Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes-Benz C-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Re-posting with more detail:

2012 C300 Sport
    MSRP with options: 43,370
    Invoice Per Edmunds: 40,396
    KBB fair value: 39,393
    Miles: 10K
    Term: 33 months
    Down: 0
    Trade-in: No
    Monthly payment: 539/Month
    Sales Tax: rolled into lease payments
    First payment, including first monthly lease installment: 707
    Old lease being replaced: 7 months left at 640/month

Money factor being used: 0.0177

As I discovered, for the purpose of sales tax, it doesnt matter where you buy the car. Matters where you live. so I'm stuck with that extra, being an Illinois resident :-(

Any feedback is welcomed. thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi kevlarvest. Have you finalized this deal yet? I ask because I heard that Mercedes significantly enhanced its lease offer on the 2012 C300 Sedan for May, by $40 to $50 per month. MB Finance's new special lease money factor for this car is .00092 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • kevlarvestkevlarvest Posts: 5
    edited May 2012
    I unfortunately did close the deal on the last day of April, after waiting for feedback here..:-( sure did look real solid, and never could I have imagined a money factor of 0.00092 becoming available. I incorrectly stated in my last post the money factor offered to be 0.017, it's 0.0017 obviously. from all accounts of previous posts here, sounded like I couldn't have done much better.

In fairness, all parts of the deal were good-looking (66% residual and 0.0017 by itself is good and I got a pretty good rebate on the selling price, based on KBB and edmunds guidance; shaking them down for an extra $800 at the end, 2 hours past their closing time) . The other neat part about the deal was that they treated my 7-month early lease return as a trade-in; thereby reducing the amount of ST I was on the hook for by ~2000; which swung the payment by about $60.

But to know that I could've done a whole bunch better will now bug me, atleast for a bit..:-| I hope you're wrong for my sanity sake.
  • kevlarvestkevlarvest Posts: 5
    to clarify, it was a variation of the deal above; not the same exact deal. Same monthly payment for more car (45600 MSRP, no down)
  • cal2000cal2000 Posts: 10
    Hello Car_man,

Has any enhancement done by MBUSA for C250 coupes?
    Thanks!
  • aquanautaquanaut Posts: 3
    Hi Car man,

What is the risidual and money factor on for May lease on the C300 4Matic Sport for 33 months.

I was going to get an audi A4, but after I test drove it, I changed my mind.
  • bigdomer94bigdomer94 Posts: 3
    Car Man,

Would you please confirm residual and MF for May for the C250 sport sedan? I believe that the residual is 64% for 33 months - 27,500 miles (10k/year), but not sure about the buy rate on the money factor. Also, please confirm residual assuming 12k miles/year.

Thanks in advance.
  • cal_newbiecal_newbie Posts: 1
    Hi, All, a newbie asking for help, any input would be much appreciated.
    my situation: leased a 2008 mb CLK350 coupe, less than 4yrs ago, through a friend at a dealership, MSRP around $52k, 48 mo. lease, total 2k down drive off, 12k miles/yr. 47 payments of $430/mo, tax included. I got it right before they discontinued CLK350, was told that i got a huge discount, so it's a good deal.
    Fast forward, 5 payments left on this car, wanna change to a 2012 C250 sedan, but the friend's gone, have to find a new dealership by myself. I don't expect the same kind of good deal, but I expect less downpayment and about same or even less monthly payment.
    Went to a new dealership, played hard ball back and forth, eventually, they agreed to take back the clk, put me in this c250 sedan, MSRP $45290, but it's $1400 to drive off, 33mo. lease, 10k miles/yr., and 32 payments of $460 tax included. They say no more room for negotiation, that's it. They even show me the screen, saying they took a loss, which i highly doubt it. Anyway, the number that I remembered on the computer screen is a residual value 64%, and a money factor of 0.00073, or maybe only two zeros? They say they can't do anything about those two numbers, it's set by the bank. Is that really??
    Anyway, one thing i know for sure, is that my monthly payment is up for a car with less msrp. To make things even more complicated, they put me on a 2yr service plan, which is $10 per month. All in all, my monthly payment ends up a little over $470.
    When I got home, I googled money factor, and found this forum and a online calculator, When I put the numbers from my lease into the calculator, it gives me a whopping 3.7%APR. Now I'm totally confused. Did i just make a bad deal? My brother told me when he leased his ford sedan during a promotion, he got APR less than 1%. Maybe I'm comparing apple to orange here.

Anyone can explain the situation here? I put as much info as possible about my lease here, hopefully some experts here can give some inside analysis. Thanks in advance.
    C250 Sedan with P1, lighting, multimedia, sport sedan, keyless, etc. sticker price $45290.
    agreed value $39102.7
    gross capitalized cost $40616.7
    capitalized cost reduction $476.41
    adjusted capitalized cost $40140.29
    residual value 29381.76
    Depreciation amortized amounts 10758.53
    Rent Charge $3510.34
    Total base monthly payment 14268.87
    Lease payment 33
    Base Monthly Pament 432.39
    Sales tax 37.83
    Total monthly 470.22
    Mileage allowance $27500, acquisition fee $895, charge for maintenance agreement $619
    amount due at signing $1400.
  • ccc23ccc23 Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    Hi

I'm wondering if the following is a good deal for a C300

Premium 1 and Mulitmedia; $44,510 MSRP

$2,200 fees, taxes, registration all in to drive out the door, including first lease payment

$425/month including taxes

What do you think?

Sorry, I should add 33 months and 12,000 miles.
    Hello cal2000. Unfortunately, Mercedes still isn't providing any lease support on C350 Coupes in May.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi aquanaut. According to the latest information that I have seen, Mercedes-Benz Financial's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 33-month lease of a 2012 C300 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00092 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Sure bigdomer94. Mercedes-Benz Financial's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 33-month lease of a 2012 C350 Sport Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00153 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you for the reply. Dealer is refusing to honor the buy rate money factor and the advertised acq. fee. Sure is frustrating to see how much money they try to bury in the F&I profits.
  • bbsqueenbbsqueen Posts: 6
    hi ccc23,

Did you qualify for any incentive like Employee program or Conquest discount?

Looks like a very good deal.
  • bbsqueenbbsqueen Posts: 6
    Hi bfeller,

Did you qualify for any incentive ?

Thanks.
  • aquanautaquanaut Posts: 3
    I got my car this weekend.

C300 4MATIC sedan, 44k MSRP.

24 Month lease, 10k miles, $411 per month with $1998 down including first payment. I live in NYC.
  • npshanpsha Posts: 3
    Hi

I am planning to lease C250 in near future. The one that I like have following config -

Palladium silver / MB Tex
    P1 package
    Light package
    single COMAND disk package
    RV camera
    18" AMG alloy wheels
    spoiler and chrome handle inserts

MSRP - $44,500
    Gross Cap cost : $39470 (38375 + 1095)
    down - $2500

Payments : $407 for 33 months , 10K miles....

What do you guys think ? worth it ?

Thanks
    NPS

NEt
    Doesn't look bad to me. It appears that they are selling you the car well under invoice. They have the extra F&I profit in the MF (it looks like it is .00173 instead of the buy rate of .00153 - probably costing you about $500 over the life of the lease) and they marked up the acq fee by $300 from $795 to $1,095. The dealer did the exact same thing to me on the acq fee and the MF, however your discount is lower so you are getting a better deal than I was able to negotiate this past week.
  • npshanpsha Posts: 3
    Thanks for the quick reply bigdomer94.

I went in as a AAA/COSTCO member and asked what they can do over these discounts....I tried getting maintenance also included in the payment but they did not agree.

Hopefully I will lease it this weekend.

Thanks again.

NPS
  • bdewittbdewitt Posts: 13
    2012 C300W4 Sport
    33 months/12k per year
    State: Pennsylvania (9% lease tax rate)

MSRP: $44,510
    Price: $39,613.05
    Acq. Fee: $995
    Prior Loan Balance: $1,557.32 (neg. eq from trade).
    ______________________________________________________-
    Total Due at Signing (incluidng first month's payment) $673.42
    32 Payments Remaing of: $536.92
This discussion has been closed.