Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• robertw477robertw477 Posts: 179
    edited June 2012
    I was just offered the following. E-350 Bluetec with 12K miles yr P1 package 24 months $525 a month which includes P1 package. This came from a car broker. I am in South Fla so the tax is 6%.

With Single Pay (One Pay for the Lease) 446.00 Month Inc Tax
    With MSD x 10 455.00 Month Inc Tax

Inceptions are First Month, 795 Bank Fee, Plates.

Robert
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 930
    Msd's are safer. Get Mercedes maintenance rolled into the lease as a feature on the car. Consider getting a p2 car for the much improved lighting. The 24 mo bluetec lease is tHe best lease deal in the market....and it's a terrific car.
    edited June 2012
    I have a few questions for anyone who has dealt with MB leasing. Previosly I have dealt with Acura who is the best leasing companyfor many reasons, no end of lease fees, allowances for over miles or minor damages to $1500.00, no hassles if tires are pretty worn etc. How is MB at end of lease? Are there and scheduled service on these leases that you are forced to use MB dealer repair. I would appreciate any information about their leasing policies both pro and con. I have to make a decision this weekend. Thanks Robert
    There are barely any Bluetecs around any more. The new ones I was told come in October? So I can only get the P1 based on that is available. Have you ever leased from MB before? I am wondering about how they are to deal with. Audi was nto good and I wont buy another one. Acura has been great with me (American Honda)
  • rravinrravin Posts: 27
    Hi Car man,
    Can you please tell me the July MF (tier 1 credit) and residual % for leasing a 2012 Mercedes E350 4-door sedan(gas model) for 33months 12k and 15k respectively. Is The competitive conquest program still in effect and can MSD's be used. I am located in Los Angeles, CA. Any other fees besides origination charge of $795, and tax/license that I should expect to pay up front?
    Need to make a decision quickly. Thanks in advance for your help
    rravinmd. :)
  • vhl71vhl71 Posts: 9
    edited July 2012
    Not gettingg much luck with the dealer here in canada. Only giving 2k off msrp

Which turns out to be 72000

With 4.9% lease rate (36mo) and 12000kms a year the payment comes to 1160 a month

Isn't it too much for a e350?

Any other canadians who had a better deal?
  • msajanmsajan Posts: 7
    Hi everyone, I have the same questions as rravinmd, does anyone know this information?

thanks
    Mark
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi rravin. The 33-month term is definitely better than the 36-month term on this car right now, but neither mileage allowance, 12k or 15k, is necessarily better than the other. It all depends upon how many miles you need. If you're going to use 15,000 miles per year definitely go with that option.

Mercedes-Benz Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 33-month lease of a 2012 E350 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

MB Finance's base acquisition fee is indeed $795.

The conquest cash certificates should be available in your area. I don't see why it wouldn't be compatible with MSDs.

Each additional deposit lowers the money factor by .00007.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Robert. As far as service goes, I never performed more than tire rotations and oil changes and they didn't seem to care about that, but Mercedes-Benz Finance is one of the few companies that did indeed hit me with an excess wear and tear charge when I turned in my leased vehicle. I was actually fairly surprised. It wasn't huge, but I still wasn't thrilled about it. Getting dinged with the $595 disposition fee is pretty annoying as well.

I wouldn't say that MB Finance is terrible, but you probably won't find your experience with them as pleasant as your experience with Acura Finance.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey rravin. Mercedes-Benz Financial's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 33-month lease of a 2012 E350 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

At lease signing, you will have to pay your vehicle's first month's payment and acquisition fee.

Car_man
    Host
  • msajanmsajan Posts: 7
    edited July 2012
    Hi Car_Man, thanks for the information, much appreciated.

A few questions: is the MF of .00127 the same for 12K miles per year as well?

Also, what is issued when one uses MSDs? Is it noted on the lease contract only, or do you get other documentation as well from MBFS showing you have a deposit with them?

Also are MSD's in increments of $500 or any amount?

Thanks
    Mark
    the mf is the same for any mileage....only the residual changes

The MSD's are shown on the contract

The amount of each MSD is calculated differently by different dealers and MB Finance doesn't seem to care. In my case they figured each security deposit as my monthly payment including tax with no rounding and they insisted this was correct (they were, of course, wrong but that's what I paid). The correct way to do it, I think, is to take your calculated monthly payment without tax and round it up to the nearest $50. I have also seen dealers who use the calculated monthly lease payment before applying the MSD discount and rounding that up to the next $50. No matter which method they use, you will get whatever you paid back at the end of the lease.
    You're very welcome Mark. Yes, the money factor would indeed be the same for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year.

Security deposits are usually equivalent to your vehicle's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment. I'm not sure what sort of documentation Mercedes-Benz Financial issues lessees who make additional security deposits, but I don't think that the deposits would just disappear.

Car_man
    Host
  • vhl71vhl71 Posts: 9
    edited July 2012
    Any inout on this from Canadians?
    Does anyone know the difference in discount that one gets off an e class on these three programs. I've seen that Costco and USAA are about the same but I see very little discussion of the AmEx discount or other buying club discounts.

I believe that the conquest cash (currently $3000) is not combinable with any of the above, but the mercedes club and mercedes finance discounts ARE combinable witih each other and combinable with the above three programs.

Could anyone clarify this mess of options.

I'd like to lease a 2012 this month and while there is no costco near us, I can still join, etc.
    I am looking for the Bluetec model because that has the better lease residual. However I went locally with the AMEX/Conquest deal in South Fla. They made me a crazy high offer. I mentioned to the salesman later about MSDs and he said those dotn do anything for the rate since interest rates are low. They were at 740 for the E350+ P1. Does anyone know when for the 2013 Bluetech modeals since no 2012s are available? I may wait???

Rob
    One more thing. I never got any great deals from the costco offers no matter who the dealer was or what the car brand was.

Rob
  • Hi Car Guy,

Can you confirm if a 33 month lease is still available on the 2012 E350 in July? I just had a dealership that I am negotiating with tell me that MBF has removed the 33 month lease for the month and has the 30 month at the same residual and MF (60% and .00127 for 15K)?

Thanks and if possible, I need to know ASAP because I plan on leasing either today or tomorrow.

Thanks

Jon
  • rravinrravin Posts: 27
    Hi ghstudio,
    The dealer is telling me that the mf of .00127 is a promotional mf on the e350 sedan(gas model). Do you know if this is correct? need answer asap... :)
    rravin.
  • Car man:

What is the residual value and money factor for a 2013 E550 Cabriolet. I'm being told 51% with a 15k mile lease and a money factor of .21%.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.