Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• The fees on my lease are:

Aquisition: $795
    Title/Registration: $129

There is a vehicle turn in fee of $500 if I do not buy the car at the end of the lease.
  • This looks like a pretty good deal for a 2012 model. Btw, I used the build your own car tool with the options you have mentioned above and the MSRP came out close to $44,000. You sure about the MSRP?
  • He has the command package, not the multimedia package. I make the MSRP to be $42325 which is close enough :)
  • Thanks themercguy and mortienne:

Correct, the other option was Burl Walnut Trim for $325.

P01 Premium Package 1 $2500
    COMAND Single Disk Package $930 (BTW...this package is a steal and apparantly is only offered for the launch of the 2012 model, then will revert to the six disk changer package for $2790. The only difference between the two packages is a single disk CD vs six disk changer).
  • That package is a great deal. I was looking to pick up a G37 with premium and nav this weekend, but the command option brings the C350 right back into the game.
    We also have an MB dealer locally (but not Infiniti), so that will tip things in the C350's favour. Unfortunately the local guys won't discount the 2012s at all (they're only doing $500 off sticker for the 2011s!), so it's road trip time again :)
  • Thanks for the reply. How would I get it down to $399?
  • You're very welcome jenjen79.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I'm doing well, thanks tleco. Wow two cars this weekend. You're busy.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2012 C250 Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00195 and 74%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for a 24 month, 12k lease of a 2012 GL450 are .00126 and 67%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're not going to get it to that without a cap reduction or a better selling price. Paying the standard $795 acquisition up front should shave $35 a month or so off.
  • Greetings. Car man, could you kindly let me know the current mf and residuals for the 2012 C350 sport sedan. Can you provide the numbers for 36 months / 10,000 and 36 month / 12,000 miles. Also, are there any 33 month leases on this model. Thanks.
  • Hello, I'm new to leasing and trying to read up on everything I can before making a final decision on this car. I'm hoping for some advice on an offer that I received this weekend. I'm looking to lease a C300, but feeling that this deal isn't the best I can do. Thoughts?

2011 C300
    Sport package
    Premium one package
    multimedia package
    MSRP 42,845 - dealer will come down to 41,000
    33 month term
    7,500 miles allowed per year (I drive about 2,000 miles per year but still, this allowance seems very low)
    Credit of 2,000 for conquest offer (I currently own an Acura)
    Payment including taxes, $457.82
    Residual, $27,849
    2,000 cash outlay which covers the first payment, license fees, tax on the payment, lease acquisition fee, and doc fee of $150.

Thanks for any advice you can provide!
  • From what I can work out, it looks like they're working on a residual of 65% and the August 33 month money factor of 0.00099. That mileage allowance looks very low. How certain are you that your circumstances won't change over the next 3 years?
    I can't find any September 33 month rates at the moment. Maybe Car Man can assist?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
    If I only did 2000 miles/yr, I'd look to buy a two or three year old car... and just keep it for 5-6 years...

Leasing seems like it would be a very high cost per mile...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Just to give you some insight, that deal is horrible. I leased the same MSRP vehicle last month. 33 months/ 15,000 miles a year. My residual was 61% with a money factor of .00109. I did qualify for the $2000 conquest rebate and with that, the selling price was $35,500. I paid $1380 at signing and have payments of under $450 a month, with tax. So essentially, my residual was lower, my money factor was higher and yet my payments are lower than those they're quoting you. Bottom line, your dealer needs to come down on the selling price. Are you in an area that has other MB dealers?
  • Yes I am. I actually have three or four other dealers in my area!
  • Shop it around. With 2012 models already in showrooms, a dealer should most likely offer you the car at invoice or below. Let me know if I can help you.
  • I want to profusely thank everyone who responded to my initial post on leasing. Completely due to the guidance of those who responded, I was able to negotiate a much better deal. I structured my offer essentially exactly like driversedge posted. I used edmunds.com to come up with a "true" MSRP for my area, versus the more inflated MSRP that the dealer was using. I tinkered around with some of the options on the vehicle as I realized I didn't really need a completely tricked out vehicle. I used the same MF as driversedge, because I don't know what the new one is for September. Does this offer look competitive to y'all?

MSRP 36,332 (true MSRP from edmunds.com)
    Base Cap Cost 34,332 (2,000 concession from dealer)
    Cap Cost Reductions 4,000 (2,000 downpayment, 2,000 conquest rebate)
    Net Cap Cost 30,332
    Lease End Residual Value 61%
    Money Factor .00109
    Term of lease 33 months
    Mileage 15K
    Sales tax 9.8%

Monthly payment = $312.21 + 30.60 tax = total payment $342.81
  • I'd be happy to help you out mortienne. Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 C350 Sport Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00225 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • arajkarajk Posts: 3
    edited September 2011
    Is the residual % calculated of MSRP or the discounted price( price agreed between me and the dealer)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
    MSRP

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

This discussion has been closed.