Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• ghstudioghstudio Posts: 931
    I believe that you can't stack USAA and conquest money....it's one or the other.
  • orthoresorthores Posts: 2
    I cannot stack conquest on USAA.

Renegotiated, got what I am happy with.

thanks for the input!
  • hx_guyhx_guy Posts: 39
    So...what was the deal? You have to share! :D
  • datunludatunlu Posts: 10
    edited June 2012
    Hope this would help. I just leased a new E350 with P2 and bunch of other smaller options that totals to a MSRP of a little bit above 60k. the 33 month residual value is 63% with the money factor of 0.0015, note, if you go with a 36 month, the residual drops to 54%, really a rip-off. We want only 10k miles per year and after the pre-paid maintenance, the final monthly is just a couple of bucks above 600. This monthly number includes all fees and taxes with a 2k drive off. Best luck, guys, it is a great car, I am glad I did not go with the BMW.
  • aijaij Posts: 3
    Hi guys, just got a quote from dealer on E-350 below.

"We can put you in a E350 4matic with an MSRP of $60035 for $698.59 for 33 months with 12000 miles per year. The money factor is .00116, the residual is $37221.70 and due at delivery is $1078.98 including 1st pymt with acq fee of $795 rolled in. "

Is it a good deal? Never had a lease before so need some help please. I need to close out a deal by Saturday.

Thanks much!
  • Hi aij,
    Its hard to assess the deal as the dealer is not providing you with the final sales price. I also don't know if the MF quoted is indeed the base rate MF for a 33/12 lease on 2012 E350 4matic.

Nonetheless, assuming a sales tax of 7.75% and that monthly payment (698.59) includes tax, I roughly calculated a final sales price of $54289 (includes the 795 acquisition fee). Given the incentives that may be available such as Conquest, USAA, etc., I think you can push for a better sales price.

Cheers!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome Vince. Mercedes-Benz Finance's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48-month lease of a 2012 E350 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year would be .00150 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • rravinrravin Posts: 27
    Hi Car man,
    Want to know the MF(tier 1), residual%, and sweet spot for lease (Iv'e read 33mo for the gas vehicle).Not sure but from what I'm reading it sounds like 33mo is better than 36mo and that 15k miles is better than 12k. Is this right?. I live in Los Angeles, CA. Does the competive conquest program apply here? Is origination charge $795 correct? Can the conquest program be combined with the MSD's. and does each MSD lower the MF by .0007 or .00007. Seems to be some discrepency between posts from others on this thread.
    Thanks in advance for your help both now and in the past.
    rravinmd :)
    Does California allow MSD"s :)
    This may be a silly question but when you say the maintence should be capitalized not just charged in full over the 33mo. Do you mean that it should be part of the residual value of the car so that instead of paying 100% for the maintance you pay 100%-61% (estimated residual value of car)?
  • bknycbknyc Posts: 57
    Lease is almost up on my 2010 E350 4Matic and started to look at 2012- Fully loaded (about $65k includes 3 yr maint) negotiated $639 p/m (including NJ tax) for 33 mos/10K miles and $1027 at delivery (includes 1st month, tags etc..) Have fleet discount/loyalty-

1-Good price?
    2-Will deals get more aggressive over the summer?
    3-Should I wait for 2013 model (have 4 mos left on current lease)
    sweet spot is 33 mos for gas cars, 24 mos for bluetec. Conquest money is independent of multiple security deposits, you can use both. I believe MSD's are offered in California. Origination charge by Mercedes is $795...dealers seem to want to mark this up to $1095. Each MSD drops the money factor by .00007 .... if you take the maximum 10 Security deposits, it would drop the money factor by .0007. MSD's are (generally) not applicable to promotional money factors and are applicable to the "base rate". However, some cars do not have promotional money factors such as the bluetec's.

The best "deal" is the 24 mo bluetec lease with 10 MSD's....you won't believe how inexpensively you can drive a $60K car.
    Yes, if you purchase the Mercedes maintenance package (not some "better" package offered by your dealer", it becomes a feature on the car and it is handled like any other feature.

Note: some dealers do it this way, some charge the full amount just charged monthly over the life of the lease...and, mystifyingly, Mercedes finance seems to accept either one. My maintenance was handled like any other feature and I think I'm paying about $200 for two years of maintenance.
  • david2udavid2u Posts: 37
    Currently have a 2010 E350 4 matic Luxury edition. Original lease was 39 months, with 15K per year.
    Current lease is 668.00 (I paid the taxes up front).
    Going into a 2012 E350 4 matic sport, 33 months, 15K per year @ 650.00 per month.
    P1, fold down rear seat, some sort of container in the trunk, and rear deck spoiler.
    Total drive off is 3600.00 (Tax, bank fee, etc).
    Here's the good part....I had 9 months left on the 2010, was 1500 miles away from going over, and 3,000 miles away from being out of warranty.
    I do get a 2K fleet discount but, I thought this deal was just way too good to pass up.
    Plus, if I went into a different make, I'd have to pay the "disposition" fee.
    Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know what the Residual% and the MF is for the E350 Sedan (gas vehicle) for the 33mo/15k miles per year are? I have tier 1 credit.
    Hi Car man,
    Want to know the MF(tier 1), residual%, and sweet spot for lease of E350 sedan.(Iv'e read 33mo for the gas vehicle).Not sure but from what I'm reading it sounds like 33mo is better than 36mo and that 15k miles is better than 12k. Is this right?. I live in Los Angeles, CA. Does the competive conquest program apply here? Is origination charge $795 correct? Can the conquest program be combined with the MSD's. and does each MSD lower the MF by .0007 or .00007. Seems to be some discrepency between posts from others on this thread.
    Thanks in advance for your help both now and in the past.
    rravinmd
  • bknycbknyc Posts: 57
    edited June 2012
    Car man- good deal??
    david2u...why are you paying all that money up front? Does your state REQUIRE that you pay taxes up front? Why are you paying the bank fee up front? Have you looked at multiple security deposits? have you included maintenance in your lease?
  • david2udavid2u Posts: 37
    The upfront is for the taxes, the bank fee, MV fees, and first month lease payment.
    I just hate to pay interest on taxes.
    I didn't put maintenance on it....I still have time.
    Picking up the car Saturday.
    How much is the maintenance, and what does it cover?
    I thought them taking my car back with 9 payments left was fair, so I didn't nickel and dime them.
    edited June 2012
    you don't pay interest on taxes....taxes are added to the monthly charge each month. There is no advantage to paying them up front unless your state requires you to do so.

Maintenance covers the maintenance of the car by mercedes and by including it in the lease as a feature, you may find that you only pay a part of the list price. Get them to quote the same lease with maintenance included.....find the difference in price between with/without maintenance and multiply by the length of your lease. If they residualized it, the total will be far less than the MSRP of the maintenance.

Be careful...if you wait for the "financial guy" when you pick up the car, he will just ask for a check for the full amount. Be smart...ask your salesman to include Mercedes (not some third party) maintenance in your lease and get the monthly payments. Tell him "please include the maintenance as a feature on the car....as they do on the mercedes web site when you configure a car there".
This discussion has been closed.