Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• BKNYC- That price is good for what I've seen so far. I still think in a month or so it will come down further. Where did you get that quote? What dealer? Did that out of pocket number include the first month?
  • bknycbknyc Posts: 57
    Car_Man
    Out of pocket does include 1st month payment.... actual payment went up a bit to $765 (was $747) because of equipment (now $59,075 from $58,235)
    Thanks
  • hey bknyc
    what dealer is that?
    i just came back from Ray Catena MB in Edison NJ and I wasn't happy with the rates

2010 E350 Coupe - $52,875
    black/black
    premium 1 package
    862.67 x 36 months/12K miles a year
    $5,122.33 due at signing

or with the NY tax into the monthly payment
    957.18 x 36 months/12K miles a year
    $2,460.61 due at signing.

in both cases, its a bad deal, so i'm curious to know your dealer bknyc
  • Will you please let me know which dealer you got this quote from. Thank you Your help will be greatly appreciated
    Ray Catena in Union...My quote included a Fleet discount and was $2100 out of pocket and final # came to $780 per month including NJ sales tax
  • How much is fleet discount on e class?
  • hey bknyc
    is there any way you can email me the contact information of your dealer? that is the best deal that i have heard offered anywhere. thanks, my email is bishoiaziz@aol.com.
  • How did you get the fleet discount bknyc?
    Fleet discount is $2000....
    My company is part of the fleet program...
  • CarMan
    I would like to know what you think about this offer. Car is priced at 68.1K. Base cap cost of the car is 63,777. 36 months lease, 5K out of the pocket, 6.25 sales tax, 15miles/year dealer's payment comes out to 1026. When i do my calculations i get payment of 955 using money factor .00259, $795 lease fee, 36months with residual 53%. Please let me know if i am doing something wrong with my calculations. Dealer is promissing to me that they are using same money factor and residual as i do. Thank you and your help is greatly appreciated.
  • In NYC

2009 E350 Wagon - New
    MSRP 65.8k
    Reduced 13.k
    Sale price 52.8k

Early lease term on a 27 month lease at 15 months - full buyout of the remaining lease payments of 9.6k (5 month loyalty, no car return fee and USAA money + some dealer cash) so I walk away owing no money.

Have to buy - lease terms not great - need to use MB finance rate of 6.9

Can i do better?
  • Do you happen to know your Vehicle Sales Price not MSRP?
  • HI CarMan,

What do you think about this deal?

In NYC

2009 E350 Wagon - New
    MSRP 65.8k
    Reduced 13.k
    Sale price 52.8k

Early lease term on a 27 month lease at 15 months - full buyout of the remaining lease payments of 9.6k (5 month loyalty, no car return fee and USAA money + some dealer cash) so I walk away owing no money.

Have to buy - lease terms not great - need to use MB finance rate of 6.9

Can i do better?

Thanks for your time.
  • Hi eagajanyan. Let's work up a lease payment on this car using Mercedes' current program and see what we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 E550 4Matic that has an MSRP of $68,100 and a selling price of $63,777 through Mercedes-Benz Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $1,028. I used a money factor and residual value of 0.00259 and 53% to arrive at this payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi mbnyc. Mercedes-Benz is currently providing a whopping $12,000 dealer cash on leftover 2009 E350 Wagons. Add to that the spread of at least $4,000 between this vehicle's full MSRP and its dealer invoice price and you have a total of approximately $16,000 to play with during your negotiations.

The $13,000 discount that you were quoted is probably equivalent to around $3,000 over dealer invoice. If I was in the market for this car, I personally would want another Grand or two knocked off of its selling price. Having said that, your early lease termination complicates things. If you can get out of your current lease a year early and get this car for three grand over invoice then you're probably getting a decent deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi there,
    Can any1 tell me if the lease I just got is okay.
    2010 E-350 SEDAN
    P1 & AMG SPORT PCKG
    39 MOS, 12,000K
    2800 OUT OF POCKET, ALREADY INCLUDED ALL FEES & FIRST MONTH
    $749.00 PER MONTH TAX INCLUDED
    RESIDUAL: $31,347.00
  • Car Man can tell you the official answer.

On my end, I think this is very competitive, at least from the rates that I am seeing. Most are around $750-$800 when you do no cap cost reduction. Inception fee sounds about $800 too high since dealer acquisition fees are around $800, tax and title around $450 and first month at $750 that you are quoted. Do you know what accounts for the extra $800.

Do you know the MSRP and selling price? What was the MF they used?

Good luck! CarMan, what do you think? Do others have any similar offers to share?
  • Sorry for the delay, Its been madness I had the number backwards its 684! Its $56K MSRP for P1 luxury.
  • Dear Car Man;

I have ordered an E350 4matic, P1 through a local dealer after negotiating a selling price of around 53K
    No Lease rates were quoted because they said that these will change by the time car gets here around mid-October 2010 which seemed logical.

I am confused as to whether I should wait and start the lease in November 2010 or just start in mid October. The dealer wants me to start as soon as the car gets here as he feels the payments may go up??

Can you please help guide me here? What do I need to watch out for here?

Thanks
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,263
    bknyc -- there are lots of lease companies that are listing on swapalease from nyc. The payments are awsome on some models. vip leasing etc --- do you know anything about whether they are legitimate and if the listings are real or bait and switch.
  • aeggroupaeggroup Posts: 131
    I know VIP leasing and it's absolutely legitimate company. The other story is the deal you get from them. It all depends on a market conditions. Those companies use fleet discount to make purchase price less and that is why you get better lease. Many times even authorized MB dealer can't match those deals. I used Grand Prix leasing and they gave me better deal than MB dealer. The payment they advertise on swapalease is so low because it's usually 7,500 miles a year. And Yes - it's usually no money down - only first payment, bank fee and legal MTV fees.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,263
    Thanks aeggroup--The deals change with the market for instance -- I was looking for a lease on a Q-7 quattro premium for a friend and the guy said he had one for $525 36 months 10k miles last winter. Nothing like that now. When my current lease is 2 months from the end will check on what is the best deal and perhaps drive to nyc get the car turn in my murano and take a vacation. Saw deals from grand prix and m&l as well. Will check them out for sure.
  • I have ordered an E350 4matic, P1 through a local dealer.
    No Lease rates were quoted because they said that these will change by the time car gets here around mid-October 2010 which seemed logical.

I am confused as to whether I should wait and start the lease in November 2010 or just start in mid October. The dealer wants me to start as soon as the car gets here as he feels the payments may go up??

Can you please help guide me here? What do I need to watch out for here?
    How would I know what the rates and residuals are? What would be the current payments for this car with a sale price of 53K

Any help would be appreciated!
  • Congratulations on getting your new E, heartofasia. I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal, but it would be much easier for me to do so if you were to provide us with this car's MSRP and selling price first. You should be able to find both of those numbers on your contract.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi frogger97. It is in the dealer's best interest to create a sense of urgency in you to finalize your deal ASAP. I doubt that they know whether Mercedes' November lease program will be better or worse at this point. Whet they do know is that they will begin paying floorplan interest on your car when it arrives and every day that passes after its arrival is another potential day that your deal could fall apart because you changed your mind.

I personally don't see any reason to stretch things out and wait until November to lease. It's possible the Nov. program could be better and it's possible that it could be worse. I don't think anyone knows for certain what will happen at this point.

Car_man
    Host
  • aeggroupaeggroup Posts: 131
    My dealer told me that one of the best time to lease new E will be in December, because MB usually have December to remember program to move inventory before the end of the year. December will be the month with promotions and cash backs. That's what my dealer said.

Good luck.
  • Thanks for the tip.
    Here is what the dealer came up with.....Does this sound reasonable to you?

52900K 2010 E350W4 39 months 12000 miles per year is $817.37 incl. tax

He did not give me any RV or money factor. He did quote a finance rate of 3.99%

I would appreciate your help, as I know they can mark up the price for a profit.
This discussion has been closed.