Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Are there any rebates for customers switching from BMW?

Are there any rebates on E350 right now?

My lease is ending at the end of Februrary. Historically, are MB february or march lease deals better?
  • Hi joescar1. Mercedes-Benz Financial's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 E350 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00162 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Yes, eric312, Mercedes is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on E350 4Matic and $3,000 on E350 non-4Matic models to current owners and lessees of BMWs. This is a certificate program though and dealers may have a limited number of them to use.

It's difficult to say what Mercedes' March lease program will be like at this point.

Car_man
    Host
  • eric312eric312 Posts: 71
    edited February 2012
    Thank you car man!

Are there any rebates on e350 in addition to BMW customers rebates?

On mbusa.com specials are for 33 months. Is it possible/better in order to get lower monthly payments to do 36 or 39 months lease?
  • You're welcome eric312. The way Mercedes-Benz has its lease program currently structured I suspect that the 33-month term will result in the lowest monthly payment.

Other than owner loyalty cash, which probably cannot be combined with the conquest cash, I am not aware of any cash incentives that are available on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 931
    edited February 2012
    If you haven't considered the bluetec, you might want to drive one..it's quite a car...and it has a very high residual value so it may actually be the least expensive e350 to lease. Check the 24 month rates...on the diesel, they have had the highest residuals and therefor the lowest leasing costs.

Just for interest, ask your dealer to price out a 24 month lease on a bluetec using 10 multiple security deposts vs a gas e350 equipped with the same features on a 24 or 33 month lease. I think you'll be shocked at the difference in the lease costs....the bluetec may be much more interesting to you after that comparison.

Note: MSD's are not "money down"...they are a loan to mercedes to reduce the money factor and you get the money back. You can read about them in this forum...
  • Hi Car_man,

I sure wish I had found this site and the information from you and others earlier. Here is the deal I worked up today, I hope I did good. (I pick it up Thursday and actually finalize the rates then so if there is someone to get a better rate please let me know. I already have them checking into the security deposits option mentioned earlier).

2012 E350 Cabriolet
    Diamond White Metallic
    Almond Mocha leather
    Premium 2 Launch Pkg
    Rear spoiler
    Wood Trim Pkg
    Appearance Pkg
    mbrace
    Burl Walnut wood trim
    Black Soft Top
    Driver Assistance Pkg
    3 Yr Maintenance Pkg

Retail Price: $73,609.00 (MSRP $72,840.00 + $769 - 3 yr Maint)
    Negotiated Savings: $ 7,336.00
    Selling Price: $66,273.00
    Fees: $ 903.50
    Sales Tax: $ 4090.59
    Net Sales Price: $71,267.09

(Note: Current USAA Special Pricing released yesterday is: -$2,750.00 under invoice)

Lease Will be:
    36 Month / 10K Miles
    $1325.67 at signing
    $950.58 / month

*Note – I was going to put between $15K down which would be a payment of $526.02.
    I think I will keep my money and go with a higher payment.

I was told the Money Factor was: .00207
    The dealer mentioned you can get a ¼ of a percent off the rate if you go with automatic payment debits.

USAA seemed to save a lot. How does this look above?
    If you make multiple security deposits (max 10), you should be able to reduce that mf to .00137 and you get the money back at the end of the lease. It should make a significant difference in your payments and your total cost.
  • psoftpsoft Posts: 1
    Hello Got it! Can you share where you got this lease - i am on the prowl for same car. Thanks
    A.
  • How much is each security deposit?
    There is some confusion on the part of dealers on this....and I don''t know what mercedes actually says it should be...in fact, they seem to accept most anything. In my case, each security deposit was the amount of my monthly payment including tax. Others have paid the amount of their monthly payment without tax but rounded up to the next $50. I actually think the latter is right, but I haven't actually read mercedes manual on leasing (and apparently the dealers haven't either).
  • I just got a quote for 2012 E350 bluetec with P2. $8240.21 drive off. $7000 are in MSD. 24 month/ 10k. Is this good??
    Doesn't sound right....$700/mo payment is too high...what are the details?
  • Car Man,
    Can you post the MF and residuals for both the E350 BlueTec and 4Matic sedan at 10,000 miles/year for 33 months?
    Thanks,
    Richard
    You are asking the wrong question. My guess is that some salesman told you that 33 months is the "optimal" lease point and you believed them.

You have to look at the specific cars and all of the lease lengths to see which is the best deal. BTW, the best deal has been on the bluetec for 24 months....33 months actually cost more per month.

I encourage you to look at 24 mos, 33 mos and 36 mos and then work all of them thru....with and without MSD's to see what the best deal is for the car you want. Don't just guess which is best by eyeballing the money factor and residual values....and don't rely on the dealer to tell you which is the best...unless he can show it to you in comparison with the other lease lengths.
  • Hi jarhead87. The selling price that you were quoted, $2,750 under invoice, looks good. The money factor looks a little high though. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor for this car is only .00167 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Make sure that the dealer uses this factor to calculate your car's payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • I believe that Mercedes-Benz Financial's security deposit is one's vehicle's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Richard. Mercedes-Benz Financial's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 33-month lease of a 2012 E350 4Matic with 10,000 miles per year are .00158 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Mercedes-Benz is not providing any lease support on the E350 BlueTec right now. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial you would have to use its standard lease money factors. This car's residual value for a 33-month, 10k lease would be 70%.

Car_man
    Host
    And you want to compare the 33 month lease on a gas car to a 24 month lease on the blutec...with a residual of about 76% (guess) and with the MSD's it brings the standard mf down to about where the gas car is "promotionally" priced. You have to run both cases to compare the cost of each lease...

So CarMan....what is the mercedes "standard mf" rate for tier 1 this month and what is the residual for the blutec for 24 months?
  • Hi ghstudio. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current Tier 1 buy rate is .00225, though this may vary somewhat by region.

The 24-month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for the E350 BlueTec is 75%.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.