Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• I am trying to work a lease deal with a dealership here in Florida on a 2011 C300 Luxury Sedan; Premium I package; 7 speed auto. MSRP is $38,770 including destination. The dealership has provided me with the following lease figures and based on my research, the payments seem high. Can anyone give me their opinion based on experience with leasing this particular vehicle.

MSRP: $38,770
    Gross Cap Cost: $32,000
    Downpayment: $ 1,200
    Residual: 58%
    Money Factor: .00159

For 33 months 15k/miles/year, payment would be $451 per month.
    For 36 months 15k miles/year, payment would be $531 per month.

Thank you.
  • arajkarajk Posts: 3
    you have not mentioned the residual of 58% is for 33 months 15k or 36 months 15 k.

i recently leased a C300 2011 . i can give you my figures for you to compare.

MSRP: 42715
    sale price : 35133
    residual: .63 for 33 month, 12 K miles
    MF: .00109
    with a downpayment of 4K i am paying $227 ( excluding CA state tax)
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,890
    A reporter is looking to interview car shoppers who are weighing a BMW 3 Series or Mercedes C-Class this month because of the incredible incentives/lease deals that are available. If you are tempted, please email pr@edmunds.com by Monday, December 19, 2011 with your daytime contact information and a few words about your thought process so far.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• How does this deal sound? i pitched a price I would like to pay for 10k miles a year and navigation for 24 months. I currently have 13 payments left on my c300 which they are going to take care of. the payment would be 401 per month tax included with 500 due at signing. msrp of the car was 43xxx. They said this is the best deal they can do, can't go a penny lower. how does it sound. I'm paying 401 right now for a 2011 c3 with little options.
  • Hey all,

This information has been VERY insightful but I need to hit it home now. Looking at a 2012 Blue C300 with Pan. roof, Lighting package, P1, 1 disk Command and the 18" 7 spoke AMGs. I have an MSRP of 46,790 and was quoted the following. (it includes taxes and pre-paid maine.)

Is there a better lease deal in here somewhere?

10,000 miles @ 48 Months = $505 (with 935 down)
    10,000 miles @ 30 months = $565 (w/995 down)

I feel like there is a better deal in here somewhere. By the way, there is no trade on this one.

Cheers all!
  • Sounds like a good deal… if it includes maintenance there is probably only another $10 per month to play with.
  • Your getting hammered…

With the conquest the selling price should be $37,308.00including your 3 BMW payments.
    The Bank Fee is $795 not $975
    Get rid of that prep fee - pure profit…
    Tell them you want auto pay to reduce the money factor to .00132 and it saves you and additional $10 per month.
    Switch to a 24 month lease because its about $27 per month

All said and done with the same $3,363 out of pocket your payment should be $320.05 per month for 24 months and 10,000 miles per year. If your not getting this or at least with in $10 per month of it, you need to keep shopping…
  • i am going to lease a c250 coupe and my dealer is telling me you can't combine the winter event discount with the fleet discount even though it says "make your best deal and then present this coupon etc" does anyone know if this is true?
  • Basically it was $465/month with only 1st payment upfront cost for C300 4Matic Sport with Premium, Command (Single Disk), Rear View Cam, Spoiler, Wood Trim and Panoramic Roof. The dealership I got this from in MD was very good, straightforward and I feel I got a very good deal. I believe it was 0.00142 MF and 67% Residual on 30 months, 12,000 miles lease. This includes Maryland Taxes (which suck on leases).
  • Yes, thats correct. You can't combined the fleet with the Winter Event. It can be combined with the loyalty or the USAA discount. What kind of deal were you quoted?
  • Hello ntlwhsle. Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30-month lease of a 2012 C300 Sedan 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00142 and 65%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00142 and 60%.

The residual values for leases with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

The last time I checked, Mercedes was providing a $2,000 conquest cash incentive on the '12 C, but it's possible that it was recently enhanced to $2,500.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi Sam. Mercedes-Benz Financial's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 C350 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00225 and 74%, for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 30-month lease are .00225 and 70%.

The numbers for the C350 Sedan are .00142 / 70% and .00142 / 65%.

Car_man
    Host
  • snapdasnapda Posts: 11
    Thank you Car_man! What is the typical/acceptable dealer markup on the buy rates?

Sam
  • Hi All,

We got this deal recently and would be really appreciated if any of you can give us more insightful opinions on this. (I did a lot of research but still don't really know it well enough, so please forgive me if I ask stupid questions)

2012 C300 4MATIC Sport Sedan
    MSRP: $46910
    (We added a lot of options like Premium Package 1, Panorama Sunroof, 18" AMG Alloy Wheel, Rearview Camera, Rear Side Airbag, Roof Spoiler, Rear Deck Spoiler, Command Nav, Keyless Go and Walnut wood)
    12000 miles per year
    Term: 30 months
    Money factor: .00142 (not quite sure yet)

The dealer is asking us to pay $16000 up front if we want to pay less, otherwise with my tier 2 credit score I will have to pay out about $18000 for 30-month lease. I can save $2000 over 30 months which is good, but should we bargain for even cheaper price because we pay all payments up front? I don't feel like I have the negotiate power since the dealer said we need to pay more up front because of my not so perfect credit score. (I have average of above 710)

I also heard most people got some fee waived (acquisition fee, dmv fee, document fee, etc.), so please also share with us what should be waived and what is necessary to pay by ourselves?

One more thing, I'm asking it out of curiosity. Does anybody know what factory code is?
    We went to two dealers and they both don't know what that is.

(The dealer called again today and said the car has 2400 miles on the odometer and it is "NOT A USED CAR", so we think it might be a demo car and decide not to take it, but we still want to know if the price is acceptable because we are looking at a car with slightly higher MSRP and would like to negotiate further from this point)

There are so many traps out there and we are really pissed that the dealers are not making it easy for us to get what we want with reasonable price:( I hate to go through this again and again but we should never stop fighting!!
  • I am still negotiating a lease deal with a Florida dealership on a 2011 C300 w/premium 1 package. This will be the first time I have leased a Mercedes. Their new figures are:

MSRP: $38,770
    Sale price: 32,000
    Acq. fee: 1,095
    Dealer fee: 599
    Tag/Tranfer: 250
    Trade: 1,049
    Zero down other than trade in

Residual: 24/65%; 33/58%; 36/51%; and 48/49% 10k miles
    Money factor: .000159

Lease payments: 33mo/$419; 36mo/$503; 48 mo/$414

All costs rolled into lease.

They are giving me $1,049 for a trade vehicle which, based on my research, is about $1k less than what it is worth.

I asked them why the lease payments for 36 months is higher than both the 33 and 48 and they said that the longer term is usually cheaper, except there is a special on the 33 months right now. Is that true? I was also told that they don't really do 24 month leases any more because the payment would be astronomical. I thought a shorter lease would have a lower payment. Am I wrong???

They keep telling me they are making absolutely NO money on the deal and that it is an excellent deal.

PLEASE give me some insight as to whether any of this sounds like a good deal or should I just walk away?

Thank you for your help.
  • I would be very interested in advice on a lease I am considering, because I am not convinced that the dealer is actually offering me a good deal. The car is a 2012 C300 4Matic, on a 30 month lease. I will be at the dealer in the next few days to finalize everything, but I could really use some insight. The MSRP on the vehicle is $43,370, my sale price was $38,870. The residual amount is $29,573 and my lease is a 30-month lease. The tax rate is around 8%, and they asked us to put down first months payment of $540 plus a $795 acquisition fee at signing.

Shouldn’t the monthly payment be less than $540/month to lease a $38K car? Does this sound like the dealer is not giving me the MB incentive financing? They claim we are receiving a $5K discount off of the sticker price, which is the MB winter event pricing, and also threw in free oil changes for the life of the lease. Any insight you can offer would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
  • Hi all,

I am new in this forum. I am thinking to purchase a Mercedes 2012 C300 4Matic Sport with Premium 1 package and 6-disc package. Here is dealer's quote:

MSRP: $43,770
    Dealer's offer price: $40,377

Dealer said they ran out of winter sales event certificates, so they can't add that discount to me. But I have a fleet plan that I can use that further lower $1,500 off the price.

So finally is: $4,500 off of the MSRP price. Is this a reasonable price? Any other discount I can use?

Thanks!
  • How much was the price the dealer offered to you?

I am thinking to buy a 2012 C300 4Matic sport, but the dealer just offers $3000 off the MSRP price. Fortunately I have a fleet plan discount to use that is $1500 off. But I am not sure if $4500 off MSRP is a reasonable price.

Thanks.
  • To help people out, here's the deal I just got in Cleveland, Ohio which I thought was very fair:
    MSRP - $41590
    Cap Cost - $36096
    MF - .00132 (Autopay Rate)
    Residual - $30360.70
    24 Month Lease, 10000 miles
    $326.69/month + $20.42 tax, $620(1st payment and doc/tags/etc) due at signing.
    Happy hunting!
  • Hi Car Man,

Could you provide January residuals and MF for 2012 c250 coupes 24/36 month and 12k leases. Thank you ! And is any Mercedes cash offered this month?
  • mbz01mbz01 Posts: 9
    Thanks for posting dl amg. Was very helpful - I am also in Southern Cali. Was able to strike a solid deal quickly for the car I wanted based on your numbers and new MBZ financial residual and money factor numbers that came out today.
    2012 c250 sport. blk. burl walnut. rev camera. keyless go. rear spoiler. Premium (P1), S32Command (Nav). 993 lane tracking.
    MSRP 41690
    Total drive off $1K included all fees and first month ($147 was cap reduction)
    Monthly payment 399 + tax
    33K miles over term of lease (1K miles per month)
    33 month lease
    Utilized conquest cash, but did not have any other applicable discounts.
    Thanks to all that posted numbers.
  • swizswiz Posts: 3
    Not the same car, but close on the MSRP to use as a benchmark

I bought a 2012 C350 in November 2011 with a sticker price of 43,370 (incl. Destination) and negotiated a lease rate of $535/mo for 30 months (10k/yr miles) including service with $0 down. Because of the zero down it is really like a 29 month lease since the dealer in-effect paid the first month payment for me. The final paperwork showed the lease was based on a final sales price of just under $39k. I am from SC where sales tax is capped at $600 but included in the above deal. Felt pretty good about the deal considering it includes pre-paid maintenance. I sold them (traded) my 2006 C230 sport for $13k as a separate deal, but they showed $1k of that coming from the new car purchase (so they in effect gave me $12k). If no trade, that means I should have been able to lease that car for $500/mo I suppose.

The C350 got 28.6 mpg on the highway on my first highway trip for about 500 miles with avg speed above 70mph. All with over 300hp - love it!
  • dl_amgdl_amg Posts: 39
    What exactly is Winter Event Discount? Isn't it just a discount factor and residual rate? I got my Winter Event Rate + Loyalty Discount ($2k)+ Fleet Discount($1500) on my C250 back in Nov. 2011. Total discount from MSRP is close to $7700. I guess its all depends on the dealer who wants to work the number with you or not.
    Very nice deal! Glad I can help!!
    I just make my co-worker got the similar lease at different dealer close to our office. MSRP$42k for 33Mo. @1K mi per mo. @$400/mo. incl. Socal Tax. 1st Mo. drive off ($400).
  • You're very welcome Sam. For me, the only acceptable dealer mark-up on buy rates is zero :) .

Car_man
    Host
  • I certainly can donnimark. Mercedes is not currently providing any lease support on this car. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial right now you would have to use its standard lease money factors. The last time i checked MB Finance's buy rate standard lease money factor for Tier 1 customers was .00225.

MB Finance's January residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 C250 Coupe with 12,000 miles per year is 76%. The residual for an otherwise identical 36-month lease is 68%.

The only cash incentives that Mercedes is providing on this car right now is the $2,000 conquest certificate program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Looking at a few leftover 2011 C300 Sports. Is MBZ still offering the 33 month lease, and if so, what is the residual and money factor assuming 10k miles/year? If the 33 month lease is gone for the 2011, what are the other options?
    edited January 2012
    Based on what I heard, 2012 get better lease rate then 2011 with MB Finance. For purchase, 2011 get better discount then 2012.
  • temiztemiz Posts: 11
    edited January 2012
    Hi CarMAn

I just leased one in SoCal(%9.25 tax rate)

2012 c250
    silver
    Black Txt
    Wood trim
    Navigation
    Sirius Sat. Radio
    Keyless Go
    Rear View Camera

MSRP 39520
    Neg Price 35124
    24 months
    12000 miles/year
    Top tier credit score
    %71 residual

355 usd a month *23 months
    3250 total drive off(895 acqu fee+ 205 sales tax + 100 title fees+ 228 Licence fees+ 45 doc fees 9 tire fees+ 1412 cap cost reduction)

Do you think that it is a good deal? Was there any room to go?
    I guess it is reasonable.

Thnx for your comments.
  • Hi temiz. The selling price that you were given on this car looks like it is well below dealer invoice, which is an excellent deal. Do you know what money factor the dealer used to arrive at your payment? Either way, this looks like a pretty good deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.