Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• I just bought a 2013 E350 Cabriolet and figured I'd post the deal in case it helps someone.

P01 Premium Package
    Appearance Package
    Lane Tracking Package
    Rear Trunklid Spoiler
    Keyless-Go
    Wood Trim Package

MSRP: $67,445
    Sale Price: $57,335 (after $2500 USAA Fleet Incentive)
    $0 Cash Down
    36 months/15K miles
    $771/month including tax

I paid the first month's payment and registration fees at drive-off which totaled a little over $1000.

I had originally hoped to combine the USAA incentive with the Spring Event certificate which was worth $2000 but I was told by multiple dealers that they were not combinable. Had they been it wold have brought the payment down another $50 or so.
  • Wow!!!! Does he have another E350 around???? I would buy it sight unseen for those numbers! I'm serious... ask him!
  • They had it on the storage lot which was a few miles away from the showroom so I'm sure there are plenty more. Getting what I wanted was never a problem. This is a South Florida dealership. Send me a private message and I'll hook you up.
  • gpp2gpp2 Posts: 6
    This is a great deal. Please post or send me dealer info. I don't see how to do a private message to you. I do not do Facebook.
  • no PM's on this site. email me... russheyman@gmail.com
  • rayzamrayzam Posts: 11
    edited March 2013
    Hi, I am looking to lease a 2013 E-350 4-dr with premium-1 package in Southern California, hoping to get a good deal with the 2014 facelift arriving in a few weeks. I have got quotes of around $45k (on MSRP around $56k and invoice around $52k), but my question is if I take the residual as a percentage into my calculations, will it be applied on the MSRP, invoice or the price I am negotiating? If former, then obviously the impact of reduced price will be significantly diminished... It would be sweet if I could get their residual as a $ value they use for their "standard" sales and use that with my reduced price but not sure if it's doable or even fair. Sorry if it's a noob question as this is my first lease. Thanks!

PS: I appreciate if anyone can give me the money factor of 27- and 30-mo lease on this car for top-tier credit with 10k and 12k annual miles.
  • Hi Rayzam,
    RV is always assessed on MSRP. RV is a fixed percentage set by the MBFS based on the lease term and model type. Its generally non-negotiable. So, a high RV is to your benefit.

The variables that you can attack to reduce your monthly payment are the final sales price (affects Cap Cost) and MF. You can likely reduce the MF via MSDs and/or autopay.

As an aside, I'm in San Diego, but I always go to MB of Long Beach first as they are the most transparent with the above and offer good deals.

Cheers!
  • rayzamrayzam Posts: 11
    Now it makes perfect sense. Thanks so much! Also thanks for the tip on the dealer in Long Beach - highly appreciated!
  • hbo1nyhbo1ny Posts: 18
    Carman:

Can you post the money factor and residuals for an E350 RWD sedan in South Florida at 24 and 27 months for 12K and 15K miles per year? Also, what are this month's incentives on this vehicle? Thanks.
  • russman29russman29 Posts: 8
    edited March 2013
    I found a terrific website that publishes all the MF's and RV's of most manufacturers, except Porsche of course. It's at www.ridewithg.com. It's excellent, accurate and invaluable! The rates listed are 3 year and 15k miles with the % reductions for 10k and 12k. There is a link which brings you back to Edmunds for various incentives being offered but I haven't found that too useful. There's a tab on top for lease rates and it brings you where you need to be.

For me, I'm trying to find out what MB will be doing come April for existing lessees. Currently, they will waive your last 3 lease payments to get you into a new car of theirs. In past months, it was as high as 5. For me with 5 payments left(4 now), I'd have to eat 2 payments and there's simply no point to that! Does someone know if that will change?

Also, I see some people getting $9k or more off MSRP. What's an acceptable discount to expect? I had a car at $68130 with a price of $63520 for me... about $5k but they were raising the MF from .0016 to .0019 in order to get that price. Is that BS? As the '14's hit the showrooms, the discounts on the '13's will only deepen.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    You're welcome greencardwpb. I suspect that the programs are compatible, but I do not know that for certain.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hello hbo1ny. Mercedes-Benz Financial's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 E350 Sedan RWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00141 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for a 27-month lease of this car would likely be the same because it is probably eligible for the "Value Added" program that MB usually runs.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Mercedes-Benz has $2,000 Customer One certificates out there that can be used on this car. Try to get the dealer to use one on your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Sorry for the delayed posting. I am just returning from vacation and more or less disconnected for a week.

The dealership was Mercedes-Benz of North Palm Beach (Florida). My salesman was Ken (I'm not posting his last name per forum rules, but he's the only Ken there). Tell him the immigration lawyer sent you.
  • Thanks, Car_man. I did check with a number of different dealers, including a one far away from my area and they all said they were not combinable. Nonetheless, I think I got a great deal as I detailed above with the information shared by you and others in this forum.
  • jmatero2jmatero2 Posts: 4
    Based on what I've been reading, with the 2014's here in a couple weeks, does this seem like a good deal?

E350, Sport, Wheels, P1, Folding Seats, Rear Spoiler, Polar White, Comfort Box, KeylessGo, 2 years Maintenance, 27 months:

MSRP: $58,345
    Sale Price: $51,233.89
    Acq Fee: 1095

671.14/mo (incl tax)

Res: 69%
    MF: 0.00176
    Drive-off $1500

:confuse:
  • dl_amgdl_amg Posts: 39
    This is my deal back in 8/2012:

2013 E350 RWD-Gas Luxury Pkg - P1, Parktronic, Lane Tracking, Keyless-go, Walnut steering wheel, rear split seats, comfort box. - MSRP $59,695 including 2 years service plan.

Lease term - 24mo/24k.
    Cost - $1k at signing on credit card and $535/mo. including SoCal tax.

And this was back in 8/2012 so I'm sure with 2014 is coming, you should able to get it around or even lower. My deal is nothing close to the people who got it around beginning of the year but good enough during mid year.

Cheers
    You're welcome greencardwpb. I'm glad that you ended up getting a good deal. You deserved it, you researched thoroughly before pulling the trigger. Enjoy your new E.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi jmatero2,
    A few comments for your consideration.
    - Acq Fee. MB's standard fee is $795, but many dealers, including yours, is marking it up to 1095
    - MF. You should check, but I believe the buy rate MF is 0.00160. Several unscrupulous dealers mark up the MF as an additional source of profit.
    - You should consider MSD's and autopay as additional mechanisms to reduce the MF

Coupling the above with your info, I think that you can do much better on the car particularly since the 2014's will be in the showrooms soon.

My two rupees.

Cheers!
  • clsethclseth Posts: 2
    Hi Carman,

Thanks for your response. I've been quoted an MF of .0021 for a car priced around 57,500 (with P1 and Wood trim). The dealer hasn't budged from that high MF.

Also, I find it curious that the 2 yr/15k miles has higher residual value than a 2yr/7500 lease.

Are the numbers valid for April? Also is the Spring Event discount still available?

Thanks.
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Posts: 284
    What is April MF and Residual for 24 and 27 month lease? Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.