steering Col w/Memory
    Split Folding Rear Seats

MSRP - $37,505
    Cap Cost - 30,900 (82% of MSRP)

27 months
    15k miles/annum
    no money down other than drive off fees (no cap cost reduction)
    Full standard warranty from MB

$400/month (before negotiating)

This seems like a good deal to me.

Do people agree or am I missing something?

Thanks
    Sounds good to me....i get to roughly $400 tax in if i assume 68% residual, 8% tax and .0024 Money factor. Can you find me one? If i'm not mistaken the C280 comes with the bigger brakes and that will save you brake pad costs over a C230.
  • bsedrishbsedrish Posts: 26
    Thanks for the email.

Here the specifics:

MF is .00180=4.32%
    RF = $23,469 or 62.576%
    Tax was run at 8.25%

I have been looking at the E350 b/c the deals were supposedly really good, but inventory is low so now getting hard to find one. The best I saw was $590 month with premium package (MSRP $54,300), $3000 down, 39 months, 15k miles.

Regarding the 280 deal I am working, the MF is very good and the cap cost reduction appears great (even given that the car has 9,000 miles - I really don't care abt this as long as they a) deliver it to me looking new b) my warranty is still in place which it is).

Have you been looking around at this car? I have not (was more focused on the 350s) so I am trying to make sure this pmt is as good as it looks. If so, I am going to jump on it I guess.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
  • Has anyone been able to negotiate the down payment on the current promo. that mercedes has been running for the c230? They are asking 3500 down and 329 a month. Anyone recommend a dealer here in los angeles?
  • sjl2sjl2 Posts: 10
    Just leased a 2006 C230. MSRP $34,175 selling price $29,938 ($2500 below invoice with $600 ad fee). 39 mo /12,000 mi/$752 drive off came to $377/mo + tax =$406/mo.
This discussion has been closed.