Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• Considering both E55 wagon and G500 truck. Can your provide money factors and residual numbers for both? 39mo/10k mi. Thanks.
  • Hi Car_man,

Can you help me understand the current lease program, and amount that I would pay if virtually all costs are rolled into the monthly payment, according to the current offer at the Mercedes web site for the 2006 E350 Sedan 4matic (premium package included)?

They are offering the car at 569.00 month for 39 months. As you can see, they want 4,314.00 cash due at signing which includes $2,950 capitalized cost reduction, $759.00 acquisition fee and first month's lease payment of $566.00. Total payments equal $25,936.00. The MSRP is $56,275 less the suggested dealer contribution resutling in a total gross capitalized cost of $51,576.62 as it says there at the web site. Excludes title, taxes, registration, dealer prep, etc. Total monthly payments equal 22,191.00 according to that plan.

My question is this: If I get them to roll all of the costs into the monthly payment (except for $1,266.00 license and first month's payment due at signing) and assuming my local tax rate is 6.6 percent, can you tell me what the monthly payments should be right now on this car based on MB Credit's current program or money factor? I understand that there is a $595.00 turn in fee at the end of the lease which I guess I could pay at the end of the lease or, if you think it's best to include in payments, please go ahead and include it in your calculation.

Also, do you know if Mercedes Credit is more stringent on excess wear and tear than others like Honda Finances, etc.? In other words, if you have some scratches or small dents at the end, is Mercedes known to be tougher and more expensive than, say, Honda Finance or about the same?

Thanks for the wonderful help you provide on this site!
  • Carman said in the INfiniti M Forum:

"You're right, the 2006 Mercedes-Benz E350 is an outstanding vehicle to lease right now. If I was in the market for a vehicle in this class, I would go with the E350 way before I went with an Infiniti M. You can get a loaded E350 sedan with navigation, AWD, the works for under $500 per month before tax. That's a great deal."

How do I get this deal beacause that is an excellent one? I am asking for details etc.

Thanks,
    David
  • wantmbwantmb Posts: 15
    CarMan,

Please help me with this deal on a 2006 E 350 4 matic. $57,790 MSRP with Premium package and lighting package, selling price is $51,200. Tax and tags approx. $2900. $695 per month for 39 mos, 15k miles with $4,000 out of pocket. I am trying to validate the money factor and if this is considered a good lease deal. Selling price I am told is $54,200 - $3,000 rebate. I figure it is $888 over invoice, which I feel is pretty good on this vehicle. Please share your thoughts.
    CarMan,

Please help me with this deal on a 2006 E 350 4 matic. $57,790 MSRP with Premium package and lighting package, selling price is $51,200. Tax and tags approx. $3200. $695 per month for 39 mos, 15k miles with approx $4,000 out of pocket (which includes tax & tags, 1st months payment). I am trying to validate the money factor (what is Nov money factor and residual for 15k and 18k miles?) and if this is considered a good lease deal. Selling price I am told is $54,200 - $3,000 rebate. I figure it is $888 over invoice, which I feel is pretty good on this vehicle. Please share your thoughts.
  • Hey birdbird. Any dealer would be more than happy to lease you an E350 at full price, only deducting the $3,000 dealer cash that is available on it right now. However, you definitely will be be paying more than you should be if you do this. The selling prices of leased vehicles, even ones that have cash incentives and special lease programs available on them are absolutely negotiable. In fact, the reason that these incentives are even available is that the car is not selling as well as Mercedes-Benz wants on its own. This means that is selling price is probably even more negotiable than a vehicle that doesn't have any sort of incentives available on it.

At lease signing, consumers are usually only required to pay their vehicle's first month's lease payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment, the acquisition fee of the bank that they are leasing through (Mercedes-Benz Credit currently charges $795), and any requires state taxes or fees. Consumers usually have the option to have their vehicle's security deposit waived in exchange for a slight increase in the lease money factor that is used to calculate their payment.

The $3,000 dealer cash is an attractive offer, but it definitely is not the highest dealer cash allowance that I have seen on a Mercedes-Benz model. Mercedes has $7,000 dealer cash on a number of 2006 S-Class models already.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Here's the information that you are looking for, njpaguy. If you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz E550 Wagon through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now for 39 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00320 and 58%, respectively assuming that you pay a security deposit and qualify for its top credit tier. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2005 G500 should be .00320 and 55%.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'd be happy to help you out, birdbird. Let's calculate what the payment would be like on a zero down lease of this car. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz E350 Sedan with 4Matic with an MSRP of $56,275 and a selling price of $51,576.62 through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now for 39 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $653. With this deal, at lease signing, you would have to pay your car's first month's payment, a security deposit of $700, and Mercedes-Benz Credit's lease acquisition fee of $795. If you opt to roll the acquisition fee into the cap cost as well, it would increase the lease payment to around $676.

I have never personally leased a vehicle through Mercedes-Benz Credit so I can't comment on its excess wear and tear policy from personal experience. Having said this, most manufacturers' captive finance companies are very reasonable when it comes to evaluating vehicles at lease-end. They will charge lessees for decent sized dents or scratches, but they aren't looking to nickel and dime anyone because that would leave a bad taste in the lessee's mouth and possibly cost their parent company a future sale.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi David. Mercedes-Benz is running a very attractive lease program on the E350 Sedan right now. To get the lease payment that I mentioned in the post that you are referring to, you need to negotiate as attractive a selling price as possible on this car and then take advantage of the special lease program. Specifically, the program provides a $3,000 dealer cash allowance for leases of this car through Mercedes-Benz Credit and a special lease money factor of .00275. Taking advantage of the dealer cash, lowest possible money factor, and negotiating a great selling price should result in the lease payment that you are interested in. If you let me know the the approximate selling price and MSRP of the car that you want, I'd be happy to estimate what its lease payment should be for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • I agree, wantmb. $900 over invoice is a reasonable selling price for this car. The one thing that I don't like about the deal that you mentioned is the large amount of money that is due at lease signing. Consumers can and should lease any vehicle that they are interested in without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction. Even sales tax can be rolled into vehicles' lease payments in most instances. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your insurance company pays off the bank that you were leasing it through and your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for this car would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put several thousand dollars down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all.

I just calculated what this car's lease payment should be using Mercedes-Benz Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and I came up with a zero down, pre-tax payment of $660. This is a little higher than the payment that you were quoted. The dealer may be marking up this car's buy rate money factor of .00275 to add a little back-end profit to this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • No problem, njpaguy. Good luck in your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the input can you break down how you came up with the $660 a month payment. If MSRP is 57790 & selling price is $51200. I understand the money factor is .00275, what is the residual? I'm not able to come up with your figures. Does it include MB $795 aacqusition fee? Please help me with the breakdown
  • MBUSA is aggresively advertising lease deals on E350 & 4matic. Dealers are also getting $3000 back from manufacturer. How much can you negotiate with dealer on selling price before you lease. E350 4matic is advertised for 569/month,10000 miles/year & 2900 cap cost reduction.
    Thanks
  • My friend just leased E500 4Matic with premium package & appearance package($68,000). His lease deal was like this. 1st month payment +Bank fees(895)+Reg.+Document fees=$2200.
    His monthly payments were 750/month (tax included) for NJ for 39 months. How is this deal? Can I do better than this?
  • Car_Man,
    Could you comment on above deal? I do not have a selling price. But is it a good deal?

Thanks Car_man.
  • Car_man

Looking at a 2006 E350, MSRP of $54,465. I assume $3,000 incentive should be applied to cap. cost. Edmiunds has invoice of $50,708. Invoice, less incentive would be $47,508. Allowing $1,500 above invoice (higher than some comments on this thread, but below the Edmunds "what others are paying") would give $49,008 cap cost, nothing down. I have seen the .00275 money factor referenced above. What is the residual on a 39 month lease and what would be the 39 month, 15,000 mile per year lease payment?

Thanks!!
  • Hi,

I am ready to lease a E350 in this week and currently MB is offering $3k incentive. Can someone please give me an idea how much my monthly payment going to be based on the following options?

06 E350
    Options: Premium Package & Appearence package
    MSRP: Approx - $58k
    15k miles per year
    36 months lease terms
    0 down

I heard people getting 8k off from MSRP. If i can get 8k off would be around $51k selling price. How much my monthly payment going to be with 0 down?

Thanks in advance!
    Le
  • Car_man

I'm currently in a 2003 e320 and have to roll over 12 month extension or turn in today. So in a jam on timeline.

Spoke with a dealer who has an 06 e350 (not 4matic) with sticker of 58K. He is pricing the vehicle down to 48.5K. locked all costs including .0675% sales tax and 995.00 acquistition cost into lease and qouted 837.00 payment for 39 months and 20,000 miles per year.

I asked about the 3,000 incentive back to dealer, he said that's how he got down to 48.5. Then asked about .00275 money factor and he said he is using.00305 money factor. Does this compute for you?
  • pdogpdog Posts: 1
    Picked up a 2006 E350 MSRP $54995 for $46,500 on Monday. Lease breaks down like this: $1750 down, $612 per month for 39 months, Residual of $33,000, Rent charge $8500, 15,000 miles a year. Salesperson said it was a good deal but they always do. My question is does that rent charge seem kind of high? What does Mercedes usually charge?
This discussion has been closed.