Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Socalgirl

Sounds like a great deal, may I ask where did you get this deal, I too am in the market to pick up a e350 4matic?
    I like coupe but at these prices I am open to sedan.
    Thanks.

- Double006
  • For kicks I just tried to get a quote from one of the dealers in the Costco auto buying program. I should say that I have never gotten the best deal on any car I have leased using any of the services from Costco or similar things. The dealer called me and I asked him for a 1 pay lease rate to see where he was at. He was in another world. Completely outrageous. He really didnt like it when I told him I was aware of significant savings on the MSD program or 1 pay. Needless to say I am still looking.
  • What did you mean by dealer not building back end in the lease? Have not heard that comment before.

Robert
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Posts: 204
    edited November 2012
    My dealer's lease proposal included a separate $1,095 "lease fee". Is it a customary fee? Is that added by the dealer as additional profit or is is a mandatory fee from MB Financial? Should it be residualized?
    They're offering $6,000 off MSRP. That doesn't seem like much considering MB as has a $4,000 dealer cash promotion going on. Am I right? Thanks
  • delta737hdelta737h Posts: 603
    edited November 2012
    Sounds as though your dealer added $300 to the MBFS $795 acquisition fee. You're right, $6,000 off MSRP is not much. A very competitive sell price would be around $4,000 off MSRP before deducting the $4,000 dealer cash. Acquisition fees are not residualized but can be capitalized. Only value-added items that increase the vehicle's value can be residualized.

When negotiating a lease, always ask the dealer for their LEASE WORKSHEET which will tell you everything you need to know and more.

John
    TheAutoLeaseGeek
  • abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,134
    The sales person told me that anything over a 700 FICO is considerd top tier. Is that correct?

That is "incorrect!" Tier 1 credit score is 750+. Over 700 is considered good credit, however over 750 is considered excellent credit.

Most financial arms of automobile manufacturers are flexible with tier 1 credit - like BMW, Mercedes Benz, Toyota, financial services. But banks are not as flexible, especially on leases. When I was in the business, US Bank leased quite a bit, but was strict in that a credit score had to be 750 to qualify for one of their leases - which were quite good.

I hope that answers your question.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

edited November 2012
    Thanks. I have a lease worksheet, based on thier initial 12/24 lease proposal, which the salesperson was very reluctant to give me. That included the $1,095 Lease Fee. It also noted that the figures were based on a FICO score of 700. The salesperson told me anything above 700 is top tier. They haven't run a credit check so don't know my score, but last year when I bought my Audi it was over 800.

They are also using a .00191 MF rather than the .00121 which I understand is MB Financial buy rate. Under normal cuircumstances, how should a FICO of 800 v 700 affect the MF?
  • You asked...

"Under normal cuircumstances, how should a FICO of 800 v 700 affect the MF?"

I don't know MBFS underwriting criteria. Different fund providers view FICO scores differently. Top tier rates usually require FICO score above 720 but there is no industry-wide baseline FICO score.

John
  • Hello, no USAA discount just shopping around letting them fight for my business. Took only 1 day to get this deal and closed it! I am shopping on a $59185 E 350 now for my friend and getting $484 a month w/ $750 down 24 months 12k. I am in S California so we have tons of dealers. If anyone in S CA needs my help let me know. I love to get a great deal!!!
  • Thank you, I closed the deal!
  • I have never heard of lease fees and this is my 5th lease this year I have worked.
  • Hello, yes the $473 is including tax. I have closed the deal!!! The keyless is an option added on to alot of these cars. It was P1, keyless Go, comfort box, AMG 18" wheels (R08 pkg) rear spoiler. I am shopping on a $59185 E 350 now for my friend and getting $484 a month w/ $750 down 24 months 12k. I am in S California. What is a 1 pay lease and month to month??? What is Mulitple security deposits???
  • Double006,

It was an amazing deal. Are you in S California? The coupes do not have great deals right now. The E and C's are the ones this month. Also, tried to get my friend one in wht/blk and the stock is so limited I am working her a deal on a $59185 E 350 and getting $484 a month w/ $750 down 24 months 12k. If you are in Southern California I can work you an awesome deal. Such an amazing feeling to just see what deal I can get, LOL!
  • I closed the deal!
    I think the "lease fee" may also be referred to as an acquisition fee. At this point I'm not sure if it is paid to the dealer or to MB Financial. I'm in San Diego looking for an E350 Luxury model.
  • I got my deal from Long Beach ask for Dez. He is the internet manager. Let him know Lisa sent you and you know the deal I got. Let me know how it goes. If not I have another guy in Thousand Oaks I am dealing with on a C and another E.
  • I do live in Ventura county with sales tax 7.25% which makes a little difference. Just a heads up.
  • How much was the car discounted off MSRP? I am also in LA area and interested in one of these. Thanks!
    Thanks...I'll give him a call, though I might need to put off my purchase for a while.
  • ratlowratlow Posts: 3
    edited November 2012
    Posted this before but I think I did it as a REPLY. Just checking in on what the MF and Residual Rates are for a 2013 E350 Cabriolet for 10k and 12k miles for THREE YEARS. Also what is the discount for the maximum amount of Security Deposits?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.