Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi

Is this a fair deal?

2012 MB C300 4Matic Sports Sedan

10K mile/year lease for 24 months

Cap cost is $38,875 (including $1,500 USAA discount)

Money factor = .00167 (based on auto pay)

Residual is 73%

$458.27 per month (including two year scheduled maintenance).

Total due at delivery=$1900 (includes 1st month payment, bank fee, registration, doc fee, tire tax and tax on upfront items)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi qualityseek. While a .00295 money factor isn't great in today's low-rate environment, given the drop in your credit score and the fact that Mercedes-Benz is not currently providing any support on this model it isn't terrible. If you're trying to get an awesome deal, the C-Coupe probably isn't the place to look right now.

If you can't get the dealer to lower your money factor, the only thing that you can do is negotiate as low a selling price as possible.

You asked about any other available incentives. Mercedes is currently providing a $1,000 owner loyalty cash incentive on the 2012 C-Class as well.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Your suspicion about the acquisition fee was well founded, qualityseek. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current base fee is only $795. The dealer that you are working with is marking up your fee by $300 to try to add profit to your deal. Make sure that they use the base fee if you lease from them.

The doc fee is something that most dealers charge on every deal. It's more fluff than anything. I doubt that you'll be able to get the dealer to waive it, but you an try.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey peterrs4. You mentioned that you are coming out of an Audi. Mercedes-Benz has a bunch of conquest certificates out there right now that entitle current owners of select brands, Audi being one of them, to additional discounts. Specifically, there is a $1,000 conquest cash offer on the 2012 C-Class.

Car_man
    Host
  • peterrs4peterrs4 Posts: 3
    edited March 2012
    I'm talking to several dealers right now, but the best deal I've been able to come up with thus far is:

2012 C350 Sedan
    MSRP: $46,900
    Selling Price: $43,900 + $1095 Acquisition Fee + Title/Taxes/Transfer = $45,229
    15,000 miles per year
    33 months
    Residual: 63%
    Money Factor: .00225
    Total Money Down at Signing: $804.84 (includes first month payment plus misc charges)
    Monthly Payment: $643.46

This is much better than other offers I was getting that were at $760ish per month.

After I finalized all these deals, I brought up to her that I should also get conquest on top of this. (Smart shopping, work the deal, then bring in your weapons)

She agreed, so we can assume another $1,000 off of this, plus I'm going to ask for the acquisition fee to be reduced to the standard $795 (thanks to this forum)...so $205 off there.

Before I agree I'm going to also ask for some winter floors mats, and maybe a coffee mug (they did this for me when I got my A4 lease years ago!!).

Car_Man...thanks for the input thus far. Can you provide me with that money factor for this car? Anything else I'm missing here, or do you guys think this is a good deal?

Also, I'm not concerned about the residual because I'm not going to buy the car after the lease. However, should I be concerned with it that it in some other ways negatively impacts this lease?

Last item...I'd like to get this to a 33 month lease. Do you think it will be possible for them to do so without changing any of the terms?

Thanks again!
  • markp6markp6 Posts: 3
    Looking for money factor and residual rates for a new 2011 Mercedes C63. 3 year w/ 10K per year, California. Any help is appreciated!
  • Car_Man,

I have read these boards for years but this is my first time posting. We are attempting to lease an SLK 250 and C250 coupe at the same time.

Do you have the lease rates (residual / money factor) for either 33 or 36 months @ 12,000 miles for both models? I am attempting to be prepared before I make my next trip to the dealership.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.
  • leaseseekerleaseseeker Posts: 5
    edited March 2012
    Car Man...Is this a fair deal?

2012 MB C300 4Matic Sports Sedan

Residual is 73%

Total due at delivery=$1900 (includes 1st month payment, bank fee, registration, doc fee, tire tax and tax on upfront items)
  • diiirkdiiirk Posts: 1
    Just leased a c250 sedan yesterday. Very happy with the car, but starting to thing i got royally ripped off. anyone care to critique...

2012 c250 sedan

Palladium Silver/MB Tex
    536 Sirius sat radio
    S32 COMAND Single Disc Package
    MSRP: 37,785.00

Traded in my 07 honda which was appraised at 8k (owned it, so all 8k down)
    Added $1k cash down
    prepaid $700 for maintenance.

Gross Capitalized cost: 36399 + 1095 acquisition fee + maintenance 1119 = $38613
    Adjusted Capialized cost: $29573
    Residual Value: $24,289
    33 months 15k/year
    306/month

I went to the dealer set on purchasing an 09 c300 with 26k miles. they were going to do 25k out the door with 8k on my trade in + 5k cash down, payments were going to be ~200/month. The way i looked at it, in 3 years, i will easily lose that 8k from the honda and could only hope that my 5k was still there, in 2015 how much can an 09 c300 with ~70k miles be worth??. then i realized if i lease a brand new one, yea i pay more monthly, but its a brand new car, and my 5k stays in the bank. when the lease is over, I've lost my trade in value, but that would have been lost no matter which car i was driving.

So. how bad is it...
  • tlecotleco Posts: 34
    I've leased about 20 cars
    In general with the lease I Never put anything down.
    it seems to be OK.
    Here in TEXAS - the lease is higher than most states. We have to pay TAX for the cost of the entire car. In other states - you only pay for the portion that you are leasing.
    so without any money down - your lease is around $548
    I am looking to lease for my wife and it is around $558 no money down for 7500 miles per year
  • So I went to the dealership today to get a lease quote. I have no credit and I am looking to lease, I have a full time job. Here is the quote I received from the dealer, please let me know if it is good or not.

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Coupe New
    27 Month Lease , $635 per month
    Down payment = $5500
    Annual Mileage = 12,000
    Residual = $30,400.00
  • I am attempting to lease an C250 Sedan in Atlanta. I also have a MB SLK 230 to trade in.Are there any other available incentives?

Do you have the lease rates (residual / money factor) for either 33 or 36 months 10,000 miles ?

Any help you can provide is appreciated.
    Hey peterrs4. Mercedes-Benz is not currently providing any lease support on the C350 Sedan. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial right now you would have to use its standard lease program. The last time that I checked, its buy rate standard lease money factor for Tier 1 customers was .00225.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi markp6. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 C63 with 10,000 miles per year are .00145 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Mercedes is not providing lease support on this, or an other for that matter, 2011 model any longer. As a result, if you want to lease you are better off going with a '12.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome billyboni230. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 SLK250 with 12,000 miles per year are .00225 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a C250 Coupe are .00225 and 68%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi leaseseeker. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted are right on the money.

It's difficult for me to give you my opinion on this car's selling price without knowing what its MSRP is. That number will show me how large a dealer discount you are being given.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi atl_mbfan. Mercedes-Benz is providing a $1,000 owner loyalty cash incentive on the 2012 C250 Sedan right now that it sounds like you will be eligible for.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 C250 Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Apologies Car Man.

The MSRP is $43,370.

Please advise.

Thanks
  • akeyesakeyes Posts: 7
    edited March 2012
    Im supposed to pick up a new 2012 C300 sport tomorrow and now in reading the posts are not sure if its a good deal. Hopefully someone can help.

C300 Black with MB Tex, 12k per year 33 months including Premium, Rear Deck Spolier, Multimedia Package, walnut trim and keyless go.

MSRP $45,510
    Discount $4,254
    Price $41,255
    Prepaid Maint included ($799)

Residual $30,081

Drive off $1,930
    Monthly $528.91
    Rebate of $1272 for last two pymts on BMW

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am stressing over this!
  • benjb53benjb53 Posts: 14
    sounds like a so so deal to me....I have similar options on my C300 and am paying $474 with taxes and got back $500 for last car payment....so it sounds like the last payment you are getting paid is getting added to the lease price....do you have backup camera as well?
  • akeyesakeyes Posts: 7
    Yes, back up camera is part of the package as well as the prepaid maintenance that is usually $799. I thought to wait it out till June on the BMW return but am afraid the deals might not be as good then. One dealer I called said that they couldnt touch this price so it seemed like a good deal to me. My price does include taxes as well.

Are you happy with the car? It seems to be a great sporty ride and Im comign out of 2010 BMW 528i so Im hoping that this will be a good choice.

Thanks for any advice
  • Hi.

Can the experts out there please evaluate this deal for me ?...thanks

2012 MB C300 4Matic Sports Sedan with in Palladium Silver with P1 package, navigation and wood trim.

MSRP is $43,370

Residual is 73%

• sonofmersonofmer Posts: 1
    Hey Car Man,

I'm looking to lease an AMG C63 sedan for 36 or 42 months, do you know what the Residual and Money Factor is for April? Is MB offering any lease support on this model right now?

thanks in advance for the info.

Sonofmer
  • Hello, I am an existing GLK lease customer. My lease is up and am switching to the C250. The price I was given is:

C250W
    prem 1 package with wood trim

MSRP: $38,500

33 months, 15k miles/yr with just 1st & tag transfer

$499.00 plus tax- $529.00

$876.00 due at signing.

How does this sound? Do I need to negotiate more?

Thanks in advance,

Melissa
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Posts: 90
    $499 sounds a little high for this car, especially considering you should qualify for the loyalty rebate.

Do you know what the price of the car is before any rebates or add ons (i.e. the selling price of the vehicle)?

You should find out precisely what the dealer is including in the lease.

Also, $347 for tag transfer??
  • Thanks for the reply. I looked at the coupes today which I love thinking maybe of going that route instead of the sedan. I emailed him about it and he said they lease out higher. Not sure if that is true.

But as a general rule, what type of discount should I be looking for off the sticker prices?

Thanks in advance.
  • The salesman I am dealing with said that he uses a 6% above invoice as a basis for leasing prices. Of course any additional rebates on top.

Thoughts?

~Melissa
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Posts: 90
    That seems high, only about 1-2% off of MSRP. I would shoot for a price of around invoice, or even slightly below (before any rebates) if you want to be aggressive.

Also, be weary of the Acquisition Fee, Mercedes dealers often try to charge $1,095. It should only be $795.

Before you sign your deal, post all of the details here and we can evaluate the deal for you.
  • Thanks, I definitely will. He said residual is 63% and money factor .00210.
  • ok, went in and was given his "best price".

2012 C250 sedan sport with p1 & burl wood.

MSRP- $38,500
    $4600.00 off
    $33,900.00

$497 tax in, 33 months, 15 miles/yr with $745 down which is 1st month and fees.

residual 63%
    money factor .00210

Thoughts? They are taking my GLK lease back 4 months early also and throwing in window tint.
This discussion has been closed.