Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• richzrichz Posts: 125
    Not sure what "market rate" means. I am very used to leasing BMWs and the information on incentives like manufacturer to dealer cash, etc is more readily available so it is more apparent as to how much you can expect to go below invoice pricing. I was just trying to figure out why everyone is starting from this mystery 12% MSRP discount which takes you well below invoice to begin with. Since people are getting 15% off deals that is what I will aim for, just curious what that is based on.
  • valleyguy408valleyguy408 Posts: 70
    edited July 2013
    It based on current purchase history. The factory is going deep on C-Class discounts at the moment. Add the $2K factory to dealer coupon to the 12% discount and you can calculate the actual discount%.

Not everyone will get this deep of a deal, but you should get close. Working with dealer Internet sales teams and not the guys on the floor also helps.

-ValleyGuy
  • bmrowebmrowe Posts: 7
    edited July 2013
    This forum has been great for working out a deal. I've got some numbers, but some things aren't adding up. Hoping to get some quick help from the forum:

C250 Sport Sedan Lease
    27 months/12k miles
    MSRP: 43345
    Sale Price: 36145
    Money Factor: .00124 (I see most have been posting lower money factors, is this region dependent?)

Before tax, they are quoting me: $361/month with $669 due at signing.

Based on my math, something is off. I come up with a payment of $312.90/month with the above numbers. Is my math off?

Residual: 69% * $43345 = $29909.05
    Cap Cost = $36145

Depreciation payment: (Cap Cost – Residual)/months = $231
    Interest payment : (Residual + Cap Cost) * Money Factor = $81.90
    Total before tax: Depreciation + interest = $312.90
  • kainnyckainnyc Posts: 76
    Hi, valley do you know anything abt the other luxury brands bc this MB is a Camry in disguise?
    Add fees abt 1750$ dollars / 27 then add tax!
    What kind of fees total up to $1750? Also, all this work is being done before tax to keep things simple. They already want $669 at delivery to cover the title registration stuff and first month's payment
    I believe it's based on the overrated, mb over reaching its worth and over pricing the vehicle! They told me they are in 12.25% in so they want to keep 1-2 % for profit which is 450-1000$ I'm looking at all brands bc this car falls short plus they keep shaving features and increasing the price! 48k$ and no HID's or passengers dimmed mirror, 4way passenger seat c' mon MB
    Doc fee, DMV ,bank fee
    You got 9.55% + incentive not bad you only left 2.71% for profit 1261$ /27 abt 47$ less would have been maximum! Good job
    Are these fees I have to pay? Or should I be pushing to get them waived?
  • madmaxny1madmaxny1 Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I am in New York as well and that seems like and amazing price. Would you mind sharing the name of company you used to broker the deal?

I checked out RVC, Massapequa, Rallye, Huntington and New Rochelle, and best price I got was $469/month with tax rolled in. I know its not a great deal and only about 11.3% off.

Options for the car are:
    Polar white/Black MBTex Prem 1, Multimedia, Keyless Go and 3year/30k miant. included.
    MSRP $46,414
    Selling $41,020
    27month - 12k/year
    MF .00113
    Resid 70%
    $469/month w/Taxes rolled in
    886 down=1st month and DMV fees.

Thank you,
  • Hi Forum - Please help. I am in Houston. The dealer has moved the maintenance out of the lease agreement and said he will give me a separate maintenance doc.
    MSRP - 39730 on C250 sedan selling price - 33500 MF -.000124 27 months 380.69 monthly payment.
    Is there a discount on MF for autopay and does the residual go up by 1% if i pick up the benz prepaid maintainence. The sales guy said yes but the finance guy upped the price of the car by 430, said not to autopay and residual increase, moved maintainence out of lease agreement but priced the monthly payment same at 380.69.

Please let me know.

Thanks
  • Hi jaegermister,

Don't let the dealer move the service plan onto separate paper!

If the service plan is part of the MBFS lease, then the service is residualized. Meaning if your RV is 70%, MB pays about 70% of the plan price for you.

Make sure your dealer is using MBFS for the financing the lease. I'd be very suspicious of a dealer wanting to move the lease to a separate document.

-ValleyGuy
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,410
    A reporter is looking for new car lessees. If you leased a new car in the past few months, and would like to share your story, please email your daytime contact information to pr@edmunds.com.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Thanks valleyguy.
    Does adding maintenance give you an extra 1% of residual.
    Please let me know if there is a MF money factor adjustment for auto payment.

Thanks
  • My understanding is service plans do not affect RV's. Personal experience with AutoPay and multiple security deposits is that was was once an option to reduce rates. I have not heard or seen anyone recently get that advantage. With interest rates so low and credit still kind of strict, it's somewhat of a different day.

I'd love to see someone actually get the discount, but rates are very low with very low profit margins for banks. Right now it looks like rates are strictly credit rating driven.

-ValleyGuy
    Learn the fees DMV, doc, bank! DMV, first mo, doc, bank fee= inception fees!
    Must pay, do yr research learn abt all the lingo so you don't get stuck, it will put you in control!
    I've done too much research at this point. It appears the base acquisition fee should be $795. Doc fee is really just dealer profit, and then the rest are registration/title related. I am going to attempt to push this offer down a little more -- or have them reduce the acq & doc fees.
  • ginder2kginder2k Posts: 5
    edited July 2013
    So i kept pushing and here's my final deal:

2013 c300 4matic sport with premium 1, panorama, spoiler, and multimedia package with tire coverage and maintenance.
    MSRP: $46,535
    Selling price: (not sure anymore)
    MF: 0.00103
    Down: $2570
    monthly: $379 (inclues tire warranty, and maintenance)
    miles/year: 12k
    27 month lease.

Im signing in a few hours. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks everyone.
  • You're getting a good deal. Some might debate the value of a tire protection plan, but each knows his local roads issues.

You've done very well!

-ValleyGuy
  • lisa0822lisa0822 Posts: 3
    I'm new to leasing and I've read that I should be negotiating the price of the car not the monthly price. I was told by my Mercedes dealer that c300 are not sold in Florida... Is there any specific dealership I should contact to get the best price on this model outside of Florida??? I've read that there are some incentives, are they location based??? Do I have to ask for them??.
    Any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. What can I expect to pay per month no money down 10k, premium package.

Thanks!!
    Thanks very much. Just got back from the dealer (prestige Benz in north jersey) with our new car. We needed the tire protection since I work in NYC, pothole city.
  • npar123npar123 Posts: 2
    hi everyone
    i am trying to negotiate a deal for a c300. here are the details

2013 c300 4matic premium 1, mmi, lane tracking, panoramic roof

msrp - 47740
    final cap cost - 39800
    mf : 0.00103
    with sign and drive 469 a month
    12k, 27mos.

sounds a good offer to me.
    what do you guys think

thanks.
    Hey. My numbers were very similar, but my final pricing was 379 a month. What's your residual?
  • mattheadmatthead Posts: 4
    Hey everyone, I'm looking over everyone's deal and it looks like the deal I was offered today is a little high. Can I get some input.

specs:
    c300 4matic premium 1 package, multimedia, lane tracking package

MSRP 47340
    residual 71%
    money factor ~.001
    cap cost 44k
    10k miles
    27months
    inception fees down 1100
    monthly payment was 480.

Input please
  • You have lots of room left to bargain. The purchase price bottom is about $7.3K off of msrp.

A residual of 71% would normally happen with 7500mi per year lease at 27 months. It's possible the dealer gave you extra RV rather than reveal the price. But make sure the deal facts are accurate.

-ValleyGuy
  • Hi ginder2k,

NYC & Jersey potholes and construction debris on roads is famous.

Thanks for letting us know about your great deal.

Enjoy!

-ValleyGuy
This discussion has been closed.