Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• jkang1jkang1 Posts: 7
    First of all, I always thank for this forum and everyone who has contributed to the articles.

I am about to switch my old 2010 E350 4matic to 2014 E350 4matic Sports Edition.
    I have 5 month remaining lease payment which will be taken care of by the dealer.

I have a quote: $2700 out of pocket, 36 month, 15K miles/year for $699 tax included
    E350 4matic Sports with P1, Lighting Package, Panorama Sunroof, etc
    MSRP: $62,500

Should I take the deal or push more?
    Please advise.. Thanks in advance.
  • Carman,

I ended up doing a European Delivery on a 2014 E350 4MATIC, I am going to sign the paperwork on the 15th of June. Can you give me the MF and residual for 36 months and 10K miles.

Thanks again!
  • kopierkopier Posts: 7
    Good morning Jkang1 - couple of questions. What state are you in? What is the sales tax rate in your area? how much was the monthly payment on the 2010 you traded in? Did you use any special disounts (fleet program - USAA etc?) let me know and I can tell if you have anymore room to negotiate.

Thank you
    Thank you for your reply, Kopier.
    I live in PA with 9% lease sales tax rate. I am paying $600 now for my 2010. I don't have any special discount program.
    thanks in advance.
  • 36fan36fan Posts: 2
    Does this sound fair or should I negotiate more? Im fine with 10k miles. 36 months is fine with me or shorter but not longer. So. Ca. taxes(not sure %?). Im also turning in a Mercedes lease in this deal. Does the MF and RV looked to be inline for the 2014?

60k sticker
    53k sales price
    3k out of pocket
    .00148 MF
    62% RV
    10k miles 36 months
    598.00 payment total.
    Jkang1 - If the sales tax is 9% I would take that deal and run - that is a great deal for 15k 36 months for a $62,500 sticker. The current pull ahead is 3 payments - so you have negative $1200 on the current lease - I beleive the residual for 36 month 15k is 59% and the rate is .00143 = they are currently running the summer MB promo that provides dealers with 2k hold back and 1k rebate on 14 E's - all that said and done it looks like a $6000 discount on the car plus the holdback and rebate - that is a great deal for this car only out one month. if you can get it - I do not think you can do better. let me know how it comes out.
    36fan - based on your numbers using a 8% sales tax for SOCAL - your payment should be about $570 out the door - however that is with no negative on your current trade - the pull ahead on current E's is 3 months anything more than they will roll into the new lease payment. This is based on the numbers you have provided - if they are discounting the car 4k before the 2k holdback and 1k rebate - that is a good deal - I would take it - no use in trying to squeeze abother $20 bucks - they have already provided a great deal - what dealer are you working with?
  • ineedacar5ineedacar5 Posts: 16
    edited June 2013
    My quote seems really really high. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

2014 E-Class 4-matic
    $63,350 asking:
    They will give me $2,000 off
    Maintenance included
    taxes included
    15k miles per year

24 month: 68%
    36 month 59%
    48 month 48%
    Money Factor 0.00177

0 down
    24 month: $1061 per month
    36month: $932 per month

$3,000 down
    24 month: $922 per month
    36 month: $838 per month

$5,000 down
    24 month: $829 per month
    36 month: $775 per month
  • ineedacar5ineedacar5 Posts: 16
    edited June 2013
    2014 E-Class 4-matic
    $62,245 asking
    They will give me $2,000 off
    Maintenance included
    taxes included
    15k miles per year

1,000 down
    $1,117.26 per month

2,000 down
    $1,070.80 per month

3,000 down
    $1,024.86 per month
  • 36fan36fan Posts: 2
    Sounds to me that he is using the 2k holdback and the 1k of loyalty to bring the car down to invoice,then using my 3 k to bring the cap down the 53k that he quoted me. So thats a total of 7k off sticker with my 3k and his rebates. With tax fees etc,the payment was 598. I doubt he will go invoice,then use the 2k hold back and 1k loyalty.

Is that a fair deal with him using his 3k to bring it down to invoice and my 3k for cap reduction? Im looking to get into a car within the next 40 days or less.
    I was under the impression base on on your original post that the 53k was the price before the cap cost reduction - anyway the 3k down does not all go to the cap cost - you have first months payment 599 you have the doc fee 795 and license 600 and state fee (small amount) - so 2k of the 3k is used for those fees and 1k is used towards cap cost - I think this is a good deal - what dealer in SoCal?
    Thanks a lot, kopier.
    I am not good at calculating the lease payment, but your statement made me understand easily how the discount, rebate and my payment roll into the monthly payment. So the selling price would be $53500("all that said and done it looks like a $6000 discount on the car plus the holdback and rebate" by kopier)? Wow.
    I really appreciate your comment. Based upon your thoughts, my deal looks great and I will take no later than next week. Maybe push a little bit for free first maintenance?
    Seems like high to me.. Push more discount on the car like $4000. Don't take the free maintenance program as long as it is free or minimal costs. Most of parts are under warranty(even changing bulbs). I paid around $800 during 3 year of my lease for maintenance. Look at my post. I am getting a new lease deal now, and the car seems similar to yours including terms.
  • Looking for the MF and Residual on a 36-month lease of a 2014 E350 Sedan 4Matic with 10,000 miles per year. I am signing on the 15th.

Thanks in advance!
  • donno2011donno2011 Posts: 9
    In SoCal, dealer in Buena Park, salesman AA (our 4th from him). MSRP $59,625, sell $53,112. Polar/Silk, Pano, AMG Wheels, split fold rear seats, spoiler, flat bottom steering wheel, comfort box. 36/15k/$2500 drive off, including lease return protection plan and maint plan, $709/mo inc tax. Residual 58%, $795 acquisition fee. MF (backed into given other known values) .00162.

Salesman AA carries clout to get deals done. As time marches on better deals will be had, but given the model just arrived, it's pretty good. Everyone's situation is different. The miles on my '11 E350 were reaching penalty phase, as well as tires and brakes were due shortly, so I offset the upcoming maint cost and excess mileage cost (why put that money into a car that's gone in the very near future?) against the new car.

Also, unlike other MB dealers in Orange County, this dealer does not grind the customer into submission, spending hours haggling every $3.00 increment. They will send quote via email and work the deal over the phone which is convenient for busy people.

I personally prefer rewarding the dealer that quotes the best price as well as those who are honest thru the entire transaction, and ESPECIALLY those who quote via email. I don't like dealers who turn what should be an easy transaction into an epic event, requiring your physical presence to be sequestered in a confined cubicle, and I never use a lower quote from one dealer to get a car at another who originally wanted to play games in the first place.

For those who search inventory online, this dealer's website has the best detail because it shows the options on the car, unlike many other dealer sites which proved frustrating. That info was very helpful to find the car I wanted without having to sit on the phone, or drive all over SoCal.

Hope this helps.
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Posts: 284
    >>I personally prefer rewarding the dealer that quotes the best price as well as those who are honest thru the entire transaction, and ESPECIALLY those who quote via email. I don't like dealers who turn what should be an easy transaction into an epic event, requiring your physical presence to be sequestered in a confined cubicle, and I never use a lower quote from one dealer to get a car at another who originally wanted to play games in the first place.

This.
  • strohldestrohlde Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    Never leased anything before but tempted too.

Wife stopped in at a dealer yesterday and this is where we're at

2013 E350 Sport 4matic with P1 - Demo with 8k miles
    10k is either done or will be done
    MSRP: 59,865
    Discount: 9897.66
    Sale Price: 49,967.34

$2995 down + first month and some taxes

27 months, 10k miles/yr
    mf = .00127
    residual: 40,320.45
    monthly payments: $422.12 + tax

This seem reasonable? As said...never leased before, but based on depreciation + mf payment puts me at $357....question is how close should we push to get to that? My wife said they were done dealing with her at present.

I am a USAA member...does that give me any more benefit on a lease deal?

Thanks for any feedback
  • The following is what I have deduced from the lease offer on MBUSA.com, no guarantees that these are correct. I am putting them here for anyone who might be looking for them.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's June buy rate lease money factor for a 36-month lease of a 2014 E350 Sedan 4Matic is 0.00148 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Residuals are
    62 % for 10,000 miles per year
    61 % for 12,000 miles per year
    59 % for 15,000 miles per year
  • a1s1a1a1s1a1 Posts: 20
    I have also never leased a vehicle until about 3 weeks ago when I leased this car. MB E 350 4 matic Sport with 18 inch AMG wheels, 2013 Model Year
    Pallidium Silver
    Options: P1 package
    Additional options: rear spoiler
    push start button/keyless entry
    split folding seats
    comfort box in the trunk
    chrome door handle inserts
    Dealer installed option: 3M clear bra on hood, rear view mirrors and door edge
    MSRP: 61256. Selling price 52256
    0 down lease for 27 moths 12K/year= 600/month
    I have put down 5000 upfront which brought the lease payment down to 411/month. I added 2 service prepayments in the lease.
    Total out the door price 423/month 12K/year for 27 months.
    Buy end option price at the end of the lease 42K
    Dunno about USAA member discount. Hope it helps. Good Luck!
    BTW I love this car. John
  • a1s1a1a1s1a1 Posts: 20
    Strohlde

Forgot to mention that my car had less than 100 miles. Given your situation of a demo car with slightly less options and the fact that 2014 model year is out in abundance I would suggest to try for more like 12-15K/yr lease with 2 services included in the lease price for 0 down 422/month.
    John
This discussion has been closed.