Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Contact the Internet Sales of mbzsantamonica.com (W.I. Simonson is the dealership). They're really nice and very quick. Best service you'll get in SoCal and their loaners are Mercedes too, not other brands. I leased mine at $28,900 last Nov 1st and it already included sunroof and single in-dash CD.

I created a spreadsheet which I used when I negotiated my new lease and based on your numbers, you will pay $375/month incl taxes given the following assumptions:

12k mi/yr for 27 months
    $28900 selling price
    Tier 1 credit = .0025 MF
    69% Residual
    $1000 down only
    Plus around $700-800 drive off fees (incl. taxes, DMV fees and 1st month payment)

I guess with a lease, all you have to pay for is the scheduled maintenance which is around $300-500. Hope this helps. Good luck on your lease hunting. :)
  • I am in my 29th month of a 39 month lease, paying $486/month for a 2004 C-320 Coupe. The lease-end purchase price will be $17,000. It's only got 4,000 miles on it (driveway ornament). Would like to get out, OR maybe transfer into an ML-350. When I ask Mercedes, they say I can give back the car early, but I have to pay ALL the REMAINING lease payments. HUH? Why would I give them the car now if I still have to make all the payments? Obviously that means I can't get out early. Just wondering if anybody else has been able to do it somehow, OR has been able to change into a different car without penalty of still paying the old lease balance.
  • Hi monty2222. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: sysop, "Real-World Trade-In Values" #, 14 Dec 2000 10:07 pm. Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi all,

Mercedes is currently running the winter ads for leasing. I am looking at the C class C230 sport sedan. This one has the following deals for 27 months leasing for $299/month with the following down payment:

$299 First month's payment
    $2,850 Capitalized cost reduction
    $795 Acquisition fee
    $3,944 Total cash due at signing

They did not say in details what options does the car have and what is the mileage limit. I assume it's around 12k mileage.

Is this a good deal? Any advice could be appreciated.

Thanks
  • Hi:

I am trying to negotiate a lease for a 2007 C230 in Ft. Lauderdale. (MB of Ft. Lauderdale). The car I am looking at has a sticker of $34,705 (sunroof pkg, cd changer and metallic paint). I can pretty much get the dealer to go to carsdirect invoice plus $100 without much trouble at all, but I see that those of you in Southern California do much better, sometimes as much as 2k below invoice. Is this a regional difference that I will not be able to overcome? We have several dealerships to chose from here, but they are all owned by the same parent company, AutoNation, so while the stores compete, it is not quite the same as if they operated under a different corporate ownership. At the very least, I want them to give me the current $1000 incentive in addition to the invoice pricing.

They made the best offer thus far on my 2006 VW Jetta TDI (Diesel), as CarMax was way off base on this car and I have about 2k positive equity.

At the very least, I want the same money factor (which appears to be about 4.9%) and residual (70%) that they are offering in the Winter Event special, as I am looking at the 27 month term with 10k/year (I drive very little, roughly 7-8k per year) so this is fine with me.

Does this sound like a reasonable expectation? Anyone in South Florida have any experiences to share?
  • mrummrum Posts: 7
    Car Man -

Can you help me with this? I am in Southern California and thinking of leasing a C230 Sport that does not have a sunroof or CD Changer. I believe the sticker price was close to $31,000 and sale price is about $28,000. I would put down $1,400 with a payment of $377 with tax and 12,000 miles a year. The residual is 70%. The lease is 27 months. What do you think of this deal?
  • Hello All - I need to know if this deal is any good, I plan to close the deal tomorrow.

MSRP: $35305 (Silver/Auto/Sunroof Pkg/Power Seats/6CD changer)
    Negotiated Price: $31305
    15K miles/yr
    27 months lease
    67% residual
    Money Factor: 0.00300
    $860 drive off
    Monthly Payment: $520 inc Tax.
  • I need information on extending my car lease. Is there a penalty for this? I have three months left on my lease. My mileage is 42k (48 allowed). What happens to the mileage during extension? are the payments during this time applied towards the buy-out price?

Thanks
  • yhariyhari Posts: 27
    Carman,

Hope all is well and that you had a great holiday. You really do a great job. My dad wants to lease a 2007 C280 this weekend. Can you please provide residual, MF and Bank Fee for 27 mos and 36 mos for both the AWD and RWD versions. From what I understand the current lease suport for MB finance is only on the AWD version. Please provide both.

Thanks
    Yhari
  • Hi all,

I just got an offer below for the lease of 2007 C230. Let me know if it's a good deal:

MSRP: $35305 (Silver/Auto/Sunroof Pkg/Power Seats/6CD changer)
    Negotiated Price: $32300
    12K miles/yr
    27 months lease
    69% residual
    Money Factor: 0.0027
    $4485 down payment ($2850 down, $795 acquisition fee, first month lease and tax)
    Monthly Payment: $338 inc Tax.

Is this a good deal?
  • Hello Kenster,

I purchased the same car a month ago (MSRP $35305). Negotiated price was $29,900, MF 0.0025, $1900 Drive Out, 15k mile per yr, residual was 68% (I think), 27 months, Monthly payment $387 inc Tax.

There seems to be a lot of room for negotiation in the offer you received.
  • samicasamica Posts: 3
    my lease is up in March. I have to spend about $600 on fixing various dents and my tires are bad also. My buy out is about 15400 and the car's trade in value is 13644. The car is in good shape( it was a four-year lease) but my brakes are likely to give out in the next couple of months. My question is can I go to a different dealership when my lease is over and just trade my car in so to avoid spending the extra money in fixing the car? I have asked for one-month extention? is this going to make any difference? Please help I need to make a decison now! thanks
  • samminsammin Posts: 39
    Hi,

Mercedes-Benz of Larchmont, NY is offering a C280 4Matic with sunroof package, 6-disc CD for $298.00 per month for 27 months, $4393 due at signing. ($3300 capitalized cost, $298 1st month, $795 bank fee) + tax, tags, and MV fees extra. However only 7500 miles per year.

How does this deal sound? Should I try and negotiate for 10,000 miles? or lower cap cost?

Thanks

(P.S. I usually buy, this would be my first lease)
  • rxkerxke Posts: 150
    HI Carman

It seems strange that the IS250AWD, the A$ quattro, the 328XI all have pages and pages of pricing questions but the C2804matic has only 2 pages. Is the C280 that bad? It does seem like there is much interest in the car. I was thinking about leasing one (15K for 36 months in NY) but I am begining to wonder. Carman do you have any insights?
    I already received the RV(54%) and tne money factor(.00105)from you. I read in Automotive News that they are giving dealers $2500 to $5000 back on the car. Have you heard anything?

I am interested in your comments.

Thanks
  • Hi,
    I'm looking for the following vehicle:
    C280 4matic
    Black metallic paint
    MB Tex interior
    Ipod Connector
    Sunroof Package
    6 disc changer

I was quoted the following today at MB in Ohio:
    MSRP 38560
    ( I don't know what the price they decided upon for the actual cost)
    $478.82 for 10k per year including ohio tax.
    Zero down
    $828.82 due at signing which includes a bank fee

What do you think? They've had a bad month in ohio with the snow so I think that their more aggressive with pricing.
    Thanks carman
  • Never heard back so I thought that I would report my final deal.

C-280 4-matic 3.0
    Metallic paint
    MB Tex interior
    Sunroof package
    6 disc changer
    Ipod connector

$445 inclusive of sales tax $898 due at signing
  • Argumentator- The lease number you locked are perfect for me ($387 inc tax with $1900 drive out.) I'm looking at C230 with same MSRP and would like to see if my local NJ dealership can match your deal.

Can we discuss off-line? I can call or email you, or vice versa.

Many thanks!
  • babybeansbabybeans Posts: 12
    amosqw201 - did you end up getting a similar deal on a C230? I'm soliciting quotes now from dealers to begin the process and am hoping to get something close.

Anyone else get a good price in the last month?

Thanks!
  • corralcorral Posts: 58
    Dear car guy, I would like to know if you could tell me the lease money factors and residuals for a 2007 c230 sport, 27 and 39 months, 7500 miles, 10000 miles, and 12,000 miles. What is the acc fee many dealers are quoting 1095. Also is there any delaer cash or leasing cash?

Thanks Very Much
  • jdadajdada Posts: 2
    Hi

I would like to know if this is a good deal. Thanks.

6 Disc CD Changer, Sunroof Package, 17" Alloy Wheels, Arctic White, Leather Interior (Typically Equipped)

MSRP : $34,305
    Final Negotiated Price : $29,700
    Lease Term : 27 Months
    Residual Value : 68%
    Money Factor : 0.0021
    Drive Off with DMV Fees, First Month Payment and all that stuff : $2,000

$380.00/Month (Incl. Tax)
  • thezicks2thezicks2 Posts: 1
    SOunds good to me. What state is this dealer in? I have a quote for similar with MB Tex, not leather for $477 inlcuding tax with $1,517 out of pocket.
  • jdadajdada Posts: 2
    This is House of Imports in Buena Park, CA (Orange County Area)
    The only thing.... if you have tier 1 credit, you should be able to walk out of there with just the minimum fees... you know... the DMV license and registration.

I put 2Gs down and I think I could've avoided that.

By the way... I think you're paying way to much for this car. What are the terms?
    Did a lot of hard shopping, If you really grind you can get a c class for 5000 off msrp for an upper equipped model 37k+ or a lesser equipped car 4700 off msrp. Mb standard residual per lease term, .0020 money factor and 795 acc fee as most dealers try for 1095.
  • kmccarty1kmccarty1 Posts: 2
    Hi
    I need help with the following lease offer from my local dealer. The negotiated sales price seems really good to me but the lease just doesn't make any sense. Dealer says it's because the new body styles are coming out. I have been considering a BMW 328i for about the same price and the lease is $200 less a month. Any ideas on what the deal is with this offer. I really wanted my lease payments to be around $550 - $600. This offer makes it more attractive to buy. Asking for advice... I can't find any information on the Mercedes lease rates or residuals on this vehicle anywhere on the internet.

MSRP $44,080
    2007 Mercedes C350 Sport Sedan
    Options include:
    IPOD integration kit: $375
    Split Folding Rear Seats: $290
    7 Speed Auto Transmission: $1390
    Entertainment Package: $1460
    Sunroof Package: $1790
    Destination: $775
    Sales Price $38,330 (they offered me $37,500 to buy it)
    They will pay my first month's payment
    39 months
    48% residual or $21,158.40
    Cost Cap Reduction $1245
    Adjusted Cap Reduction $38,330
    Lease Factor .00400
    Base Mo Rent: $678.24
    Monthly tax 9% LA $61.04
    Total Monthly Payent $739.28

Amount due at start $2104.33
    The issue you are having is the c350 does not have the specials that the 230 does. If you are looking for an excellent lease and can drive a 2 door try the clk350. The money factor is .00095. I believe that the .0040 on the c350 is marked up.
  • ssonixxssonixx Posts: 1
    Carman,
    I was told by a local dealer today that all the C230 lease incentives ended on July 5th. So, I was wondering if you could share the revised lease rates: 27 and 36 month MF and residuals.

Thank you!
  • kmccarty1kmccarty1 Posts: 2
    Thanks for the tip, I used it. I did some additional research on the CLK350 after this post and asked the dealer I was working with if he had one. They were surprised how low the money factor was on this model. They had one in stock and it was the end of the month and were ready to sell me something that day. So I am now the proud owner of a 2007 Cadet Blue CLK350 List was $53,115, selling price $48,531, monthly payments are around $615 or so with tax. I am really happy with this car. It is beautiful. I was able to lease a much nicer car than I expeceted for about the same payment as the less expensive BMW 328i ($38k and $585/month). This forum is a great resource.
  • ksolesksoles Posts: 19
    I would love to know this info also! The reps comment was that I was a day late on the programs and cash. He did not go into details but basically said that money and rates were a big cut on the 5th? Can you please post the newest lease rates and cash/incentives if were leasing the 07 C230? 24, 27, 30, up to 36 months? Thanks!!
  • bmwcrzrbmwcrzr Posts: 17
    As of July 15th 2007, Mercedes Benz is submitting new rates, due to the unpopularity of their July rates.

As you all my know, July rates (since the 5th) have been REALLY bad. Hang in there and the new rates will come out soon.

I could post the current rates, but it is almost NOT worth it. They are just ridiculous.

Good luck
  • parakramparakram Posts: 2
    The 2007 C-350 is being offered with approx. 6k discount over msrp. I was planning for a newer 2008 model, but wanted to have an opinion on this deal --

2007 C-350 7 speed auto RWD Silver/Black.
    Lighting + sunroof + entertainment package + fog lamps.
    BayArea dealer.

MSRP quoted is 44,885/-
    Sale price quoted is 38,500/-

Does this sounds like a good price for a 2007 C-350 OR it is worth waiting for the 2008 C-350 model.

I kinda like the aerodynamic shape and lights of the old model :) but still confused between 2007 or 2008.

Please provide any expert advise. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.