Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• ghstudioghstudio Posts: 931
    I don't know if that is the accurate current rate, but it's lower than I've seen anywhere, so I'm pretty confident it's some sort of promotional rate. If it is a promotional rate, the dealer may not allow you to use MSD's against that rate.
  • I heard different interpretations for the MSD to bring down the money factor for the lease. Is there any catch for this? In case of an accident, do you lose any or all your MSDs?

Thanks!
  • robertw477robertw477 Posts: 179
    The people who you spoken to have no clue about this. I think this is one of those things that is never promoted. MSDs are not one of those cap cost reductions on the car. In my opion cap costs reductions are a rip off and make no sese. The idea of leasing a car is not to put any money down, except in the case of the MSD program that has significant pricing benefit. It the car is lost, stolen etc the MSDs have no bearing. You are secure with that money and will not lose anything. (This assumes of course you are insured) My local dealer told me that MSDs wont matter because interest rates are low. That is not true either as shown by others here in the pricing they got. I want the E350 Bluetec because of the great residual on that car. I am trying to find out when the 2013 cars will be in. Maybe I can get my lease with that car if there is available inventory. At the end of your lease you get the MSD money back. If you do damage to the that will be deducted from the MSDs, however you would be responsible either way for any excess damage.

Robert
    Well explained....

Few dealers want to explain to their customers that paying a bit more per month is a better deal! 99% of car salesmen and buyers focus on the monthly payment....not the money down or any other costs. If the salesman can bring the monthly payment down by any means, they increase their odds of selling car.

So it's simple math.....if you pay $5000 up front, you will reduce each payment by roughly $5000/number of months in the lease.

In the case of MSD's, you loan mercedes a "large" amount of cash (e.g. $5000) and your monthly payments are higher than if you used that money for a cash down payment up front....therefore, it's viewed as a poor deal (to those who really don't understand finances or leasing).

What most buyers and almost no dealers do is to add up all the cash outflows (and inflows at the end from MSD's) and select the deal that has the lowest overall cost over the life of the lease.
  • Thanks for your help in explaining the difference between cap cost reduction and MSDs. The MSDs seem to be the no-brainer between the two.
  • scottamcscottamc Posts: 6
    Hi Guys,

I currently have a 2009 c300 lease that is due in a few months. Fully loaded with p2+amg with only 19k miles. MBZ dealership contacted me and offered to take 4 remaining payments, waive turn in fee, wouldn’t pay upcoming dmv on it (39m lease) and offered me this below…

2012 E 350 w/ p2+amg wheel pckg+rear spoiler+Sport package+lane tracking pckg with msrp $59,725 for $50,800. ~14.9% discount it looks like. Lease for 24 months at 522.27+tax in CA=$567.97 monthly payment. w/ $2000 OTD down (1st months payment+tax+dmv lic,etc)

What do you guys think...feedback?
  • bass_fisherbass_fisher Posts: 16
    edited July 2012
    This sounds a good deal. I know Mercedes is offering different rebates for USAA ($4k), Conquest($3k) or Loyalty ($2k), depending on what you may qualify. The best deal I have seen is
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.eea6b46/1783#MSG1783, which is more than $10k below MSRP.

However, it is getting very hard to find the car you like given the low inventory.
  • 1985mb1985mb Posts: 54
    Quite a few posts alluding to how good the 24mo Bluetec leases are. What are the residuals (12k/yr) and money factor?

I saw a post from late May which 76% and .00250 - is that still the case?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi Jon. Mercedes might not be doing the Value Added use of 30-month numbers for 33-month terms this month. I believe that it is advertising 24-month leases of this car right now. Chances are that's the most attractive term at this time.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 E350 Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 67%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Yes, rravin, the money factor that you were quoted is correct.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi morrislener1. Mercedes-Benz Financial's July residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 E550 Convertible is 53%. Did you mean that you were quoted a money factor of .00210? Mercedes is not providing any lease support on this model right now, so that money factor is probably about right.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi 1985mb. Mercedes-Benz Financial's residual values for the E350 Bluetec are solid. Its current 24-month, 15,000 mile per year residual for this car is 74%.

Mercedes is not currently providing any lease support on this car. As a result, if you were to lease one through MB Financial, you would have to use its standard lease money factors. I believe that its standard rates vary by credit tier and possibly by region as well. A factor of .00250 sounds slightly high. I suspect that if your credit is in good shape that you'll probably be able to get more like .00210.

Car_man
    Host
  • msajanmsajan Posts: 7
    Hello Car_man,

I am contemplating a 2012 or wait for 2013 e350. Do you know any historical info on how new models are priced/ discounted / lease supported in the few months when both model years are on the lot? (I am guessing July/ Aug & Sep are the overlap months)

Thanks..Mark
    The best buy right now is the 24 mo bluetec lease.....75% residual and mf of .0014 using multiple security deposits. $3000 conquest money if you drive most any other car plus $1500-$2000 off if you have a current lease or finance through mercedes finance......and that's without any discount off the car.

Putting it together, the lease if you pay list price (MSRP) for a $60K e bluetec (if you can find one) would be around $650 plus tax. Get a $3000 discount on the car from the dealer and that drops below $500 per month and that's with $0 down up front, just the MSD loan to mercedes.

note: obviously those are rough numbers, but you get the idea.....
  • robertw477robertw477 Posts: 179
    I wish I knew where to find one of the Bluetecs. I have been told that there are none and new ones in Oct? Any ideas who has a car on this?

Rob
  • rravinrravin Posts: 27
    Thanks for the info. I've asked the dealer to include the maintenance in the price of the car and he is adding it into the net cap cost part of the lease equation but not increasing the MSRP of the car. When I ask him why he said something about not being able to do this because it was not a physical item on the car so it was handled differently. Is he right? He has been pretty straight forward with me regarding mf,residual etc. As it stands now the MSRP is $61,310 and my net cap cost is $ 52,925. These numbers do not factor in any maintenance program. This is with drive off of tax and license and 1st payment. The acquisition fee of $795 I've had added into the lease(net cap cost). Discount of $8385. Mf. .00127 residual for 24mo 15k/yr is 67%. What do you think should I tell him no deal if he won't increase the MSRP for adding the maintenance program even though he is residulizing it into the lease via and increase in the net cap cost? Thanks for your input.
    rravin :) :)
    Unfortunately, he's probably doing it correctly.....some dealers don't. There is little/no advantage to paying it in advance if he's not adding it to the MSRP. Just go with the flow and enjoy the car.
  • mxr79mxr79 Posts: 1
    Interested in leasing an E350 Coupe - any advice, specials, or are the deals better on the Sedan? I see some great posts on the 24m/33m, etc...
  • 1985mb1985mb Posts: 54
    Is there a way to reduce the mf further via single pay? Or is single pay incompatible with MSD?

Also, one of the few P2 blutecs I found is a demo with 5k miles, technically being sold as new and qualifies for their lease programs. does conquest cash apply? I can't any official info on CC so I can't tell.

theoretically the selling price or gross cap cost on this car should be lower than what people are reporting on their new bluetecs@ around 15+% off msrp incl CC
  • scottamcscottamc Posts: 6
    Anyone know residuals & moneyfactors for 10k miles & 7500 miles for 2012 e350 & 2012 e350 bluetecs at 24 months / 30 months / 33 months?
This discussion has been closed.