Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• 1stbenz1stbenz Posts: 1
    Local dealer offered me a $472/mon lease 10k yr, 39 mons. The MSRP on this car is 37,900. It's fully loaded including the Harmon Kardon entertainment system. Out of pocket 1700 bucks for 1st mon + incep fee. Plus they are paying the last 5 lease payments from another car, about 1,800.

Is this a steal????
  • ksolesksoles Posts: 19
    Considering the rate on them is 9% it seems like an Ok start, is the $472 include or + tax?

And honestly, willing to bet just about anything that "they" are not paying those last 5 payments, you still are. They are rolled into your C230 somewhere for sure, making a good impact on your monthly payment, approx $60-70+-.

List out the cars packages and the lease break down. Will show you where
  • dhkhandhkhan Posts: 27
    A Colorado dealer is discounting the remaining 2007 C230s $6,000 below MSRP, and that is because of MB support )I heard the term "3,000 trunk money" mentioned in this context). So, yeah, that's probably where the money for the 5 payments is coming.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Posts: 772
    This is one of those rare situations where "No reasonable offer will be refused" is actually true. Many MB dealers are swamped by leftover C230s and will do almost anything to get them off the lot--got to make room for the new model!

I got my 07 C350 for $10k off MSRP (but the 350 had $4k factory-to-dealer). That said, solid credit and a strong will might even get you a C230 for $8k off.

Happy hunting!
  • Does anyone have recent lease or purchase deals to share? I went to my local dealer last week and they offered only $500.00 off the MSRP and the starting price of the lease deal was full MSRP with a terrible MF. I informed the salesman that I did not see how they were selling any and that maybe I would come back in a month to see if MB has gotten a dose of reality. I got the feeling that he agreed with me but that the dealership or MB had tied his hands. He tried to push me to put up a refundable deposit saying maybe the lease and purchase prices would be better by the time the car arrived. Can't see why anyone, at this time would choose a C Class over a 3 series or an A4. If lease deals and purchase deal get better, then maybe......a big maybe.
    When I bought my 07 C350 last month, I talked with the dealer about the 08 (no intent to buy, just curious). Because I had already bought my car and we were just waiting for finance to finish the paperwork, he could be frank with me. He told me that they were easily selling their entire allocation without any discounts whatsoever.

"Can't see why anyone, at this time would choose a C Class over a 3 series or an A4"

I also own a BMW 330 Convertible and love it. So, when I started to get the car buying fever, I looked at BMW again. Even with the max discounts on a 335 of about $2500, a loaded 08 C350 was still less expensive than a comparably-equipped 335. So cost shouldn't be a big factor for you--just buy the one you like better.

As to the A4, there's simply no camparison. I've owned two Audis and loved both (the last was a TT Roadster). However, either the MB or BMW would mop the floors with the best-performing A4. From a practical perspective, both the BMW and MB offer more interior space. The only reasons I see to buy the Audi over the others are lower cost and styling preference. Even Audi's AWD is matched by BMWs Xi models and MB will follow with a 4matic soon.

If I were still in the market, I'd wait a little longer for the prices of both the BMW and MB to decline and then buy the one I liked better. By the way, I bought my 07 for the reasons I mentioned above: lower price and styling. I really prefer the curves of the 07 MB to the more industrial-looking 08 and it was about $10k cheaper than an 08 335 would have cost me.
  • Guys, would you please enter specifics, like what MF are you getting, price etc... and or specific discounts, this way we can use the forum more effectively?
    I reordered a 08 (see my previous post), recently the dealer e-mailed me about a $500 discount starting Oct 1st...
  • I got into an accident in July. I was hit by someone who was talking on the phone and went throuhg a red light. It was a T-bone collision and the driver side was hit directly. The firefighter spent 15 minutes to rescue me out and the car was totally lost. I felt so thankful to MB curtain airbag and side airbag. It saved my life. Therefore, I decided to lease anothere C-class (used to lease a C240). The new 08 C class is so popular. I have searched all the deals in L.A area and found it hard to neg. Finally, I leased one in Reverside.

2008 C-300 steel gray, auto, sport package with P02 option. 10,000 miles per year for 39 months. Total drive off was $3000 (included license fee, first month lease) for $499.99 per month including sales tax.

Please let me know if this is a good deal. Thanks.
  • What was the MSRP price? Did you get any discounts or rebates? what was the Money Factor ? Did you get any other options like Navigation or only the PO2 option ?
  • Hi, please !!!! answer : how match mons. payment for this car
    C-300 , 2008 !!!
    Down payment 4000 , i have driver license 1 mon.
    I am 25 .
    THANXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this is car forum # !!!!
  • osu18osu18 Posts: 17
    Car_Man or anybody else....please help with MF and residuals for the C300...!
  • Residual @ 61% 39 month lease
    MF Not sure.
  • Most people who fit into this car are between 18-39 and responsible with their money. Lets not not forget, this is not really a Luxury car. A fully loaded Camry will run you about the same. Youll see as many C-Classes on the road as Camry's due to the low price.

The entire car is complete PLASTIC. Mercedes needs to improve every aspect of the car in order to be on par with Lexus, Infiniti and Audi.

The C-Class was invented to give MB more market share. Not to be a Luxury car.

Some people are so silly.

"I have a Mercedes. It cost $29K"
  • Very bad deal.

My mother in law was also taken advantage of.

She is paying $550 with 15K miles a year for 39 Months for a $33K car. They gave her an MSRP of $45K!!!! (Um, where is the extra 12K coming from?)

Now I drive a $53K car and pay $700 a month. But I also have 18K miles per year and the car is superior to any Mercedes out there (except for the S550)

I told her to hold off or go get the Infinit G (which was rated best in its class) or the Lexus IS250.
    Please tell us what $53k car you lease that is superior to any Mercedes out there (except for the S550)i> so that we can all laugh. Would it be one of the gussied up Nissans? Or is it one of the bejeweled Toyotas? We all know it can't be a BMW or a Porsche because owners of those makes wouldn't be so arrogant as to dismiss an entire line of premium automobiles (except, of course, for the S550). I guess you've never heard of the MB SLR, SL, or AMG models...
  • LOL

Silly Vinny
    Silly is a good adjective. We'll let the other forum readers decide whom it describes...
  • osu18osu18 Posts: 17
    I agree with the Silly portion as Mr. Cantinflas just likes to be ironic without bringing anything to the table. I'm waiting for the moment where Camry's and C Classes sell in the same amount.....as he claims, the c class is not a bargain at all, and the financials continue not to make sense...I'm not waiting any longer for MB to have decent financial and I'm getting a 330i...better MF, about the same residual and all services included for the 3 years I'm leasing, which is about another $500 saved in services... Bye bye C Class, I'm not going to miss you! :P
  • The fed drop 50 basis points today, lets see how long does it take to trickle into the MF's the subprime issues are now hitting the auto market also, i guess if you cant make sense of the payments you can afford the car...
    I agree with you on the financial aspects. There's no way I would have bought my C350 if it weren't for the huge discount--especially since I sold my 330 CiC to do it. I love the car, but the depreciation and maintenance costs are very steep. Now that BMW is the only premium automaker offering the free maintenance package, it makes them even more attractive. I'm sure I'll look at BMW again in two years when I'm bored with the MB.
  • 6sp, pan roof, p1 package, spoiler (dealer add-on). total msrp - 36480. 1600 discount, 39mo/12kmi = $643/mo (mf .00345). thoughts?
  • Youre about $200 a month too high.

You can lease a much nicer E350 for that price.

Lets not forget, its a C-Class. This is the entry level vehicle.

Check out the E-Class forums. You will surely be able to work out a deal for the same price on a $55K car.
  • damn...it is the money factor that is killing me, right?
  • zero..I don't like to put cash on a lease
  • If you put Zero on Lease and at about 7.5% interest is not such a horrible deal (is not great).
    Zero down on a E-Class would be about 750 to 900 depending on the package. I hope this helps
  • I guess I am close....but my current offer is 8.2% (.00345)
  • In NJ, $0 Down (Just inception fees)

18K Miles = $710-$720
    12K Miles = $625-$635

Please send me anyone who paid more. I have a bridge I would LOVE to sell them!
  • A source at MB has mentioned that everyone is being ripped off right now on the C-Class.

You must pay a premium since the car is still so new.

Since this car is so affordable, MB will have a very tough time producing enough of these cars. The demand is bigger than the supply.

No Doubt that this car will probably outsell Camry and Accord. You will just have to ask yourself "is it really worth it?"
  • "No Doubt that this car will probably outsell Camry and Accord." -mmoreno1978

Look, it's a pretty attractive car (I'm clearly a fan or I wouldn't be in this forum), but this new C-Class and the BMW 3-Series combined wouldn't outsell the Camry or Accord in America, ever, period. It would mean something terrible for either of the Japanese companies if they received ANY honest competition volume-wise from the world's preeminent luxury/prestige brand.

That said, I don't care how many they sell so long as they come out with a more attractive leasing program before my current lease is up in March.

-Josh
This discussion has been closed.